Subject: TORA starting phase

From: olivier Randriamanana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:14:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

I'm a student and currently working on a 'state of the art ' document
on manets routing protocols.

I've just read TORA specification and although the path
discovery/maintainance is clear to me, I cannot manage to see how the
whole thing starts up. I mean, the specification states that only
destination has a 0-ed height, but how does a node know it is a
destination of  another node ?? In other terms, suppose a number of
people with laptops want to found a manet, and they use TORA, to my
mind the height of each node is NULL (except IP @ field), since no
route discovery has been already triggered (am I wrong ?). I don't
understand how the protocol behaves in such a situation. Would you mind
giving me information so that I get things clear ??

Many thanks in advance.

Enjoy your day.

Olivier
_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com