Subject: [manet] Regarding Chaning bandwidth at physical layer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:50:12 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,
I have one doubt regarding changing bandwidth at the physical layer in
case of IEEE 802.11.
I found out that  there are extensions to the existing physical
layer that  allow you to send PLCP header etc at much highre rate such as
11Mbps.

However in that case, do we need to alter other parameters such as
DSSS_{Sltotime,SIFSTime...} etc.
As an example I am giving the way these parameters are setup in ns-2.26
I have altered PLCPDataRate to 11Mbps. But not sure about what should I do
for otther parameters. I will really appreciate any help on this issue.

ns-2 paramters list:

#define DSSS_SlotTime                   0.000020        // 20us
#define DSSS_CCATime                    0.000015        // 15us
#define DSSS_RxTxTurnaroundTime         0.000005        // 5us
#define DSSS_SIFSTime                   0.000010        // 10us
#define DSSS_PreambleLength             144             // 144 bits
#define DSSS_PLCPHeaderLength           48              // 48 bits

//#define DSSS_PLCPDataRate             1.0e6           // 1Mbps
#define DSSS_PLCPDataRate               11.0e6          // 1Mbps

Regards,
--Sameer Tilak.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet