Subject: [manet] manet

From: "kani mozhi" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Mar 2004 18:41:39 -0000

hi
iam working on intrusion detection and response for adhoc networks.

what is the probability that a node will experience link error when receiving and forwarding packets
i need this to set a threshold value such that it mitigates the link error

---

From: "John Mullen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:17:18 -0700

Hi,
 
The answer to your question depends primarily on 1) average received
signal-to-noise ratio, 2) waveform and encoding, 3) shadowing, 4)
fading, and 5) packet size.  Average received radio S/N itself depends
mainly on frequency, the composition of the environment, terrain,
antenna gain and distance. Other factors include decisions made at the
MAC and link levels on what constitutes a reliable link.  Given the RF
complexity of a typical MANET manifestation, these parameters will
differ from place to place.  As a result, you will need some sort of
adaptive rule.
 
John Mullen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
kani mozhi
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 11:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] manet

hi

what is the probability that a node will experience link error when
receiving and forwarding packets
i need this to set a threshold value such that it mitigates the link
error 

 <http://clients.rediff.com/signature/track_sig.asp>