Subject: POMC Call for papers

From: Jennifer Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:04:36 -0500 (CDT)

CALL FOR PAPERS

POMC 2001
=========

Workshop on Principles of Mobile Computing

August 29-30, 2001, Newport, Rhode Island, U.S.A.

http://www.cs.tamu.edu/faculty/vaidya/pomc

pending sponsorship by ACM SIGACT

PURPOSE:

Mobile computing and communications devices are proliferating in recent
years. The mobility of distributed computing components raises a number of
interesting, and difficult, algorithmic issues. This one-day workshop is
intended to bring together researchers in mobile computing (especially,
but not exclusively, ad hoc networks) and distributed algorithms
(especially, but not exclusively, dynamic networks).  To facilitate such
interaction, the workshop is scheduled to begin on the last day of PODC
2001.

The planned format is a combination of contributed papers and one-hour
tutorials.  Significant time for discussion will be allocated.  It is
intended to be a lively and informal meeting, and to foster cooperation
among mobile computing systems researchers and distributed algorithms
theoreticians.

PAPER SUBMISSION:

Papers are solicited in all research and applied areas that touch on the
application of, or need for, distributed algorithms in the context of
mobile computing systems.  Papers covering work in progress are especially
welcome.  Papers should describe original, previously unpublished work
that is not currently under review by another conference, workshop, or
journal.

Specific topics include, but are not limited to:

  * distributed algorithms
  * routing
  * dynamic networks
  * dynamic graph algorithms
  * location tracking
  * security
  * scheduling
  * media access techniques
  * quality-of-service issues
  * sensor networks
  * complexity analysis of algorithms for mobile environments 

Please consult any member of the organizing committee if you are uncertain
whether your paper falls within the scope of the workshop.

Submissions should be up to 10 pages in length with reasonable margins and
line spacing.  To submit, please e-mail either postscript or PDF file to
[email-masked] (this e-mail address should become active by April 15,
2001), or fill the electronic submission form at
http://lsewww.epfl.ch/POMC2001/submission.html .

Important Dates:

  - Paper Submissions Due:        May 15, 2001
  - Notification of Acceptance:   June 15, 2001
  - Camera-ready Version Due:     June 28, 2001

Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their work at
the workshop.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Andre Schiper (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland)
        [email-masked]
Nitin H. Vaidya (Texas A&M University, USA)
        [email-masked]
Jennifer L. Welch (Texas A&M University, USA)
        [email-masked]