Subject: [manet] Improved DSR OPNET model

From: Leonard Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:01:01 -0500

The NIST DSR OPNET model was downloaded by Jason T. Ballah, a student at
the Air Force Institute of Technology in Dayton, Ohio.  He upgraded the
NIST model to a later version of the DSR protocol, with more features,
and used it for his master's thesis on mutual authentication in
MANETs.  Jason's thesis and model files are available on our 
bibliography page under "Modeling and Simulation."  Also available there
is his Validation & Verification plan, which gives a summary of the
changes he made to the NIST model and his methodology for verifying the
model.

All files accessible via http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/prd_dsrfiles.html

According to Jason, "The model now performs the same (within a 95% 
confidence interval) as the published data from the NS-2 models 
implemented by the research team at CMU.  It is not the full 
implementation of the DSR specifications since it still does not perform 
piggy-backing operations or flow-state, but I believe it is much closer 
and could definitely be expanded and used by other researchers."

NIST is happy to make this model available, but since it was developed
at another agency, we cannot provide support for it.  A limited amount
of support is available from AFIT: contact Maj. Rusty Baldwin at
[email-masked]

-- L. E. Miller

._.. . _.   __ .. ._.. ._.. . ._.   ._ _   _. .. ... _

Leonard E. Miller, Wireless Commun. Technologies Group
    National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
    100 Bureau Drive Stop 8920, Bldg. 820, Room 445
    Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-8920
Phone: 301-975-8018        Fax: 301-590-0932
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/
._ _. ._ ._.. _.__ ... .. ...   ._ _. _..  ... .. __ .._
._.. ._ _ .. ___ _. ___...   .__ .. ._. . ._.. . ... ...

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet