Subject: Manet Implementation Survey

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:05:03 -0500

Having seen a few posts regarding this issue I'd like to get a more
comprehensive picture.

I would like to collect implementation status for manet protocols for
group status and maturity purposes.  Would parties please provide me the
following short piece of info.  I will construct a short implementation
reference page as appropriate so updates and new work status would also
be appreciated overtime.

- protocol(s) implemented
- type: simulation, emulation (e.g., Ethernet), working wireless code
- OS support
- features supported or NOT supported presently
- special support software/hardware assumptions/requirements (e.g.,
wireless NIC driver X)
- availability status (URL ref as appropriate)

-Joe

---

From: Chai Keong Toh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:41:58 -0500

> - availability status (URL ref as appropriate)

Joe,

Sounds like a good idea. We will provide you info about 
ABR implementation and field trials.

CK.

-- 
Prof. C-K. Toh, PhD, CEng
Director, Mobile Multimedia & HiSpeed Network Lab, 
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
GA 30332, USA. Fax: 404 894 7883 Tel: 404 894 7468 
--------------------------------------------------

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:56:20 -0500 (EST)

Can we have this information made available to everyone later on?

Thanks

Vijay

> ABR implementation and field trials.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Vijay Devarapalli                             
Research Assistant  
Maryland Center for Telecom Research          home :
University of Maryland Baltimore County       4721, Aldgate Green,
Baltimore, MD 21250                           Baltimore, MD 21227
(410) 455-3063                                (410) 737-3149 
[email-masked]
http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~vdevar1
------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 22:50:36 -0500

Vijay:
As implied in my initial request, anything I collect I will post
publicly.  This will likely happen post-IETF as the response process may
take awhile.  I will remind people at the meeting as well.

-Joe