Subject: [manet] Time Slots and Collision Probability

From: Nandini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:58:33 +0530 (IST)

I'm working on collision probabilities for 802.11 networks.
What is the significance of the parameter time slot =20us for 802.11b
networks?

Normally it is assumed that all the clocks are synchronised in a
simulation scenario. Generally if a transmission occurs at the beginning
of slot one, then at slot 2 all stations will detect the medium to be
busy. But in real life scenario it may not be so.

If a transmission occured somewhere in the middle of the previous slot
will the station be able to detect that the medium is busy in the current
slot? Thus if the clocks are asynchronous how will this affect the
collision probability in real life?

Thank you,
Nandini

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet