Subject: IAPP Inter Access Point Protocol

From: [email-masked] (Jost Weinmiller)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:45:24 -0100 (GMT)

Sorry for asking something slightly off-topic:

I have found a number of announcements for an "Inter Access Point
Protocol" - IAPP - that has been developed for interoperable
communication between the access point of wireless LANs. Its
developpers are Aironet, Lucent and Digital Ocean. I have not found
any details about the protocol beyond these announcements. I have tried
emailing the companies directly, I have been searching around a
lot but could not find anything.
Can anybody on this list possibly point me to the right direction?

your help will be appreciated
Jost Weinmiller

* Jost Weinmiller                        [email-masked]         *
* Telekommunikationsnetze                *phone +49-30-314-21980       *
* Technische Universitaet Berlin         *fax   +49-30-314-22514       *
* Mobile Network WWW page http://www-tkn.ee.tu-berlin.de/bibl/         *

---

From: "Frank Ciotti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 09:24:56 -0400

Jost,

 I work for Telxon which is the parent conpany
of Aironet.  While I do write code for the Aironet
access points, it is for Mobile IP and not IAPP.
I will contact Aironet to see what information
on IAPP is available.