Subject: Question on 'Broadcast ID' in AODV

From: Seong-kyu Song <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:19:37 -0600 (CST)

Hello! folks.

While I'm reading the draft, I found some conflicts that I can't
understand. 

It's written:
The Broadcast ID of RREQ is incremented by one from the last one
used by the current node for the same destination.

In another place, it's written:
Broadcast ID:  A sequence number uniquely identify the particular
   RREQ when taken in conjunction with the source node's IP address.

If we identify the uniqueness of a RREQ using Broadcast ID and 
source IP address, how come we can increment the Broadcast ID only 
for the same destination?

Thank you.
Seong-Kyu Song
------------------------------------------
What is now proved was once only imagin'd.
                       -- William Blake

---

From: Yves Prelot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:21:55 +0100

Hello,

The draft doesn't seem to indicate :
- how long does a node wait for a RREP-ACK in case one was asked,
- what actions does the node undertake in case it doesn't receive the
RREP-ACK in time.

Did I miss it ?

Thanks,

Yves

---

From: Yves Prelot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:02:36 +0100

Hello,

I believe that the algorithm works if the source uses only one Broadcast

Id and increments it anytime when it sends a RREQ (regardless of the
destination).
The fact that the increment for one destination is one or any other
figure doesn't seem to be an issue.

Yves

---

From: Yves Prelot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:30:22 +0100

Hello,

In case a node invalidates a route during the treatment of a received
RRER message, it does not update tha Last Hop Count for the invalidated
nodes (see 8.9 (iii) (b)). If this is the expected behavior, I fail to
see the reasons. Can someone explain me please ?

Thank you,

Yves

---

From: Mahesh Marina <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:13:13 -0500 (EST)

> see the reasons. Can someone explain me please ?

i think there is no special reason for not updating the last hop count.
in fact, it should be done.

Regards,
Mahesh