Subject: [manet] call for papers on Distributed Systems of Sensors and Actuators

From: Philippe Jacquet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:42:32 +0100

Please find below a call for paper

  	Zone de Texte: Guest Editors CHRISTOPHE GUETTIER, SAGEM DS, France,
  [email-masked] YI SHANG, University of
  Missour-Columbia, USA, [email-masked] HONGCHI SHI, University of
  Missour-Columbia, USA, [email-masked] YING ZHANG, Palo Alto
  Research Center, USA, [email-masked]

  Distributed Systems of Sensors and Actuators

Sensor and actuator systems are rapidly evolving towards a physically 
heterogeneous and distributed but functionally integrated environment 
consisting of both wired and wireless components. Furthermore, 
battery-powered networked devices are becoming increasingly more common 
and mobile ad-hoc and wireless sensor networks are receiving 
considerable attention. The issue of distributed systems of sensors and 
actuators poses many challenges and calls for systems solutions that are 
efficient, robust, scalable, and easily deployable.

This special issue seeks original contributions in the design, analysis 
and experimental evaluation of distributed systems of sensors and 
actuators, particularly the ones connected through wireless networks. 
Papers on practical as well as on theoretical topics and problems are 
invited. Suggested topics include (but are not limited to):

·        System resource management for sensor/actuator systems

·        Real-time learning for sensor/actuator systems 

·        Self-healing, self-organized systems 

·        Architecture/middleware for sensor/actuator networks 

·        Distributed constraint-based/QoS routing in sensor networks 

·        Efficient multicast and convergecast for query processing 

·        Distributed localization and tracking 

·        Distributed task/resource allocation 

·        Novel applications of large-scale actuated sensors 

·        Theoretical foundations of large-scale sensor/actuator networks

The guest editors encourage the authors to submit their manuscripts as 
an email attachment to one of the guest editors, or to provide a URL 
with a PDF or postscript version of their manuscript. Detailed 
instructions to authors can be found in:

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jabout/76507157/ForAuthors.html

* *

	Zone de Texte: Submission Deadline: Oct 1, 2006 Notification of 
acceptance: Jan 1, 2007 Camera-ready papers: March 1, 2007 Publication: 
second half of 2007 	
	Zone de Texte:

*Schedule:*

Submission Deadline: Oct 1, 2006

Notification of acceptance: Jan 1, 2007

Camera-ready papers: March 1, 2007

      Publication: second half of 2007

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet