Subject: [manet] (no subject)

From: Nauman Aslam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:11:41 -0300

Hi,

I am new to this discussion group. I am a graduate student and starting my
research in MANETs. After reading through the relevant papers and research
reports it seems that the most of the work done is at the network and MAC
layers and research issues like routing and QoS are probably beaten to death.
However very little have been written on applications.  Almost all of the
papers that I have seen talk about MANETs applications in military, disaster
relief and forest fires. I want to know if there are any existing or potential
commercial applications? How can MANETs improve or add  value in our day-today
life?  I have seen some people talk about interactive classroom or conferences
but why would someone want to run mobile adhoc network in these type of
scenarios?   Is there any related work someone can point the leads to me? I
will greatly appreciate the response in this regard.

Thanks,

NAUMAN ASLAM
----------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet