Subject: Technical report for directional MAC protocols

From: Youngbae - Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 22:38:14 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

We would like to announce our work on MAC protocols in ad hoc networks.

Our technical report, titled in "Medium Access Control Protocols using
Directional Antennas in Ad Hoc Networks", is available here:

   www.cs.tamu.edu/people/youngbae/psfile/tec_rep6.ps

This report is a preliminary version and we are currently doing 
a simulation study to evaluate our protocols. Therefore, we would
appreciate any comments on this paper. 

   Abstract
  ==========

  Using directional antennas can be useful for mobile ad hoc networks
  consisting of a collection of wireless hosts. To best utilize
  directional antennas, a suitable Medium Access Control (MAC) protocol
  must be designed. Current MAC protocols, such as the IEEE 802.11 
  standard, do not benefit when using directional antennas, because
  these protocols have been designed for omnidirectional antennas.
  In this technical report, we attempt to design new MAC protocols
  suitable for mobile ad hoc networks based on directional antennas.

Best regards,
- Yougnbae    

/* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ */
     Young-Bae Ko    [email-masked]}

     http://www.cs.tamu.edu/people/youngbae
     Dept. of Computer Science   [Tel] 409-845-5007 
     Texas A&M University        [Fax] 409-847-8578
/* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ */