Subject: [manet] Throughput calculation

From: "C.Rama Krishna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:30:25 +0400 (RET)

For the follwoing network scenario, how to calculate the throughput(node
wise and overall)?

Number of nodes = 50
No. of CBR source-destination pairs = 10
Radio range of each node = 250 meters
Data rate = 2 Mbps
Simulation time = 30 minutes
all CBR sources are Transmitting from 1000s to 1800s of simulation time.

I am using glomosim-2.03.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Rama krishna
IITKGP, India

*****************************************
This Mail is Certified to be Virus Free.
CIC Network Security Group, IIT Kharagpur
*****************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Mukesh Hira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:50:30 -0700 (PDT)

For each source-destination pair, you can get the number of bytes sent by
the source and the number of bytes received by the destination, from the
AppCbrClient and AppCbrServer statistics in the output file produced by
GloMoSim. Dividing the number of bits received by the destination node's
AppCbrServer by the CBR session time (800 sec in your case) will give you
the throughput in bps for this source-destination pair.

Adding the number of bits received by AppCbrServers on all destination
nodes and dividing this sum by 800 sec will give you the aggregate network
throughput in bps.

Hope that helps.

- Mukesh