Subject: [manet] OLSR: Update of 2-hop neighbour set

From: Gerben Kuijpers <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 May 2003 13:58:15 +0200

Hi,

Does anyone know why in OLSR the 2-hop neighbour set only SHOULD be
updated based on the contents of an HELLO-message, received from a
SYMMETRIC neighbour (draft-ietf-manet-olsr-09, section 8.2.1)?

This is clear for point 1, adding a 2-hop tuple, but not for point 2,
where 2-hop tuples are removed. Consider the following scenario:

1 Node A and B have symmetrical links to each other
2 Node B does not receive HELLO messages for some time (e.g. due to
congestion) and the link to node A becomes asymmetric
3 Node B sends an HELLO message, where the interface address of node A
is included with link type = LOST_LINK
4 Node A receives this HELLO and changes the link to node B to
asymmetric and the status of node B to NOT_SYM
5 If the HELLO message included any more nodes with link type LOST_LINK,
these are not updated in Node A's 2-hop neighbour set, since the status
of node B is NOT_SYM. Why not use the information from the HELLO message
and remove the 2-hop tuples?

Best regards,

/Gerben Kuijpers

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet