Subject: [manet] which is the most powerful and RFC compliant AODV implementation

From: "Xavi Mantecón (UPCNet)"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 00:30:41 +0200

Hi,

       I'm an spanish student and I want to test how AODV works in a 
real network. I'm going to make a real test, with some laptops (Fedora 
Core 2/ kernel 2.6) and PDAs (Zaurus/kernel 2.4).

    I'm addressing to you because I would like to know if someone of you 
has already worked with any AODV implementation and if he's fully 
satisfied with it.

     First of all, I would like to know if anybody knows if there is an 
important difference (if I want to study paramaters like bandwith, RTT, 
..) if I use an implementation which modifies the kernel (like Kernel 
AODV), or if it is an application which runs a daemon.

    I would like to test AODV with the standard configuraton (RFC 
compliant) , and then commint some changes in some parameters to see if 
behaviour is better than before, so I would like an "RFC compliant" 
implementation, but easy to modify too (I am not a good programmer, I 
prefer to pass parameter values at the command line...).

    Well, any idea or suggestion will be so useful for me, I'm sure. 
Hope that you don't  get tired of my poor English before you read the 
entire message.

      I am waiting for your ideas. Thank you.

Xavi Mantecón - UPC student

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet