Subject: Simulation environments

From: Nikos Triantafillis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:07:15 +0000

Here at UCL we are thinking of implementing a simulation testbed is order to
test our ideas/protocols. So far some of us use ns2 and others parsec for that
purpose. I would be very interested to hear from people out there using the
above simulation tools (or others) for simulating Ad Hoc and Wireless
networks, the reasons for their choice and their experiences. If enough people
answer I will try and summarise the answers and post an informal comparison of
the tools used to this group if people are interested. Hopefully this will
also help people who are new in this field in deciding which tool to use.

Thanks for your time,

Nick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikos Triantafillis             E-Mail: [email-masked]
Dept. of Computer Science
University College London       Phone: +44 (0)171 419 3695
Gower Street                    Fax:   +44 (0)171 387 1397
London WC1E 6BT, U.K.           http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/N.Triantafillis
=============================================================================