Subject: [manet] *** announcement: BTnode rev3 Hardware

From: Jan Beutel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:56:36 +0200

Hello all,

We announce the availability of the BTnode rev3 hardware through a
contract manufacturer.

The BTnode is a versatile, autonomous wireless communication and
computing platform based on a Bluetooth radio, a low-power radio and a
microcontroller. It serves as a demonstration and prototyping platform
for research in mobile and ad hoc connected networks (MANETs) and
distributed sensor networks (WSNs). 

Availability: samples Q3/2004, volume Q4/2004
Pricing:      USD 200 for samples, larger quantities upon request
Manufacturer: Art of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Contact:      Phone +41-43-311 77 00
              Fax +41-43-311 77 99
              Email [email-masked]

New features for the BTnode rev3 are a new Zeevo ZV4002 Bluetooth
supporting up to 4 independent Piconets and 7 Slaves and an additional
Chipcon CC1000 low-power radio. The system is built around an Atmel
ATmega128l microcontroller with extended SRAM memory (64+180K), an
integrated battery case for 2x AA and a generic extension connector. 

The low-power radio is the same as used on the Berkeley Mica2 Motes,
making the BTnode rev3 a twin, both of the Mote and the old BTnode. Both
radios can be operated simultaneously or be independently powered off
completely when not in use, considerably reducing the idle power
consumption of the device.

The BTnode hardware can run TinyOS (nesC-programming), or the BTnut
System Software that is based on an Ethernut kernel and allows
cooperative multithreaded applications with standard C programming.

For further information please refer to the documentation site at

http://www.btnode.ethz.ch

where detailed information on the soft and hardware can be found.

regards,

The BTnode development team

-- 

Jan Beutel                                 [email-masked]
Computer Engineering and Networks Laboratory, ETZ G75
ETH Zurich                              +41 1 632 70 32 Phone
Gloriastrasse 35                          +41 1 632 10 35 Fax
CH 8092 Zurich/Switzerland  http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~beutel

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet