Subject: [manet] 802.11 MAC

From: "Scott Summers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 03:22:46 +0000

Hi all,

I got a couple of questions regarding the 802.11 mac protocol.

1. Is there a cap on the maximum number of retransmissions. if yes, how many 
attempts?

2. if say suppose, the current transmission fails due to some reasons such 
as unreceived ack reply etc, and has to start a new transmission attempt, 
does the node starts a transmission immediately or it goes into the backoff 
phase?

    Scotts

"Find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life - 
Stefan Sagmeister"

_________________________________________________________________
Keep track of Singapore & Malaysia stock prices. 
http://www.msn.com.sg/money/

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet