Subject: [manet] 802.11

From: Yi Lv <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 10:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all:

First, i'm not sure if it's appropriate to put my questions here.:)

As you know, 802.11 defines not only the MAC layer, but also the physical
layer. I am not very familiar with the physical layer, such as DSSS. On my
understanding, DSSS should be fighting for some interference. Does that
mean from the MAC layer point of view, it is possible that physical layer
offers the unicast service? While the mac layer seems to assume only
broadcast can be done by physical layer. If unicast can be implemented by
physical layer, the probability of collisions should be less than the 
current assumption.

Can anyone tell me  what's the prototype for the model of physical layer
in ns-2 or some other simulators?

Thanks a lot!
Yi Lu

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet