Subject: [manet] Internet Draft for LUNAR -00

From: Christian Tschudin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:13:58 +0100 (MET)

LUNAR and its implementation was first announced on this
list on Dec 6, 2001, more than two years ago. Now there
is an Internet Draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschudin-manet-lunar-00.txt

Abstract:

The Lightweight Underlay Network Ad hoc Routing (LUNAR)
Protocol is intended for use by mobile nodes in small size
wireless ad hoc networks. LUNAR operates at layer 2.5. It
emulates a single-hop IP subnet with unicast as well as
broadcast communication primitives. DHCP and ARP messages
are intercepted and serve as hooks for self-configuration
of IP addresses as well as the mapping of IP addresses to
the underlying layer 2.5 multihop routes.

LUNAR's Roadmap:

My goal is to complete this ID within one year such that
we have:

- a single document

- not more than 30 pages

- which contains *all* info (e.g., including WiFi settings)
  needed for producing a self-configuring implementation
  that works out of the box.

LUNAR shall become a pragmatic ad hoc routing solution that
is simple and small in every way: specs, implementation and
operation.

Looking forward to reading your comments!

Best, christian.

PS: Sources (lnx, win, ns2) will be released in three weeks.

ACK: Richard Gold, Evgeny Osipov, Olof Rensfelt, David Rosen
  and Oskar Wibling have substantially contributed to LUNAR.

---
Christian Tschudin, University of Basel       http://cn.cs.unibas.ch/
Computer Science Dept, Bernoullistr. 16, CH - 4056 Basel, Switzerland

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: DANIEL BYRNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:27:53 -0600

The document has so far been indispensible in our work.  However, my collegue has a foggy view of how the RREP messages work.  He suggests that you provide a RREP example just like you provided a RREQ example in the internet draft text.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Christian Tschudin
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 4:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Oskar Wibling; Olof
Rensfelt
Subject: [manet] Internet Draft for LUNAR -00

Abstract:

LUNAR's Roadmap:

- a single document

- not more than 30 pages

Best, christian.

---