Subject: [manet] CFP: WNS2 2006 (organized within VALUETOOLS 2006, Pisa, Italy)

From: "Kejie Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:43:08 -0400

==========================================================

           (We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message)

==========================================================

                                  CALL FOR PAPERS
                                       WNS2
                     Workshop on ns-2: the IP network simulator
                           Pisa, Italy -- October 10, 2006

                                http://www.wns2.org/

SCOPE
-----

In recent years, the ns-2 simulator has become one of the de facto 
standards (if not the standard) for the simulation of packet-switched 
networks, as attested by the number of research papers and IETF documents 
based on it, as well as by the wide scope of the networking technologies 
it handles. It is widely used in both academia and industry as a means of 
designing, testing and evaluating new and existing protocols and 
architectures, and it is also a very useful tool for educational purposes.

The Workshop on ns-2 (WNS2) is a one-day event held in conjunction with 
VALUETOOLS, the First International Conference on Performance Evaluation 
Methodologies and Tools (http://www.valuetools.org/).

The main goals of the WNS2 workshop are: to bring together networking 
researchers from both academia and industry, to discuss recent advances, 
to identify future directions in network simulation, and to foster 
interdisciplinary collaborative research in this area.

The workshop devotes special interest to the future evolution of ns-2, 
and its extension in novel research areas and networking technologies and 
scenarios.

TOPICS OF INTEREST
------------------

This workshop is mainly focused on the simulator in itself. We are 
especially looking for original contributions that go beyond the use of 
ns-2 "as is", and try to make it evolve. The following topics are of 
particular interest:

     - Development of new simulation models and features, especially in, 
but
       not restricted to, the areas of:

         * Mobile networks, 3G and 4G networks, WLANs, WPANs, WiMAX...
         * Delay-tolerant networking.
         * Congestion-control and transport-layer issues in long-fat 
networks.
         * Network mobility (NEMO).
         * Sensor networks.
         * Peer-to-peer systems.
         * Grid computing.

     - Large-scale network simulation and model-based simulation 
approaches.

     - Post-processing tools and GUIs for statistical analysis and 
visualization
       of simulation results.

Other topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

     - Validation of ns-2 behavior with experimentation and real data.

     - Comparative studies of ns-2 and other network simulation tools, 
both
       commercial and freely-available.

     - Parallel and distributed versions of ns-2.

     - Use of ns-2 in teaching networking concepts and techniques.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Submission Deadline: May 20, 2006
Notification of Acceptance: June 20, 2006 Camera-ready Manuscripts due: 
July 10, 2006

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
--------------------

Technical Program Co-chairs:

Tania Jim¨¦nez       (LIA, France)
David Ros           (GET / ENST Bretagne, France)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
-----------------

Eitan Altman        (INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France)
Chadi Barakat       (INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France)
Armando Caro Jr.    (BBN Technologies, USA)
Thierry Ernst       (Keio University, Japan)
Sonia Fahmy         (Purdue University, USA)
Andrei Gurtov       (Helsinki Institute for Information Technology,  
Finland)
Qi He               (IBM, USA)
Polly Huang         (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
Tom Henderson       (Boeing, USA)
Kun-chan Lan        (NICTA, Australia)
Saverio Mascolo     (Politecnico di Bari, Italy)
Nicolas Montavont   (GET / ENST Bretagne, France)
Giorgio Tonella     (USI, Switzerland)
Michael Welzl       (Leopold-Franzens-University of Innsbruck, Austria)
Lloyd Wood          (Cisco, UK)

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
---------------------

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 8 pages in IEEE 
conference proceedings format (double-column, 11-point font size). 
Submissions must be in electronic format (PDF files). More details about 
the submission process will be available on the Workshop web page: 
http://www.wns2.org/ .

Papers accepted for oral presentation, as well as papers accepted as 
posters, will appear in the workshop proceedings that will be distributed 
to participants in the form of a CD-ROM. The proceedings will also be 
available on- line through IEEE on IEEEXplore.

==========================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet