Subject: [manet] CFP: GameNets 2006 (Pisa, Italy)

From: "Kejie Lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 16:30:34 -0400

(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message)

************************************************************************

                      ****   Call for Papers   ****

            GameNets 2006: Workshop on Game Theory for Networks
                    Pisa, Italy / October 14, 2006
                        http://www.gamenets.org/

                            in conjunction with
                Valuetools 2006: First International Conference on  
                  Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools
                           (October 11-13, 2006)

            **** Submission Deadline  --  MAY 10, 2006 ****

************************************************************************

Workshop Objective and Topics of Interest

In the past decade, game theory has been applied to challenging problems 
in the performance analysis of communications and networks.

In computer networking, game theoretic models have been developed to 
better understand Internet pricing, flow and congestion control, peer-to-
peer systems, and routing, among other issues. More recently, we have 
seen the application of game theory to wireless systems. Wireless 
networks are notoriously difficult to analyze using traditional 
mathematical models, due to the complexity of mobility and traffic models,
 coupled with the dynamic topology and the unpredictability of link 
quality. Game theory has recently shown promise in understanding numerous 
problems in wireless networks (power control, topology formation, trust 
management, etc.), as it can be used to model interactions between 
independent decision makers. This is of particular importance in 
environments such as mobile ad hoc networks, due to the absence of a 
centralized entity that has a full picture of the network conditions and 
can make decisions on behalf of individual nodes.

There is also increased interest in applying game theory to the study of 
other types of networks, including human interactions in social networks, 
molecular networks, neural and other cellular networks, social insect 
networks, etc. There are important commonalities among these types of 
networks and in models to describe and analyze their behavior.

This workshop will bring together researchers who are applying game 
theory to analyzing, designing, and assessing the performance of networks.
 The objective is to generate discussion of best practices in modeling as 
well as limitations of game theory as a performance assessment and design 
tool for networks. Both the application of game theory to networking 
problems and the development of new game-theoretic methodologies that can 
be applied in that context are of interest. 

Scope

Topics of interest include game-theoretic analysis and evaluation of:
* Distributed adaptation in wireless ad hoc networks
* Formation of social networks: stability and efficiency
* Biologically-inspired network design
* Power control and waveform adaptation
* Cognition and cognitive networks
* Trust and reputation management
* Quality of service
* Dynamic spectrum management
* Cross-layer optimization
* Dynamic topology formation in networks
* Incentives for cooperation in networks
* Node mobility and route adaptation
* Fairness in forwarding and medium access
* Peer to peer systems
* Network pricing
* Routing
* Peering and trading agreements, bandwidth trading
* Modeling of security issues using game theory

As well as game-theoretic advances and methodologies for the study of 
networking problems, including but not limited to:
* Applicability and limitations of game theory in the networking domain
* Equilibrium selection in cases of multiple equilibria
* Multistage structures in networking games
* Comparisons of game theory to other approaches (e.g. classical 
optimization) in the analysis of networks
* Games of imperfect monitoring
* Effects of bounded rationality assumptions
* Potential games

Important Dates
Submission deadline: May 10, 2006
Notification of acceptance: June 10, 2006 Camera-ready manuscripts due: 
July 10, 2006

Workshop Chairs

Luiz A. DaSilva
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Virginia Tech
[email-masked]
+1-703-387-6039

Allen B. MacKenzie
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Virginia Tech
[email-masked]
+1-540-231-3565

Jacqueline Morgan
Department of Math & Statistics
Universit¨¤ di Napoli "Federico II"
[email-masked]
+39-081-675008

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet