Subject: [manet] CFP: Personalized Networks'06

From: Martin Jacobsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:02:05 +0100

Please accept our apologies if you received multiple copies
of this call for papers

============================================================ 

   First International Workshop on Personalized Networks
                    http://pernets.org/

              To be held in conjunction with:
   The 3rd Annual International Conference on Mobile and
Ubiquitous Systems: Networks and Services (MOBIQUITOUS 2006)
        July 17-21, 2006 - San Jose, California, USA

============================================================

Important Dates

Paper Submission Deadline:     April 1, 2006
Notification of Acceptance:    May 8, 2006
Camera-Ready Submissions:      May 31, 2006

(Accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings and the IEEE Digital Library)

=============================================================

Purpose of this workshop

The ubiquitous nature of wireless networks has spawned many interesting
applications that were unimagined hitherto. It has also brought many
challenges for the communication and networking community to ponder. On
the one hand, we see present day mobile devices capable of providing
many integrated services that only yesterday required several different
devices. For instance, most cell phones nowadays provide high speed data
access, still and video cameras, PDA functionality, etc. These advances
in device sophistication and service offerings, including wireless
hotspots, have made a difference in the way we communicate. With
increased user mobility and the desire to always be connected, we have
seen a growing interest in Personal Area Networks (PANs) and Body Area
Networks (BANs). These networks can be tuned and applied meaningfully
for individual users and their requirements. On the other hand, the
Internet has changed our way of interacting dramatically. These two
major communication areas are having an in-depth influence on the way we
communicate; it is worth considering them 'together' as the future
communication vehicle.

(Please visit http://pernets.org/ for more information and submission
instructions)

Scope of the submission

We seek original contributions which are aimed at finding solutions to
the problems outlined above towards a Personalized Network. We have
identified the following major topics under which we try to categorize
the submissions. However, we will consider any other original,
interesting, and imaginative ideas and thoughts towards meeting the goal
of a Personalized Network. 

* Addressing and routing 
* Architectural framework of personalized networks 
* Context-aware and application-driven communication substrates 
* Dependability 
* Handling of QoS across heterogeneous and dynamically changing link
  layers 
* Innovative applications or prototypes and demonstrations of
  person-centric applications  
* Interactions between persons through their networks, federations of
  such networks 
* Interworking between PANs, ad hoc networks, etc, and
  infrastructure-based heterogeneous networks 
* Mapping of functional requirements to physical devices and resources 
* Modeling and simulation of personalized networks 
* Mobility of personalized networks 
* Multimedia services for personalized networks 
* New QoS concepts in personalized networks 
* P2P paradigm in personalized networks 
* Resource, service and context discovery 
* Security, privacy and accounting 
* Self-organization and adaptation 
* Zero configuration methods and other enablers for ease-of-use 

Why should you participate in this workshop?

Personalized Networks is a concrete vision of the future networks, which
attracts researchers from both wired and wireless domains. This workshop
is an ideal platform to share a vision of where we are heading,
interact, and strongly advocate an exciting new avenue for researchers
and practitioners in the field of communication. Further, the final
program would consist of carefully selected - with at least three peer
reviews - and high quality submissions with a large emphasis on new
ideas rather than incremental contributions to the field. Submissions of
shorter versions of full papers that can be submitted to other
conferences/journal in the near future are discouraged.

General Chairperson

Ignas Niemegeers, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands

Program Co-Chairpersons

Sonia Heemstra de Groot, University of Twente, Netherlands
Sai Shankar, Qualcomm, San Diego, USA
Magda El Zarki, University of California, Irvine, USA

Publicity Chairperson

Paolo Bellavista, Università degli Studi di Bologna, Italy

Technical Program Committee

Paolo Bellavista, Università degli Studi di Bologna, Italy
Milind M Buddhikot, Bell Laboratories, New Jersey, USA
Chun-Ting Chou, Philips Research, New York, USA
Carlos Cordeiro, Philips Research, New York, USA
Piet Demeester, University of Ghent, Belgium
Sudhir Dixit, Nokia, Boston, USA
Carmelita Görg, University of Bremen, Germany
Minaxi Gupta, Indiana University, USA
K. V. S. Hari, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Frank den Hartog, TNO, Netherlands
Sonia Heemstra de Groot, University of Twente, Netherlands
Geert Heijenk, University of Twente, The Netherlands
James Irvine, Strathclyde University, Scotland
H. S. Jamadagni, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Ernö Kovacs, NEC Europe, Heidelberg, Germany
Anup Kumar, University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Joy Kuri, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Guy Leduc, Universite de Liege, Belgium
Anthony Lo, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Piet van Mieghem, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Ingrid Moerman, University of Ghent, Belgium
Luis Muñoz, University of Cantabria, Spain
Ignas Niemegeers, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Giovanni Pau, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Jorge Pereira, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium
Ramjee Prasad, University of Aalborg, Denmark
Tarek Saadawi, City University of New York, USA
Amardeo Sarma, NEC Network Laboratories, Germany
Sai Shankar, Qualcomm, San Diego, USA
Sirin Tekinay, New Jersey Institute of Technology, New Jersey, USA
Magda El Zarki, University of California, Irvine, USA
Djamal Zeglache, INT, Paris, France

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet