Subject: [manet] Replication protocol for disaster area

From: Audun Søberg Henriksen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:16:40 +0200

Hi everyone!
I’m writing a master thesis about the use of ad-hoc routing protocols on
PDA’s/laptops used by ancillary workers in disaster areas. The network has
to manage private messages, group messages, and broadcast messages that
should be replicated and stored on all devices. New nodes connecting to the
network should receive all messages sent since the network was established.
The database only need insert operations, because delete and modify are not
allowed (everything should be logged).
 
Does anyone know if there has been any research around this kind of ad-hoc
network?
And what do you think would be the most suitable ad-hoc protocol for this
scenario?

Yours
Audun Søberg Henriksen
Institute of Telematics
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)

---

From: Dario Bottazzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:46:48 +0200

Hi Audun,
    we are working in this scenario.

recently we have published the paper Context-Aware Group Communication in 
Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
http://springerlink.metapress.com/app/home/contribution.asp?wasp=n2v6e33098cqrp4e721h&referrer=parent&backto=issue,4,26;journal,87,1568;linkingpublicationresults,1:105633,1

AGAPE: a location-aware group membership middleware for pervasive computing 
environments (this is tailored to cell-based environemts)
zeus.elet.polimi.it/is-manet/Documenti/pap-deis-18.pdf

for any problem (and to have further references) feel free to contact me
best regards
     dario bottazzi