Subject: [manet] WMCSA 2002: Early Registration Deadline Approaching

From: Yoshito Tobe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 01:18:01 +0900 (JST)

Hello, folks,

You are invited to participate in the following workshop on mobile
computing.
Please note: The early registration deadline is *May 29*.

- Yoshito Tobe

============================================================
WMCSA 2002 Call for Participation

(We apologise if you receive multiple copies.)

4th IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems & Applications
(WMCSA2002)
Thursday-Friday, June 20-21, 2002
Villa Roma Resort & Conference Center, Callicoon, New York

http://wmcsa2002.hpl.hp.com/
[email-masked]

Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society (TCI & TCOS),
Hewlett-Packard, IBM and Intel
In cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE and USENIX

The Fourth IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications
is the latest in a series of high-quality, interactive forums for
discussion on all aspects of mobile computing systems and
applications. We look forward to another highly successful and enjoyable
workshop, this time in the Catskills area of New York, by the Delaware river
with rolling hills, lakes and small quiet towns, a few hours' drive from
New York City and 1 hour's drive from the Stuart/Newburgh airport.

To encourage an interactive atmosphere, attendance will be limited to
approximately 75 attendees. Authors of submitted papers and demo
proposals will be given first preference, with others able to register
on a space-available basis.

THE PROGRAM:

There will be technical paper sessions on a wide range of topics, including
location-dependence, smart space infrastructure, security, pervasive
querying, inter-device aggregation and routing.

There will be demonstrations of research prototypes, including sensor
networks, personal servers, tools for ubicomp development and wireless
load-balancing.

The workshop will also feature an invited talk and panel session.

The preliminary program can be found at
http://wmcsa2002.hpl.hp.com/program.html.

HOTEL and REGISTRATION:

Workshop registration is by online form or by fax/letter; hotel booking is
via the Villa Roma Conference Center. See
http://wmcsa2002.hpl.hp.com/register.html for details. The early
registration deadline and hotel cut-off date is May 29, 2002.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Early Registration & Hotel Cut-off Deadline:     May 29, 2002
WORKSHOP:     June 20-21, 2002

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

* General Chair: Tim Kindberg, HP Labs
* Program Chair: Brian Noble, University of Michigan
* Research Demos Chair: Hans-W. Gellersen, Lancaster University
* Finance Chair: John Barton, HP  Labs
* Local arrangements Chair: Apratim Purakayastha, IBM
* Publicity co-chairs: Anthony Joseph, University of California,
Berkeley;Jochen Seitz, Technical University of Ilmenau; Yoshito Tobe, 
Tokyo Denki University, Japan

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

* Gregory Abowd, Georgia Tech
* Barry Brumitt, Microsoft
* Adrian Friday, Lancaster University
* Armando Fox, Stanford
* John Heidemann, USC/ISI
* Robin Kravets, University of Illinois-UC
* Hui Lei, IBM
* Gerald Q. Maguire, KTH Sweden
* Brian Noble (Chair), University of Michigan
* Trevor Pering, Intel
* Bill Schilit, FXPAL
* Cormac Sreenan, U. College Cork
* Dan Wallach, Rice

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

http://wmcsa2002.hpl.hp.com/
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet