Subject: New AODV draft submitted

From: Charles Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:39:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We have submitted a revised Internet Draft for AODV to the IETF
for consideration at the next meeting in Oslo.  I have also copied
it to my web site for more timely availability, in case
the recent flood of draft submissions might make it take
longer for our draft to be posted to the standard directories.
The URL for the AODV draft as follows:
	http://www.svrloc.org/~charliep/txt/manet/aodvid.txt

Some of the changes are as follows:

- Improvements to the multicast algorithms
- Specification of an expanding rings search, with the default
  being a case we have found useful in simulation
- Specification of a very simple service location feature that
  uses the same RREQ/RREP control structure as the rest of AODV
- Specification of the natural behavior for network-wide broadcast
  for data.

As always, comments are welcome!

Regards,
Charlie P.