Subject: CFP: Networking 2002 (due Oct 15)

From: Laura Feeney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:55:16 +0200

Apologies if you receive multiple copies.

We're looking forward to receiving many fine submissions and hope
yours is among them!

	     Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers

			   NETWORKING 2002

	      The Second IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference
	      http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002

		     May 19-24 2002, Pisa - Italy

Networking is the biennial Conference on Networking of the IFIP Technical
Committee on Communication Systems (TC6). Networking 2002 is the second
conference of this series --the first event was held in Paris, May 2000--
and is sponsored by the IFIP working groups on Network and Internetwork
Architectures (WG 6.2), Performance of Communication Systems (WG 6.3), and
Wireless Communications (WG 6.8).

Networking 2002 is organized into three tracks: i) Networking Technologies,
Services and Protocols; ii) Performance of Computer and Communication
Networks; iii) Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems.

The Networking 2002 technical program committee is soliciting papers
describing original, previously unpublished, completed research, not
currently under review by another conference or journal, addressing
state-of-the-art research and development in all areas of computer
networking and data communications. Special sessions will be dedicated to
hot topics such as: Mobile Internet, QoS in Internet, wireless local and
personal area networks, 3G wireless systems, mobile ad-hoc networks. A
detailed list of topics of interest can be found at:
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/CFP.htm

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
=================================

Papers must be submitted electronically according to the instructions
described in http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002 . All papers will be
reviewed by the program committee. Accepted papers will appear in the
conference proceedings published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS series.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended version of
their papers for possible publication in special issues of ACM/Kluwer
Wireless Networks (WINET) and Performance Evaluation journals.

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Full papers due:	October 15, 2001
Notification:	January 30, 2002
Camera Ready due:	March 15, 2002

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
===================

GENERAL CHAIR: Enrico Gregori, National Research Council, Italy

GENERAL VICE-CHAIR: Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens, Greece

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR: Marco Conti, National Research Council, Italy

SPECIAL TRACK CHAIR for Networking Technologies, Services and Protocols:
Andrew T. Campbell, Columbia University, USA

SPECIAL TRACK CHAIR for Performance of Computer and Communication Networks:
Moshe Zukerman, University of Melbourne, Australia

SPECIAL TRACK CHAIR for Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems: Guy
Omidyar, National University of Singapore

TUTORIAL PROGRAM CHAIRS:
        Giuseppe Anastasi, University of Pisa, Italy
        Stefano Basagni, University of Texas at Dallas, USA

ORGANIZATION CHAIR: Stefano Giordano, University of Pisa, Italy

PUBLICITY CHAIRS:
        Silvia Giordano Ecole Politecnicque Losanna, Switzerland
        Laura Feeney, SICS, Sweden

STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR: Harry Perros, North Carolina State University, USA

STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
        Augusto Casaca, IST/INESC, Portugal
        S. K. Das, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
        Erol Gelenbe, University of Central Florida, USA
        Harry Perros, NCSU, USA (Chair)
        Guy Pujolle, University of Paris 6, France
        Harry Rudin, Switzerland
        Jan Slavik, TESTCOM, Czech Republic
        Hideaki Takagi, University of Tsukuba, Japan
        Samir Thome, ENST, France
        Adam Wolisz, TU-Berlin, Germany

	     Preliminary Announcement and Call for Papers

			   NETWORKING 2002

	      The Second IFIP-TC6 Networking Conference
	      http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002

		     May 19-24 2002, Pisa - Italy

Networking is the biennial Conference on Networking of the IFIP Technical
Committee on Communication Systems (TC6). Networking 2002 is the second
conference of this series --the first event was held in Paris, May 2000--
and is sponsored by the IFIP working groups on Network and Internetwork
Architectures (WG 6.2), Performance of Communication Systems (WG 6.3), and
Wireless Communications (WG 6.8).

Networking 2002 is organized into three tracks: i) Networking Technologies,
Services and Protocols; ii) Performance of Computer and Communication
Networks; iii) Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems.

The Networking 2002 technical program committee is soliciting papers
describing original, previously unpublished, completed research, not
currently under review by another conference or journal, addressing
state-of-the-art research and development in all areas of computer
networking and data communications. Special sessions will be dedicated to
hot topics such as: Mobile Internet, QoS in Internet, wireless local and
personal area networks, 3G wireless systems, mobile ad-hoc networks. A
detailed list of topics of interest can be found at:
http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002/CFP.htm

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
=================================

Papers must be submitted electronically according to the instructions
described in http://www.cnuce.pi.cnr.it/Networking2002 . All papers will be
reviewed by the program committee. Accepted papers will appear in the
conference proceedings published by Springer-Verlag in the LNCS series.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended version of
their papers for possible publication in special issues of ACM/Kluwer
Wireless Networks (WINET) and Performance Evaluation journals.

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Full papers due:	October 15, 2001
Notification:	January 30, 2002
Camera Ready due:	March 15, 2002

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
===================

GENERAL CHAIR: Enrico Gregori, National Research Council, Italy

GENERAL VICE-CHAIR: Ioannis Stavrakakis, University of Athens, Greece

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CHAIR: Marco Conti, National Research Council, Italy

SPECIAL TRACK CHAIR for Networking Technologies, Services and Protocols:
Andrew T. Campbell, Columbia University, USA

SPECIAL TRACK CHAIR for Performance of Computer and Communication Networks:
Moshe Zukerman, University of Melbourne, Australia

SPECIAL TRACK CHAIR for Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems: Guy
Omidyar, National University of Singapore

TUTORIAL PROGRAM CHAIRS:
        Giuseppe Anastasi, University of Pisa, Italy
        Stefano Basagni, University of Texas at Dallas, USA

ORGANIZATION CHAIR: Stefano Giordano, University of Pisa, Italy

PUBLICITY CHAIRS:
        Silvia Giordano Ecole Politecnicque Losanna, Switzerland
        Laura Feeney, SICS, Sweden

STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR: Harry Perros, North Carolina State University, USA

STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
        Augusto Casaca, IST/INESC, Portugal
        S. K. Das, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
        Erol Gelenbe, University of Central Florida, USA
        Harry Perros, NCSU, USA (Chair)
        Guy Pujolle, University of Paris 6, France
        Harry Rudin, Switzerland
        Jan Slavik, TESTCOM, Czech Republic
        Hideaki Takagi, University of Tsukuba, Japan
        Samir Thome, ENST, France
        Adam Wolisz, TU-Berlin, Germany