Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 09:50:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Cluster Based Routing Protocol(CBRP) 
                          Functional Specification
	Author(s)	: M. Jiang, J. Li, Y. Tay
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 03-Aug-98
	
   Cluster Based Routing Protocol (CBRP) is a routing protocol designed
   for use in mobile ad hoc networks.  The protocol divides the nodes of
   the ad hoc network into a number of overlapping or disjoint clusters
   in a distributed manner.  A cluster head is elected for each cluster
   to maintain cluster membership information. Inter-cluster routes are
   discovered dynamically using the cluster membership information kept
   at each cluster head.  By clustering nodes into groups, the protocol
   efficiently minimizes the flooding traffic during route discovery and
   speeds up this process as well.  Furthermore, the protocol takes into
   consideration of the existence of uni-directional links and uses
   these links for both intra-cluster and inter-cluster routing.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.