Subject: Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (SAWN)

From: "A.David Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jan 2001 11:45:24 EST

------------------------------------------------------
IEEE Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (SAWN)
in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2001
San Antonio, Texas, USA
November 25-29, 2001
------------------------------------------------------
  Symposium Chairman
 
  Prof. C-K. Toh
  Electrical & Computer Engineering,
  Georgia Institute of Technology
  Fax: 404-894-7468 E-mail:
  [email-masked]
 
  IEEE Comsoc Liason
 
  Gayle Weisman
  IEEE Communications Society
 
--------------------------------------------------------
About IEEE SAWN2001
--------------------------------------------------------
 The IEEE Symposium on Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks (SAWN2001) is a
 new and *high quality* technical meeting (to be held as part of
 GLOBECOM 2001) for researchers to present their latest research
 work related to the fast evolving field of ad hoc (multihop,
 adaptive, and self-organizing) wireless networks and pervasive
 communications. Such networks could have strong potential impact
 on our daily lives (for example at home and on-the-road) and the
 way we work. They are also particularly attractive for military
 and emergency operations due to their fast deployable and
 self-organizing characteristics. Future ad hoc networks are also
 capable of supporting multimedia. High quality papers are invited
 from researchers in academia and industries who are involved in
 this area of work.

--------------------------------------------------------
Topics of Interest Include (but not are limited to):

 - Ad Hoc Routing Protocols/Algorithms
 - Ad Hoc Transport Issues
 - Media Access Techniques/Protocols
 - Sensor & Data Fusion Ad Hoc Networks
 - Ad hoc network architectures
 - Error & Link Control Tecniques
 - Access & Session Support
 - Ad Hoc Multicasting Protocols/Algorithms
 - Service Discovery Algorithms
 - Low Power Algorithms and Protocols
 - Quality of Service Issues
 - Mobile IP with Ad Hoc
 - Performance of Bluetooth Networks
 - Integration Issues

 -------------------------------------------------------------
 Instructions for Authors
 
 Technical papers should be submitted to the Globecom Committee
 following the general Globecom submission process and instructions
 (AUTHOR KIT). In order to ensure that your paper is properly
 routed to this Symposium, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you explicitly
 identify Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks as the intended
 symposium to which you are submitting the paper. Failure to do
 so may result in your paper being forwarded to another symposium.
 All submissions are done electronically. Submission deadline is
 31st March 2001.

 Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM proceedings.
 All inquires should be directed to the symposium chairman at
 [email-masked]

 ----------------------------------------------------------------
 International Technical Program Committee
 
 Dr. Peiying Zhu, NORTEL Networks
 Dr. Bassam Hashem, NORTEL Networks
 Dr. Radha Krishnan, NORTEL Networks
 Dr. Yile Guo, NOKIA USA
 Roch Glitho, ERICSSON
 Dr. Eric Fleury, INRIA, France
 Prof. Andre Schaff, U of Henry Poincare Nancy 1, France
 Prof. Jean-Yves-Le-Boudec, EPFL, Switzerland
 Prof. Adam Wolisz, TU Berlin, Germany
 Prof. H. T. Mouftah, Queens University, Canada
 Prof. Victor O. K. Li, University of Hong Kong
 Prof. K-C Chen, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
 Prof. Elvino Sousa, University of Toronto, Canada
 Syed Akbar, TRW, USA
 Dr. Kenneth Bayer, MITRE Corporation, USA
 Dr. Howard Lemberg, Telcordia Technologies, USA
 Prof. Kris Pister, University of California Berkeley
 Prof. Nicholas Bambos, Stanford University, USA
 Prof. Zygmunt J Haas, Cornell University, USA
 Prof. C-K. Toh, Georgia Tech, USA
 Prof. Ahmed Helmy, University of Southern California,
 Dongkyun Kim, Seoul National University, Korea
 Dr. Nader Moayeri, National Institute of Standard & Technology
 Prof. Christian Bonnet, EURECOM, France
 Prof. Bruce McDonald, Northeastern University, USA 
 Prof. Taieb Znati, U of Pittsburgh/National Science Foundation
 Dr. Olov Schelen, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden 
 --------------------------------------------------------------
 Web Site:

 http://www.globecom2001.com
 http://users.ece.gatech.edu:80/~cktoh/sawn/sawn01.html
 --------------------------------------------------------------
 Sponsored by IEEE Communications Society
 --------------------------------------------------------------

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1