Subject: [manet] CFP: SecureComm 2006 - Abstract deadline is March 24

From: Cristina Nita-Rotaru <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:57:52 -0500 (EST)

Dear Colleague,

 Please find attached the call for participation for the Second IEEE
 Communications Society/CreateNet International Conference on Security
 and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm 2006) to be held in
 Baltimore, MD from Aug. 28 to Sept. 1, 2006.

 The complete information is available on the website:
 www.securecomm.org

 We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message. Please
 feel free to distribute this to colleagues who might be interested.

Best Regards,

SecureComm 2006 Organizing  Committee

*******************************************************************

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                           SecureComm 2006

      Second IEEE Communications Society/CreateNet International
       Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication
       				Networks

	      Baltimore, MD, USA, Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

                    URL: http://www.securecomm.org

                           CO-SPONSORED BY:
             IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
                    CreateNet (www.create-net.it)

		    In Cooperation with ACM SIGSAC

*******************************************************************

The scope of Securecomm 2006 has been broadened since the inaugural
2005 event. Topics of interest encompass research advances in ALL
areas of secure communications and networking. Topics in other areas
(e.g., formal methods, database security, secure OS/software,
theoretical cryptography, e-commerce) will be considered only if a
clear connection to privacy and/or security in
communication/networking is demonstrated.

Securecomm aims to bring together security and privacy experts in
academia, industry and government as well as practitioners, standards
developers and policy makers.  Securecomm also serves as a venue for
learning about state-of-the-art in security and privacy
research. Presentations reporting on cutting-edge research results are
supplemented by panels on controversial issues and invited talks on
timely and important topics.

Areas of interest include, but ARE NOT limited to, the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Security & Privacy in Wired, Wireless, Mobile, Hybrid, Sensor, Ad Hoc
   networks
* Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DoS Countermeasures
* Firewalls, Routers, Filters and Malware detectors
* Public Key Infrastructures and Other Security Architectures
* Secure Web Communication
* Communication Privacy and Anonymity
* Secure/Private E-commerce
* Secure Routing, Naming/Addressing, Network Management
* Security & Privacy in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, e.g., RFIDs

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original unpublished research are
solicited. Submissions must not be concurrently under review by a
conference, journal or any other venue that has proceedings.  Authors
of the highest-quality accepted papers will be invited to submit
extended version of their papers to a special issue of ACM
Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC).

SHORT PAPERS: Continuing with the last year's model, in addition to
full papers, Securecomm 2006 invites submission of pithy concise
technical papers (also describing original unpublished research). Such
papers may represent work-in-progress or small -- yet novel --
research results that do not warrant a full paper.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Only PDF formats are accepted for all
submissions. Full paper submissions must not exceed 10 pages in IEEE
conference style, two-column format, not including the bibliography.
Well-marked appendices of up to 2 pages are allowed but will be read
only at the discretion of reviewers.  Short paper submissions are
limited to 5 pages total.

IEEE Communications Society and Create-Net policy states that all
accepted SecureComm 2006 papers must have at least one registration at
the regular rate. For authors co-authoring multiple papers, one
regular registration is valid for up to two papers.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality through
*double-blind* reviewing, where the identities of the authors are
withheld from the reviewers.  Authors' names must not appear in the
paper PDF file. Please submit the paper through the COCUS System using
the following three steps.

1. By clicking on the link "http://cocus.create-net.it" you will be
   re-directed to the COCUS site. Click on Register to create an account,
   if you do not have one.
2. Once you have an account, log in and click on Event List. Scroll down
   to* SECURECOMM *and choose the Submit Paper Link.
3. Fill in the details (title, authors, abstract, classifications,
   etc) and register the paper by March 24, 2006. Full paper must be
   uploaded by April 1, 2006.

PANELS: Panels that examine innovative, controversial, or
otherwise provocative issues of interest are solicited.  Panel
proposals should not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches
of the panelists. Potential panel organizers should submit proposals
to the Panels Co-Chairs by March 18, 2006.

WORKSHOPS: Workshop proposals on topics related to the broader theme
of the conference are solicited. Workshop proposals should not exceed
3 pages, including biographical sketches of the main organizers,
completed description of the workshop topic and its potential interest
to the community and relevance to Securecomm, and a detailed draft
CFP. Potential workshop organizers should submit proposals to the
Workshops Chair by February 1, 2006.

RESEARCH DEMOS: Informal proposals for research demos are solicited.
Proposals will be reviewed and selection will be made based on the
perceived value to the research community and interest level for the
conference attendees. Proposals should not exceed 3 pages and should
include: the focus area, technologies involved, specific equipment to
be used, demo layout and space required. Please submit proposals to
the Research Demos Chair(s) by June 1, 2006.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

TECHNICAL Paper submissions due: March 24, 2006 (Title/Abstract)
				 April 1, 2006 (Full Paper)
NOTIFICATION date:		 May 31, 2006
Camera-ready version due:	 June 24, 2006
Conference Dates:		 Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

For information regarding the conference, please visit
http://www.securecomm.org or contact one of the Chairs below.

		   CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs
-----------------

Mukesh Singhal, University of Kentucky, [email-masked]
John Baras, University of Maryland, College Park, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs
---------------------------

Steve Kent, BBN, [email-masked]
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine,  [email-masked]

Workshops Chair
---------------

G. Manimaran, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Panels Co-Chairs
----------------

Bruno Crispo, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands, [email-masked]
Avishai Wool, Technion, Israel, [email-masked]

Research Demos/Exhibits Chair
-----------------------------

Tom Karygiannis, NIST, [email-masked]

Sponsorships Chair
------------------

Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, [email-masked]

Publicity Co-Chairs
-------------------

Peng Liu, Penn State University, [email-masked]
Cristina Nita-Rotaru, Purdue University, [email-masked]

Publication Chair
-----------------

Farooq Anjum, Telcordia Technologies, [email-masked]

Steering Committee:
-------------------

 Imrich Chlamtac (Chair), Create-Net
 Krishna M. Sivalingam (Co-Chair), University of Maryland, Baltimore
County
 Gene Tsudik, University of California, Irvine
 Brian Bigalke,  (Staff Liaison, IEEE Communications Society)

		   TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
		   ---------------------------

 N. Asokan	        Nokia Research
 Giuseppe Ateniese	Johns Hopkins University
 Tuomas Aura		Microsoft Research
 Dirk Balfanz		PARC
 Bharat Bhargava	Purdue
 Matt Bishop		University of California, Davis
 Levente Buttyan	Budapest University of Technology
 Srdjan Capkun		Technical University of Denmark
 Claude Castelluccia	Inria Rhone-Alpes
 Tom Chen		Southern Methodist University
 Giovanni Di Crescenzo	Telcordia Research
 Bruno Crispo		Vrije Universitet
 Breno de Medeiros	University of Central Florida
 Robert Deng		Singapore Management University
 Xuhua Ding		Singapore Management University
 Glenn Durfee		PARC
 Bao Feng		Institute for Infocomm Research
 Dieter Gollmann	Technical University of Hamburg-Harb
 Richard Han            University of Colorado at Boulder
 Tom Karygiannis	NIST
 Yongdae Kim		University of Minnessota
 Christopher Kruegel	Technical University of Vienna
 Kwok-Yan Lam		Tsinghua University
 Brian LaMacchia	Microsoft
 Carl Landwehr		University of Maryland
 Wenke Lee		Georgia Tech
 Albert Levi		Sabanci University,
 Ninghui Li		Purdue
 Peng Liu		Pennsylvania State University
 Luigi Mancini		Unversity of Rome - La Sapienza
 Fabio Massacci		University of Trento
 Ludovic Me'		Supelec
 Pietro Michiardi	Eurecom Institute
 Refik Molva		Eurecom Institute
 Mats Naslund		Ericsson Research
 Pekka Nikander		Ericsson Nomadiclab
 Cristina Nita-Rotaru	Purdue
 Radha Poovendran	University of Washington
 Byrav Ramamurthy	University of Nebraska-Lincoln
 Michael Roe		Microsoft Research
 Sanjeev Setia		George Mason University
 Cliff Wang		Army Research Laboratory
 Helen Wang		Microsoft Research
 Ron Watro		BBN
 Dirk Westhoff		NEC Research
 Susanne Wetzel		Stevens Institute of Technology
 Avishai Wool		Tel Aviv University
 Shouhuai Xu		University of Texas, San Antonio
 Xiaowei Yang		University of California, Irvine
 Bulent Yener 		Rensselauer Polytechnic Institute
 Jeong Hyun Yi          Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
 Jianying Zhou		Institute for Infocomm Research
 Alf Zugenmaier		DoCoMo Labs

************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet