Subject: [manet] Study on flooding optimization

From: Philippe Jacquet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:33:00 +0200

Hi all,

We have recently studied some fundamental issues about optimized 
flooding in MANETs. In particular, we have compared various optimized 
flooding techniques, such as self-selected CDS (for instance: wireless 
backbones) and self-pruning CDS (for example: MPR flooding). We have 
investigated the effects of mobility and transmission errors on the 
performance of these different mechanisms. The results of this study are 
applicable to MANET protocol design, including wireless OSPF. This study 
was published in the following research report:

http://www.inria.fr/rrrt/rr-5609.html

ABSTRACT:
In this paper we investigate the effects of mobility, collisions and 
obsolete information on the performance of connected dominating set 
(CDS). In particular we show that self-pruning CDS, such as multipoint 
relay (MPR - as in OLSR), are in general more robust than self-selected 
CDS. This is particularly crucial in applications such as wireless OSPF, 
where third party topology information may experience arbitrary delay.

Best regards,
Philippe

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet