Subject: [manet] CALL FOR PAPERS AND WORKSHOP PROPOSALS - DAIS 2006

From: "DAIS'06" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:47:04 +0200

------------------------------------------------------------------------

                   CALL FOR PAPERS AND WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

                              6th IFIP WG 6.1
                       International Conference on
             Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems

                                DAIS 2006

                  "From service-oriented architectures
                     to self-managing applications"

                             Bologna, Italy
                            June 13-16, 2006

                   http://www.discotec06.cs.unibo.it/DAIS06/

                     To be held in conjunction with
                     FMOODS 2006  and  Coordination 2006
                       http://discotec06.cs.unibo.it

ABOUT THE CONFERENCE

In recent years, distributed applications have indeed gained a practical
and widely-known footing in everyday computing. Use of new communication
technologies have brought up divergent application areas, including
mobile computing, inter-enterprise collaborations, and ubiquitous
services, just to name a few. New challenges include the need for
service-oriented architectures, autonomous and self-managing systems,
peer-to-peer systems, grid computing, sensor networks, semantic
enhancements, and adaptivity and dynamicity of distribution
constellations.

The DAIS conference series addresses all aspects of distributed
applications, including their design, implementation and operation, the
supporting middleware, appropriate software engineering methodologies
and tools, as well as experimental studies and practice reports.
This time we welcome in particular contributions on architectures,
models, technologies and platforms for interoperable, scalable and
adaptable systems that are related to the latest trends towards service
orientation and self-* properties.

DAIS'06 is the sixth event in a series of successful international
conferences which started in 1997. It will provide a forum for
researchers, application and platform service vendors and users, to
review, discuss and learn about new approaches, trends, concepts and
experiences in the fields of distributed computing. Due to the success
of the predecessor conferences and the emergence of many interesting and
relevant new topics, DAIS has recently switched to a one-year-rhythm.

CONFERENCE THEMES

DAIS'06 solicits high quality papers reporting research results and/or
experience reports. All papers must be original, unpublished, and not
submitted simultaneously for publication elsewhere.

DAIS'06 especially encourages submissions addressing the following
topics:

- novel and innovative applications in the areas of
  * enterprise computing
  * peer-to-peer systems and platforms
  * mobile computing
  * ubiquitous and pervasive computing
  * sensor networks

- distributed application infrastructures
  * service-oriented frameworks, SOA, Web Services
  * component frameworks, such as CORBA Components, J2EE, .NET
  * peer-to-peer computing
  * mobile and wireless computing
  * Grid computing

- software architectures supporting
  * autonomous systems
  * context-awareness
  * reconfiguration and adaptation
  * self-management
  * dependability

- application integration and interoperability
  * enterprise-wide and inter-enterprise integration
  * integration vs. interoperability
  * semantic interoperability and semantic web services

- life-cycle of distributed applications
  * modelling, specifying, monitoring and management
  * model-driven development and testing
  * tuning and re-engineering

- dependability of distributed applications
  * trust and security
  * safety
  * fault-tolerance
  * dependability coordination in SOA

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Submissions must be done electronically as postscript or PDF, using the
Springer LNCS style.
DAIS'06 seeks:
- Full technical papers in no more than 14 pages,
- Work-in-progress papers, describing on-going work and interim results,
  in no more than 6 pages.

Both categories of papers will be reviewed thoroughly by the DAIS'06
Program Committee. Accepted papers will appear in the conference
proceedings published by Springer Verlag in the LNCS series.
More specific guidelines on the preparation of papers can be found on
the conference website.

WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

DAIS'06 invites proposals for half-day or one-day workshops to be held
before the conference on subjects that are related to the conference
themes. Workshops can further investigate relevant research topics in
more depth, or study application areas, or associate to existing or
future networks of experts in industry and academia.

Proposals should include the workshop title, the names and a brief
(200 word) biography for each organiser and an extended summary of the
workshop contents (approximately 1-2 pages). The proposals will be
evaluated by the DAIS'06 steering committee together with invited
experts and local organisers.

IMPORTANT DATES

Abstract submission                           January 10, 2006
Full paper submission:                        January 17, 2006
Work-in-progress papers:                      January 31, 2006
Notification of acceptance:                   March 7, 2006
Camera ready version:                         March 28, 2006
Conference dates:                             June 14-16, 2006

Workshop proposals:                           November 15, 2005
Workshop acceptance notifications:            November 30, 2005
Workshop CFP publication:                     December 15, 2005
Workshop paper submission:                    February 28, 2006
Workshop paper notifications:                 March 30, 2006
Camera ready versions for workshop papers:    April 30, 2006
Workshop dates:                               June 13, 2006

VENUE & EVENT

DAIS'06 will be held in the beautiful city of Bologna, Italy, colocated
with the 8th IFIP Formal Methods for Open Object-Based Distributed
Systems (FMOODS'06) and Coordination'06.
Attendants of DAIS'06 will have the opportunity to attend the sessions
of the two colocated conferences.

Bologna, a historical capital of culture, was founded by the Etruscans
in the VI century B.C. Bologna sits in the southern part of the
historically and gastronomically famous Po River plain, a natural
crossroads in northern Italy. Bologna's location was important not only
for the trading of goods but also for the exchanging of ideas and the
disseminating of culture. The Università di Bologna, founded in 1088 is
the oldest university in the western world.

Bologna is famous for its porticoes. Dating back to the 12th century the
porticoes were used to enlarge houses to support the growing University
community. Today 350,000 people call Bologna their home, of which
100,000 are students. Bologna, Italy's culinary capital, is also famous
for its food. Furthermore, Bologna is surrounded by the famous food/wine
regions of Parma, Modena, and Tuscany.

Bologna is very accessible, being served by an international airport and
one of the main hubs of the Italian railway system. Within easy access
is Florence (1 hour), Milan (1.5 hours), Venice (1.5 hours), Rome
(2.4 hours) and the ubiquitous Italian countryside of Emilia-Romagna
and Tuscany.

ORGANISERS

General chair:
Gianluigi Zavattaro, University of Bologna, Italy

Steering committee:
Lea Kutvonen, University of Helsinki, Finland
Hartmut Koenig, BTU Cottbus, Germany
Kurt Geihs, University of Kassel, Germany
Elie Najm, ENST, Paris, France

PC Chairs:
Frank Eliassen, University of Oslo, Norway
Alberto Montresor, University of Trento, Italy

Publicity chair:
Ketil Lund, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway

Workshop chair: to be appointed

Local arrangements:
to be appointed

Program committee:
N. Alonistioti, University of Athens, Greece
D. Bakken, Washington State University, USA
A. Bartoli, University of Trieste, Italy
Y. Berbers, Yolande, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium  	
A. Beugnard,  ENST-Bretagne, France	
G. Blair, Lancaster University, UK
A. Corsaro, Alenia Marconi System, Italy    	
I. Demeure, ENST, France		
F. Eliassen, University of Oslo, Norway	
P. Felber, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland,
K. Geihs, University of Kassel, Germany	
K. M. Goschka, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
S. Graupner, HP Labs, USA
R. Grønmo,  SINTEF ICT, Norway   		
D. Hagimont, INP Toulouse, France
S. Hallsteinsen, SINTEF ICT, Norway
S. Haridi, SICS, Sweden	
J. Indulska, University of Queensland, Australia		
E. Jul, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK
A. Keller, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, USA		
H. Koenig, BTU Cottbus, Germany		
R. Kroeger, Univeristy of Applied Sciences Wiesbaden, Germany	
H. Krumm, University of Dortmund, Germany	
L. Kutvonen, University of Helsinki, Finland
W. Lamersdorf, University of Hamburg, Germany
C. Linnhof-Popien, University of Munich, Germany
K. Lund, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
R. Meier, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland	
A. Montresor, University of Trento, Italy
E. Najm, ENST, France
R. Oliveira, Universidade do Minho, Portugal
K. Raymond, University of Queensland, Australia
R. Schantz, BBN Technologies, USA
A. Romanovsky, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
W. Schreiner, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria	
T. Senivongse, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
K. Sere, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
J.-B. Stefani, INRIA, France
N. Wang, Tech-X Corporation, USA

--
Ketil Lund
Publicity chair
DAIS'06

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet