Subject: ZRP draft changes (from 6/99)

From: Marc Pearlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:28:10 -0500

ZRP updates (for those that may have missed the new version posted prior to 
the Oslo meeting):
1.  Specifications for both a (split-horizon) Distance Vector AND a Link 
State version of the proactive IntrAzone Routing Protocol (IARP).
2.  The reactive IntErzone Routing Protocol (IERP) provides a route caching 
option. When route caching is globally enabled, the IERP acts as a reactive 
Distance Vector protocol, distributing routing information among 
intermediate nodes. On the other hand, when route caching is disabled, the 
routes are accumulated in the query packets and the protocol operates 
through source routing.
3.  IERP route querying support for multiple destinations and multicast 
groups. Queries can be targeted for either ANY destination or ALL 
destinations (depending on the nature of the query).
4.  Support for QOS routing through the collection of various route quality 
metrics (in both the IARP and IERP).

			cheers,

			Marc