Subject: Re: Why the (300m x 1500m area) is used in most simulations ?

From: Wenjing Lou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 20:52:43 -0400

Hi, 

I think Yih-Chun Hu has already answered your question. Given the same number
of nodes and the same node density, rectangular field provides longer paths than
square field. You may use a bigger square field, then you need more nodes, while
the number of nodes has significant impact on the simulation time. I think it is
a reasonable way to simulate more challenging situation while keeping the
simulation cost relatively low. 

Wenjing

  Hello Mr. Wenjing Lou

  Thank you for responding to my question.

  > The reason that they use rectangular field rather than square field is to
  force
  > routing protocols use long path.
  >
  >

  In order to provide long path, we may use a bigger "square" field rather
  than the "rectangular field".
  Can you please give me any good reason showing that a rectangular field
  is need rather than a square field ?

  Thank you very much.

  Yours sincerely,
  Wooi-Ghee, Wang