Subject: [manet] local route repair

From: Jon Zeeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:02:27 -0400

> I am trying to develop a method to reconnect a route when it breaks, by 
trying to connect
 > the node where there break took place to a node downstream from it along 
the route.
 > However, all the method that I developed so far causes loops. I was 
wondering if anyone
 > was able to solve this problem.

DSR addresses this issue with:

3.4.1. Packet Salvaging 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Frank Kargl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:40:14 +0200

Jon Zeeff wrote:
| DSR addresses this issue with:
|
|
| 3.4.1. Packet Salvaging

Perhaps I am wrong but when reading the DSR draft I get a different
understanding of packet salvaging. This is only ment for transmitting
the one packet (or a few that follow) that caused the RERR to the
destination. But nevertheless there has to be a new route discovery
procedure for the source to get an updated route. Otherwise the source
routes that the source writes into the packet would be wrong for quite
some time.

Regards ... Frank

- --
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
~ Frank Kargl          Multimedia Computing, University of Ulm, Germany
~ Mail:[email-masked] http://www.uni-ulm.de/~fkargl/
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
~   Use the SOURCE, Luke !  I feel a great disturbance in the SOURCE.
~            But beware of the Microsoft side of the SOURCE !
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
	  --->   CFP HICSS-37 Wireless PANs Minitrack:   <---
	  --->  http://crystal.uta.edu/~zaruba/hicss37/  <---