Subject: [manet] 11Mb/s speed for broadcasting routing?

From: "Berner Vegge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:23:03 +0100

Hello!
I have a problem when testing routing protocols over WLAN IEEE 802.11b.
The routing broadcasting stops at 2Mb/s, but I would like to have
it at 11Mb/s.
I think the reason is that the Supported Rates Information Element in 
Management Frames has 5.5Mb/s and 11Mb/s as optional rates, which again
means that they are not part of the Basic Rate Set and thereby not used
for broadcasting.

Anyone who knows how I can change 5.5Mb/s and 11Mb/s to mandatory rates
in the Supported Rates?

I use Orinoco Gold card, run in LINUX environment and the WLAN of course
runs in ad-hoc mode.

Thanks to anyone that may help!
BR  Berner

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet