Subject: RE: [manet] AODV Question

From: Erik Nordström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:34:31 +0100

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 16:13, DANIEL BYRNE wrote:
> I forgot about the IPv4 TTL.  Good point.  Sounds like the limitations in AODV goes beyond what can be fixed within the protocol itself.
> 
> However, to the point that "who would want to connect to a station 255 hops away?"  well I would, but maybe not with AODV.
> 

I guess the point is not whether you would like to or not, but rather if
it is feasible with 255+ hops. And we did talk about AODV...

In the Internet I guess that an average hop count would be 20-30 hops
(with max around 60, correct me if I am wrong). So why would one assume
that 255+ hops would be within reach in networks that do not have
bandwidth and scaling capabilities that are even close that of the
Internet?

Erik

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet