Subject: [manet] Internet draft on Simplified Multicast Relay and Forwarding [SMURF] (a low-congestion flooding algorithm)

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:39:48 -0700

Hello folks,

I have requested publication of an individual draft submission
that specifies a way to create a flooding backbone with
certain nice properties ("SMURF").  Until the draft becomes
available on the usual IETF draft directories, it has been made
accessible at the following URL:
       http://people.nokia.net/charliep/txt/mprf/smurf.txt

Comments are welcome as always.  I hope that this draft
can form the basis of a modular component for flooding that
will be useful by at least DYMO and the new standards track
proactive routing draft.  It could also be useful within the
proposed "autoconf" working group, and for various
service discovery operations.  It is intended to be
compatible with another recently submitted draft:
         draft-perkins-manet-bcast-02.txt.

One detail that I know is wrong with the SMURF draft,
is that Philipppe's address is absent, but this will be repaired
as soon as the IETF blackout period is ended.  Other minor
editorial problems with the draft can, I hope, be overlooked
until that time also.  Certain design decisions remain to be
finalized.  These are indicated as "DISCUSSION" items
within the text, and comments on these points will be
especially welcome.

Regards,
Charlie P.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet