Subject: [manet] aodv-uu version 0.8.1 - iptable

From: "Azalea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:41:49 +0800

Hi

I have tried the steps suggested by Abdusy Sayrif and Paul. Below are the
results

Solution from Abusy Syarif:
Putting iptables in my gateway "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s
192.168.168.0/24 -o
eth1 -j MASQUERADE"

eth1 because my wireless card is at eth1

But when i execute ./aodvd -i eth1 -l -r  3 i still get this error message
12:40:23.678 packet_input_init: Netlink socket buffer is 131070
12:40:23.678 aodv_socket_init: RAW send socket buffer size set to 131070
12:40:23.679 aodv_socket_init: Receive buffer size set to 131070
12:40:23.679 main: In wait on reboot for 15000 milliseconds. Disable with
"-D".
12:40:23.679 hello_start: Starting to send HELLOs!
12:40:38.685 wait_on_reboot_timeout: Wait on reboot over!!

Solution from Paul:
1. I have check whether ip forwarding is on by executing "cat
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"

result: 0

i turned it on by executing "echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"

however i still get message as above

2. I checked if algorithm add route to the routing table "tail -f
/var/log/aodvd.rtlog"
I was returned with blank line, when i double check the file is an empty
file

I would like to point out that the two nodes are able to ping each other via
the wireless card. Any suggestion please?

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet