Subject: [manet] How to measure Throughput, Transmission Delay and Drop Ratio

From: "Jack Chan's Hotmail Account" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 01:57:42 -0500

Hi I need some help.

    I have a wireless testbed composed of 3 laptops equipped with 802.11b WLAN and running Red Hat Linux 9.0 OS. Later, I will d/l DSR and AODV implementation into this testbed. How can I measure the throughput, transmission delay, drop ratio while during testing? Is there any program that I can install for gathering all these data?

My 2nd question, is there any good test case (any reference from website) that I can perform to simulate actual "at work" situation of ad-hoc network?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Chan 
Queen's University

---

From: "Koojana Kuladinithi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:40:02 +0100

Hi Jack

 There are several ways to measure the above. You can use iperf traffic 

 generator ( <http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/>
http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/Iperf/)

  to get above measurements for both UDP & TCP. And also, you can use web100

 (www.web100.org) to measure window size, RTO and Ssthr for TCP. At the 

 moment, we are taking some measurements based on iperf & using web100. 

 We have done some modifications to both iperf and web100 and would 

 like to release all scripts that we used for the test soon.

 Regards

 Koojana

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Jack
Chan's Hotmail Account
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Januar 2004 07:58
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [manet] How to measure Throughput, Transmission Delay and Drop
Ratio

Hi I need some help.

    I have a wireless testbed composed of 3 laptops equipped with 802.11b
WLAN and running Red Hat Linux 9.0 OS. Later, I will d/l DSR and AODV
implementation into this testbed. How can I measure the throughput,
transmission delay, drop ratio while during testing? Is there any program
that I can install for gathering all these data?

My 2nd question, is there any good test case (any reference from website)
that I can perform to simulate actual "at work" situation of ad-hoc network?

Jack Chan 

Queen's University