Subject: [manet] WiOpt 2006, Boston: extension to Oct 11

From: "Ibrahim Matta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:27:05 -0400

Dear colleagues,

Due to a last-minute burst of submissions and requests for brief
extensions, the WiOpt'06 deadline has been extended to next Tuesday,
October 11, 5pm EST. This is a hard deadline and the EDAS submission
site will be closed at that time. 

Thanks and best regards.

========
CALL FOR PAPERS

WiOpt 2006
4th Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and
Wireless Networks (WiOpt'06) 

Boston, Massachusetts, April 3-7, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
SCOPE
 
The complexity of mobile, ad hoc, and wireless networks requires
thoroughly founded models capturing their essential characteristics and
new optimization techniques building upon such models. Insights into
both the theoretical aspects of these problems as well as practical
methods and tools are necessary. This symposium intends to bring
together researchers and practitioners working on optimization issues
from different perspectives, including performance analysis, mobile
networking, wireless communication, and optimization theory.
Contributions to this conference should show new modeling and
optimization techniques suitable for mobile/wireless networks or
innovative applications of these techniques to improve network
operation. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Modeling techniques and tools for wireless networks

* Performance characterization & optimization of wireless networks

* Wireless network optimization: Applications, algorithms, and tools

* Protocol design for optimal wireless network utilization

* Models and optimization approaches for energy efficiency, QoS,
bandwidth economy and other aspects of wireless networks

* Models and optimization techniques for non-standard network paradigms
like sensor, vehicular, body area networks

* Security and co-operation models for mobile and ad hoc networks

* Pricing and incentives in wireless networks

* Game theoretic techniques for mobile/wireless networks
 
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
 
Papers should be submitted as extended abstracts of up to 8 pages,
single column format; and contain sufficient information to allow for a
detailed review. The final manuscript will be 10 pages in double column
format. Selected papers from WiOpt 2006 will appear in a special issue
of ACM/Kluwer Monet.
 
IMPORTANT DATES
 
Submission deadline: Oct. 11, 2005 (5pm EST) ** NEW HARD DEADLINE **

Notification of acceptance: Dec. 5, 2005 

Camera-ready copy: Jan. 5, 2006

Papers should be submitted in pdf or ps format through the EDAS system
(http://edas.info). For more details, please visit http://www.wiopt.org
 
SPONSORSHIP
------------------
WiOpt is sponsored by Create-net, ICST, Boston University, INRIA, and
Intel, and technically sponsored by the IEEE Information Theory and
Control Systems Societies and IFIP TC6, WG 6.3 (Performance of
Communication Systems).

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet