Subject: [manet] CFP: SMCTOOLS 2006 (Workshop organized within VALUETOOLS 2006, Pisa, Italy)

From: "Kejie Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:28:52 -0400

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)

============================================================
TOOLS FOR SOLVING STRUCTURED MARKOV CHAINS (SMCTOOLS - www.smctools.org)

Workshop organized within VALUETOOLS 2006 (www.valuetools.org) Pisa, 
Italy / October 10, 2006 

WORKSHOP Co-Chairs:
Beatrice Meini, University of Pisa, Italy Benny Van Houdt, University of 
Antwerp, Belgium

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Nail Akar               V. Ramaswami
Dario Bini              Evgenia Smirni
Tugrul Dayar            Mark Squillante
Winfried Grassmann      William Stewart
Udo Krieger             Tetsuya Takine
Guy Latouche            Miklos Telek
Marcel Neuts            Qi-Yang Ye

SCOPE:
Performance evaluation methodologies based on structured Markov chains 
have taken a more prominent role over the last two decades. During this 
time, due to the strong exploitation of the involved structures, the 
techniques used to assess the performance measures of interest have 
advanced significantly in terms of their efficiency, while becoming more 
complex at the same time.  This increased complexity often acts as an 
opposing force to a more wide spread use of these advanced methodologies.
Making these novel techniques more accessible via a set of software tools 
is therefore essential to further promote their integration in the system 
design. This workshop solicits papers on software tools for solving 
structured Markov chains (MCs).

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper Submission Deadline:  May 20, 2006 Notification of Acceptance: June 
20, 2006
Camera Ready Papers Due:    July 10, 2006

PUBLICATION:
The workshop proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society 
and will be included in the conference proceedings. As an IEEE 
publication, the proceedings will also be accessible through the IEEE 
Xplore website and other digital libraries.

EuroNGI SUPPORT:
An internal meeting of EuroNGI WP.JRA.5.5 will be scheduled one day prior 
to the workshop (on Monday October 9th). Any EuroNGI Members who 
participate to this WP.JRA.5.5 meeting can use the EuroNGI Mobility budget
(WP.IA.5.1) allocated to their Institution.

DEMOS:
Authors of accepted papers are strongly encouraged to demonstrate their 
software tool during the Exhibition/demos session; this would be an ideal 
opportunity for the authors to foster a direct discussion of their work 
with the attendees.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

in VALUETOOLS 2006 (www.valuetools.org) Pisa, 
Italy / October 10, 2006 

WORKSHOP Co-Chairs:
Beatrice Meini, University of Pisa, Italy Benny Van Houdt, University of 
Antwerp, Belgium

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Nail Akar               V. Ramaswami
Dario Bini              Evgenia Smirni
Tugrul Dayar            Mark Squillante
Winfried Grassmann      William Stewart
Udo Krieger             Tetsuya Takine
Guy Latouche            Miklos Telek
Marcel Neuts            Qi-Yang Ye

SCOPE:
Performance evaluation methodologies based on structured Markov chains 
have taken a more prominent role over the last two decades. During this 
time, due to the strong exploitation of the involved structures, the 
techniques used to assess the performance measures of interest have 
advanced significantly in terms of their efficiency, while becoming more 
complex at the same time.  This increased complexity often acts as an 
opposing force to a more wide spread use of these advanced methodologies.
Making these novel techniques more accessible via a set of software tools 
is therefore essential to further promote their integration in the system 
design. This workshop solicits papers on software tools for solving 
structured Markov chains (MCs).

IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper Submission Deadline:  May 20, 2006 Notification of Acceptance: June 
20, 2006
Camera Ready Papers Due:    July 10, 2006

PUBLICATION:
The workshop proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society 
and will be included in the conference proceedings. As an IEEE 
publication, the proceedings will also be accessible through the IEEE 
Xplore website and other digital libraries.

EuroNGI SUPPORT:
An internal meeting of EuroNGI WP.JRA.5.5 will be scheduled one day prior 
to the workshop (on Monday October 9th). Any EuroNGI Members who 
participate to this WP.JRA.5.5 meeting can use the EuroNGI Mobility budget
(WP.IA.5.1) allocated to their Institution.

DEMOS:
Authors of accepted papers are strongly encouraged to demonstrate their 
software tool during the Exhibition/demos session; this would be an ideal 
opportunity for the authors to foster a direct discussion of their work 
with the attendees.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet