Subject: [manet] mediaWiN 2006 -- Deadline extension

From: Periklis Chatzimisios <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 13:02:22 +0200

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)

Due to many requests, the submission deadline for mediaWiN 2006 Workshop
has been extended to February 8, 2006 (hard deadline).

                  C A L L   F O R   P A P E R S
                  =============================

                        1st Workshop on
           multiMedia Applications over Wireless Networks
                        (MediaWiN 2006)
                 (http://mediaWiN.it.teithe.gr)

                         April 2, 2006
                         Athens, Greece

    In conjunction with 12th European Wireless Conference (EW 2006)
             (http://www.telecom.ece.ntua.gr/EW2006)

Scope
The purpose of the MediaWiN 2006 Workshop is to provide a forum for
presenting and discussing recent advances in multimedia systems,
services and applications over wireless networks. In particular, the
Workshop will bring together leading researchers, industry professionals
and academics from companies, governmental agencies, and universities
around the world to exchange information and new findings as well as to
study the special problems and challenges of the multimedia mobile and
wireless environments.

Topics of Interest
The workshop will only accept for review original papers that have not
been previously published and are not currently under review by another
conference or journal. Topics of particular interest include, but are
not limited to the following:

Quality and Reliability of Wireless Multimedia

     * Providing QoS over wireless networks (Scheduling, Call admission
       Control and Rate control,packetization schemes, prioritization
       schemes)
     * Cross-Layer techniques for multimedia communications over wireless
       networks
     * Provisioning, monitoring, and management of IP services for
       WPANs/WLANs
     * Traffic charging and accounting of integrated systems and services
     * Multimedia support over multi-hop wireless networks (mesh, ad-hoc,
       sensor networks)

Performance Modeling and Analysis of High-speed Wireless PANs and LANs

     * Performance evaluation of multimedia services via analysis,
       simulation and experiments (voice, video, interactive gaming)
     * Design, implementation and testbed/experimental results for
       wireless multimedia systems
     * Energy efficiency in wireless multimedia protocols

Emerging Standards and Technologies for Wireless Multimedia Communications

     * Performance of VoIP, VoD services and related protocols (IPv4,
       IPv6, H.323, SIP,RTP,RTCP)
     * Standardization activities in emerging standards: IEEE 802.11,
       802.15, 802.16
     * New network architectures and management solutions for WLANs (IEEE
       802.11v,CAPWAP)
     * Emerging and visionary multimedia applications for wireless mobile
       networks
     * Authentication and security issues in wireless multimedia systems

Important dates
Submission of research papers:     February 8, 2006  (extended!)
Notification of paper acceptance:  February 25, 2006 (extended!)
Submission of camera-ready papers: March 6, 2006
Workshop date:                     April 2, 2006

Submission Guidelines
We encourage submission of high-quality technical papers reporting
original work and previously unpublished research in the above
theoretical and experimental research areas. Submitted papers must be
submitted to any of the Chairs as a .PDF file and must not exceed 7 A4
pages, double columned, single-spaced format, using 12-point font size.
All submissions must also contain full contact information of the
authors along with an abstract no more than 150 words describing the
presented research content.

Organizing Committee

Workshop Co-Chairs

Periklis Chatzimisios, TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
Vasileios Vitsas, TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece

Program Co-Chairs

Ilenia Tinnirello, University of Palermo, Italy
Andrea Zanella, University of Padova, Italy

Technical Program Committee

Dimitrios Amanatiadis (TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece)
Leonardo Badia (University of Ferrara, Italy)
Frank Ball (Bournemouth University, UK)
Paolo Bellavista (University of Bologna, Italy)
Giuseppe Bianchi (University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy)
Anthony Boucouvalas (Bournemouth University, UK)
David Everitt (University of Sydney, Australia)
Fary Z. Ghassemlooy (Northumbria University, UK)
Fabrizio Granelli (University of Trento, Italy)
Ibrahim Habib (City University of New York, USA)
Pi Huang (Bournemouth University, UK)
Christos Ilioudis (TEI of Larissa, Greece)
Alexandros Kaloxylos (University of Peloponnese, Greece)
Michael Logothetis (University of Patras, Greece)
Vasileios Lourdas (TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece)
Stefan Mangold (Swisscom Innovations, Switzerland)
Ioannis Mavridis (University of Macedonia, Greece)
Georgios Papadimitriou (Aristotle University, Greece)
Kostas Pentikousis (VTT Tech. Research Centre, Finland)
Luca Scalia (University of Palermo, Italy)
Antonio Servetti (Politecnico di Torino, Italy)
Yang Xiao (University of Memphis, USA)
Michele Zorzi (University of Padova, Italy)

-- 
Dr. Periklis Chatzimisios
Researcher in Wireless Communications & Multimedia Networks
Department of Informatics,
TEI of Thessaloniki, GR-574 00
Thessaloniki, Greece

E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://decweb.bournemouth.ac.uk/staff/pchatzimisios
Tel: +30 2310-791604
Fax: +30 2310-791290
URL of Workshop:  http://mediawin.it.teithe.gr/

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet