Subject: Re: [manet] Glomosim question

From: "Andreas Yankopolus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:25:00 -0500

Justin,

I've done something similar in QualNet, which is the commercial version of GloMoSim. You'll need to write an application within GloMoSim that reads the timestamped data and transmits it when the simulation time matches the data's timestamp. One way to accomplish this is to set timers containing the data to transmit during simulation initialization. You'll obviously want to set each timer on the node that will transmit that particular packet.

Suppose your trace has two packets: a 500-byte packet from A to C at 10s and a 1000-byte packet from B to C at 15s. During initialization, you'd set a timer on A for 10s containing the 500-byte packet and C's address and a timer on B containing the 1000-byte packet and C's address. The timers would be received by the new application you've written, and the data associated with each timer used to generate the actual packet for transmission.

Cheers,

Andreas

>>> "Justin" <[email-masked]> 11/25/03 12:09PM >>>
Hello, I am researching in the area of wireless sensor networks.  I have
an ad hoc hardware Development Kit that I can use to gather data from
various sensors.  Inside of Glomosim, is there a way that I can inject
this real raw data that has been collected from a network into the
simulator?  Then analyze how system (e.g. Execution time using various
routing and Mac layer techniques).  Or is there no way to simulate this
using Glomosim?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day,

Justin

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet