Subject: Multimedia Computing - CFP Reminder

From: Mahbubur Syed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:44:37 -0500

Dear Colleague:

My apologies if you received this email more than once.

Please find attached below a call for paper. 

I am also attching a pdf version of the CFP.

It will be highly appreciated, if you take the trouble also to circulate
among interested faculty and your network.

Please note that high quality submissions will be considereds for a
book chapter for "Design and Management of Multimedia Information
Systems: Opportunities and Challenges". They may also be considered
for further review and possible inclusion in the Information Resource
Management Journal, Journal of End User Computing, Journal of
Database Management, Journal of Global Information Management or
Review of Accounting Information Systems. 

***BACKGROUND****

Last year's IRMA International Conference (10th Anniversary) was held in 
Hershey, PA with more than 300 participants from the U.S., Canada,
and 38 
other countries attended.  More than 200 papers, panels, workshops 
and tutorials were presented at this Int'l conference.  Our survey of
those
who attended the conference clearly indicates that the participants
of the 
1999 IRMA International enjoyed the atmosphere and quality of the
conference tremendously.  As one participant stated, "This is the first 
conference I have attended with IRMA, and if this is standard, I will be
back.  I have attended many conferences and this one is head and 
shoulders above the rest".

Best Regards.

Thanks.

Syed M Rahman

*****CALL FOR PAPERS************

MULTIMEDIA COMPUTING (MMC) track
IRMA 2000 International Conference
May 21-24, 2000
at Anchorage Hilton Hotel Anchorage, Alaska, USA

***TRACK CHAIR*** 
Syed Mahbubur Rahman
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 
North Dakota State University, Fargo, USA
(On secondment from Gippsland School of Computing and Information
Technology, 
Monash University, Australia.)
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]

***TRACK URL***
For details please visit the following URL:
http://www.ece.ndsu.nodak.edu/~msyed/irmamm/index.html

***IMPORTANT DATES***
Submission Deadline                   October 8,   1999
Notification of Acceptance/Rejection  November 19, 1999
Final Submission Due		           January 14,  2000
Early Registration Ends	           April 3,     2000

***TOPICS***
Multimedia technology has the potential to evolve the paradigm of end
user computing, from the interactive text and graphics model that has
developed since 1950s, into one more compatible with the digital
electronic world of the next century. This track will present papers
and panels designed to help professionals gain an understanding and
perspective on MMC.

The Multimedia Computing Track encourages the submission of quality
papers and panel workshop proposals dealing with (but not limited to)
the following topics:

* Multimedia-specific technologies (e.g., DVI, CD-I, JPEG, MPEG)
* Multimedia platforms and peripherals
* Multimedia and communications (e.g., WAN, LAN, ISDN, fibre optics)
* Graphics, audio, and video hardware and software technologies
* Operating systems
* Authoring tools, languages
* Design and development (software engineering, CASE, multi/cross
platform consideration)
* Media preparation and integration
* Research issues (interface design, end user performance, etc.)
* MMC and information systems
* Training and education issues related to MMC
* MMC applications (e.g., commercial, home, entertainment, etc.)
* Issues concerned with legal, copyright, standard matters
* Related emerging technologies (e.g., HDTV, parallel processing,
virtual systems, hypermedia)
* Global issues (e.g., development, distribution, manufacturing, etc.)

***SUBMISSION CATEGORIES***
# Full Length Submissions
# Reaseach-in-progress Submission
# Panel, Workshop, Tutorial and symposium submissions

Please visit Track URL for more detail information

***SUBMISSION GUIDELINES***
# Manuscript must not exceed 4000 words for full length submissions;
500-1000 words for research-in-progress summary/proposal; and
1000-2000 words for panel, workshop, tutorial and symposium proposals.
# Must be accompanied by a separate cover letter with the title
'SUBMISSION FOR MULTIMEDIA TRACK', EVERY AUTHOR(S) NAME, ADDRESS,
TEL. AND FAX NUMBERS, E-MAIL AND FULL AFFILIATION. All correspondence
will be sent to the first author unless otherwise specified.
# Submitted papers must not currently be under review by any other
publication or conference.
# Submitters must provide their e-mail address where the
acknowledgment will be forwarded.
# The number of submissions by an author (including joint authorship)
is limited to a maximum of two submissions.
# All submissions should be submitted electronically in either MS
Word '97 or rich text format (RTF). (Note: If you do not receive an
e-mail acknowledgment one week after your electronic submissions,
please contact the program chair.

submissions (indicate MULTIMEDIA COMPUTING Track in your submission) to:

Mehdi Khosrowpour, Program Chair
2000 IRMA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
1331 E. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, 
PA 17033-1117, U.S.A.
Tel: (717) 533-8879 * Fax: (717) 533-8661  
Email: [email-masked]

********************************
Dr. Mahbubur Rahman Syed
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering 
North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND 58105, USA

Email: [email-masked]
Phone: (701) 231 7689 
Fax:   (701) 231 8677
********************************