Subject: RE: [MANET-AUTOCONF] Re: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-dymo -00.txt

From: DANIEL BYRNE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:27:08 -0600

>But as Ryuji states in Section 2.1, can we see a MANET as a unique layer 
>2 segment ? I know this is not the WG consensus, but it's a very viable 
>assumption. In particular, usual IPv6 operations can be re-used without 
>modifications since we emulate a broadcast link. Autoconf, neighbor 
>discovery, DAD, everything can be used straightforward. An example is 
>the LUNAR protocol (see http://core.it.uu.se/adhoc), which sits below IP 
>and fools the IP layer by emulating the behavior of a LAN.
>  
>
What I love about the LUNAR protocol is that it frees the software from
having to deal with the complexities of AD Hoc routing by creating virtual
tunnels, or linked lists.  The current node needs only to know the next hop.
At that point Ad-Hoc rounting becomes a simple lookup table which can be
implemented in hardware with a SDRAM buffer perhaps on the WiFi card itself.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet