Subject: RE: [manet] About AODV and other mobile routing network

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:12:01 +0100

> see the following references for unicast routing protocols for Ad Hoc
networks :

*	 C. Perkins, E. Belding-Royer, and S. Das.  Ad hoc On-Demand
	        Distance Vector (AODV) Routing.  Request for Comments
	        (Experimental) 3561, Internet Engineering Task Force,
July 2003. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3561.txt
*	D. Johnson, D. Maltz, and Y. C. Hu.  The Dynamic Source Routing
	        Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR) (work in
progress,
	        draft-ietf-manet-dsr-09.txt).  Internet Draft, Internet
	        Engineering Task Force, April 2003.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03nov/I-D/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-09.txt
*	 T. Clausen and P. Jacquet.  Optimized Link State Routing
	        Protocol OLSR.  Request for Comments (Experimental)
3626, draft-ietf-manet-olsr-11.txt
	        Internet Engineering Task Force, October 2003.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03nov/I-D/draft-ietf-manet-olsr-11.txt
*	I. Chakeres, E. Belding-Royer, and C. Perkins.  Dynamic
	        MANET On-demand (DYMO) Routing (work in progress,
	        draft-ietf-manet-dymo-02.txt).  Internet Draft, Internet
	        Engineering Task Force, June 2005.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/draft-ietf-manet-dymo/draft-ietf-manet-dy
mo-02.txt
*	R. Ogier, F. Templin, and M. Lewis.  Topology Dissemination
	        Based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF) RFC 3684.
Internet Draft, Internet
	        Engineering Task Force, draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-11.txt,
October 2003.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03nov/I-D/draft-ietf-manet-tbrpf-11.txt

Add to that list the other ongoing work in the group,
draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-01.txt
(should be an -02 soon, and at some point should become a
draft-ietf-manet).

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:08:06 +0100

Actually the posted list also was out of date in some places
(DSR version for example) so I've taken the liberty of using
it to put together a list of the group's finished and current
documents. (OK, technically the OLSRv2 draft hasn't been
formally adopted yet, but I'm including it anyway.) Please
let me know if I've made any mistakes.

*  S. Corson and J. Macker. Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET):
   Routing Protocol Performance Issues and Evaluation
   Considerations. Request for Comments (Informational) 2501,
   January 1999. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2501.txt

*  C. Perkins, E. Belding-Royer, and S. Das. Ad hoc On-Demand
   Distance Vector (AODV) Routing. Request for Comments
   (Experimental) 3561, July 2003.
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3561.txt

*  T. Clausen and P. Jacquet. Optimized Link State Routing
   Protocol OLSR. Request for Comments (Experimental) 3626,
   October 2003. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3626.txt

*  R. Ogier, F. Templin, and M. Lewis.  Topology Dissemination
   Based on Reverse-Path Forwarding (TBRPF). Request for
   Comments (Experimental) 3684. February 2004.
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3684.txt

*  D. Johnson, D. Maltz, and Y-C. Hu. The Dynamic Source
   Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR),
   draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt. Internet Draft (work in progress),
   April 2003.
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt

*  I. Chakeres, E. Belding-Royer, and C. Perkins. Dynamic MANET
   On-demand (DYMO) Routing, draft-ietf-manet-dymo-02.txt.
   Internet Draft (work in progress), June 2005.
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dymo-02.txt

*  T. Clausen. The Optimized Link-State Routing Protocol version 2,
   draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-01. Internet Draft (work in progress),
   August 2005.
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-clausen-manet-olsrv2-01.txt

*  J. Macker. Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET,
   draft-ietf-manet-smf-00.txt. Internet Draft (work in progress),
   June 2005.
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-00.txt

---

From: "Dearlove, Christopher \(UK\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:01:44 +0100

Corrected list (DSR date). Found this when someone asked me
(they may have meant to send to the list, I don't know)
about DSR progress. I referred them to the IETF Internet Draft
tracker https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

   July 2004.