Subject: [manet] Energy Aware DSR ID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:18:34 -0600

The ID titled "Energy Aware DSR (EADSR)" is available.

Attached below is the title, abstract, and table of contents.

Regards,
Shweta
Internet Draft                                                T. X Brown
Expires: 23 December 2003                                    S. Bhandare
                                                                S. Doshi
                                         University of Colorado, Boulder
                                                            23 June 2003

            The Energy Aware Dynamic Source Routing Protocol
                       <draft-brown-eadsr-00.txt>

Abstract
   The energy aware dynamic source routing (EADSR) protocol is an
   extension to the dynamic source routing (DSR) protocol for mobile ad
   hoc networks. It retains the features and benefits of DSR while it
   incorporates new features for energy limited nodes. The EADSR
   features include (1) a DSR header option so that link power costs
   can be passed with source routes; (2) an extended route discovery
   protocol to find lower energy routes than minimum hop routes; and
   (3) an additional route maintenance mechanism that allows the source
   node to respond to link changes without route disruption. The
   protocol is able to find routes with minimum total transmit power
   cost. It is able to track changes in link power on a route, choose
   between routes based on cost, and notify the source of new lower
   cost routes as they become available. This document specifies the
   EADSR header option and operation changes to DSR.

Table of Contents:

   1. Introduction                                                     1

   2. Assumptions                                                      2

   3. EADSR Protocol Overview                                          4
      3.1. EADSR Route Discovery . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
      3.2. Additional Route Discovery Mechanism  . . . . . . . . . . . 6
      3.3. EADSR Route Maintenance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7

   4. Conceptual Data Structures                                       9
      4.1. Energy Aware Link Cache . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . 10
      4.2. Acknowledgement Table  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10

   5. EADSR Header Format                                             11
      5.1. Fixed Portion of EADSR Header  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
      5.2. Energy Aware Route Request Option  . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
      5.3. Energy Aware Route Reply Option  . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
      5.4. Route Error Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
      5.5. Acknowledgement Request Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
      5.6. Acknowledgement  Option  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
      5.7. Energy Aware Source Route Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13
      5.8. Pad1 Option  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14
      5.9. PadN Option  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14

   6. Detailed Operation                                              14
      6.1. General Packet Processing  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14
      6.2. Route Discovery Processing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17
      6.3. Route Maintenance Processing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19
      6.4. Multiple Interface Support . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21
      6.5. Fragmentation and Reassembly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21
      6.6. Flow State Processing  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21

   7. Protocol Constants and Configuration Variables                  21

   8. Security Considerations                                         21

   Appendix A. Implementation and Evaluation Status                   22

   References                                                         22

----- End forwarded message -----

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet