Subject: [manet] AODV Next Generation (AODVng) 2002 Workshop

From: "Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:42:44 -0700 (PDT)

We are pleased to announce the AODV Next Generation (AODVng) 2002
Workshop, the first workshop on the Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector
(AODV) routing protocol.  AODVng 2002, held in conjunction with the
Third ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and
Computing (Mobihoc) 2002, will bring together researchers and
engineers who have experience working with AODV, to discuss future
directions and enhancements for AODV.  The workshop will include
presentations by participants, as well as a discussion session on
suggested extensions to the basic AODV protocol.  The setting of the
workshop is informal, and will take place at Ecole Polytechnique
Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), the same site as Mobihoc.

Date: June 8, 2002
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland

We invite one-page abstracts describing recent work related to AODV.
If your abstract is accepted, you will be asked to give a presentation
on this work at the workshop.  There will be no formal proceedings
from the workshop, although during the workshop we may decide on some
avenue for a publication describing the event.  Participation in the
workshop is by invitation only.

Because of the limited time available, there are currently no plans
for interoperability testing at this event.   If there is interest, 
we can use part of the workshop time to plan the next such event.  
Also, informal interoperability testing may be possible.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Quality of Service
- Multi-path routing
- Security
- Uni-directional links
- Implementation and test-bed experience
- Energy usage
- Scalability
- Interoperability testing and future events
- Freely available implementations and simulations
- Location-aware routing
- Scatternet formation
- Limiting rebroadcasts for flooding (broadcast backbones)
- Parameter selection for specific mobility and traffic scenarios
- Service discovery

Note that the topic must be related to the AODV protocol, and geared
towards future improvement.

Submission Instructions:

All submissions will be handled electronically and must be in ASCII
text, PDF or PostScript format.  Submissions must be in the form of an
abstract and must not exceed *500 words*.  Because there will not be
any formal proceedings, the work may be previously published
elsewhere.  The proposal may also be a work-in-progress, although
meaningful results must be included.

Please send submissions to Charles E. Perkins at [email-masked].

Submission Deadline: *April 30, 2002*
Notification of Acceptance: May 10, 2002

For more information, visit the AODVng Workshop homepage at
http://moment.cs.ucsb.edu/AODV/workshop.html, or send email to
Charles Perkins ([email-masked]) or Elizabeth Belding-Royer
([email-masked]) for any questions or more information.

Organizers:
Charles E. Perkins, Nokia Research Center
Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer, UC Santa Barbara

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet