Subject: [manet] CFP: Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks Workshop (SASN 2004)

From: Vipin Swarup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:48:36 -0400

=====================================================================

2004 ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN 2004)

To be held in conjunction with the 11th ACM Conference on Computer and
		       Communications Security
	 October 25, 2004, Wyndham City Hotel, Washington, DC
		       Sponsored by ACM SIGSAC
		      http://www.cs.gmu.edu/sasn

			   CALL FOR PAPERS

Ad hoc and sensor networks are expected to become an integral part of
the future computing landscape.  However, these networks introduce new
security challenges due to their dynamic topology, severe resource
constraints, and absence of a trusted infrastructure.  SASN 2004 seeks
submissions from academia and industry presenting novel research on
all aspects of security for ad hoc and sensor networks, as well as
experimental studies of fielded systems.  This one-day workshop builds
on the huge success of the first SASN workshop held in Fairfax, VA
(http://www.cs.gmu.edu/sasn/2003).  Submission of papers based on
work-in-progress is encouraged.  Topics of interest include, but are
not limited to, the following as they relate to wireless networks,
mobile ad hoc networks, or sensor networks:

* Security under resource constraints, e.g., energy, bandwidth, memory,
  and computation constraints
* Performance and security tradeoffs
* Secure roaming across administrative domains
* Key management
* Cryptographic protocols
* Authentication and access control
* Trust establishment, negotiation, and management
* Intrusion detection and tolerance
* Secure location services
* Privacy and anonymity
* Secure routing
* Secure MAC protocols
* Denial of service
* Prevention of traffic analysis

Submission Instructions:

Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have
been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a
conference with proceedings.  Papers should be at most 15 pages
excluding the bibliography and well-marked appendices, using at least
11-point font and reasonable margins on US letter-size paper (8.5 inch
x 11 inch).  Committee members are not required to read the
appendices, and so submissions should be intelligible without them.
Each submission should start with the title, abstract, and names and
contact information of authors.  The introduction should give
background and summarize the contributions of the paper at a level
appropriate for a non-specialist reader.

All paper submissions will be handled electronically.  Papers must be
submitted in PDF or portable PostScript format and must be received by
the deadline of July 2, 2004.  Instructions for electronic submission
of papers will be posted at:
http://www.cs.gmu.edu/sasn/submissions.html

Conference proceedings will be published by the ACM and made available
at the workshop.  Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their
paper will be presented at the workshop.

Important Dates:

Paper submissions due:		July 2, 2004
Acceptance notifications:	August 19, 2004
Camera-ready papers due:	September 3, 2004
SASN Workshop:			October 25, 2004

Program Co-Chairs:

Sanjeev Setia, George Mason University ([email-masked])
Vipin Swarup, MITRE ([email-masked])

Program Committee:

Wenliang Du, Syracuse University
Virgil Gligor, University of Maryland, College Park
Zygmunt Haas, Cornell University
Rick Han, University of Colorado, Boulder
Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne
Jonathan Katz, University of Maryland, College Park
Wenke Lee, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
Songwu Lu, University of California, Los Angeles
Luigi Mancini, University of Rome
Peng Ning, North Carolina State University
Radha Poovendran, University of Washington, Seattle
Dawn Song, Carnegie Mellon University
Roshan Thomas, Network Associates Inc.
Gene Tsudik, University of California, Irvine
Cliff Wang, U.S. Army Research Office
Ron Watro, BBN Technologies
Dirk Westhoff, NEC Europe 

=====================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet