Subject: CFP Hawaii: Mobile Computing and wireless networks

From: Ivan Stojmenovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 15:43:02 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS

Minitrack-5:  MOBILE COMPUTING AND WIRELESS NETWORKS

The Software Technology Track
33rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences   (HICSS-33)
Maui, Hawaii, January 4-7, 2000

The minitrack will focus on fundamental challenges and issues in the
field of wireless networks and mobile computing. Our goal is to bring
together leading researchers in this ``hot'' field of research in order
to identify the fundamental challenges and future perspective of these
important areas. Indeed, it has been noticed that wireless
communications and mobile computing are redefining computing as a
discipline. The impact ranges from medical, to military, to industrial,
to societal. Topics include but are not limited to:

Location management. Data management. Query processing. Data delivery.
Broadcast scheduling.
Routing in ad hoc networks. Fixed and dynamic channel assignment.
Multiple access schemes. Time, code and frequency division. MAC
protocols. Power saving issues. Broadcasting and multicasting. Handover
and call admission. Wireless error control and security. Satellite
networks.

Minitrack coordinators:

Stephan Olariu , [email-masked]
Department of Computer Science, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
23529-0162

Ivan Stojmenovic , [email-masked]
Department of Computer Science, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario,
K1N 9B4, Canada

Important Deadlines in 1999

     A 300-word abstract by March 15 (late submissions may also be
considered).
     Feedback to author on abstract by April 15
     Eight copies of the manuscript by June 1
     Notification of accepted papers by August 31
     Camera-ready copies of accepted manuscripts are due by October 1

Instructions for the Authors

Submit your abstract and manuscript to one of minitrack coordinators.
Manuscripts should have an abstract and be 22-25 typewritten,
double-spaced pages in length. Papers must not have been previously
presented or published, nor currently submitted for journal publication.

Each manuscript will be subjected to a rigorous refereeing process
involving at least five reviewers. Individuals interested in refereeing
papers should contact the minitrack coordinators directly.

This minitrack is organized as part of the Software Technology Track of
the 33rd Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences. The web
version of the CFP of the entire software track is available at
http://cs.unomaha.edu/~rewini/SWT-CFP.html.