Subject: [manet] OLSR report from wth

From: Laurent Dehoey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:44:45 +0200

Hello every body

At that address,
http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/OLSR_Experiences_Notes, you"ll
find some feeback from international OLSR users at wth, Liempde,
Nederlands creating real life mobile ad hoc networks.

Although a lot of this guys are using a somewhat non rfc3626 compliant
version of OLSRv1 in order to estimate link quality at level 3 for
metric calculation, they suffer the same problems as everybody else when
trying to use IEEE802.11b/g in adhoc mode at the PHY/LINK layer : IBSS
SPLIT. That is, for a very same chosen IBSS name and a very same chosen
channel, some cards instead of joining the pre-existing IBSSID
randomized created by the first ad hoc node in the IBSS/Chan, they
generate a new one creating several disconnected networks composed of
several nodes at the best case or totaly isolated singleton networks at
the worst.

Old news.

What's new is that the opensource community *may* have a solution : not
letting the card generating  a new IBSSID but instead forcing it to use
an assigned one.
Good news too : olsr works in real life :
http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/User:Lolo#sunday_the_31th_morning
to be continued... ;-)

LD

PS : As a lot of these guys are not member of the MANET mailling, you
should questions and make comment on the wth wiki itself :
http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/Wireless_Village
http://wiki.whatthehack.org/index.php/Olsr

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet