Subject: [manet] IWWAN 2005 - London 23-26 May 2005 - Call for Papers on Ad Hoc & Sensor Networks

From: "Kostas Voulgaris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:08:33 -0000

Dear Colleagues,

The 2005 International Workshop on Wireless Ad-hoc Networks is an ideal
opportunity to network and present latest results in the vibrant area of ad
hoc and sensor networks. This year's attendees are comprised of high-profile
professionals and academics from the US, Asia, Australia and Europe. The
workshop will be held in London from Monday 23rd - Thursday 26th May 2005.
For details, please, consult http://www.ctr.kcl.ac.uk/IWWAN2005.  

Developing from the first successful event in Oulu in 2004, IWWAN 2005 will
highlight the growing applications and power of ad-hoc and sensor networks
in achieving ubiquitous, pervasive communications in next generation
networks. The workshop will focus on the increasing importance of ad-hoc
architectures in next generation networks including interoperation with
fixed and cellular networks. The list of topics will include:

Theory:

- Information theory for wireless ad-hoc networks

- Performance bounds, capacity limits

- Multiple access and capacity analysis

- Capacity of multi-hop networks

- Routing strategies in multi-hop networks

- Throughput and delay analysis

- Heterogeneous wireless networks

- Clustering and cooperative strategies

- Networks for survivability

- Power optimisation strategies

- Sensor networks

- Antenna & propagation issues

Applications:

- Positioning and location estimation

- Performance of Mobile IPV6

- 802.11 and Bluetooth networks

- Interoperation with fixed / cellular networks

- Ad-hoc wireless extensions to the Internet

- UWB networks

- Test-bed performance

- Tools for system analysis

- Pervasive / ubiquitous systems

- Implementation issues

- "Value added" services

The schedule is as follows:

.     Monday 23rd May   - Tutorials

.     Tuesday 24th      - Regular Sessions

.     Wednesday 25th    - Regular Sessions

.     Thursday 26th     - EU Cluster Day

The Cluster Day on Thursday 26th May will include input from 5th and 6th
Framework projects including BETSY, ROMANTIK, PULSERS and EYES. If you wish
to present research conducted within Europe, America, Asia or Australia,
please, contact the technical co-chairs.

Important dates are:

.     Submission deadline           - 8 March 2005

.     Notification of acceptance:   - 11 April 2005

Submission procedures are specified in http://www.ctr.kcl.ac.uk/IWWAN2005. 

Best wishes

Dr. Ian Oppermann 

IWWAN Technical Chairman

Director, CWC

University of Oulu, Finland

Mobile: +358 407 076 344

Fax:   +358 8 553 2845

http://www.cwc.oulu.fi/home  

Dr. Mischa Dohler 

IWWAN Technical Chairman

Lecturer, CTR

King's College London, UK

Phone:+44 207 848 2390

Fax: +44 207 848 2664

http://www.ctr.kcl.ac.uk <http://www.ctr.kcl.ac.uk/>  

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet