Subject: [manet] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-papadimitratos-secure-routing-protocol-00.txt

From: Panos Papadimitratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:36:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

         Title           : The Secure Routing Protocol (SRP) for Ad Hoc 
Networks
         Author(s)       : P. Papadimitratos, Z.J. Haas, P. Samar
         Filename        : draft-papadimitratos-secure-routing-protocol-00.txt
         Pages           : 14
         Date            : 2002-12-11

This document describes the Secure Routing Protocol (SRP), a route 
discovery protocol for ad hoc networks
that mitigates the detrimental effects of maliciously behaving nodes that 
disrupt the route discovery in
order to obstruct or disable the network operation. Our protocol provides 
correct routing information; i.e.,
factual, up-to-date and authentic connectivity information regarding a pair 
of nodes that wish to communicate
in a secure manner. The sole requirement is that any two such end nodes 
have a security association.
Accordingly, SRP does not require that any of the intermediate nodes 
perform cryptographic operations or
have a prior association with the end nodes. The end-to-end operation of 
SRP allows for efficient cryptographic
mechanisms, such as message authentication codes. More importantly, SRP can 
be used in a wide range of MANET
instances, without restrictive assumptions on the underlying trust, network 
size and membership.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitratos-secure-routing-protocol-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
         "get draft-papadimitratos-secure-routing-protocol-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
In the body type:
         "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitratos-secure-routing-protocol-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
         how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitratos-secure-routing-protocol-00.txt>

---

From: Panos Papadimitratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:36:27 -0500

Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
In the body type:
         "FILE

---

From: Panos Papadimitratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:48:33 -0500

Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
In the body type:
         "FILE

---

From: Panos Papadimitratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:48:33 -0500

Send a message to:
         [email-masked].
In the body type:
         "FILE