Subject: [manet] DSR

From: "ayman ghazi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:08:18 +0000

hello,

I would to ask about how is the route choses in DSR, is the decession taken on the hop count or other factor, and could we configure this facotrs or it is fixed ????

Thanks

Ayman

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:55:53 -0600

The route in DSR can be chosen using any factors that the sender
wants to use.  It is typically chosen based on minimum hop count.
Among routes of equal length, it is good for the sender to favor
routes that it believes will be valid for the longest time.  This
is the "Link-MaxLife" strategy, described in the DSR Internet-Draft.
This is also described in detail with simulation results in

  Yih-Chun Hu and David B. Johnson. Caching Strategies in On-Demand
  Routing Protocols for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. Proceedings of
  the Sixth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing
  and Networking (MobiCom 2000), ACM, Boston, MA, August 2000.

Copies of this paper are available from http://www.monarch.cs.rice.edu/.

					Dave

ayman ghazi said:
>hello, 
>I would to ask about how is the route choses in DSR, is the decession
>taken on the hop count or other factor, and could we configure this
>facotrs or it is fixed ????
>
>Thanks

---

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:55:53 -0600

Dave