Subject: RE: References in QoS

From: Charles Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 07:35:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

While I would not claim that AODV presents a complete QoS solution,
it does offer two extensions to the Route Discovery message.  One 
extension requires that a route satisfy a specified delay bound.
The other requires that each node in a path between two endpoints
be able to maintain a minimum capacity for the data stream between
the two endpoints.

You can see our draft:
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-aodv-02.txt

We have a revised draft almost ready for submission, but it does
not differ substantially from the above for the QoS extensions.

Regards,
Charles E. Perkins

---

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:37:05 -0500 (CDT)

==========================================================================

Please, accept our apologies if you receive this multiple times.
Please, feel free to forward this to colleagues who might be interested.

Thank you.

==========================================================================
  ************************* CALL FOR PAPERS *************************

     Baltzer Science Publishers in cooperation with ACM announce a
        Special Issue of the Journal on Special Topics in Mobile
                  Networking and Applications (MONET)
               
                                   on

          MULTIPOINT COMMUNICATION IN WIRELESS MOBILE NETWORKS

                          With Guest Editors:

                          Dr. Stefano Basagni
  Center for Advanced Telecommunications Systems and Services (CATSS)
                   The University of Texas at Dallas
                          [email-masked]

                     Prof. J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves
                    Computer Engineering Department
                 University of California at Santa Cruz
                                  and
                     Sun Microsystems Laboratories
                            [email-masked]

OVERVIEW:
Multipoint communication is critically important for the efficient
operation of wireless networks, such as disseminating control
information efficiently from one wireless node to its neighboring nodes
to conserve bandwidth. Furthermore, efficient multipoint communication
is also needed to provide telephony services, Internet access and
applications, and many other services over wireless networks. However,
providing one-to-many and many-to-many communication efficiently over
wireless mobile networks is a challenge, because of bandwidth
limitations, the characteristics of radio links, and the mobility of
network nodes.

Although there has been substantial research on protocols that support
unicast (one-to-one) communication in wireless mobile networks, much
less work exists on protocols for multipoint communication. New
solutions to the problem of supporting multipoint communication
efficiently over wireless networks are needed in all areas of mobile
computing and communication. Architectural issues, quality of service
provisioning, overhead and protocol complexity are just a few areas that
must be addressed in the context of multipoint communication over
wireless mobile networks.

SCOPE:
This special issue will concentrate on software, architectures, data
distribution and management, algorithms, and protocols at the MAC-layer
and above, designed to support multipoint communication efficiently over
wireless networks. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to,
the following:

  -- Architectural issues in support of reliable and unreliable
     multicasting and broadcasting over wireless networks
  -- Channel access protocols that can support collision-free
     broadcasting and multicasting over multihop networks without
     centralized control
  -- Multicast retransmission strategies for broadcast radio channels
  -- Multicast routing protocols for wireless networks
  -- Flow and congestion control for multicast flows over wireless
     networks
  -- End-to-end reliable multicasting and broadcasting over wireless
     networks
  -- Resource reservation
  -- Interoperability with wired networks
  -- Performance of file systems over wireless networks and
     applications requiring multipoint communication
  -- Description and evaluation of, and experience with, systems based
     on wireless networks providing multipoint communication
  -- Security issues in multipoint communication over mobile wireless
     networks
  -- Multipoint data distribution and management in the mobile
     environment
  -- Complexity analysis of algorithms for multipoint communication 
     over wireless mobile networks

PUBLICATION SCHEDULE:
     Manuscript Due: October 15, 1999
     Acceptance Notification: January 31, 2000
     Final Manuscript Due: March 31, 2000

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
Authors should email an electronic Postscript copy of their paper to
Stefano Basagni, [email-masked], by October 15, 1999. Submissions
should be limited to 20 double space pages excluding figures, graphs and
illustrations. If email submission is impossible then six (6) copies of
the paper (double-sided if possible) should be sent by the due date to:

     Dr. Stefano Basagni
     The University of Texas at Dallas - MS EC 33
     2601 N. Floyd Rd.
     Richardson, TX 75080
     Tel. 972 883 2216   Fax 972 883 6204

For more information visit: http://www.utdallas.edu/~basagni/monet.html

  *******************************************************************