Subject: [manet] carrier frequency

From: Leon Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:44:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I was just wondering if someone could give me some
hint on the following questions.

1. There are several channels defined in 802.11. When
different channels are used, are the carrier
frequencies  the same?

2. Is it possible to design a receiver that does not
need to know the carrier frequency in advance? 

Thanks.

- Leon

_______________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today!
http://vote.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Ming Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:50:37 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I am wondering that what kind of information can be shared between
nodes in a MANET. It is quite common that MAC-level information is
shared among neighbors. But can user-level information such as
node location be shared so that improvement can be made based on these
information?

Thanks a lot!

ming

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:08:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I have submitted an individual draft, which focuses on QoS in ad hoc
networks using OLSR (QOLSR). This draft presents a simple version of
QOLSR. Admission control and reservation mechanisms under multiple
interfaces will be integrated in next versions.

Any comments on the subject are welcome.

draft URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-qolsr-00.txt

Hakim.