Subject: [manet] CFP: 1st ACM Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and Performance Modeling

From: "Antonio Alfredo F. Loureiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:41:32 -0300 (BRT)

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

===========================================================================
			   CALL FOR PAPERS

1st ACM Workshop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and Performance Modeling
			     (WMuNeP '05)

		     Thursday, October 13th, 2005
		       Montreal, Quebec, Canada

	   http://www2.dcc.ufmg.br/~loureiro/wmunep05.html
===========================================================================

To be held in conjunction with ACM MSWiM'05 <http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2005/>

Best papers will be selected for the Journal of Pervasive Computing and
Communications.

Sponsored by: ACM
In cooperation with: IEEE Computer Society
Supported by: UFMG, Brazil

The demand for wireless multimedia communications thrives in today's
consumer and corporate market. The need to evolve multimedia
applications and services, and their associated protocols for emerging
networks is at a critical point given the proliferation and
integration of wireless systems to intelligent and broadband networks,
mobility of people, data/voice convergence and the integration of
computing and communication in mobile devices.

This workshop is devoted to cover different aspects of wireless
multimedia networking and performance modeling for WLANs, WPANs,
WMANs, WWANs, MANETs and sensor networks such as wireless video and
wireless streaming, systematic design methodologies, algorithms,
synchronization, analysis and performance modeling. The workshop will
provide a forum for researchers and practitioners to present their
contributions related to the above high-level aspects.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):

    * Wireless multimedia network management
    * Wireless multimedia traffic modeling
    * Middleware and reflective systems support for wireless multimedia
    * Proxy-based systems for video transcoding and content distribution
    * Performance modeling, monitoring and evaluation of wireless
      multimedia networks and systems
    * Multipoint, multicast wireless multimedia services
    * Deployment of wireless multimedia applications, services and networks
    * Protocols for wireless multimedia networks
    * QoS in wireless multimedia networks
    * Integration of wireless multimedia networks to broadband networks
    * End-to-end IP multimedia wireless communications
    * Coding and transmission for wireless multimedia networks
    * Distributed wireless multimedia services
    * Content-based wireless multimedia information retrieval tools
    * Video, streaming, real-time wireless multimedia communications and
      applications
    * Security in wireless multimedia networks
    * Wireless multimedia right protection and watermarking
    * Pricing mechanisms for wireless multimedia networks
    * E-Commerce and related applications for wireless multimedia networks
    * Multimedia evaluation and processing for wireless networks
    * Cross layer design for wireless multimedia networks
    * Analytical modeling of wireless multimedia networks
    * Software tools for system performance and evaluation of wireless
      multimedia networks
    * Performance comparison of wireless multimedia networks
    * Case studies showing the role of evaluation in the design of systems

Important Dates:

Submission deadline: 	        July 20th, 2005
Notification of acceptance: 	August 20th, 2005
Camera ready papers: 	        September 30th, 2005

Paper Submission Instructions:

Authors are invited to submit research contributions representing
original, previously unpublished work. Submitted papers will be
carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical
soundness, and clarity of exposition. All papers will be refereed by
at least three members of the program committee. Please direct any
questions about the paper submission process to the Program Co-Chairs.
Please submit your manuscript to loureiro AT dcc.ufmg.br

Paper length should be no more than 20 pages, single column, double
spaced, including tables and figures, and no less than 11pt fonts
single or double side. No paper templates are provided in this
phase. Authors should prepare a PostScript or Portable Document Format
(PDF) version of their paper.

Accepted papers will be published by ACM Press, as proceedings of the
WMuNeP. At least one listed author on the final paper must register
for and attend the workshop to present his/her paper.

Venue:

The 2005 ACM Workhop on Wireless Multimedia Networking and Performance
Modeling (WMuNeP '05) will take place in Montreal, October 13, 2005,
co-located with ACM MSWiM '05 <http://www.cs.unibo.it/mswim2005/>.

For more information see for instance
http://www.montreal.com/tourism/general.html

Workshop Co-Chairs:

Antonio A.F. Loureiro, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Email: loureiro AT dcc.ufmg.br

Weihua Zhuang, University of Waterloo, Canada
wzhuang AT bbcr.uwaterloo.ca

Program Committee:

* Hussein Alnuweiri, University of British Columbia, Canada
* Rossana Andrade, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
* Regina Araujo, Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil
* Nazim Agoulmine, University of Evry, France
* Raffaele Bruno, CNR, Italy
* Hsiao-Hwa Chen, National Sun Yat-Sen Univ., Taiwan
* Zihua Guo, Lenovo Corporate R&D, China
* Anna Hac, University of Hawaii, USA
* Hossam Hassanein, Queens University, Canada
* Ekram Hossain, University of Manitoba, Canada
* Hai Jiang, University of Waterloo, Canada
* Tho Le-Ngoc, McGill University, Canada
* Victor Leung, University of British Columbia, Canada
* Wei Li, University of Toledo, USA
* Jiangchuan Liu, Simon Fraser University, Canada
* Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France
* Brian Mark, George Mason University, USA
* Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada
* Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni Notare, Barddal University, Brazil
* Linnyer Ruiz, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
* Jianping Pan, NTT MCL, USA
* Yu-Chee Tseng, National Chiao Tung Univ., Taiwan
* Murat Uysal, University of Waterloo, Canada
* Guoliang (Larry) Xue, Arizona State University, USA
* Yang Yang, University College London, UK
* Junshan Zhang, Arizona State University, USA 

Further Information:

For any further questions or inquiries please contact:

Antonio A.F. Loureiro
Department of Computer Science
Federal University of Minas Gerais
Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
E-mail: loureiro AT dcc.ufmg.br
Tel: +55-31-3499-5860
Fax: +55-31-3499-5858

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet