Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:01:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Temporally-Ordered Routing Algorithm (TORA) 
                          Version 1 Functional Specification
	Author(s)	: S. Corson, V. Park
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 02-Dec-97
	
   This document provides a detailed specification of Version 1 of the
   Temporally-Ordered Routing Algorithm (TORA)--a distributed routing
   protocol for mobile, multihop, wireless networks. Its intended use is
   for routing of Internet Protocol (IP) datagrams within an autonmous
   system. The basic, underlying algorithm is neither a distance-vector
   nor a link-state; it is one of a family of algorithms referred to as
   ''link reversal'' algorithms. The protocol's reaction is structured as
   a temporally-ordered sequence of diffusing computations, each
   computation consisting of a sequence of directed link reversals. The
   protocol is highly adaptive, efficient and scalable; and is well-
   suited for use in large, dense, mobile networks. In these networks,
   the protocol's reaction to link failures typically involves only a
   localized ''single pass'' of the distributed algorithm. This desirable
   behavior is achieved through the use of a physical or logical clock
   to establish the ''temporal order'' of topological change events. The
   established temporal ordering is subsequently used to structure (or
   order) the algorithm's reaction to topological changes.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.