Subject: [manet] ACM MobiCom 2004 - Preliminary CFP

From: "Robin Kravets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:37:04 -0600

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

                        PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT 
                          AND CALL FOR PAPERS
                                    
                              MobiCom 2004
               The Tenth Annual International Conference
                   on Mobile Computing and Networking
                  
                      September 26 - October 1, 2004
                          Philadelphia, PA, USA
             (dates and location are subject to final approval)

                 http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2004/

                       Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

                             IMPORTANT DATES:
                         Paper registrations due:
                              March 8, 2004
                          Paper submissions due:
                              March 15, 2004
                        Notification of acceptance:
                              June 21, 2004
                        Camera-ready versions due:
                              July 25, 2004
 
ACM MobiCom 2004, the Tenth Annual International Conference on Mobile
Computing and Networking, is the tenth in the series of annual
conferences sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE and dedicated to addressing the
challenges in the areas of mobile computing and wireless and mobile
networking. The MobiCom conference series serves as the premier
international forum addressing networks, systems, algorithms, and
applications that support the symbiosis of mobile computers and wireless
networks. MobiCom is a highly selective, single-track conference
focusing on all issues in mobile computing and wireless and mobile
networking at the link layer and above.
 
 PAPERS: Authors are invited to submit full papers presenting new
research related to the theory or practice of mobile computing and
networking. All submissions must describe original research that is not
published or currently under review by another conference or journal.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Applications and computing services supporting mobile users
- Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with mobility,
limited
      bandwidth, or intermittent connectivity
- Database and data management issues in mobile computing
- Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing and

      networking
- Distributed systems aspects of mobile computing
- New mobile and wireless applications
- Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks 
- Performance of mobile and wireless networks and systems 
- Location-dependent applications and protocols
- Security and privacy of mobile/wireless systems
- Mobile ad hoc and sensor networks
- Wireless multimedia systems
- Algorithms and protocols for power management and control
- Service creation and management environments for mobile/wireless
systems
 
The program committee will referee all papers, and accepted papers will
be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers will appear
in a special issue of the ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks (WINET) journal.
 
CHALLENGES PAPERS: The conference also solicits short papers (maximum of
8 pages) that challenge the mobile computing community with
revolutionary new approaches, new technologies, or visionary
applications. Such papers should provide stimulating ideas or grand
visions that may open up exciting avenues of far-reaching future
research. Descriptions of new products or simple evolution of existing
work are not appropriate as Challenges Papers. Challenges Papers will be
reviewed and should be submitted using the normal submission procedure.
The title of such papers must start with the word "Challenges," i.e.,
"Challenges: ... `rest of the title'."
 
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper submissions will be handled
electronically. Authors should prepare a PDF or a PostScript version of
their full paper. Papers must be no longer than 15 pages (8 pages for
Challenges submissions), font size not smaller than 10 points, and must
fit properly on U.S. "letter"-sized paper (8.5x11 inches) with
reasonable margins. Detailed instructions for the paper submission
procedure and format will be available on the conference web pages. The
deadline for registering the title and the abstract of the paper with
our electronic submission system is March 8, 2004 and the deadline for
submitting the actual paper is March 15, 2004. All deadlines are 11:59PM
EST.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality through
double-blind review process, where the identities of the authors are
withheld from the reviewers. Authors should not be identifiable by any
means from the paper or from the PDF or the Postscript file. Guidelines
for preparing the paper for blind reviewing, as well as electronic paper
submission instructions, will be available on the conference web pages.

Submitted or substantially similar papers must not be currently under
review for any other publication. Please direct any questions regarding
paper submission to the Program Co-Chairs, Samir Das and Ravi Jain at
[email-masked].
 
TUTORIALS: Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation of tutorial
proposals will be based on the expertise and experience of the
instructors and on the relevance of the subject matter. Potential
instructors are requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5
pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorial Co-Chairs,
Andrew Campbell ([email-masked]) and Taieb Znati
([email-masked]). The deadline for tutorial proposals is April 05, 2004.
 
PANELS: Panel proposals are solicited that examine innovative,
controversial, or otherwise provocative issues of interest. Panel
proposals should not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches of
the panelists. Potential panel organizers should contact the Panel
Co-Chairs, Prathima Agrawal ([email-masked]) and Tao Zhang
([email-masked]). The deadline for panel proposals is April
26, 2004.
 
RESEARCH DEMOS AND EXHIBITS: Proposals for research demos are solicited.
Proposals should not exceed 3 pages and should include a description of
the demo and equipment to be used. Send proposals to the Research Demo
Chair, Elizabeth Belding-Royer ([email-masked]). The deadline for
demo proposals is July 12, 2004. We are also planning an Expo featuring
exhibits of the latest mobile computing products and services.

STUDENT POSTER SESSION: Student posters are solicited that present
recent and on-going research by students on mobile computing and mobile
and wireless networking topics. Student posters should not exceed 2
pages and should include a description of the student's research. See
above for paper formatting requirements. Accepted posters will be put on
the conference web page; however, they will not be printed in the
conference proceedings. Send poster submissions to the Student Poster
Co-Chairs, Chiara Petrioli ([email-masked]) and Stefano Basagni
([email-masked]). The deadline for student posters is July 12,
2004.

BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD: Papers with a student as a primary author will
be considered for the Best Student Paper Award, with a cash award of
1000 USD. Students must indicate with their submission that they would
like to be considered for this award. The student author of the awarded
paper is expected to present the paper at the conference.
 
 GENERAL CHAIR
               Zygmunt Haas
                     Cornell University
                      
 PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
         Samir R. Das
                     Stony Brook University, SUNY
                      
                     Ravi Jain
                     DoCoMo USA Labs

 STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR
   Imrich Chlamtac
   University of Texas at Dallas

 ACM PROGRAM DIRECTOR
                     Ginger Ignatoff

 Additional committee members will be announced on the conference web
page.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet