Subject: [manet] SWAN problem installation

From: Mikica Mitrovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 07:50:59 +0200

Hi,

I am researching QoS in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks and have tried to
extend ns-allinone-2.1b9a package with SWAN software
(http://comet.columbia.edu/swan/index.html ). According to instruction
from SWAN official site I downloaded required ns-2 simulator version,
SWAN source code and follow instruction to install it. At the end of
installation ( after make comand ) I got the following message:

queue/errmodel.o queue/errmodel.cc
queue/errmodel.cc: In member function `virtual int
    PGMErrorModel::corupt(Packet*)':
queue/errmodel.cc:981: `PT_PGM' undeclared (first use this function)
queue/errmodel.cc:981: (Each undeclared identi ier is reported only
once for each
    function it appers in.)
queue/errmodel.cc: In member function `virtual int
    LSMErrorModel::corupt(Packet*)':
queue/errmodel.cc: 1035: `HDR_LMS' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [queue/errmodel.o] Error 1
[mikica@localhost ns-2.1b9a] $

Also when I tried to run stan.tcl script  in swan directory I got
error message. I tried to extend both ns-2.1b9a and newer ns-2.28
version, but the result is the same. I used Redhat 9.0 with gcc 3.2

Did anyone have the same/similar problem? Which files did you modify?
In which files should I 'PT_PGM' and 'HDR_LMS' function declere?

Since I am new in SWAN your help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mikica Mitrovic

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: hq wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 14:20:28 +0800

in common/packet.h
around line 146, find such lines;

#ifdef HAVE_STL
// Pragmatic General Multicast
PT_PGM,
#endif //STL

comment #ifdef and #endif lines, should be able to compile. Hope it helps.

With best wishes
Chris. Wang