Subject: ns-create topology with unidirectional links

From: Kinshuk Bakshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 09:29:42 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

Here is my (stupid) question:
How can I emulate a unidirectional link between a chosen
pair of mobile nodes, using the NS framework? I am trying to provide
support for unidirectional links in the DSR routing protocol, and also
accounting for them at the lower (MAC) layers. 

Please excuse this email if it is out of context.

Thanks

Kinshuk Bakshi
--------------
M.E. Computer Engineering, Aggie Class of 2001
----------------------------------------------
401 Stasney #213	                Home:(979)260-3287
College STation, TX 77840		Email:[email-masked]
---------------------                   ----------------------------
http://www.cs.tamu.edu/people/ksb7690/

---

From: Ya Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:28:40 -0700 (PDT)

what do you mean by "link" in wireless network

---

From: Shiyi Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:41:59 +0200

> Please excuse this email if it is out of context.

It's an interesting question. Just to now all simulations using NS2 which
i know suppose the wireless links are symetric. To create un-symetric
link between a pair of mobile nodes, I think there are two methods:
1. using sectional antenna instead of omni-directional antenna. You
should implement sectional antenna in ns2 (like CMU implements
omni-directional antenna in ns2). It will be very useful if we study the
performance when mobile nodes equipe sectional antenna to reduce
interference.
2. You can give different transmission power to different nodes so that
nodes have different coverage diameter.

But pay attention, when we use IEEE802.11, it requires symetric links!!

Hope it can help you

Shiyi