Subject: [manet] DEADLINE EXTENDED: MWN Workshop 2004

From: "Asis Nasipuri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 23:05:20 -0500

Due to requests for extension, the deadline for submission of extended
abstracts to the Workshop on Multihop Wireless Networks 2004 is being
extended to Friday, December 12, 2003.

MWN-04 Chair
============================================
Dr. Asis Nasipuri, Assistant Professor
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
Phone: 704-687-3876
Fax: 704-687-2352
URL: http://www.ece.uncc.edu/~anasipur

*********************Call for Papers************************

********** WORKSHOP ON MULTIHOP WIRELESS NETWORKS **********

                 in conjunction with
23rd IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications
                  Conference (IPCCC)

          April 14-17, 2004, Phoenix, Arizona

PROGRAM CHAIR:

Asis Nasipuri, University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
([email-masked])

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

Guohong Cao, Penn. State University
Samir R. Das, SUNY at Stony Brook
Janelle Harms, University of Alberta
Ekram Hossain, University of Manitoba
Gavin Holland, HRL Labs
Shivkumar Kalyanaraman, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Rajgopal Kannan, Louisiana State University
Young-Bae Ko, Ajou University, Korea
Kai Li, Eastern Carolina University
Qilian Liang, University of Texas at Arlington
Dilip Sarkar, University of Miami
Chien-Chung Shen, University of Delaware
Mineo Takai, University of California at Los Angeles
Feiyi Wang, MCNC

SCOPE:

Multihop networking has experienced rapid growth in the last decade
with applications ranging from battlefield and disaster area networking
to wireless LANs for the home and offices. Recent technological
developments have led to newer possibilities for applications such as
networking of large arrays of wireless sensors and development of
wireless community networks. However, design of multihop networks
continue to pose a myriad of challenging problems that exist across
multiple disciplines. These include issues in the physical layer,
network protocol development, operating system, low-power circuit
design, signal processing, and distributed algorithms.

The objective of this workshop is to bring together researchers on
different aspects of the current issues on multihop wireless wireless
networks with special emphasis on performance modeling and protocol
development. We encourage submission of high-quality papers that report
original work in both theoretical and experimental research areas.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Physical layer design
- Medium Access Control
- Routing
- Network Control and Management
- Operating system and middleware
- Data storage and database
- Energy conservation techniques
- Distributed and collaborative algorithms for multihop networks
- Signal processing techniques
- Performance evaluation and modeling of multihop networks
- Security issues
- Network reliability/survivability
- Multimedia and QoS
- Testbed results
- Applications

DATES:

 Deadlines for Submissions:  December 12, 2003
 Notification of Acceptance: December 29, 2003
 Camera-Ready Copy Received: January 26, 2004
 Workshop:                   April 14-17, 2004

SUBMISSION:

Submit an extended abstract not exceeding 8 pages, including figures.
A cover page containing the title, authors, descriptive keywords, and
contact information of the corresponding author must be included.
Postscript or Adobe pdf format are preferred. Submit by e-mail to
the Workshop Chair ([email-masked]).

PAPERS:

Papers must represent original work that has not been published in any
other forum. All submitted papers will be refereed for originality,
quality, contribution, and relevance to the scope of this workshop. At
least one author must register for the conference by paying the full
(non-student) registration fee and present the paper at the conference
venue. All accepted papers will be published in the IPCCC proceedings
by the IEEE press. Accepted papers will be limited to 6 pages in
standard IEEE format.

For any further information, please check the workshop  web  page  at
http://www.ece.uncc.edu/~anasipur/MWN/index.html or the IPCCC web page
(http://www.ipccc.org) or send e-mail to the program chair.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet