Subject: RE: [manet] OLSR: RFC 3626 observations.

From: "Dearlove, Chris (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:52:42 +0000

> This also fixes another problem when TC messages are partial:
> when the first TC message with a larger sequence number is received,
> assuming this TC message is partial, then all of the old tuples with the
> same originator are removed, and you are left with only a partial 
> neighbor set
> until the other partial TC messages with the same sequence number are 
> received,
> which may not happen for several seconds since flooding is not reliable.

I was aware of this one, but didn't discuss it because I was (in this
part of my posting) considering only possible backwardly compatible
changes.

On a related point (definitely not backwardly compatible) merging the
functionality of TC and HNA messages could be considered, HNA messages
having no cancellation property unlike TC messages (even if not quite
perfect).

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet