Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-dsr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:59:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for 
                          Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: D. Johnson, D. Maltz, J. Broch
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-dsr-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 16-Mar-98
	
   Dynamic Source Routing (DSR) is a routing protocol designed
   specifically for use in mobile ad hoc networks.  The protocol allows
   nodes to dynamically discover a source route across multiple network
   hops to any destination in the ad hoc network.  When using source
   routing, each packet to be routed carries in its header the complete,
   ordered list of nodes through which the packet must pass.  A key
   advantage of source routing is that intermediate hops do not need
   to maintain routing information in order to route the packets they
   receive, since the packets themselves already contain all of the
   necessary routing information.  This, coupled with the dynamic,
   on-demand nature of Route Discovery, completely eliminates the need
   for periodic router advertisements and link status packets, reducing
   the overhead of DSR, especially during periods when the network
   topology is stable and these packets serve only as keep-alives.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-dsr-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.