Subject: CFP: Dial M for Mobility

From: Nitin H Vaidya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:26:34 -0600 (CST)

CALL FOR PAPERS
  
                        Dial M for Mobility 
			-------------------

                    3rd International Workshop on 
                 Discrete Algorithms and Methods for
                 Mobile Computing and Communications

	         http://enpc710.eas.asu.edu/DialM.html
		 -------------------------------------

                             August 20, 1999 
                                Seattle 

                      In conjunction with MOBICOM'99
                       Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

Mobile computing and communications devices such as portable phones,
laptops and palmtops will have an enormous impact on our lifestyle
over the next several decades. The introduction of mobility raises
a number of new research issues. This workshop is devoted to
discrete algorithms and methods in the context of mobile and
wireless computing and communications. The workshop is intended
to serve as a forum for open discussions and lively debate,
and to foster cooperation among practitioners and theoreticians. The
workshop encourages submission of papers based on work-in-progress.
Proposals for panels are also invited. Panel topics designed to
generate lively discussions are of particular interest.

Contributions are solicited in all areas related to mobile
computing and communications where discrete algorithms and
methods are used, including, but not limited to:

      * distributed algorithms 
      * frequency allocation 
      * location tracking 
      * multihop packet radio networks 
      * wireless networks 
      * cryptography and security 
      * error correcting codes 
      * handover (handoff) 
      * modelling 
      * optimization 
      * routing 
      * satellite communication 
      * scheduling 
      * site allocation 
      * synchronization 
      * telecoms 

All paper submissions and panel proposals will be handled
electronically. Authors should e-mail a PostScript version
of their full paper to either [email-masked] or
[email-masked]. The font size should be at least 
10 pt. The paper should not be longer than 3000 words.

Panel proposals may be submitted in ASCII or PostScript format.
A panel proposal should include panel topic, a list of questions
that the panel would address, and names of the proposed panel
members and moderator.

In order to ensure that the PostScript versions of the papers
can be printed, use PostScript version 2 or later. Also ensure
that the paper fits on "US Letter" size paper (8.5X11 inches).
Reference only Computer Modern or standard Adobe printer fonts
(i.e., Courier, Times, Roman, or Helvetica); other fonts may be
used but must be included in the PostScript file.

In addition, authors should separately e-mail the title, author names
and full address, and abstract of their paper to [email-masked]
or [email-masked].

IMPORTANT DATES
 Submissions due: April 15, 1999 
 Notification of acceptance: June 1, 1999 
 Final paper due: June 25, 1999 
 Workshop: August 20, 1999 

ORGANIZATION
  
PROGRAM COMMITTEE 

  Amotz Bar-Noy, Tel Aviv University, Israel.
  Jerome Galtier, INRIA, Sophia-Antipolis, France.
  Mario Gerla, University of California-Los Angeles, USA.
  Zygmunt Haas, Cornell University, USA.
  Brigitt Jaumard, University of Montreal, Canada.
  Danny Krizanc, Carleton University, Canada.
  Errol Lloyd, University of Delaware, USA.
  Madhav Marathe, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA.
  David Matula, Southern Methodist University, USA.
  Ernst Mayr, Technical University of Munich, Germany.
  Ravi Prakash, University of Texas-Dallas, USA.
  Arunabha Sen, Arizona State University, USA.  (co-program chair)
  Mukesh Singhal, Ohio State University, USA.
  Nitin Vaidya, Texas A&M University, USA.  (co-program chair)
  Jennifer Welch, Texas A&M University, USA.

  STEERING COMMITTEE

  Ian Akyildiz, Georgia Tech, USA 
  Maurizio Bonuccelli, University of Pisa, Italy (Chair)
  Afonso Ferreira, CNRS - I3S - INRIA - Sophia Antipolis, France.
  Daniel Krob, CNRS - LIAFA - Paris, France.

WEB URL:  http://enpc710.eas.asu.edu/DialM.html
          -------------------------------------