Subject: [manet] A question concerning the DSR Opnet code

From: Edward Hua <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 14:58:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

    I'm modifying a DSR OPNET code that I downloaded from NIST (It's a 
Unix-based code, called nist_dsr_model.tar.pl). I have a question about 
how to generate a stream of DATA packets and send them from the source to 
destination. I'm not sure if this isn't the right venue for this 
OPNET-related question, but appreciate whatever advice and help you can 
give me.

    I've noticed that in this DSR code, after a route is found, 
the source sends a single data packet to the destinatin on that route. In 
other words, it seems that each source-destination connection session only 
transmits one data packet.  

    What I'd like to do is to send a stream of data packets (say, 10 of 
them) from src to dest. To that end, I've been going over the code to see 
where the first DATA packet is created. Because I'm very new with OPNET, I 
have been unable to find it. So far, I'm narrowing my search down to the 
dsr_upper_layer_data_arrival function, in the dsr_routing_layer process, 
and the Enter executive of the Upper_Layer state in the same processs. I 
have a hunch these two places are where I'm most likely to find that 
generator of the data packets. But so far, I haven't pinpointed the exact 
lines yet.   My hope is that once I know how this single data packet is 
generated, I'll be able to modify it (maybe some sort of for loop to let 
it run 10 times?) to get a stream of DATA packets.

    So could someone with OPNET programming experience give me some help 
on that? Maybe someone can tell me what "catchy words" or KPs in the 
OPNET code I should be looking for with regard to generating DATA packets? 
Thanks in advance.

-Ed

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet