Subject: [manet] IRTF ANS Meeting Announcement

From: Elizabeth Belding-Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 May 2003 10:00:54 -0700

Announcement and Call for Participation
---------------------------------------

The first meeting of the new IRTF Ad hoc Network Scalability (ANS)
Research Group will be held on Sunday, June 1st, from 7-10pm, in
conjunction with the Mobihoc 2003 Symposium in Annapolis, Maryland.
The focus of the group is to investigate scalability techniques for ad
hoc mobile networks.  Insufficient understanding of the basic
scalability problem exists within the IETF community to properly
address the development of large-scale, ad hoc network routing
standards. We are seeking presentations on recent research that
addresses the scalability of ad hoc networks in a number of areas:

* definition of scalability metrics
* definition of "black box" criteria by which routing protocol
performance/stability may be measured
* exploration of protocol attributes and mechanisms that affect
scalability/performance
        - Proacitve/Reactive/Hybrid routing mechanisms
        - QoS mechanisms
        - Address assignment mechanisms

The aim of the RG is to seek to develop an understanding of the basic
dynamics of large-scale routing in various dynamic network contexts
(e.g. standalone and hybrid fixed/ad hoc), and attempt to identify key
attributes and properties necessary for a feasible, scalable routing
protocol.

If you would like to give a presentation, please email
[email-masked] and [email-masked] with up to 1 page
describing your research and your results.

We will announce the meeting schedule closer to the meeting date.  The
meeting will consist of continued discussion from the group mailing
list on the specific direction of the group, as well as presentations
on the above scalability topics.  One of the first milestones of the
group is to produce an Informational RFC detailing the dimensions
along which scalability can be defined.

The ANS RG website can be found at http://www.flarion.com/ans-research
This website includes the charter of the research group and 
information for subscribing to the group mailing list.

We are looking forward to this first meeting and encourage participation
from persons both previously and not previously involved with the
IETF MANET working group.

Scott and Elizabeth

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet