Subject: TERENA Issue Call for Short Papers on Recent Results

From: Nicola Warren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 12:38:30 +0100

CALL FOR SHORT PAPERS ON RECENT RESULTS

                     TERENA Networking Conference 2001
               "Highlighting Advanced Networks and Services"
                               14-17 May 2001
                       http://www.terena/nl/tnc2001/

TERENA is pleased to issue a "Call for Short Papers on Recent Results" to 
be presented at the TERENA Networking Conference 2001, which will be held 
in Antalya, Turkey from 14-17 May 2001.

The "Call for Short Papers on Recent Results" is listed below and is also 
available from the conference web page at:

http://www.terena.nl/tnc2001/cfsp.html

Please feel free to copy this message to others who you think may be 
interested in submitting a paper for the conference.

With best regards,

The TERENA Networking Conference 2001 Programme Committee

*******************************************************************

               CALL FOR SHORT PAPERS ON RECENT RESULTS

                  TERENA Networking Conference 2001
            "Highlighting Advanced Networks and Services"
                   14-17 May 2001, Antalya, Turkey
				
                    http://www.terena.nl/tnc2001/
				
               Submission Deadline:  16 February 2001

*******************************************************************			
The annual TERENA Networking Conferences are prominent events
offering an opportunity to present and discuss technical and
strategic issues related to the provision of networks and services,
and the corresponding research and development activities, within
the research and education community. Bringing together leading
figures from the research networking community in Europe and
worldwide, they provide a unique opportunity for professionals from
research, industry, academia and related government sectors to
learn about the latest developments and plans for the future.

Further information about the conference is available from:

http://www.terena.nl/tnc2001/

Short Papers on Recent Results
==============================

The conference programme will feature a "recent results" session
allocated explicitly to presentations that reflect up-to-date
information about work-in-progress, ongoing research and recent
results. This call for short papers is for participants who were
not able to submit their material before the deadline for full
papers due to ongoing research projects and for those who wish to
announce new results. With less formal papers and presentations,
the "recent result" session provides a forum for debate and
exchange of ideas, and an opportunity to ask questions and give
opinions on topical subjects in research networking.

Short papers are invited on all topics covered by the conference
programme. A list of the main subject areas for the conference
is provided in the "First Announcement", which is available from:

http://www.terena.nl/conf/tnc2001/announce.html

Please do not hesitate to raise uncommon views or any contrasting
opinions to your own which may prompt interesting debate. The papers
selected by the Programme Committee to be presented at the conference
will be allocated approximately 15 - 20 minutes within the session.
It is envisaged that delivery of the presentation will take
approximately 10 minutes, leaving 5-10 minutes for lively discussion
on the issues raised.

The Programme Committee will review short paper submissions and those
selected for presentation in the "recent results" session will be
included in the Book of Abstracts and on-line Conference Proceedings.

Submission Instructions
=======================

Short paper submissions should not exceed 1000 words (or two A4 sides)
in length, and should outline the main theme, results and opinions
of the proposed presentation. All papers must be written in English
and submitted electronically to TERENA by 16 February 2001. Before
submitting, please take care to proof read your paper to check for
typing errors and spelling mistakes. If possible, your paper should
also be proof read by a native English speaker to check it for clarity.

All paper submissions must include the paper title; titles (Mr, Ms, Dr
etc.) and full names of all author(s); organisational affiliation;
and contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers.
If more than one author is listed, please identify one person as the
main contact for correspondence.

All papers must be submitted in electronic format following the
instructions listed below. The preferred methods of submission are PDF
or HTML files submitted via FTP or e-mail; however, plain ASCII text
files will also be accepted.

HTML Documents
--------------
Please use only elementary HTML commands and minimise the number of
files (one main HTML file, plus essential figures in a general format
such as GIF or JPEG referenced by URLs). If your paper submission
contains more than one file, the main HTML file should be named
index.html and any supplementary figures should be named fig1.gif,
fig2.jpeg, fig3.gif etc. If you are submitting multiple files, please
zip all the files together into a single archive file before uploading
them to the FTP server or sending them by e-mail.

FTP submissions should be sent by anonymous FTP to <ftp.terena.nl>
into the directory "pub/tnc2001/submit". Please note that files
deposited in this directory can only be written once and cannot be
deleted afterwards. If after submitting your files you wish to send
an update, please follow the naming convention outlined above, but
name your files index2.html, index3.html, etc., so that your most
recent submission can be easily identified. Also, to ensure that we
notice the update, please send an e-mail to <[email-masked]>.

PDF and ASCII Text Documents
----------------------------
PDF files and plain ASCII text documents can be submitted by FTP or
e-mail. E-mail submissions should be sent to <[email-masked]>.
FTP submissions should be sent by anonymous FTP to <ftp.terena.nl>
into the directory "pub/tnc2001/submit".

Conference Publications
=======================

Authors of accepted papers must supply a speaker profile and an
abstract for publication in the Book of Abstracts and their final
paper for publication in the on-line Conference Proceedings by
23 March 2001.

Important Dates
===============

16 February 2001:   Short paper submissions due
5 March 2001:       Notification of acceptance to authors
23 March 2001:      Speaker profiles, abstracts and final papers due

Relevant Contacts
=================

The TERENA Networking Conference 2001 is being organised by TERENA,
the Trans-European Research and Education Networking Association,
and will be hosted by ULAKBIM, the Turkish Academic Network and
Information Center.

Programme Committee Chairman:   Stefano Trumpy
                                 <[email-masked]>
								
Programme Committee Secretary:  Carol de Groot
                                 <[email-masked]>
								
Conference Organisation:        Bert van Pinxteren
                                 <[email-masked]>

General Information
===================

For further information, please contact:

TERENA Secretariat      Tel: +31 20 530 4488
Singel 468 D            Fax: +31 20 530 4499
1017 AW Amsterdam       E-mail: [email-masked]
The Netherlands         WWW: http://www.terena.nl/tnc2001/

*******************************************************************