Subject: OLSR: HELLO_INTERVAL and TC_INTERVAL?

From: Sergei Bantseev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:49:29 -0400

Hello everyone,

Can someone point me to information on how (or why) the values for
HELLO_INTERVAL and TC_INTERVAL, within the OLSR protocol, were set to 2
and 5 seconds respectively.

Thank you,

Sergei Bantseev.

---

From: "Philippe Jacquet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:53:10 +0200

Dear Sergei,

As far as I remember the 2 sec hello interval was coming from experiments
done at level 2 with heavy mobility. I don't remember very well about the 5
sec TC interval. The hello interval is important because it gives the pace
of the neighbor monitoring in absence of link layer notification. The TC
interval is less critical and does not need to be small because you can send
spontaneous TC's in case of MPR changes. However 5 sec bounds the time
needed to acquire the full topology when a node switches on.

Philippe

---

From: Sergei Bantseev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:59:36 -0400

Philippe,

Thank you for your reply.  In your experiments, what was the velocity in the
"heavy mobility" cases?  What level 2 protocol was used and what was the
transmission range?

Sergei.