Subject: [manet] bandwidth reservation simulation

From: Bin Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:28:22 -0500 (CDT)

I apologize if this is not the appropriate place for this topic, but I
posted a message on NS-2 mailing list and got no reply.

I'm trying to simulate bandwidth reservation in ad hoc networks using
ns-2 but can't figure out how to do it. Is there anybody who has done this
or included this kind of work in your simulation? I'd appreciate it very
much if you could give me a hint how to do it!!

Thanks,

Bin Lu

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Bin Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:07:22 -0500 (CDT)

I'd like to add to my previous message that: I'm not trying to simulate a
QoS signaling system - but only a simple 'bandwidth allocation' mechanism.
Say, I allocate 0.5M bandwidth to a flow, then this 0.5M will just be used
by that flow, not by others. 

I looked at the insignia code but can't find this specific part. Any hint
will be appreciated!

Bin Lu