Subject: [manet] A new version of the QOLSR protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:34:56 +0100 (CET)

Hi all;==)

A new but more efficient version of the QOLSR protocol (QoS for OLSR) is
now available at :

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-badis-manet-qolsr-03.txt

 Major changes from version 02 to version 03

   - Standard MPRs are used to reduce the flooding of broadcast packets
     in the network instead of QMPRs.

   - TC messages are generated by QMPRs and relayed by MPRs.

   - A new algorithm for QMPRs selection.

   - QOLSR routes contain only QMPRs as intermediate nodes between a
     source destination pair.

   - Using the QOLSR protocol, a node keeps information about the next
     hop alone. So, it loses the ability to distinguish the part of used
     capacity that is induced by the given flow from other ones. There
     are cases in which a source node continuously changes a flow's next
     hop in response to the change of available bandwidth on its path
     and cannot tell apart the traffic induced by itself from traffic
     generated by other nodes. This situation is called the oscillation
     problem. Tow solutions are proposed to resolve this problem: at the
     source or distributedly by each hop in the path.

Abstract

   The Optimized Link State Routing (OLSR) protocol for mobile ad hoc
   networks provides shortest routes in terms of number of hops using
   Dijkstra's shortest path algorithm. In order to support multiple-
   metric routing criteria, a quality of service (QoS) extension can
   be added to OLSR functioning. No additional control traffic is
   generated (only augmented HELLO and TC messages). QOLSR protocol
   uses standard multipoint relays (MPRs) to ensure that the overhead
   is as low as possible for forwarding control traffic. Local QoS
   metrics information on links are used to calculate quality of service
   MPRs (QMPRS) and then flooded in the network by TC messages to
   calculate routing tables. QOLSR can find optimal paths on the known
   partial topology having the same bandwidth performances that those
   on the whole network. These paths contain only QMPRs as intermediate
   nodes between a source destination pair.

If you have any suggestions or comments, you are welcome to mail.

Best regards

Hakim.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet