Subject: [manet] DYMO Internet draft question

From: Sonny Rajagopalan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:02:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I went through the Internet draft on DYMO at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dymo-00.txt. It made
for very interesting reading. However, I had a couple of questions on the
draft.

In the draft, the authors mention DYMO "offers quick adaptation to dynamic
conditions, low processing and memory overhead..."

I was wondering what aspect of DYMO makes it more adaptive. Also, how do
the authors define the word "adaptive," and exactly what "dynamic
conditions" do the authors refer to? Specifically, does DYMO adapt to
mobility, topology change, increased collisions, congestion etc.? If so,
how does DYMO adapt to each problem? For example, exactly how is
congestion detected, and how does DYMO adapt to congestion? Does anyone
know of a paper discussing these aspects of DYMO?

Please let me know. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sonny.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet