Subject: [manet] Consideration of a wired link in an ad-hoc network

From: 1339 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 15:50:42 +0500

Hi,

I was just wondering if there is any routing protocol for ad-hoc that
considers a link having wired network network in between.

For example I have two nodes connected to each other via ethernet link. both
of them also have wirless cards. They may communicate with each other using
ad-hoc network as well as the wired link. If they are intermediate nodes of
two other nodes (of ad-hoc), priority of routing should be given through
wired link, not the ad-hoc link. Any routing protocol/scheme that does it?

Regards,
Shakeel Farooq
Undergrad Student,
National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences
Lahore, Pakistan

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 07:44:23 -0700

AODV is built to handle multiple interfaces. Since nodes only process
the first RREQ they receive for particular SRC, RREQ_ID pair, if a node
receives a RREQ via wired and wireless link. Since the wired link is
faster, the node will likely use the wired link instead the wireless
link.

We have proposed an additional mechanism to further bias selected
routing paths to use preferred (wired) links. Additional details can be
found in our paper "Transparent Influence of Path Selection in
Heterogeneous Ad hoc Networks", available at
http;//moment.cs.ucsb.edu/publications.

Ian Chakeres

---

From: "John A. Stine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 19:50:40 -0400

See http://www.mitre.org/work/tech_transfer/mobilemesh/

and the border discovery protocol.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 1339
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 6:51 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [manet] Consideration of a wired link in an ad-hoc network

Hi,

Regards,
Shakeel Farooq
Undergrad Student,