Subject: [manet] Call for Papers Track on Intelligent Sensors and Sensor Networks ETFA 2006

From: "Pedro M. Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:39:24 +0100

Please find below the CFP for a track on Intelligent Sensors and Sensor 
Networks within the 11th IEEE International Conference on Emerging 
Technologies and Factory Automation.

Regards,

--
Pedro M. Ruiz
http://ants.dif.um.es/staff/pedrom/
-- 

_____________________________________________________
		  ** CALL FOR PAPERS **
		    IEEE ETFA 2006
								     
     11th IEEE International Conference on Emerging
           Technologies and Factory Automation
           
  ** Track on Intelligent Sensors and Sensor Networks **

       September 20-22, 2006; Prague, Czech Republic
       
            http://www.action-m.com/etfa2006
     ________________________________________________

================================================
Track on Intelligent Sensors and Sensor Networks
================================================

-----------
BACKGROUND:
-----------

The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers 
and practitioners from the industry and academia and provide 
them with a platform to report on recent advances and 
developments in the newly emerging areas of technology, as well 
as actual and potential applications to industrial and factory 
automation.

Solicited Papers: Research papers reporting on new developments 
in technological sciences. Industry and development papers 
reporting on actual developments of technology, products, systems 
and solutions. Tutorial and survey papers. Work-in-progress papers. 
In addition, ETFA 2006 solicits special session proposals to 
stimulate in-depth discussions in special areas relevant to the 
conference theme. Please consult the conference web page for more 
details.

------
SCOPE:
------

The track on **Intelligent Sensors and Sensor Networks** at ETFA 2006 
addresses concepts, implementations and applications of sensor 
network systems from both hardware and software domain. Papers 
on any of the following and related topics will be considered for 
the track:

-	Wireless integrated networked sensors
-	Localized algorithms and protocols
-	Energy efficiency; hardware/software
-	Data integration and fusion algorithms
-	Topology control and area coverage algorithms
-	Wideband networked sensors
-	MEMS sensors
-	System architecture
-	Sensing, processing, and communicating on a chip
-	Power supplies
-	Positioning systems and algorithms
-	Communication protocols and algorithms
-	Communication-computation trade-offs
-	Design and implementation
-	Development environments and tools

Please refer to the conference web page for topics of other ETFA tracks!

-------------
TRACK CHAIRS:
-------------

Matthias J. Handy
University of Rostock, Germany
[email-masked]

Pedro M. Ruiz Martinez
University of Murcia, Spain
[email-masked]

---------------------
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS:
---------------------

The working language of the conference is English. Two types 
of submissions are solicited. Long Papers – limited to 8 double 
column pages in a font no smaller than 10-points. Work-in-Progress 
and Industry practice – limited to 4 double column pages in a font 
no smaller than 10-points. Manuscripts must be submitted 
electronically in PDF format, according to the instructions 
contained in the conference web page.

Best Paper Award: Best paper awards in Factory Automation and 
Emerging Technologies will be presented at the conference banquet 
dinner. Authors of outstanding papers will be invited to submit a 
revised version of their papers for publication in a special section 
in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.

----------------
IMPORTANT DATES:
----------------

Deadline for submission of long papers:	
March 31, 2006

Notification of acceptance of long papers:	
May 25, 2006

Deadline for submission of work-in-progress papers and Industry practice:	
June 1, 2006

Notification of acceptance of work-in-progress papers and Industry practice:	
July 1, 2006

Deadline for submission of final manuscripts:
July 1, 2006

--------------------
FURTHER INFORMATION:
--------------------
ETFA-06 Conference Secretariat:  
Czech Technical University in Prague, 
Zikova 4, 166 36 Prague 6, Czech Republic,
Tel: +420-221500201, 
Email: [email-masked], or 
Ms. Milena Zeithamlova Email: [email-masked]

Paper Acceptance: Each accepted paper must be presented at the 
conference by one of the authors. The final manuscript must be 
accompanied by a registration form and a registration fee payment 
proof. All conference attendees, including authors and session 
chairpersons, must pay the conference registration fee, and their 
travel expenses.

--------------------
CONFERENCE WEB PAGE:
--------------------

http://www.action-m.com/etfa2006
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet