Subject: [manet] How to do simulation with Ns2 for hybrid wireless network?

From: minh tam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:58:17 +1100 (EST)

Dear all,
 
I am doing the simulation to compare performance of different routing for hybrid wireless network?
Normally, Ns2 only work with AODV or Mobile IP seperately, doesn't it?
How to create a foreign agent work with both AODV and Mobile IP ?
 
Any informations about this, please let me know .
Thanks for your help !

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Personals
- New people, new possibilities. FREE for a limited time!

---

From: "HyunWook Cha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:55:07 +0900

Hi.

I am interested in your job. I have a plan to simulate MIPv6 with AODV
for the performance comparison with my internet draft regarding internet
connectivity. 

Please see my comments below.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
minh tam
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 12:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] How to do simulation with Ns2 for hybrid wireless
network?

Dear all,

I am doing the simulation to compare performance of different routing
for hybrid wireless network?
Normally, Ns2 only work with AODV or Mobile IP seperately, doesn't it?
How to create a foreign agent work with both AODV and Mobile IP ?

=> You can find test script test-suite-WLtutorial.tcl in
~/ns-ver/tcl/test directory. In this file, you can refer Test/wireless3
class. As you can see, you can do what you want using -mobileIP ,
-adhocRouting, and -wiredRouting options assigned with ON, AODV, and ON
respectively. When mobileIP and wiredRouting are set to ON, the instvar
nodetype of Node/MobileNode created by "create-wireless-node" is set to
MIPBS (get-nodetype called in Node instproc init).Then, makemip-NewMIPBS
is called in Node/MobileNode instproc init and Agent/MIPBS instance is
created and attached to the mobilenode. 

Please, let me know if you find another problems. 

Regards,

HyunWook Cha

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet