Subject: Re: Question on 'Broadcast ID' in AODV

From: Elizabeth Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:46:44 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

There is only one Broadcast ID.  Each time a node initiates
a new RREQ, it increments this number by one.

I remember someone brought this point up once before.  
This will be made more clear in the new draft.

Elizabeth

~> It's written:
~> The Broadcast ID of RREQ is incremented by one from the last one
~> used by the current node for the same destination.
~> 
~> In another place, it's written:
~> Broadcast ID:  A sequence number uniquely identify the particular
~>    RREQ when taken in conjunction with the source node's IP address.
~> 
~> If we identify the uniqueness of a RREQ using Broadcast ID and 
~> source IP address, how come we can increment the Broadcast ID only 
~> for the same destination?

---

From: Yves Prelot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:37:54 +0100

Hello,

In paragraph 8.3, shouldn't it then be written that :

"When a node receices a broadcast RREQ, it first checks to determine
whether it has received a RREQ with the same Source IP address and a
***smaller or equal*** Broadcast ID within at least..."

Yves