Subject: [manet] AODV simulation results

From: "Nicola Alagia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:58:09 +0200

Hi there,

During a route discovery in AODV, an intermediate node can generate a reply message instead of the destination node.
I would like to know if someone has simulate the behaviour and has evaluate the performances of the AODV protocol, comparing the two following situations: 
(a) the intermediate nodes can reply and 
(b) only the destination node can generate a reply message.

Thanks, 
        Nicola
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 06:45:20 -0700

Luke Klein-Berndt and I examined this while looking at AODVjr.  For
the scenarios we ran we did not notice a significant difference in
delay or overhead.  The largest differences will be noticeable when
simulating large networks, using expanding ring search, using local
repair and scenarios with common destinations.

Ian Chakeres

See http://moment.cs.ucsb.edu/publications.html to download related
publications.

>Nicola Alagia wrote: