Subject: [manet] New ad-hoc network simulator and AODV implementation

From: Antony Lesuisse <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 06:08:16 +0100

I'm working on yet another implementation of AODV (IPv6-only). I
developped a simple ad-hoc network simulator that use virtual UNIX
ethernet cards (TUN/TAP).  It allow me to test my implementation, but
more interrestingly, it can be used to test real unix software on the
virtual ad-hoc network. One other possiblity could be to have a hybrid
network semi-virtual semi-real (imagine 5 real laptops and 100 virtual
nodes).

Both software are written in python (100% userspace then). But i will
need a small C helper for AODV, getting the TTL and sniffing is not
possible in standard python.

Warning: the simulator works well, but the aodv implementation is far
from complete, and both lack documentation, but everything in written in
python, so it should be quite easy to understand.

More info: http://airnet.org/ (screenshot and source availaible)

--
Antony Lesuisse
GPG EA2CCD66: 4B7F 6061 3DF5 F07A ACFF  F127 6487 54F7 EA2C CD66

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet