Subject: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-smf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
	Author(s)	: J. Macker
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-smf-01.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-10-25
	
This document describes the Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
   protocol that provides a basic IP multicast forwarding capability
   within mobile ad-hoc networks (MANET).  SMF is designed to have
   limited applicability as a forwarding mechanism for multicast packets
   within MANET routing areas.  In addition, it provides mechanisms to
   support interoperability with a connected wired infrastructure.  SMF
   uses a simplified forwarding mechanism that delivers multicast
   packets to all MANET multicast receivers within a MANET routing area.
   The core design does not use group specific information in favor of
   reduced complexity and state maintenance within the mobile topology.
   The design accounts for the unique nature and behavior of MANET
   interfaces and takes advantage of efficient relay set algorithms
   previously designed and applied in the MANET routing control plane.
   This document described the SMF forwarding process in detail and
   describes several efficient relay set algorithms that have been
   implemented in conjunction with SMF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-smf-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet