Subject: [manet] GPSR - Perimeter mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:36:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have looked into GPSR and I seem to have missed a point
in the perimeter mode forwarding:

I understand it the following way:
When a packet enters perimeter mode at node x, destined to node d,
its starts to forward by the right hand rule. GPSR determines
whether the edge to the next hop n intersects the line from x to d,
and if so, the packet is forwarded along the next edge bordering the
point that is intersected by line x to d.
As soon as it reaches a node closer to destination d than x, it goes
back into the greedy mode.

My problem is:
If a packet in perimeter mode reached a node, which borders an edge
that intersects line x to d, it would return to greedy mode since
the node is bound to be closer to d than x is.
Thus the whole idea of checking if the edge intersects line x to d
makes no sence.
(Unless of course if you use perimeter mode all the way from source
to destination, which clearly is not the idea.)

Regards

Mark Müllertz

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Hannes Stratil <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:56:29 +0200

Hi Mark,

Your observation is correct!
It does not make sense, if the planar subgraph is a Gabriel Graph or a 
Relative Neighborhood Graph.

Kind Regards,
Hannes