Subject: [manet] Last CFP International Journal of Computers and Applications on 'System and Networking for Smart Objects'

From: "David Simplot-Ryl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:34:55 +0100

Please accept our apologies in case you receive this information
from multiple sources.
==================================================================
			   Call for Papers

  IASTED International Journal of Computers and Applications (IJCA)
			   Special Issue on
	      'System and Networking for Smart Objects'

	   http://www.actapress.com/journals/specialca2.htm

Purpose

  IASTED International Journal of Computers and Applications (IJCA),
  by ACTA Press, seeks articles for a special issue on System and
  Networking for Smart Objects, to appear in January 2005. The guest
  editors for this special issue are David Simplot-Ryl and Gilles
  Grimaud, University of Lille, France, and Jean-Jacques Vandewalle,
  Gemplus Systems Research Labs, France.

  The ubiquitous sudden increase of new networked devices and the fast
  proliferation of distributed computing involving all kinds of
  computing devices create a unique challenge. Innovative solutions
  are required for the development, implementation and operation of
  distributed applications in complex IT environments full of
  diversity and heterogeneity. The concept of 'smart object' is
  defined as the junction between miniaturization with the development
  of wireless communications. A large number of applications in daily
  life enriched can be imagined: from PDA networks to smart space,
  from wireless smartcard to smart fridges. Smart objects like
  smartcards, RFID tags, wireless sensors, smart dust, require
  suitable basic software which takes into account the specificity of
  smart objects: limited resources, transient communication links,
  mobile and untrusted environment, etc. These constraints impact in
  operating system design which represents a huge challenge for a
  great number of research activities.

  The goal of this special issue of the International Journal of
  Computers and Applications by ACTA Press, USA, is to publish
  original research and review articles in the domains of operating
  system and networking for smart devices given below.

  Areas of relevant interest we foresee (but not limited to) include:

  - Smart devices like smartcards, RFID tags, sensors and smart dusts
  - Embedded operating system dedicated to smart objects
  - Mobile and ad hoc networking protocols and service discovery
  - Design principles and techniques for smart embedded systems
  - Middleware services for deployment and management of smart objects
  - Security and safety issues of ubiquitous computing systems
  - Location-dependent / personalized applications
  - Wireless sensor networks and group management of sensor nodes

Submission and timetable

  The submission deadline is February 20, 2004. Send papers as .pdf
  file to [email-masked]. Papers must be written in English and
  must confine to a maximum of 18 pages (including abstract page,
  equations, tables, all figures, references, author biographies and
  photos (optional)) with double-line spacing per page. Clear fonts
  with 12-pt size must be used. All the pages shall be numbered. If
  there are any photographs to be included good quality printing must
  be used to aid referees to see the photographs clearly. Avoid
  coloring any graphs unless use of color shades is meant for any
  technical purposes. References shall be typed in a consistent format
  throughout and must be referenced in the order they appear.
  Manuscripts should strictly follow the guidelines of ACTA Press,
  given at the following website:
  http://www.actapress.com/journals/submission.htm

  Manuscript Submission: February 20, 2004
  Acceptance Notification: June 20, 2004
  Final Manuscript Due: September 1, 2004
  Publication: January 2005

Guest co-editors

  David SIMPLOT-RYL
  IRCICA/LIFL, Univ. Lille 1, INRIA Futurs, France
  [email-masked]

  Jean-Jacques VANDEWALLE
  Gemplus Systems Research Labs, France
  [email-masked]

  Gilles GRIMAUD
  IRCICA/LIFL, Univ. Lille 1, INRIA Futurs, France
  [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet