Subject: [manet] simulation problem

From: "Evren CAVDIR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:57:26 +0300

Hello,
 
I am an MSc. Student in Eastern Mediterranean University Computer
Engineering Dept. My thesis is simulating the Dynamic Source Routing
(DSR) and Associativity  Based Routing (ABR) protocols in Wireless LAN.
I would really like to use Ptolemy for my thesis.But unfortunately I do
not know which domain is used for such purpose. For time being, I
focused on DSR protocol.There is three types of messages in DSR;
 
1.	For Route Request message and it has 4 fields in the packet 
2.	For Route Error message and it has 2 fields in the packet 
3.	For Route Reply message and it has 2 fields in the packet 
 
Also, we use two types of table stored in each mobile nodes. One is for
storing the routes to each node in the network and second one is for
storing the received Route Request packets. Besides, these two tables
should be dynamic, means that the information stored in these tables are
always changing during the cycle of network.
 
So if you know anything about simulating such protocols or if have
simulated any of them before, could you please help me. Which domain
should I use? And how? Thank you for your cooperation.

Evren ÇAVDIR
Research Assistant
Computer Engineering Department
Eastern Mediterranean University
Famagusta Mersin 10 Turkey
+90-392-630-2831

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.362 / Virus Database: 199 - Release Date: 07.05.2002