Subject: [manet] Sequence Number for Gateway Nodes in AODV

From: Bahr Michael <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 11:00:50 +0200

Hello,

I'm refering to draft-ietf-manet-aodv-13, section 8. This section is about
using AODV with other networks (usually called AODV with gateway node). The
draft says, that "This includes the need for maintaining a destination
sequence number for that external subnet."

Since the only necessary property of the destination sequence number is the
monotonous increase of its value, it is not necessary to have more than one
destination sequence number at the AODV gateway node. This means, the
external subnet uses the same destination sequence number variable as the
AODV gateway node uses for its own paths.

Maybe, I've missed something.

Best regards,

Michael Bahr

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Munich, Germany

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet