Subject: [manet] mLab is available for download

From: Manos Antonakakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:55:25 -0500

Dear all,

The mLab version 1.0 MANET testbed is available for download at
http://csrc.nist.gov/manet/.

mLab is a tool for ad hoc routing protocol and application developers to
bridge the gap between simulations and field testing.  The mLab software
allows users to automatically generate arbitrary logical network topologies
in order to perform real-time performance measurements of routing protocols
or network applications.

The main mLab modules are:
    * A network configuration module with which the user can assign wired
IP, wireless IP and wireless MAC to individual nodes;
    * The mNet module, which is responsible for generating random logical
topologies based on user-defined rules;
    * A malicious node module, where the user can select from a number of
attacks against a network;
    * A network traffic generator, where the user can create simple traffic
between nodes using a number of different protocols (UDP-TCP and ICMP);
    * A network information tool that allows the user to view and set
several options of the wireless network, including signal strength,
wireless network administrative features, wireless adapter hardware, and
software info; and
    * A network sniffing tool, which allows the user to observe all
overheard traffic and apply filters to it.

The mLab hardware requirements are:
         - mLab server: ix86 system with Debian stable, 1 wired interface
(any pci network Ethernet card 10/100) and one wireless (pci to PCMCIA
wireless adapter and PCMCIA wireless network card 802.11 a/b/g).
         - mLab client :
                 o ARM: CerfCube, iPAQ or Zaurus and a compact flash
wireless card 802.11 a/b/g, familiar OS, kernel 2.4.19, hostap wireless
drivers. [For iPAQ and Zaurus you will need USB networking]
                 o ix86: Any desktop or laptop with Linux flavor (rec.
Debian stable), any pci network Ethernet card 10/100, pci to PCMCIA
wireless adapter and PCMCIA wireless network card 802.11 a/b/g.

For all the above devices there are ready kernels and cross tools in order
to help the developers. Feel free to contact Manos Antonakakis for further
details.
mLab can be downloaded at:

http://csrc.nist.gov/manet/

mLab is open-source software under the GNU license. For more information regarding
this project, please contact Manos
Antonakakis ([email-masked]). Comments and
suggestions for adding new features are welcome.

Regards,

Manos Antonakakis

-- 
Manos Antonakakis
National Institute of Standards and Technology,US
Department of Information and Communication Systems Engineering, GR
e-mail:[email-masked] , http://csrc.nist.gov/manet/
Tel: 001-202-285-0909, 001-301-975-5394

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet