Subject: [manet] Call for Book Chapter: Wireless Mesh Networking: Architectures, Protocols and Standards

From: dazhi chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:25:08 -0400 (EDT)

==============================================================================
==
CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTER
http://www.nict.com.sg/zhang/WMNCFP.html

Title
=====
Wireless Mesh Networking: Architectures, Protocols and Standards
(to be published by Auerbach Publications, CRC Press)

Introduction
============
Wireless mesh networks (WMN) is a very new topic and believed to be a
promising technology playing an increasingly important role in the future
generation wireless mobile networks. Standard organizations are actively
calling for specifications for mesh networking, e.g. IEEE 802.11, IEEE
802.15, IEEE 802.16 and IEEE 802.20. WMN is characterized by dynamic
self-organization, self-configuration and self-healing to enable flexible
integration, quick deployment, easy maintenance, low cost, high scalability
and reliable services, and also to enhance the network capacity,
connectivity and throughput in multi-hop ad hoc networks, wireless personal
area networks (PAN), wireless local area networks (LAN), wireless
metropolitan area networks (MAN) and wireless wide area networks (WAN). To
achieve this aim, research efforts have been performed to propose efficient
protocols and programmable configuration. However, due to the inherent
characteristics of WMN, considerable works are still needed to address the
problems from different layers of protocol stack and system implementation.
This is the book providing readers a comprehensive technical guide covering
recent advances and open issues in WMN. The subject is explored with various
key challenges in diverse scenarios as well as emerging standards, including
capacity, connectivity, scalability, routing, medium access control (MAC),
scheduling, congestion, dynamic channel assignment, cross-lay optimization
and security protocols.

Recommended Topics(not limited to)
==================================
Mesh networking in Ad hoc network, Wireless PAN, LAN, MAN and WAN
Mesh networking architecture in converging heterogeneous networks
Multi-radio and multi-channel Wireless Mesh Networking
QoS provisioning in WMN
Directional/smart antenna for routing, MAC protocol design
High-performance scalable single-channel/multi-channel MAC
Routing protocols and scheduling
Dynamic channel assignment algorithms
PHY-MAC-RLC-RRC cross-layer optimization
Techniques for capacity, connectivity and range extension
Mobility management architecture and strategy
Distributed and cooperative algorithms for WMN
Trustworthy networks; authentication, privacy and security models
Fault tolerance, anomaly detection and error recovery schemes
Network controlled mesh
Standardization activities in emerging standards: IEEE 802.11, 802.15,
802.16 mesh, 802.20 mesh
Cognitive network
Frequency-agile radios
Testbed, prototype, practical system for WMN with performance evaluation via
analysis, simulation and experiment

Important Dates
===============
You are invited to submit a 1-2 pages proposal discribing the topic of your
chapter. The proposal should include the chapter organization, number of
pages of the final manuscript and contact authors. Deadline: 1, Dec. 2005
Notification of proposal acceptance/rejection: 15, Dec. 2005
Full chapter submission: 30, Feb. 2006
Notification of chapter acceptance/rejection: 30, Mar. 2006
Final version submission: 30, Apr. 2006

Manuscript Submission
=====================
Set as double-spaced, 1-inch margins; do not embed figures; label
figure files consecutively (Fig001, Fig002, etc.).
Add the figures at the end of the document. Make sure that they all have
captions.
Estimatedly, each chapter should has about 20 pages in the typeset format.

Contact
=======
Please make correspondence and paper submissions to:

Yan ZHANG, Ph.D.
Wireless Communications Lab., National Institute of Information and
Communications Technology, Singapore
Email: [email-masked]

Jijun LUO, Ph.D.
Siemens AG Communications, Future Radio, Germany
Email: [email-masked]

Honglin HU, Ph.D.
Siemens AG Communications, Future Radio, Germany
Email: [email-masked]

----- End forwarded message -----

---------------------------------------------------------
Dazhi Chen
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
371 Link Hall, Syracuse University, Syracuse NY USA 13244
Tel:+(1)-(315)317-5289
Email: [email-masked]  http://web.syr.edu/~dchen02/
---------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet