Subject: [manet] CFP: Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2006)

From: Tristan Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 17:19:08 -0500

***************************************************************
******************** CALL FOR PAPERS *************************
***************************************************************

 	Wireless Internet Conference (WICON 2006)

Submission deadline: March 31, 2006 (5 PM PDT)
Conference dates: August 2-5, 2006
Location: Boston, USA
http://www.wicon.org

Sponsored by ICST and Create-Net, IEEE Computer Society sponsorship 
pending

Built on this year's successful conference inaugural, the Wireless 
Internet Conference (WICON) will continue to provide a premier 
international forum to discuss novel research results related to the 
emerging Wireless Internet. The conference addresses technologies aimed at 
providing seamless connectivity, richer services, and better quality for 
wireless data users while supporting heterogeneity in communication 
technologies, network architectures, and applications.

The focus of the conference is on architectural, networking, security, 
performance and management aspects of cellular, WiFi, WiMax and other 
Wireless Internet technologies. Preference will be given to papers 
describing implementations, deployment, measurements, empirical 
performance evaluation and experiments. The conference will also put a 
special emphasis on integration and convergence issues of various wireless 
technologies and architectures, as well as cross-layer aspects, such as 
QoS, billing, and security. Given the existence of other conferences on 
mobile ad hoc networks, sensor networks, and the like, papers that are 
oriented to ad hoc and sensor networks  are discouraged unless they 
directly focus on the conference theme of the Wireless Internet.

WICON is soliciting both research track and industry track papers. All 
papers should describe original work that has been neither previously 
published nor is under review by another conference or journal. The page 
limit is 10 pages in IEEE double column format. Industry track papers must 
have at least one author from industry, and should describe interesting 
technical aspects of industrial applications, prototypes, experiences, and 
standards; performance and design details are encouraged, whereas papers 
focused on marketing or product information will not be accepted. For easy 
identification, all industry track papers should have as their title 
"Industry Track: rest of title."  Papers will be submitted by electronic 
submission through COCUS system: http://cocus.create-net.it. Topics of 
interest include, but are not limited to, the following:

- Implementation, deployment and measurements
   o performance  of 2G, 3G, WiFi and WiMax systems
   o wireless network design, dimensioning and analysis
   o implementation, experimental systems and measurements
   o user behavior, traffic measurements and forecasting

- Mobile network architectures
   o mobile networks beyond the 3rd generation
   o IP Multimedia Subsystem architecture and protocols
   o hybrid wireless architectures, fixed mobile convergence
   o service network architectures

- Applications and services for mobile users
   o application platforms and middleware
   o application performance, performance enhancement
   o VoIP over wireless and cellular networks
   o vertical wireless application design (e.g. health care)
   o design and performance of wireless Internet applications (e.g., mobile 
gaming)

- Wireless management, security and systems issues
   o wireless network management and diagnosis
   o security, malware, viruses and spam in wireless Internet
   o pricing and billing
   o reliability of wireless networks and services

Organizing Committee:

General Chairs:
     Ravi Jain, Google
     Ram Ramjee, Bell Labs

Technical Program Co-Chairs:
    Lili Qiu, University of Texas at Austin
    Andras Valko, Ericsson

Steering Committee Chair:
    Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net Research Consortium

Conference coordination and registration:
    Kitti H. Kovacs, ICST

Finance Chair: Farooq Anjum, Telcordia

Workshop Co-Chairs:
     Chiara Petrioli, Universit di Roma
     Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Industry Track and Sponsorship Co-Chairs:
     Sujata Banerjee, Hewlett-Packard
     Milind Buddhikot, Bell Labs

Publicity Co-Chairs:
     Tristan Henderson, Dartmouth College
     Mun Choon Chan, National University, Singapore
     Carla-Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino

Local Arrangements Chair:
     Guevara Noubir, Northeastern University

Panel Chair:
     Sneha Kasera, University of Utah

Poster Co-Chairs:
     Christian Bettstetter, University of Klagenfurt, Austria.
     Rajeev Shorey,  National University, Singapore

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet