Subject: [manet] Call for Book Chapter: Distributed Antenna Systems: Open Architecture for Future Wireless Communications

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:10:34 +0800

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP
=================================================================

CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTER

Title
=====
Distributed Antenna Systems: Open Architecture for Future Wireless 
Communications
(to be published by Auerbach Publications, CRC Press 
http://www.crcpress.com)

http://www.shrcwc.org/dascfp.html

Introduction
============
The rapid growth in mobile communications leads to an increasing demand for
wideband high data rate communications services. In recent years,
distributed antenna system (DAS) has emerged as a promising candidate for
the future beyond 3G or 4G mobile communications, as illustrated in the
projects such as FRAMES and FuTURE. The architecture of the DAS inherits and
develops the concepts of pico- or micro-cell systems, where multiple
distributed antennas or access points (AP) are connected to and controlled
by a central unit. The DAS has open wireless architecture (OWA), which is
one of the key features of future wireless communication systems. Because of
its open architecture, the DAS could be assigned with new and more flexible
radio resource management, thus outperforms the conventional centralized
wireless communication systems. The distributed antenna techniques are being
intensively studied for cellular system, and especially for the ad hoc and
mesh networks due to the distributed characteristics of the nodes in them.
However, many open topics in the physical layer and especially the
high-efficient protocols for the DAS still need further investigation.

This book will provide readers a comprehensive technical guide covering
fundamentals, recent advances and open issues in distributed antenna system
(DAS). The subject will be explored with various key challenges in diverse
scenarios, including system architecture, channel characteristics,
diversity, capacity, scalability, routing, medium access control,
scheduling, dynamic channel assignment, cross-layer optimization, analysis
technique, simulation and experient, applications and case studies. The
objective of the book is to serve as a valuable reference for students,
educators, scientists, faculty members, researchers, engineers and research
strategists in this rapidly evolving field.

Recommended Topics(not limited to)
=================================
Channel models and fading characteristics
Downlink and uplink capacity study for single/multi-cell
Joint Power allocation/control for DAS
Diversity and spatial multiplexing
Optimal antenna selection schemes for DAS
Signal processing for DAS
Scheduling and channel allocation for DAS
Cooperative diversity protocols
Cross-layer design and optimization
Advanced radio resource management
Hybrid/cooperative transmission for DAS
Virtual cell concept and grouped handoff
Mobility management architecture and strategy
Efficient routing algorithms for DAS
Virtual array and generalized MIMO
Conceptual platform of DAS with open architecture
DAS for next generation cellular system, e.g. UMTS, CDMA-2000, TD-SCDMA
DAS for Wireless PAN, LAN and MAN
DAS for Mobile Ad Hoc Network, Sensor Networks, and Wireless Mesh Networks
DAS for integrated/hybrid/heterogeneous wireless networks

Important Dates
===============
You are invited to submit a 1-2 pages proposal discribing the topic of your
chapter. The proposal should include the chapter organization, number of
pages of the final manuscript and contact authors. Deadline: 15, Mar. 2006
Notification of proposal acceptance: 1, Apr. 2006
Full chapter submission: 15, Jun. 2006
Review report received: 15, July 2006
Final version submission: 15, Aug. 2006

Manuscript Submission
=====================
*Set as double-spaced
*Estimated, each chapter should has about 20 pages in the typeset format;
i.e. about 30-40 pages with double-space format.
*Name figure files consecutively (Fig001.eps, Fig002.eps, etc.). Do not use
descriptive names.
*Do not embed figures; please add all the figures at the end of the
document.
Note: chapter lead author can get a free copy of the book.

Contact
========
Please make correspondence and paper submissions to:

Honglin HU, Ph.D.
Shanghai Research Center for Wireless Communications
Email: hlhu <AT> ieee.org

Yan ZHANG, Ph.D.
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
Email: yanzhang <AT> ieee.org

Jijun LUO, Ph.D.
Siemens AG Communications, Future Radio, Germany
Email: jesse.luo <AT> ieee.org

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:31:09 +0800

CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTER

Title
=====

Introduction
============

Important Dates
===============

Manuscript Submission
=====================
*Set as double-spaced

Contact
========

Honglin HU, Ph.D.

Yan ZHANG, Ph.D.

Jijun LUO, Ph.D.

---

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:29:40 +0800

CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTER

Title
=====

Introduction
============

Important Dates
===============

Manuscript Submission
=====================
*Set as double-spaced

Contact
========

Honglin HU, Ph.D.

Yan ZHANG, Ph.D.

Jijun LUO, Ph.D.