Subject: Tom's comments

From: "Rajan, Hridesh (Hridesh)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:24:51 +0530

Hello Tom,

Let me make this point very clear that your comments on DSR and LAR
are unwarranted and biased. You have been constantly criticizing the 
protocols without presenting any substantial facts supporting your
criticism which may suit a urchin but is not a way to behave on a mailing
list on which serious discussions are only invited.

Another fact that I want to make clear is that you seem to be having some
personal grudges against people and not the protocols. Your comments on
nitin's work at least suggests that. You have no rights to comment on any
research work and grant.

If the moderator of this mailing list is listening me I earnestly request 
him/her to call off this unruly, unsavory and unseemly discussion from this
list which I believe is meant only for serious purposes.

I request you to stop this indecency.

Thank You,
Hridesh

---

From: Kui Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:29:09 -0700 (MST)

> list which I believe is meant only for serious purposes.

I also think Tom is stepping too far and his email include too many
personal biased opinions. However, this should not be the reason why
you want to kick him out. Listening negative comments may be a way to make
the mailing list more healthy. If you do not like his email, just punch
"D" key.  Tom has to hit the keyboard many times while you just one. :-))

I can understand why Tom is using yahoo. After all, he is at the risk
of losing friends if he is uncovered. Right?

Kui

---

From: Prithwish Basu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 20:29:11 -0500 (EST)

> Hello Tom,
  ^^^^^^^^^^

The guy's name reversed, eh? ;-)

All along I had thought that this guy was writing personally targetted
nonsense (as you have mentioned) and was inciting people to reply. Nitin
and Dave replied to his mails graciously and I think his nonsensical mails
didn't warrant replies. Unfortunately, he has been successful in his
efforts by making them reply.. that's what he probably wanted!

I think most people who are subscribed to this newsgroup are serious about
it, and don't want to waste their time reading mails from a guy who
doesn't have the guts to send mails from an identifiable email account.

Tom: if you identify yourself (with affiliation) and write constructive
criticism of the DSR/LAR protocols, then everybody is here to pay
attention. Otherwise, you should go to other appropriate mailing lists or
newsgroups (rec.humor etc.) and post such stuff - most probably people
won't take you seriously there too! Better still, why don't *you* come up
with a protocol which has *no* connection with DSR/AODV/LAR and publish it
in Mobicom / Mobihoc? If it has merit, it will be accepted. Their
deadlines are not yet over! Maybe you yourself can pull together an NSF
grant with your new "Hello" protocol :)

-Prithwish

-- 
-Prithwish