Subject: [manet] Question about IPv6 Autoconfiguration in MANET.

From: Florian Schiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:43:44 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Eunil,

I'm working on MANET Autoconfiguration with IPv6 too.
Up to now i have not yet read the Document you mention,
since I have just startet on this topic a few days ago.

As far as I have read, ist seems reasonable, that the standalone MANET
itself (i.e. without Gateways to Networks with fixed Infrastructure and
fixed addresses) should only use stateless autoconfiguration.

I know, that IPv6 has very powerful means of stateless autoconfiguration,
so this capability will make life much easier in a MANET.

Maybe you can tell me, where you found the discussion about pro/con of
adress aggregation? The latest discussion of Internet-MANET Gateways
seems to get to another Goal.

Florian Schiel    -    Siemens CT IC2 Internet and Mobility Lab
---------------------------------------------------------------
Siemens AG, CT IC2         phone: +49 89 636-50686
Otto-Hahn Ring 6           mail: [email-masked]
D-81730 Munich           

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet