Subject: Bluetooth kits

From: Gergely Zaruba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:10:58 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Colleagues,

Our research lab is looking into buying Bluetooth dev. kits
for the ongoing research on wireless LANs and ad hoc
networks. I would like to ask for your opinion/experience on
available products, products that you would recommend
buying. One of our objectives is to be able to modify the
protocol stacks and to have our own protocols running
instead/above them (if possible under Linux).

Thank you,

Gergely Zaruba

--
***********************************************************
Gergely V. Zaruba Ph.D. C.S.                [email-masked]
Assistant Professor  Computer Science and Engineering Dept.
The University of Texas at Arlington   phone:(817) 272 3602
***********************************************************

---

From: Baris Dundar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:15:47 -0700

Gergely,

Following combination seems to be quite popular in the Linux Bluetooth
community:

- Ericsson Bluetooth Application & Training Toolkits (USB/UART) 
- BlueZ 1.2 Bluetooth Stack ( which became the official bluetooth stack
of Linux with the 2.4.6 kernel release, for more info:
http://bluez.sourceforge.net/ ). 

We also have similar projects (our software platform is Linux 2.4.x) and
I am quite happy with the BlueZ stack.

Regards,

Baris Dundar