Subject: [manet] Deadline extended (Oct 29, 2005): CFP: IEEE Pervasive and Ubiquitous Health Care (UbiCare 2006)

From: Surendar Chandra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:35:14 -0500 (EST)

Due to a large number of requests, the UbiCare'06 has been
extended to October 29th. Notice this is a firm deadline and
no further extension will be granted. We apologize if you 
received multiple copies of this Call for Papers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
			   CALL FOR PAPERS
		  First IEEE International Workshop
	       On Pervasive and Ubiquitous Health Care (UbiCare 2006)

[Held in conjunction with the 4th Annual IEEE International Conference
      on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom  2006)]

			   March 13th, 2006
			     Pisa, Italy

		 URL: http://www.ubicare.cs.pitt.edu/
		SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 29, 2005 (firm)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent technological advances in engineering and communications
technologies have paved the way for a new generation of embedded
wireless devices, promising exciting new possibilities along many
fronts.  Although still in is its infancy, the technology holds great
potential for a significant impact on next generation ubiquitous and
pervasive health care.

The realization of the next generation ubiquitous and pervasive
healthcare systems is a challenging task, as these systems area likely
to involve a complex structure consisting of various devices, ranging
from resource- constrained sensors and actuators to complex multimedia
devices, supporting time critical applications. This is further
compounded by cultural and socio-economical factors that must be
addressed for next generation healthcare systems to be widely diffused
and used.  An understanding of these factors is essential and will
have a direct impact on the system and security models required to
cause users to embrace and adopt this emerging technology.

UbiCare 2006 is intended to serve as a working forum for scientists,
researchers, engineers, practitioners, standard developers and policy
makers to discuss and exchange their experiences, new ideas,
techniques, best practices and research results. The principal theme
of the UbiCare 2006 is the development of high integrity software,
secure protocols, and trustworthy systems, applications and devices
for next generation ubiquitous and pervasive healthcare systems.

Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:

* Enabling technologies for future medical devices and systems;
* Embedded, real-time, networked system infrastructures;
* Robust, verifiable, fault-tolerant networking architectures and protocols;
* Real-time data acquisition, processing and analysis;
* QoS architectures and resource management models;
* Distributed control and sensing of networked wearable and implantable
  medical devices;
* High-confidence, safety-critical middleware infrastructures;
* Assurance and certification of software artifacts and components;
* Model driven development for component-based high-confidence medical
  software and systems; and
* Trust Models for ubiquitous healthcare systems.

A special session will be dedicated to Lab-on-a-Chip, Microfluidics,
Biosensors and Microarrays.

Two types of submissions will be accepted for review in this workshop:

 * Full papers describing original, previously unpublished research
  work, experimental efforts, practical experiences, and industrial
  and commercial developments in ubiquitous and pervasive health care
  and application of sensors technology to health care.

   - Papers with a deep focus on a  specific  discipline  or
   stimulated  by  the synergistic interaction of diverse disciplines
   are encouraged. 
   - Full papers are not to exceed 20 pages, including figures and
   tables.

 * Short papers focusing on future research directions, industry
   challenges and novel approaches in the field of ubiquitous and
   pervasive healthcare systems.  Papers in this category must be
   visionary, innovative and forward-looking.  Short papers are not to
   exceed 5 pages, including figures and tables.

To submit your manuscript, visit the UbiCare 2006 Workshop Management
System (http://www.ubicare.cs.pitt.edu/openconf/openconf.php), click
on "Author" And follow the instructions thereafter.  For information
about formatting style, visit the IEEE Proceedings Author Guidelines
at IEEE proceedings style.

Important Deadlines:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
|Full Paper Submission:     |October 29th, 2005                    |
|Notifications:             |November 24th, 2005                   |
|Camera-ready due date:     |December 21st, 2005                   |
|Workshop date:		    |March 13, 2006			   |
-------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet