Subject: [manet] CFP: WICON 2006 - deadline extended

From: Tristan Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:56:01 -0500

***************************************************************
******************** CALL FOR PAPERS *************************
***************************************************************
 	Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2006)

Submission deadline: April 10, 2006 (5 PM PDT)
Conference dates: August 2-5, 2006
Location: Boston, USA
http://www.wicon.org

Sponsored by ICST and Create-Net, IEEE Computer Society sponsorship pending

Built on this year's successful conference inaugural, the Wireless Internet 
Conference (WICON) will continue to provide a premier international forum to 
discuss novel research results related to the emerging Wireless Internet. The 
conference addresses technologies aimed at providing seamless connectivity, 
richer services, and better quality for wireless data users while supporting 
heterogeneity in communication technologies, network architectures, and 
applications.

The focus of the conference is on architectural, networking, security, 
performance and management aspects of cellular, WiFi, WiMax and other 
Wireless Internet technologies. Preference will be given to papers describing 
implementations, deployment, measurements, empirical performance evaluation 
and experiments. The conference will also put a special emphasis on 
integration and convergence issues of various wireless technologies and 
architectures, as well as cross-layer aspects, such as QoS, billing, and 
security. Given the existence of other conferences on mobile ad hoc networks, 
sensor networks, and the like, papers that are oriented to ad hoc and sensor 
networks  are discouraged unless they directly focus on the conference theme 
of the Wireless Internet.

WICON is soliciting both research track and industry track papers. All papers 
should describe original work that has been neither previously published nor 
is under review by another conference or journal. The page limit is 10 pages 
in IEEE double column format. Industry track papers must have at least one 
author from industry, and should describe interesting technical aspects of 
industrial applications, prototypes, experiences, and standards; performance 
and design details are encouraged, whereas papers focused on marketing or 
product information will not be accepted. For easy identification, all 
industry track papers should have as their title "Industry Track: rest of 
title."  Papers will be submitted by electronic submission through COCUS 
system: http://cocus.create-net.it. Topics of interest include, but are not 
limited to, the following:

- Implementation, deployment and measurements
   o performance  of 2G, 3G, WiFi and WiMax systems
   o wireless network design, dimensioning and analysis
   o implementation, experimental systems and measurements
   o user behavior, traffic measurements and forecasting

- Mobile network architectures
   o mobile networks beyond the 3rd generation
   o IP Multimedia Subsystem architecture and protocols
   o hybrid wireless architectures, fixed mobile convergence
   o service network architectures

- Applications and services for mobile users
   o application platforms and middleware
   o application performance, performance enhancement
   o VoIP over wireless and cellular networks
   o vertical wireless application design (e.g. health care)
   o design and performance of wireless Internet applications (e.g., mobile
   gaming)

- Wireless management, security and systems issues
   o wireless network management and diagnosis
   o security, malware, viruses and spam in wireless Internet
   o pricing and billing
   o reliability of wireless networks and services

Organizing Committee:

General Chairs:
    Ravi Jain, Google
    Ram Ramjee, Bell Labs

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
   Lili Qiu, University of Texas at Austin
   Andras Valko, Ericsson

Steering Committee Chair:
   Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net Research Consortium

Conference coordination and registration:
   Kitti H. Kovacs, ICST

Finance Chair: Farooq Anjum, Telcordia

Workshop Co-Chairs:
    Chiara Petrioli, Universit di Roma
    Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Industry Track and Sponsorship Co-Chairs:
    Sujata Banerjee, Hewlett-Packard
    Milind Buddhikot, Bell Labs

Publicity Co-Chairs:
    Tristan Henderson, Dartmouth College
    Mun Choon Chan, National University, Singapore
    Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino

Local Arrangements Chair:
    Guevara Noubir, Northeastern University

Panel Chair:
    Sneha Kasera, University of Utah

Poster Co-Chairs:
    Christian Bettstetter, University of Klagenfurt, Austria.
    Rajeev Shorey,  National University, Singapore

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet