Subject: [manet] CFP : 3rd International Workshop on Mobile Peer to Peer Computing MP2P 06, in conjunction with the 4th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications PerCom 06

From: Li Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:59:05 -0400

(We apologize if you have received multiple copies)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Call-for-Paper

3rd International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P'06)

http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/mp2p2006

Pisa, Italy, March 17, 2006

In conjunction with the 4th IEEE International Conference on

Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom’06)

http://www.percom.org/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peer-to-Peer (P2P) computing is a networking and distributed computing
paradigm which allows the sharing of computing resources and services by
direct, symmetric interaction between computers. The advance in mobile
wireless communication technology and the increasing number of mobile
users, extend the arena of P2P computing to encompass mobile devices and
wireless networks. The special characteristics of mobile environments,
such as highly variable connectivity, disconnection, location-dependency,
resource constraints, and diversity in wireless networks as well as
carrier-grade performance requirements bring new challenges for research
in mobile P2P computing.

MP2P’06 is intended to serve as a continuing forum for scientists and
engineers in academia and industry to exchange and discuss their
experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of mobile
P2P computing. It will address the challenges, technologies, and
architectures leading to real-world solutions that provide users with
direct access and control of their critical peer-based information and
services, regardless of

location or device. The principal theme of MP2P’06 is the development of
protocols,

systems and architectures of mobile P2P architectures and the evaluation
of their performance.

Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:

- Architecture and platforms for mobile P2P computing

- Measurement studies on mobile P2P systems

- Performance of mobile P2P services

- Resource and service discovery in mobile P2P computing

- Resource exchange mechanisms in mobile P2P application

- Mobile P2P over different kinds of bearer services: 2.5/3G (GPRS/UMTS)
/ 802.11 (WLAN)

- Mobile P2P & operator/provider requirements

- Reliability and carrier-gradeness of mobile P2P services

- Mobile P2P & fixed P2P system interworking

- Issues of combining P2P services with mobility (mobile IP / MANET)

- Peer access and control in mobile environment

- Location dependent mobile P2P services

- Data exchange and rendering techniques for mobile devices

- Secure communication protocols for mobile P2P computing

- Mobile P2P messaging systems

- Peer-to-peer broadband wireless communications

- Applications of mobile P2P

- Nature-inspired algorithms for mobile P2P computing

- Theoretical issues on mobile information diffusion

- Mobile P2P video games

- Stimulating cooperation in mobile computing

Paper Submission:

-----------------

Papers must be written in English and should not exceed 6 pages in IEEE

proceedings style. Authors MUST submit their papers through the EDAS web

site
(http://www.edas.info/)
in three steps:

* Creation of a personal account on EDAS (if the author does not already
have one)

* Registration of the paper (requiring a short abstract of up to 150
words)

* Upload of the paper. Only in pdf format

Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to
register and present the paper. All submissions will be reviewed and
selected based on their originality of the paper. Accepted papers must be
presented at the workshop and will appear in a combined PerCom 2006
workshop proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press.

Authors that present a system in their paper are highly encouraged to
demonstrate also the system in the demo session of the workshop.

Important Dates:

----------------

Papers due: 5pm EST, September 15, 2005

Notification of acceptance November 15, 2005

Camera-ready papers due December, 2005

Organizing Committee, Program Co-chairs:

----------------------------------------

- Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of
Würzburg, Germany.

- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Berlin, Germany.

- Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, Canada.

- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA

Steering Board

--------------

- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic
University.

- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue
University

- Cecilia Mascolo, Department of Computer Science, University College
London

- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill

Publicity Chair

---------------

Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of Würzburg,
Germany

Program Committee Members (To be confirmed):

--------------------------------------------

- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Germany.

- Christian Bettstetter, DoCoMo Euro-Labs,Germany.

- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic
University.

- Miguel Castro, Microsoft Research Ltd, Great Britain.

- Luca Caviglione, CNIT - University of Genoa Research Unit, University
of Genova, Italy.

- Geoff Coulson, Computing Department, University of Lancaster, UK.

- Eyal de Lara, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto,
Canada.

- Hermann de Meer, Department of Computer Networks & Computer
Communications, University of Passau, Germany.

- Babak Esfandiari, Carleton University, Canada.

- Kevin Fall, Berkeley Research Labs Intel Corporation, USA.

- Stephen Hailes, Department of Computer Science, University College of
London, UK

- Felix Hernandez-Campos, Department of Computer Science, University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA

- Yih-Chun Hu, Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, University
of California, Berkeley, USA

- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue
University

- Valerie Issarny, INRIA, France.

- Thomas Kunz, Dept. of Systems and Comp. Engineering, Carleton
University. Canada.

- Wolfgang Kellerer, DoCoMo DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe,
Germany.

- Eyal de Lara, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto,
Canada

- Karen Lawson, Kodak Ltd. R&D, UK

- Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, Canada.

- Christoph Lindemann, FB Informatik IV, University of Dortmund, Germany.

- Haiyun Luo, Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, USA

- Cecilia Mascolo, Department of Computer Science, University College
London

- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill

- Rudolf Riedi, Department of Statistics, Rice University, USA

- George Roussos, School of Computer Science and Information Systems,
Birkbeck College, University of London, UK

- Shervin Shirmohammadi, School of Information Technology and Engineering
(SITE), University of Ottawa, Canada.

- Apostolos Traganitis, Department of Computer Science, University of
Crete, Greece

- Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of
Würzburg, Germany.

- Ben Zhao, Computer Science Dept., University of California at Santa
Barbara, USA.

For more information, contact:

Dr. Kurt Tutschku, Assistant Professor

University of Wuerzburg

Department of Distributed Systems

Institute of Computer Science

Am Hubland

97074 Wuerzburg

Germany

Tel.: +49-931-8886641

FAX.: +49-931-8886632

mailto:[email-masked]

or

mailto:[email-masked]

http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/tutschku

Li Li, Ph.D

Communications Research Centre, Industry Canada

3701 Carling avenue

P.O. box 11490

Station H, Ottawa,

Ontario, Canada K2H 8S2

Tel: (613) 990-5246

Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet