Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-imep-spec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:11:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Internet MANET Encapsulation Protocol (IMEP) 
                          Specification
	Author(s)	: S. Corson, V. Park
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-imep-spec-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 02-Dec-97
	
   This memo describes a multipurpose network-layer protocol---named the
   Internet MANET Encapsulation Protocol (IMEP)---designed to support
   the operation of many routing algorithms or other upper layer
   protocols intended for use in Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANET). The
   protocol incorporates mechanisms for supporting link status sensing,
   control message aggregation and encapsulation, broadcast reliability,
   network-layer address resolution and provides hooks for interrouter
   security authentication procedures.  The IMEP also puts forth a
   framework or architecture for MANET router and interface
   identification and addressing.
 
   The present specification is high-level and incomplete, giving only a
   behavioral protocol description and proposed packet format.  This
   version of this draft is intended primarily to acquaint readers with
   the concept of the protocol. A subsequent revision will detail the
   protocol's mechanisms and data structures.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-imep-spec-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-imep-spec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-imep-spec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.