Subject: [manet] data replication in MANET

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:29:16 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm a new research student focusing on data replication in MANET. I may work on improving data accessibility and maintaining data consistency through replication in MANET. I would like to know if anyone is doing related work in this area or know of any good sources of information.

Thanks

Regards

sally Han

1

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Mukesh Hira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

Check out the MONET research group at UIUC
(http://cairo.cs.uiuc.edu/adhoc/accessibility/)

- Mukesh

---

From: Takahiro Hara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:33:59 +0900

Hello Sally,

I'm working on the research topic for improving data accessibility 
through replication in MANET.
Some of my papers on this topic are listed below:

  T. Hara, ``Effective replica allocation in ad hoc networks for 
  improving data accessibility,'' Proc. IEEE Infocom 2001, 
  pp.1568-1576, 2001.

  T. Hara, ``Replica allocation methods in ad hoc networks with data 
  update,'' ACM-Kluwer Journal on Mobile Networks and Applications, 
  Vol.8, No.4, pp.343-354, 2003.

  T. Hara and S.K. Madria, ``Dynamic data replication schemes for 
  mobile ad-hoc network based on aperiodic updates,'' Proc. Int'l Conf.
  on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2004), 
  pp.869-881, 2004. 

  T. Hara, N. Murakami, and S. Nishio: ``Replica Allocation for 
  Correlated Data Items in Ad-Hoc Sensor Networks,'' ACM SIGMOD Record,
  Vol.33, No.1, pp.38-43, 2004.

  H. Hayashi, T. Hara, and S. Nishio, ``Cache Invalidation for Updated 
  Data in Ad Hoc Net-works,'' Proc. Int'l Conf. on Cooperative 
  Information Systems (CoopIS'03), pp.516-535, 2003.

Also, there are several other related works on improving data 
accessibility and maintaining data consistency in MANET:

  G. Cao, L. Yin, C.R. Das, ``Cooperative Cache-Based Data Access in 
  Ad Hoc Networks,'' IEEE Computer Magagine, Vol.37, No.2, pp. 32-39, 
  2004.

  L.D. Fife and L. Gruenwald, ``Research issues for data communication 
  in mobile ad-hoc network database systems,'' ACM SIGMOD Record, 
  Vol.32, No.2, pp.42-47, 2003.

  G. Karumanchi, S. Muralidharan, and R. Prakash, ``Information 
  dissemination in partitionable mobile ad hoc networks,'' Proc. 
  Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS'99), pp.4-13, 1999.

  J. Luo, J.P. Hubaux, and P. Eugster, ``PAN: Providing reliable 
  storage in mobile ad hoc networks with probabilistic quorum 
  systems,'' Proc. ACM MobiHoc 2003, pp.1-12, 2003.

  K. Rothermel, C. Becker, and J. Hahner, ``Consistent update 
  diffusion in mobile ad hoc networks,'' Technical Report 2002/04, 
  Computer Science Department, University of Stuttgart, 2002.

  F. Sailhan and V. Issarny, ``Cooperative caching in ad hoc 
  networks,'' Proc. Int'l Conf. on Mobile Data Management (MDM'03), 
  pp.13-28, 2003.

  K. Wang and B. Li, ``Efficient and guaranteed service coverage in 
  partitionable mobile ad-hoc networks,'' Proc. IEEE Infocom'02, Vol.2,
  pp.1089-1098, 2002.

I am glad if this information helps you.

---------------------
Dr. Takahiro Hara
Dept. of Multimedia Eng, 
Grad. Sch. of Information Science and Tech., 
Osaka University