Subject: [manet] Deadline Extension (02/10/05) - WICON Workshop on Information Fusion and Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks

From: Hairong Qi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:45:47 -0500

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email]

===========================================================
 WICON Workshop on Information Fusion and Dissemination
 in Wireless Sensor Networks
 July 10 - 14, 2005
 Budapest, Hungary
 http://www.sensorfusion.org
===========================================================

*** Deadline extended to Feb. 10, 2005. ***

Workshop Chair: Dr. Pratik K. Biswas
Penn State University / Applied Research Laboratory (ARL)/ [email-masked] <mailto:mailto:[email-masked]>

The convergence of internet, wireless communications, and information
processing technologies with techniques for miniaturization has opened up
new vistas of research for sensor networks. Emerging technologies for
sensing and pervasive computing have placed sensor networks at the threshold
of a period of major growth. It has extended information fusion and
dissemination in sensor networks from data aggregation, association and
monitoring of interactions among hardware and software entities in
ubiquitous computing environments to intelligent information processing for
the next generation wireless internet. For the emerging hybrid sensor
networks, information fusion can help in the seamless integration of smart
sensors and actuators, devices and capabilities, software and hardware
agents, sensor network applications and sensor nodes, distributed and
collaborative algorithms, different communication technologies, different
networking architectures, etc., all over wireless or wire-line backbones.
The Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2005) has planned a special workshop
devoted to information fusion and dissemination in the broader context of
emerging sensor networks. The aim of this workshop is to provide a focal
point for recent advances in this foundational area of information fusion
and dissemination for sensor networks across different paradigms,
disciplines and technologies. Submitted papers should report new
contributions underpinning fusion of data and knowledge in distributed
sensor networks from various perspectives. Papers will be fully refereed and
accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected
papers from this workshop will also be recommended for possible publication
in Information Fusion, an Elsevier Publication. Topics appropriate for this
workshop include (but are not necessarily restricted to):

. Programmable architectures and infrastructure for sensor networks
. Scalable, adaptive, self-organizing and self-healing architectures for sensor networks
. Multi-sensor, multi-source information networking architectures for sensor networks
. Intelligent, autonomous, seamless, pervasive, multi-sensor information processing over wireless or wire-line internet backbone for distributed sensor networks
. Information fusion and dissemination in mesh networks
. Data collection, compression/decompression and mining strategies in sensor networks
. Distributed database processing in sensor networks
. In-network processing, aggregation and data association in sensor networks
. Transport, Routing, Physical and Link layer protocol development using information fusion
. Cross layer protocol design and development using information fusion
. Energy and mobility management algorithms for sensor networks
. Node localization in sensor networks
. Information fusion for resource allocation and Quality of Service in sensor networks
. Integration of fusion and learning in sensor networks
. Integration of software and hardware agents for sensor network applications
. Service discovery, creation and provisioning for sensor networks through wireless or wire-line internet
. Mechanisms for authenticated, secure communication and data fusion in sensor networks
. Integrated test-beds, experiments, algorithms and measurements
. Real-world sensor network applications addressing fusion of data and knowledge

Authors should prepare the manuscript as per the guidelines for authors
described in the frame under "Submission" at the conference website
(http://www.wicon.org). Manuscript submission should be done electronically
through the conference website.

Deadline for Submission: January 30, 2005 (extended to Feb. 10, 2005)

Workshop Committees

General Chair:
Pratik Biswas (Penn State University /Applied Research Laboratory, USA)

Organizing/Steering Committee:
Buyurman Baykal (Middle East Technical University, Turkey)
Pratik Biswas (Penn State University/Applied Research Laboratory, USA)
Krishnendu Chakraborty (Duke University, USA)
Hairong Qi (University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA)
Yi Zou (Duke University, USA)

Technical Program Committee:
Buyurman Baykal (Middle East Technical University, Turkey)
Christian Bettstetter (DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany)
Steve Buckley (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA)
Andrew Campbell (Columbia University, USA)
Krishnendu Chakraborty (Duke University, USA)
Imrich Chlamtac (Create-Net /University of Trento/ University of Texas at
Dallas, Italy/USA)
Marco Conti (Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT/CNR), Italy)
Belur V. Dasarathy (Information Fusion Consultant, USA)
Suprakash Datta (York, Canada)
Stephen Hailes (University College London, UK)
Jennifer Hou (University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA)
Dinesh Kumar (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia)
Subrata Mazumdar (Avaya Labs, USA)
Frank Mueller (North Carolina State University at Raleigh, USA)
Yuji Oie (Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan)
Himanshu Pota (University of New South Wales, Australia)
Hairong Qi (University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA)
Nageswara Rao (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA)
Csaba Szabo (Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary)
Jie Wu (Florida Atlantic University, USA)
Yanyong Zhang (Rutgers University, USA)
Taieb Znati (University of Pittsburgh, USA)

-- 
Hairong Qi, Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996
Tel: 865-974-8527, Fax: 865-974-5483
http://panda.ece.utk.edu/~hqi

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet