Subject: Re: [manet] Local Recovery of AODV

From: "Sukanta K. Hazra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:00:56 +0800

> I was using ns2.1b8a to simulate of the peformance of AODV with and without 
> local recovery. it is expected that AODV with local recovery should 
> outperform AODV without. however, our simulation results shows that the 
> local recovery decreased the performance of AODV. our simulation scenario 
> is map of 2000mx1600m, node number=100, transmission range of 350, random 
> way point with medium mobility.
> 
> anyone know that reason that local recovery decreased the performance of 
> AODV?

By performance you mean the throughput, delay or? In our simulations
on similar scenario, in Glomosim, the average end-to-end delay
increased when local recovery is used. On the other hand, the throughput
remains almost the same. The average end-to-end delay increased due to
an increase in the average path length.

- Sukanta

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "genping liu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:32:46 +0800

hi,

I was using ns2.1b8a to simulate of the peformance of AODV with and without 
local recovery. it is expected that AODV with local recovery should 
outperform AODV without. however, our simulation results shows that the 
local recovery decreased the performance of AODV. our simulation scenario is 
map of 2000mx1600m, node number=100, transmission range of 350, random way 
point with medium mobility.

Thanks

Rdgs
Genping

_________________________________________________________________
Keep track of Singapore & Malaysia stock prices. 
http://www.msn.com.sg/money/