Subject: [manet] Receiver Centric MANET Protocol

From: "Smith, Nathan (Research)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:32:33 -0500

Hello all,

I'm currently doing a literary search on L4 protocols in a MANET environment
and I came across a paper that discusses the implementation of a
receiver-based transport protocol:

@ARTICLE{Hsieh2003,
  author = {H. Hsieh and K. Kim and Y. Zhu and R. Sivakumar},
  title = {A Receiver-Centric Transport Protocol for Mobile Hosts with
Heterogeneous Wireless Interfaces},
  journal = {MobiCom},
  year = {2003},
}

The paper targeted the use of RCP as the wireless "last-hop". I was curious
if there are other receiver-based transport protocols geared specifically
for the MANET environment. Or is there something I'm missing makes these
types of protocols a poor performer in MANET?

  .nathan.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet