Subject: [manet] Final Call -Journal Special issue of WCMC

From: Yang Xiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:20:12 -0700 (PDT)

Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing 
Special Issue Announcement 
 
Mobility, Paging and Quality of Service Management for Future Wireless
Networks

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Editors

Yang Xiao, The University of Memphis, USA
E-mail: [email-masked]

Yi Pan, Georgia State University, USA
E-mail: [email-masked]

Kin K. Leung, Bell Labs, Lucent Technologies, USA
E-mail: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently, the demand for wireless communications has grown
tremendously. The need for "information anywhere anytime" has been a
driving force for the increasing growth and advances in wireless
communication and portable computing devices. The field of mobile
computing and wireless computing is the merging place of these advances
in information processing and communication with the aim of providing
seamless and ubiquitous computing environment for mobile users.
Location management, mobility management, and paging management are
critical issues to provide "information anywhere anytime." Furthermore,
requested information and services have to be delivered to mobile users
with adequate quality of service (QoS). Ensuring expected QoS is still
a big challenge, especially in light of user mobility and environments
with heterogeneous wireless networks such as 3G/4G network, wireless
LAN and ad hoc network.

The purpose of the special issue is to focus on the novel ways in which
location, mobility, paging and QoS management schemes for cellular
networks, mobile IP, wireless LANs and ad hoc networks. Specific areas
of interest include (but are not limited to):

Location and mobility management for cellular networks, mobile IP, IEEE
802.11 wireless LANs, and mobile ad hoc networks. 
Location and mobility models for future wireless networks 
Paging management for cellular networks and mobile IP 
Algorithms, designs and protocols for quality of service in future
wireless networks 
Integration of location management and quality of service for wireless
networks 
Integration of 3G and IEEE 802.11 wireless LANs 
Resource management and control algorithms for multimedia applications 
Performance model and analysis of management algorithms and protocols 

The manuscripts should be submitted as an e-mail attachment in PDF
format to Yang Xiao at [email-masked]. If the file is larger than
1MB, the authors are encouraged to use WINZIP. Detailed instructions to
authors can be found in:
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jabout/76507157/ForAuthors.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule:

·        Submission deadline: November 1, 2004 

·        Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2005

·        Submission of final version: April 15, 2005

·        Publication of special issue: Second half of 2005 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet