Subject: Reminder: MobiCom'97, September 26-30, Budapest, Hungary

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:43:33 -0400

The early registration deadline for MobiCom'97, the Third Annual
ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking,
is next Friday, August 29.  After that, prices go up a bit.
Register now to get the early registration discounted price.
For complete information on MobiCom'97, see our web pages at
http://www.monarch.cs.cmu.edu/~mobicom97/ .

					Dave

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                 MobiCom'97
                 Advance Program and Call for Participation

            THE THIRD ANNUAL ACM/IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
                     MOBILE COMPUTING AND NETWORKING

               The Palace of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
                              Budapest, Hungary

               Tutorials and Conference: September 26-30, 1997
                          Workshops: October 1, 1997

 The wireless communication revolution is bringing fundamental changes to
 telecommunication and computing.  Wide-area cellular systems and wireless
 LANs promise to make integrated networks a reality and provide fully
 distributed and ubiquitous mobile computing and communications, thus
 bringing an end to the tyranny of geography.  Furthermore, services for
 the mobile user are maturing and are poised to change the nature and
 scope of communication.  This conference, the third of an annual series,
 serves as the premier international forum addressing networks, systems,
 algorithms, and applications that support the symbiosis of mobile computers
 and wireless networks.

 The MobiCom'97 technical program features the presentation of 26 excellent
 papers, selected after detailed review from over 100 submissions received
 this year. In addition, the program will include 4 panel discussion sessions
 and 2 invited keynote speakers, plus a number of tutorials before the
 conference and 2 workshops after the conference. All together, MobiCom'97
 offers an outstanding technical program and promises to be an exciting
 conference on the cutting edge of mobile computing and networking. We invite
 you to join us for MobiCom'97 and hope to see you in beautiful and historic
 Budapest!

                              Important Dates
              Hotel Reservation Deadline:     August 15, 1997
              Early Registration Deadline:    August 29, 1997

 For more information, please contact either of the Program Co-Chairs:
 David B. Johnson, Carnegie Mellon University, [email-masked],
 Telephone: +1 412 268 7399, Fax: +1 412 268 5576; or Christopher Rose,
 Rutgers University, [email-masked], Telephone: +1 908 445 5250,
 Fax: +1 908 445 2820.

 For complete details and all the latest MobiCom'97 information, visit
 the MobiCom'97 Home Page on the World Wide Web at:

                 http://www.monarch.cs.cmu.edu/~mobicom97/

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The location for MobiCom'97 is the Palace of the Hungarian Academy of
 Sciences. The Academy is the most prestigious scientific institution in
 Hungary, and the Palace, the central building of the Academy, is one of
 the most beautiful buildings in Budapest. It is located on the Pest side
 of Budapest, east of the Danube River, near the Chain Bridge. The Palace
 overlooks the northern end of Roosevelt Square, along the embankment of
 the Danube River. Built between 1861 and 1865, this neo-Renaissance
 building is decorated, both inside and outside, with sculptures and
 wall-paintings by the most outstanding Hungarian artists of the age.
 The conference hotels are all located nearby, and many of the sights
 and shops of Budapest are within easy walking distance.

 Budapest is easily reached by air, rail, road, or river. Budapest's airport
 is served by a number of major world airlines, with nonstop flights from
 many foreign cities. For transportation from the airport to your hotel, we
 suggest the LRI MINIBUS Service. The information desk for this shuttle
 service is located in the center of the airport arrival lobby. You can
 order this service inside the baggage claim area as well. The price of the
 shuttle is 1200 Hungarian Forint (HUF) per person (approximately US $7-8)
 one way.

 Citizens of some countries may require entry visas to visit Hungary.  No
 visa is needed for citizens of the USA, Canada, or any of the European
 countries, except Albania, Turkey, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan.  A visa is
 needed for citizens of Japan and Australia.  If in doubt, please check
 this with the Hungarian Embassy in your country.  They will help you to
 complete the necessary entry formalities.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
 --------------------

 8:30am - 5:00pm    Tutorial 1 (Full-Day)

   * Wireless ATM: Standards, Architectures, Protocols & Implementation,
     Lou Dellaverson (Motorola, USA), C.-K. Toh (Hughes Research
     Laboratories, USA), and Arup Acharya (NEC, USA)

 8:30am - 5:00pm    Tutorial 2 (Full-Day)

   * Mobile IP: Adding Mobility to the Internet, Charles E. Perkins
     (Sun Microsystems, USA)

 SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
 ----------------------

 8:30am - 5:00pm    Tutorial 3 (Full-Day)

   * Simulation of Large Mobile Wireless Networks, Rajive Bagrodia and
     Mario Gerla (University of California at Los Angeles, USA)

 8:30am - 12:00pm   Tutorial 4 (Half-Day, Morning)

   * Cellular Wireless Networks: Principles and Operation, Zygmunt J. Haas
     (Cornell University, USA)

 1:30pm - 5:00pm    Tutorial 5 (Half-Day, Afternoon)

   * Disconnected and Weakly Connected Access to the World Wide Web: Issues
     and Techniques, Murray S. Mazer (Open Group Research Institute, USA)

 7:00pm - 9:00pm    Welcome Reception

 SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28
 --------------------

 1:00pm - 2:00pm    Registration

 2:00pm - 3:30pm    Opening Session

   * Welcome and opening remarks
   * Awards presentation
   * Opening Keynote Speaker

 3:30pm - 4:00pm    Break

 4:00pm - 5:30pm    Session 1: Reconfiguration and Adaptation

   * Composable Ad-hoc Mobile Services for Universal Interaction, Todd
     Hodes, Randy H. Katz, Edouard Servan-Schreiber, and Lawrence Rowe
     (University of California at Berkeley, USA): BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD
   * Dynamic Network Configuration Support for Mobile Computers, Jon Inouye
     (Oregon Graduate Institute, USA)
   * Location-Aware Mobile Applications based on Directory Services,
     Henning Maass (Philips Research Laboratories Aachen, Germany)

 Evening            Conference Dinner Banquet

 MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
 --------------------

 8:30am - 10:00am   Session 2: Wireless Network Architectures

   * Reliable Broadcast in Mobile Multihop Networks, Elena Pagani and Gian
     Paolo Rossi (Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy)
   * Route Optimization in Mobile ATM Networks, Gopal Dommety (Ohio State
     University, USA), Malathi Veeraraghavan (Bell Laboratories, USA), and
     Mukesh Singhal (Ohio State University, USA)
   * Wireless Andrew: Experience Building a High Speed, Campus-Wide Wireless
     Data Network, Bernard J. Bennington and Charles R. Bartel (Carnegie
     Mellon University, USA)

 10:00am - 10:30am  Break

 10:30am - 12:00pm  Concurrent Sessions

   Session 3A: Mobile and Wireless Data Delivery

   * Geographic Addressing and Routing, Julio C. Navas and Tomasz
     Imielinski (Rutgers, USA)
   * The Effects of Asymmetry on TCP Performance over Wide-Area Wireless
     Networks, Hari Balakrishnan, Venkata N. Padmanabhan, and Randy H. Katz
     (University of California at Berkeley, USA)
   * Log-time Algorithms for Scheduling Single and Multiple Channel Data
     Broadcast, Sohail Hameed and Nitin H. Vaidya (Texas A&M University, USA)

   Session 3B: PANEL 1

   * Building and Managing Large Wireless LANs: Real-World Experiences,
     Moderator: Victor Bahl (Microsoft, USA)

 12:00pm - 2:00pm   Conference Lunch

   * Luncheon Keynote Speaker

 2:00pm - 3:30pm    Concurrent Sessions

   Session 4A: Multimedia and QoS Issues

   * Multimedia Communication in Cellular PACS Network, Yukio Hashimoto
     and Behcet Sarikaya (University of Aizu, Japan); and Mehmet Ulema
     (DaeWoo Telecom, USA)
   * Delivering Diverse Delay/Dropping QoS Requirements in a TDMA
     Environment, Jeffrey M. Capone and Ioannis Stavrakakis (Northeastern
     University, USA)
   * Uplink CDMA Systems with Diverse QoS Guarantees for Heterogeneous
     Traffic, Sunghyun Choi and Kang G. Shin (University of Michigan, USA)

   Session 4B: PANEL 2

   * Commercial Applications of Mobile Ad Hoc Networking:
     Are We Kidding Ourselves?,
     Moderator: M. Scott Corson (University of Maryland, USA)

 3:30pm - 4:00pm    Break

 4:00pm - 5:00pm    Session 5: Wireless Error Control

   * An Adaptive Hybrid ARQ Scheme with Concatenated FEC Codes for Wireless
     ATM, Inwhee Joe (Georgia Institute of Technology, USA)
   * Low Power Error Control for Wireless Links, Paul Lettieri, Christina
     Fragouli, and Mani B. Srivastava (University of California at
     Los Angeles, USA)

 Evening            Dinner Cruise (optional)

 TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
 ---------------------

 8:30am - 10:00am   Session 6: Mobile IP

   * Mobile Multicast (MoM) Protocol: Multicast Support for Mobile Hosts,
     Tim Harrison, Carey L. Williamson, Wayne Mackrell, and Richard B. Bunt
     (University of Saskatchewan, Canada)
   * A New Multicasting-based Architecture for Internet Host Mobility,
     Jayanth P. Mysore and Vaduvur Bharghavan (University of Illinois at
     Urbana-Champaign, USA)
   * A Public-Key Based Secure Mobile IP, John Zao, Stephen Kent, Joshua
     Gahm, Gregory Troxel, Matt Condell, Pam Helinek, Nina Yuan, and Isidro
     Castineyra (BBN, USA)

 10:00am - 10:30am  Break

 10:30am - 12:00pm  Concurrent Sessions

   Session 7A: Location Management and Handover

   * A New Location Update Strategy for Cellular Networks and its
     Implementation using a Genetic Algorithm, Sajal K. Das and Sanjoy
     K. Sen (University of North Texas, USA)
   * A Dynamic Paging Scheme for Wireless Communication Systems, Guang Wan
     and Eric C. Lin (Southern Methodist University, USA)
   * A Connection Handover Protocol for LEO Satellite ATM Networks,
     Huseyin Uzunalioglu, Wei Yen, and Ian F. Akyildiz (Georgia Institute
     of Technology, USA)

   Session 7B: PANEL 3

   * Integration of Wireless and Wired Networks: Visions and Reality,
     Moderator: Mooi Choo Chuah (Lucent, USA)

 12:00pm - 1:30pm   Lunch

 1:30pm - 3:00pm    Concurrent Sessions

   Session 8A: Protection in Mobile Computing

   * A Protection Scheme for Mobile Agents on Java, Daniel Hagimont and
     Leila Ismail (INRIA, France)
   * Ticket Based Service Access for the Mobile User, Bhrat Patel and Jon
     Crowcroft (University College London, UK)
   * Dealing with Server Corruption in Weakly Consistent, Replicated Data
     Systems, Mike Spreitzer, Marvin Theimer, and Karin Petersen (Xerox
     PARC, USA); Alan Demers (Oracle Corporation, USA); and Doug Terry
     (Xerox PARC, USA)

   Session 8B: PANEL 4

   * QoS in the Next Generation Mobile Internet: What is Feasible?,
     Moderator: Andrew T. Campbell (Columbia University, USA)

 3:00pm - 3:30pm    Break

 3:30pm - 5:00pm    Session 9: Proxy-Based Architectures

   * Support for Mobile Pen-Based Applications, Wayne Citrin, Paul Hamill,
     Mark D. Gross, and Adrienne Warmack (University of Colorado at
     Boulder, USA)
   * A General Purpose Proxy Filtering Mechanism Applied to the Mobile
     Environment, Bruce Zenel (Columbia University, USA) and Dan Duchamp
     (AT&T Labs - Research, USA)
   * Web Browsing in a Wireless Environment: Disconnected and Asynchronous
     Operation in ARTour Web Express, Henry Chang, Carl Tait, Norman Cohen,
     Moshe Shapiro, and Steve Mastrianni (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center,
     USA); and Rick Floyd, Barron Housel, and David Lindquist (IBM, USA)

 5:00pm             Conference Adjourns

 WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1
 --------------------

 All day            Workshops

   * The Second International Workshop on Satellite-based Information
     Services (WOSBIS'97).  For more information, visit the WOSBIS'97
     homepage at http://www.wins.hrl.com/conferences/WOSBIS97/.

   * The First International Workshop on Discrete Algorithms and Methods
     for Mobile Computing and Communications (DIAL-M).  Visit the DIAL-M
     homepage at http://www.polytechnique.fr/poly/~derepas/dialm/ for
     more information.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 TUTORIAL 1
 ----------

     Wireless ATM: Standards, Architectures, Protocols & Implementation

                    Dr. Lou Dellaverson (Motorola, USA),
             Dr. C.-K. Toh (Hughes Research Laboratories, USA),
                      and Dr. Arup Acharya (NEC, USA)

                            Friday, September 26
                              8:30am - 5:00pm

 ATM is currently viewed as the next high speed integrated network paradigm,
 supporting different classes of traffic and providing quality of service.
 Mobile communications have evolved and created a significant impact on the
 way we work and communicate. The convergence of mobile communications,
 computing, and ATM gives rise to Wireles ATM networks. While ATM helps to
 bring multimedia to the desktop, Wireless ATM provides similar services to
 mobile computers and devices. In addition, Wireless ATM networks provide
 seamless integration with ATM-based B-ISDN networks.

 This tutorial will cover system-level architectures for mobile/wireless ATM
 with necessary radio protocols for wireless ATM access and networking
 protocols to support mobility management. Standardization activity within
 the ATM Forum's WATM group will be presented along with implementation
 experience from research prototypes of mobile and wireless ATM. This
 tutorial will not only benefit researchers, professors, students, but also
 consultants, network engineers and managers who wish to acquire the
 knowledge and practical know-how on Wireless ATM.

 TUTORIAL 2
 ----------

                 Mobile IP: Adding Mobility to the Internet

                 Charles E. Perkins (Sun Microsystems, USA)

                            Friday, September 26
                              8:30am - 5:00pm

 The Internet is growing by leaps and bounds, and likewise mobile computers
 are becoming more and more popular. When mobile computers move and attach
 themselves to new networks within the Internet, they can use Mobile IP as a
 means to achieve seamless roaming transparently to application software. In
 this situation, transparent means that the applications work just as before
 and don't need to be recompiled or reconfigured. Seamless means that roaming
 from one place to another occurs without inconvenience to the user. As long
 as a physical communication path exists, the user might not even be aware
 when movement has happened. The objective of this tutorial is to lay out all
 the necessary protocol technology to allow mobile computers to use
 Mobile IP, and to describe the relevant operation of other protocols which
 can be used to aid mobility, such as DHCP and Service Location Protocol.

 Topics that will be covered include Agent Advertisements, registration
 procedures, tunneling mechanisms, the role of security, and home agents and
 foreign agents. We will also cover how to set up a home network, getting
 care-of addresses via DHCP, Route Optimization, smooth handoffs, IPv6
 mobility support, and the Service Location Protocol. In addition, we will
 look at an architectural model for supporting nomadic users under
 development within the Cross-Industry Working Team (XIWT) in the
 "Nomadicity" group.

 TUTORIAL 3
 ----------

                Simulation of Large Mobile Wireless Networks

                 Prof. Rajive Bagrodia and Prof. Mario Gerla
               (University of California at Los Angeles, USA)

                           Saturday, September 27
                              8:30am - 5:00pm

 Protocols for wireless networks are complex to design, evaluate and
 implement. Their performance depends on a combination of factors that
 include multimedia traffic patterns, mobility models, application
 objectives, processor characteristics, and radio characteristics. Evaluation
 of a protocol as a function of these diverse parameters is analytically
 intractable. Given the complexity of the radio environment, sequential
 simulation of networks with thousands of nodes requires several days, and
 perhaps, even weeks. To make the design more interactive, it is imperative
 to reduce the turnaround time for the models. The goal of this tutorial is
 to describe efficient simulation techniques for very large mobile wireless
 networks and to present some representative case studies. The environment
 has been built using the Maisie simulation language at UCLA.

 A number of approaches to reducing the simulation time for such models will
 be presented including parallel simulation, hierarchical modeling, and
 multi-paradigm models. The tutorial will begin with an overview of existing
 simulators, including OPNET, Bones, and other commercial products. The
 primary emphasis of the tutorial is on presenting the use of Maisie for
 parallel simulation of network models and their subsequent porting into
 physical implementation. The sources of overhead in the parallel execution
 of network models will be discussed together with methods to reduce their
 impact. Common pitfalls encountered in the design of parallel simulation
 models will be discussed. We will also describe techniques to port
 simulation models to protocol implementations. Finally, a number of case
 studies will be presented to highlight the lessons that have been learned in
 the design, simulation, and implementation of wireless network protocols.

 TUTORIAL 4
 ----------

            Cellular Wireless Networks: Principles and Operation

              Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas (Cornell University, USA)

                           Saturday, September 27
                              8:30am - 12:00pm

 This tutorial addresses the basic networking concepts of mobile cellular and
 wireless networks, exposing both the theoretical and practical aspects of
 mobile communication. As an introduction, basic enabling technology will be
 presented, such as the cellular principle and multiple access technologies
 (e.g., CDMA). Following this introduction to mobile radio, we will
 investigate the underlying techniques used in design and operation of
 cellular networks, including handoff schemes, channel assignment and power
 control algorithms, common-air protocols (e.g., IS-54/136, IS-95, GSM,
 etc.), and microcellular architectures. Some more advanced concepts, such as
 macrodiversity and multi-tier wireless networks, will be briefly discussed.
 Next, we will address the subject of user mobility support in the wireless
 environment. In particular, call processing functions, which include
 roaming, routing, and registration, will be explained. The differences
 between mobility management in data networks and in voice networks will be
 clarified. As an example, a comparison of the Cellular Digital Packet Data
 (CDPD) and Internet mobility support through Mobile IP will be presented.
 The tutorial will be augmented with abundance of examples from existing and
 proposed future wireless networks. The tutorial is targeted towards broad
 audience, both from the academic and the industrial environments.

 TUTORIAL 5
 ----------

       Disconnected and Weakly Connected Access to the World Wide Web:
                            Issues and Techniques

          Dr. Murray S. Mazer (Open Group Research Institute, USA)

                           Saturday, September 27
                              1:30pm - 5:00pm

 This tutorial addresses the concepts, issues, and techniques involved in
 supporting weakly connected and disconnected access to Web-based information
 resources. ``Access'' includes both reading and writing - in addition to
 continuing to browse under diminished bandwidth conditions, the user may
 wish to create or change content, having it integrated back into the Web
 when the connectivity is sufficient. As background, we will review
 techniques used for disconnected and weakly connected access to
 network-based file systems. We will compare and contrast file systems and
 the World Wide Web, pointing out numerous ways in which the two types of
 information systems differ (and how those differences affect the adaptation
 of techniques from the file system space to the Web space). The tutorial
 will include a review of systems for "off-line browsing" (a.k.a.
 disconnected reading) and for filtering requests and responses to adapt to
 changing bandwidth conditions. We will address issues, techniques, and
 limitations regarding architectural choices, meta-data requirements, data
 management, "weblet" management, consistency, pre-fetching policies, change
 staging and integration, content transformation, security, user
 expectations, and other relevant topics. We will also discuss the impact of
 HTTP1.1 and other topical standards.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        MobiCom'97 Registration Form
                        ----------------------------

 Last Name (Surname): _____________________________________________________

 _____________________________________ [ ] Prof.  [ ] Dr.  [ ] Mr.  [ ] Ms.

 First Name: ______________________________________________________________

 Title/Position: __________________________________________________________

 Company/Organization: ____________________________________________________

 Address: _________________________________________________________________

 __________________________________________________________________________

 __________________________________________________________________________

 Telephone: _____________________________ Fax: ____________________________ 

 E-mail address: __________________________________________________________

 WWW homepage URL: ________________________________________________________

 Name on badge: ___________________________________________________________

 [ ] ACM or [ ] IEEE membership #: ________________________________________

 Special needs (please describe): _________________________________________

 _________________________________________ Vegetarian Meals: [ ] Yes [ ] No

 TUTORIAL SELECTIONS:

 Please select the tutorials you would like to attend:

   Friday, September 26:

     [ ] T1 (Full-Day)   Wireless ATM: Standards, Architectures,
                         Protocols & Implementation, Lou Dellaverson
                         (Motorola, USA), C.-K. Toh (Hughes Research
                         Laboratories, USA), and Arup Acharya (NEC, USA)

     [ ] T2 (Full-Day)   Mobile IP: Adding Mobility to the Internet,
                         Charles E. Perkins (Sun Microsystems, USA)

   Saturday, September 27:

     [ ] T3 (Full-Day)   Simulation of Large Mobile Wireless Networks,
                         Rajive Bagrodia and Mario Gerla (University of
                         California at Los Angeles, USA)

     [ ] T4 (Half-Day,   Cellular Wireless Networks: Principles and
             Morning)    Operation, Zygmunt J. Haas (Cornell University,
                         USA)

     [ ] T5 (Half-Day,   Disconnected and Weakly Connected Access to the
            Afternoon)   World Wide Web: Issues and Techniques, Murray
                         S. Mazer (Open Group Research Institute, USA)

 WORKSHOP SELECTION:

 If you would like to attend one of the two workshops, please make your
 selection below (both workshops will be held on October 1, immediately
 following the conference technical program):

     [ ] WOSBIS   The Second International Workshop on Satellite-based
                  Information Services

     [ ] DIAL-M   The First International Workshop on Discrete Algorithms
                  and Methods for Mobile Computing and Communications

 REGISTRATION FEES:
                                    Early Registration   Late Registration
                                    (Through August 29)  (After August 29)
   Fee for each half-day tutorial:

     ACM/IEEE Members:                   [ ] $150            [ ] $200
     Non-members:                        [ ] $200            [ ] $250
     Full-time Students:                 [ ] $50             [ ] $70

   Fee for each full-day tutorial:

     ACM/IEEE Members:                   [ ] $200            [ ] $250
     Non-members:                        [ ] $250            [ ] $300
     Full-time Students:                 [ ] $75             [ ] $95

   Conference registration fee:

     ACM/IEEE Members:                   [ ] $400            [ ] $450
     Non-members:                        [ ] $450            [ ] $500
     Full-time Students:                 [ ] $100            [ ] $120

   Workshop registration fee:

     ACM/IEEE Members:                   [ ] $100            [ ] $150
     Non-members:                        [ ] $120            [ ] $170
     Full-time Students:                 [ ] $50             [ ] $70

   Total registration fees:

     Half-day Tutorials (____ half-day tutorials * $______)   $_______

     Full-day Tutorials (____ full-day tutorials * $______)   $_______

     Conference Registration                                  $_______

     Workshop Registration                                    $_______

     Optional Dinner Cruise (____ tickets * $45)              $_______

     Total                                                    $_______

 PAYMENT INFORMATION:

   [ ] I have enclosed a check or money order in USD payable to MobiCom'97

   Please charge the Total above to my:
   [ ] VISA     [ ] MasterCard     [ ] American Express

   Credit Card #: _____________________________ Expiration Date: _________

   Name as it appears on card: ___________________________________________
     
   Signature: ____________________________________________________________

 SEND PAYMENT TO:

 To register for MobiCom'97, print this form, fill it out, and mail or
 fax it to:

     ACM/IEEE MobiCom'97
     c/o Ms. Nadine Hunley
     Lucent Technologies
     Bell Laboratories, Room 3K-331
     101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
     Holmdel, NJ 07733  USA

     Telephone:  +1 732 949-0819
     Fax:        +1 732 834-5906
     E-mail:     [email-masked]

 You may also register by e-mail by completing and returning this plain
 text copy of the registration form.  Please note that your credit card
 number is not secure when transmitted through e-mail.

 Payment by check, money order, or credit card must accompany your
 registration form.  Purchase orders cannot be accepted.  All fax and
 e-mail registrations must be paid by credit card.  All registration fees
 above are in U.S. Dollars (USD) and must be paid in U.S. Dollars.  A
 credit card signature will be required at the conference for e-mail
 registrations.

 Note: Written requests for refunds must be postmarked no later than
 September 12, 1997.  Refunds are subject to a US $50 service charge.
 Participants with confirmed registration who fail to attend or notify
 MobiCom registration of cancellation before the refund date are subject
 to the full fee.  Substitutions are allowed at any time.  Registrations
 received after September 12, 1997 will be processed on-site only.

 All conference registrations include attendance at conference
 sessions, a copy of the conference proceedings, the Welcome Reception
 on September 27, the Conference Lunch and Conference Dinner Banquet on
 September 28, and coffee breaks.  Breakfast is included in all hotels
 offered for the conference.  Additional tickets to the Conference
 Dinner Banquet and additional copies of the conference proceedings
 will be available for additional cost.  Please inquire when you
 register if you are interested in additional banquet tickets.

 Tutorial registration includes attendance at the tutorial, tutorial
 notes, and coffee breaks; full-day tutorials also include lunch.
 Workshop registration includes attendance at the workshop, workshop
 proceedings, lunch, and coffee breaks.

 An optional dinner cruise on the Danube River is being arranged for
 Monday evening, September 29.  The price for this cruise is $45 per
 person and is not included in your conference registration fee.  If
 you would like to join us for this dinner cruise, please mark the
 number of tickets desired on your registration form and add the
 appropriate amount to your total registration.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                     MobiCom'97 Hotel Reservation Form
                     ---------------------------------

                Please return to CONTOURS by August 15, 1997

 Last Name (Surname): _____________________________________________________

 _____________________________________ [ ] Prof.  [ ] Dr.  [ ] Mr.  [ ] Ms.

 First Name: ______________________________________________________________

 Company/Organization: ____________________________________________________

 Address: _________________________________________________________________

 __________________________________________________________________________

 __________________________________________________________________________

 Telephone: _____________________________ Fax: ____________________________ 

 E-mail address: __________________________________________________________

 Arrival Date: ______________________ Departure Date: _____________________

 Sharing room with: _______________________________________________________

 Special needs (please describe): _________________________________________

 __________________________________________________________________________

 HOTEL SELECTION:

 Please select the hotel and type of room you would like to reserve:

                                     Single Room     Double Room
   Hotel ATRIUM HYATT:
     Room with Danube-view:            USD 277         USD 294
     Room without Danube-view:         USD 230         USD 246
   Hotel TAVERNA:                      USD  98         USD 127
   Hotel GELLERT:                      USD  89         USD 150
   City Panzio MATYAS:                 USD  66         USD  84
   City Panzio PILVAX:                 USD  66         USD  84
   Hotel VENTURA:                      USD  51         USD  60

 All hotel rates are per night and include breakfast and VAT.  All prices
 are in U.S. Dollars (USD).  For more information on the available hotels,
 see the complete Advance Program or visit the MobiCom'97 Home Page at
 http://www.monarch.cs.cmu.edu/~mobicom97/.

 RESERVATION DEPOSIT:

   Deposit equal to one night in the chosen hotel:    USD ______

   Bank commission and handling fee:                  USD ___ 12

   Total:                                             USD ______

 DEPOSIT PAYMENT INFORMATION:

   [ ] Bank cheque or money order in U.S. Dollars payable to CONTOURS.
       Private cheques cannot be accepted.
   [ ] Eurocheque in Hungarian Forint (HUF) payable to CONTOURS.
       The limit of one cheque is HUF 30000.
   [ ] Bank transfer to account number 10200885-32613003-00000000 to
       Hungarian Credit Bank (H-1539 Budapest 114, P.O. Box 624), made out
       to the order of CONTOURS.  Your bank transfer must indicate your
       name and  "MobiCom'97".
   [ ] VISA  [ ] Eurocard/MasterCard  [ ] American Express  [ ] Diners

   Credit Card #: _____________________________ Expiration Date: _________

   Name as it appears on card: ___________________________________________
     
   Billing address: ______________________________________________________

   _______________________________________________________________________

   Date: _________________________________________________________________

   Signature: ____________________________________________________________

 SEND RESERVATION TO:

 Please print this form, fill it out, and return a copy not later than
 August 15, 1997 to:

   CONTOURS Congress Bureau
   Alkotas u. 47
   H-1123 Budapest
   Hungary

   Telephone:      +36-1-2122239  or  2122240
   Telephone/Fax:  +36-1-1566712
   E-mail:         [email-masked]
   WWW:            http://contours.aux.net/index2.htm

 Your reservation form should be accompanied by a deposit equal to one night
 at the chosen hotel. CONTOURS can confirm your reservation only once the
 deposit arrives. All payments should be directed to CONTOURS Congress
 Bureau at the address above.  An additional USD 12 should be sent with your
 payment to cover the bank commission and the handling fee.

 A limited number of rooms has been reserved at each hotel. Hotel reservation
 will be made on a first-come first-served basis. If the hotel requested is
 fully booked, CONTOURS will suggest another hotel. All requests, changes, or
 cancellations in hotel reservations should be directed to CONTOURS.

 A confirmation will be sent by CONTOURS showing your request and the money
 received, and including detailed information on the hotel reserved.  The
 deposit will be deducted from the whole amount of the accommodation. The
 balance must be paid upon arrival at the CONTOURS Registration Desk at the
 conference (not to the hotel). At the CONTOURS Registration Desk, you can
 arrange the rest of your payment by credit card, traveler's cheque, or
 cash.  Only extras are paid directly to the hotel.

 Note: Cancellations of hotel reservation must be sent in writing to
 CONTOURS. If your cancellation is received before September 1, 1997 the
 deposit minus USD 20 will be refunded. Cancellations received after this
 date are not entitled to any refund. All refunds will be made after the
 close of the conference.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------