Subject: [manet] problem in installing orinoco card

From: "Ashish Pandey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:22:16 +0530

Hi

from last few days i'm trying to install orinoco 802.11b pci gold card on my
desktop...it's working fine in windows environment but when i try to install
it in linux environment it gives error at the time running build script....i
tried to do it through installing new pcmcia package but still showing same
problem ...so can anybody help me to installing that on linux
environment....on the other hand its working fine in my laptop in both linux
and windows environment..

thanx in advance..

Ashish
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashish Pandey
Department of Computer Science,
Indian Institute of Technology
Kanpur - 208016, INDIA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Andreas Tønnesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:59:24 +0100 (MET)

This probably belongs in some linux mailing list... but here goes:

You are sure that you do not have the orinoco module compiled for your
kernel already?
locate orinoco_cs.o | grep `uname -r`

Do you have all tools required to build the pcmcia-cs package(as listed in
the documentation)?

If you still get errors my advice would be to rebuild your kernel with
support for the orinoco PCMCIA card.

Or else most distros have prebuildt pcmcia packages for their "standard"
kernels avalible. Depending on your distro a: "apt-cache search pcmcia",
"emerge search pcmcia", "urpmf pcmcia".... and so on - should list the
avalible packages.

If you still can't get it to work pleas post on som linux/WLAN oriented
mailinglist/fora like: http://lists.linux-wlan.com/

Andreas T
(PS: new uOLSR webpage - http://www.olsr.org)

> and windows environment..

Andreas Tønnesen([email-masked])
UniK University Graduation Center
University of Oslo
http://www.olsr.org