Subject: Having problems compiling cmu exten to ns

From: "wooighee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:17:15 +0900

Hello,

I'm currently trying to build the cmu extensions to ns but I'm running into
these problems.  At first, I had the following error:

In file included from random.h:40,
                  from random.cc:42:
 config.h:50: conflicting types for `typedef signed char int8_t'
 /usr/include/sys/int_types.h:62: previous declaration as `typedef char
 int8_t'
 random.cc:45: declaration of C function `int srandom(...)' conflicts with
 /usr/include/stdlib.h:182: previous declaration `void srandom(unsigned
int)'
 here
 make: *** [random.o] Error 1

Mr. Nitin Nagar suggested that I comment out the srandom in random.cc , and
then replace the config.h file with the ns-2's own config.h.

That did, in fact, correct the above errors (thanks Nagar), but now I get
another error in the same vein:

c++ -c -I. -I./cmu -I./cmu/dsr -I./cmu/dsdv -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/loca
l/GNU/include/g++ -I/usr/local/GNU/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/include -I/usr/local
/GNU/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/2.7.2.3/include/sys -I../TclCL -I../ot
cl -I/home/thames/wooighee/simu1/ns-allinone-2.1b3/ns-src/../tk8.0/generic -
I../tcl8.0/generic  -DNO_TK -DTCLCL_CLASSINSTVAR  -DNDEBUG -mv8 -msupersparc
 -D__svr4__ -DUSE_SHM -DHAVE_LIBTCLCL1_0B5 -DHAVE_TCLCL_H -DHAVE_LIBOTCL1_0A
2 -DHAVE_OTCL_H -DHAVE_LIBTK8_0 -DHAVE_TK_H -DHAVE_LIBTCL8_0 -DHAVE_TCL_H -D
abort=_ABORT -DMONARCH  -g -Wall -o random.o random.cc
c++ -c -I. -I./cmu -I./cmu/dsr -I./cmu/dsdv -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/loca
l/GNU/include/g++ -I/usr/local/GNU/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/include -I/usr/local
/GNU/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/2.7.2.3/include/sys -I../TclCL -I../ot
cl -I/home/thames/wooighee/simu1/ns-allinone-2.1b3/ns-src/../tk8.0/generic -
I../tcl8.0/generic  -DNO_TK -DTCLCL_CLASSINSTVAR  -DNDEBUG -mv8 -msupersparc
 -D__svr4__ -DUSE_SHM -DHAVE_LIBTCLCL1_0B5 -DHAVE_TCLCL_H -DHAVE_LIBOTCL1_0A
2 -DHAVE_OTCL_H -DHAVE_LIBTK8_0 -DHAVE_TK_H -DHAVE_LIBTCL8_0 -DHAVE_TCL_H -D
abort=_ABORT -DMONARCH  -g -Wall -o rng.o rng.cc

rng.cc:53: declaration of C function `int gettimeofday(struct timeval *,
struct timezone *)' conflicts with
/usr/include/sys/time.h:389: previous declaration `int gettimeofday(struct
timeval *, void *)' here
make: *** [rng.o] Error 1

I'm not sure if I should just go around each .cc file, commenting out each
declaration that has a conflict.  Is this the right approach?  It seems
rather strange for me to have to do this.

I did in fact try this:

1.)  First, I commented out line 53 of rng.cc due to a conflict with
timeofday function
2.)  Second, I edited cmu/debug.h to include <config.h> because in debug.h
u_int32_t was undeclared.

Finally, I get the following error:

cmu/debug.h: In method `HashSet::HashSet(char *)':
In file included from packet.h:82,
                 from agent.h:40,
                 from cmu/tora/tora.cc:6:
cmu/debug.h:54: warning: implicit declaration of function `int bzero(...)'
cmu/tora/tora.cc: In method `int toraAgent::command(int, const char *const
*)':
cmu/tora/tora.cc:79: `index' undeclared (first use this function)
cmu/tora/tora.cc:79: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cmu/tora/tora.cc:79: for each function it appears in.)
cmu/tora/tora.cc: In method `void toraAgent::recvTORA(class Packet *)':
cmu/tora/tora.cc:275: warning: unused variable `struct hdr_ip * ih'
cmu/tora/tora.cc: In method `void toraAgent::recvCLR(class Packet *)':
cmu/tora/tora.cc:613: `index' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [cmu/tora/tora.o] Error 1

I'm at a lost to what to do.

I'm compiling on Solaris 2.5.x.5 with gcc compiler version gcc version 2.8.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been working on compiling this
program for the past whole week with little progress.  It is driving me
nuts.

Sincerlely yours,

Ghee
[email-masked]

---

From: kunchanl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:35:26 -0800 (PST)

You might want to take a look at
NS INSTALLATION PROBLEMS page http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html
(and search for random)

and have you tried to use the latest version of ns? (since this problem
was reported in ns-2.1b4)

Kun-chan Lan