Subject: re: [manet] Mobility Models

From: Jorjeta Gueorguieva Jetcheva <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:50:16 -0500 (EST)

Hello Andrea,

If you are interested in experimenting with real traces of node mobility,
we have some available on the Monarch website.  These are traces of the
actual movement of buses in the Seattle, WA metropolitan area collected
continuously over a period of several weeks.  There are in the order of
1000 buses in each trace covering a 5100 square kilometer area.

More information about the traces, an analysis of their characteristics
and routing experiments using the traces are discussed in our WMCSA paper:

J.G. Jetcheva, Y.-C. Hu, S. PalChaudhuri, A.K. Saha, and D.B. Johnson.
Design and Evaluation of a Metropolitan Area Multitier Wireless Ad Hoc
Network Architecture. Proceedings of the 5th IEEE Workshop on Mobile
Computing Systems & Applications (WMCSA 2003), IEEE, Monterey, CA,
October 2003.

The traces and the paper above can be downloaded from
http://www.monarch.cs.rice.edu/papers.html.

Jorjeta

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hail everybody!
I ve just start to study the impact of mobility models on routing =
protocols in MANET.
Is there anybody who can suggest me where I can find some =
implementations of mobility models (in C language,Boundless Simulation =
Area,Gauss-Markov,City Section).
In my opinion a good mobility models must take into accounts:
1)memory of the previous direction and velocity--> no discontinuity
2)consider that users can stop/pause for some time
3)correlation between movement of different users
4)consider a real scenario-->city
Who agree with me?

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=
o  j		r		e		a   o
=	 o		j		t	    =
o						    o
=						    =
o 	        Jorjeta G. Jetcheva		    o
=	   Ph.D. student, Computer Science	    =
o 	    Carnegie Mellon University	            o
= 						    =
o         http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~jorjeta            o
=						    =
o						    o
=				                    =
o                                                   o
=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet