Subject: [manet] AODV : receiving and forwarding route replies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:18:18 +0200

Hi all,

As it is described in RFC 3561, AODV incorrectly handles RREP forwarding
when route reply by intermediate nodes is not activated.
Let's consider the following network :

S1 --- S2 --- S3 --- S4

First, S2 establishes a route to S4.
Then S1 wants to do the same thing. If intermediate node reply is not
activated, the route research reaches S4, that sends a RREP back to S1.
Nevertheless, in section 6.7 of RFC 3561 a node forwards a RREP only if a
forward route (to the destination) has been updated (or created). As this is
not the case here, the RREP is not forwarded and the route to S4 is never
established on S1.

Any comment ?

	Raphaël

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Yann -EADS-" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:01:55 +0200

Hello,

I guess that the forward route is actually updated upon receiving the RREP. 
In my mind, the sequence number received by S2 is greater than the one which 
created its route to S4. And if this route is updated, it fowards the RREP 
to S1.

Am I wrong ?

>From: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [manet] AODV : receiving and forwarding route replies
>Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:18:18 +0200
>
>Hi all,
>

_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail : bientôt 250 Mo de stockage ! 
http://www.imagine-msn.com/hotmail/fr-fr/