Subject: [manet] CFP: SecureComm 2006 [abstract due March 24]

From: Cristina Nita-Rotaru <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:41:46 -0500 (EST)

Dear Colleague,

 Please find attached the call for participation for the Second IEEE
 Communications Society/CreateNet International Conference on Security
 and Privacy for Emerging Areas in Communication Networks (SecureComm
 2006) to be held in Baltimore, MD from Aug. 28 to Sept. 1, 2006.

 The complete information is available on the website:
 www.securecomm.org

 We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message. Please
 feel free to distribute this to colleagues who might be interested.

Best Regards,

SecureComm 2006 Organizing  Committee

*******************************************************************
                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                           SecureComm 2006

      Second IEEE Communications Society/CreateNet International
       Conference on Security and Privacy for Emerging Areas in
                      Communication Networks

       Baltimore, MD, USA, Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

                    URL: http://www.securecomm.org

                           CO-SPONSORED BY:
             IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
                    CreateNet (www.create-net.it)

      In Cooperation with ACM SIGSAC

*******************************************************************

The scope of Securecomm 2006 has been broadened since the inaugural
2005 event. Topics of interest encompass research advances in ALL
areas of secure communications and networking. Topics in other areas
(e.g., formal methods, database security, secure OS/software,
theoretical cryptography, e-commerce) will be considered only if a
clear connection to privacy and/or security in
communication/networking is demonstrated.

Securecomm aims to bring together security and privacy experts in
academia, industry and government as well as practitioners, standards
developers and policy makers.  Securecomm also serves as a venue for
learning about state-of-the-art in security and privacy
research. Presentations reporting on cutting-edge research results are
supplemented by panels on controversial issues and invited talks on
timely and important topics.

Areas of interest include, but ARE NOT limited to, the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Security & Privacy in Wired, Wireless, Mobile, Hybrid, Sensor, Ad Hoc
   networks
* Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DoS Countermeasures
* Firewalls, Routers, Filters and Malware detectors
* Public Key Infrastructures and Other Security Architectures
* Secure Web Communication
* Communication Privacy and Anonymity
* Secure/Private E-commerce
* Secure Routing, Naming/Addressing, Network Management
* Security & Privacy in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, e.g., RFIDs

PAPERS: Technical papers describing original unpublished research are
solicited. Submissions must not be concurrently under review by a
conference, journal or any other venue that has proceedings.  Authors
of the highest-quality accepted papers will be invited to submit
extended version of their papers to a special issue of ACM
Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC).

SHORT PAPERS: Continuing with the last year's model, in addition to
full papers, Securecomm 2006 invites submission of pithy concise
technical papers (also describing original unpublished research). Such
papers may represent work-in-progress or small -- yet novel --
research results that do not warrant a full paper.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Only PostScript or PDF formats are accepted
for all submissions. Full paper submissions must not exceed 10 pages
in IEEE conference style, two-column format, not including the
bibliography. Well-marked appendices of up to 2 pages are allowed but
will be read only at the discretion of reviewers.  Short paper
submissions are limited to 4 pages total.

IEEE Communications Society and Create-Net policy states that all
accepted SecureComm 2006 papers must have at least one registration at
the regular rate. For authors co-authoring multiple papers, one
regular registration is valid for up to two papers.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality through
*double-blind* reviewing, where the identities of the authors are
withheld from the reviewers.  Authors' names must not appear in the
paper or in the PostScript or PDF file.  Complete paper submission
instructions will be available at the conference website.  The
Title/Abstract MUST be registered by March 24, 11.50PM PST and final
paper uploaded by April 1, 2006, 11.50PM PST.

PANELS: Panels that examine innovative, controversial, or
otherwise provocative issues of interest are solicited.  Panel
proposals should not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches
of the panelists. Potential panel organizers should submit proposals
to the Panels Co-Chairs by March 18, 2006.

WORKSHOPS: Workshop proposals on topics related to the broader theme
of the conference are solicited. Workshop proposals should not exceed
3 pages, including biographical sketches of the main organizers,
completed description of the workshop topic and its potential interest
to the community and relevance to Securecomm, and a detailed draft
CFP. Potential workshop organizers should submit proposals to the
Workshops Chair by February 1, 2006.

RESEARCH DEMOS: Informal proposals for research demos are solicited.
Proposals will be reviewed and selection will be made based on the
perceived value to the research community and interest level for the
conference attendees. Proposals should not exceed 3 pages and should
include: the focus area, technologies involved, specific equipment to
be used, demo layout and space required. Please submit proposals to
the Research Demos Chair(s) by June 1, 2006.
IMPORTANT DATES

---------------

TECHNICAL Paper submissions due: March 24, 2006 (Title/Abstract)
     April 1, 2006 (Full Paper)
NOTIFICATION date:   May 31, 2006
Camera-ready version due:  June 24, 2006
Conference Dates:   Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

For information regarding the conference, please visit
http://www.securecomm.org or contact one of the Chairs below.

     CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs
-----------------

Mukesh Singhal, University of Kentucky, [email-masked]
John Baras, University of Maryland, College Park, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs
---------------------------

Steve Kent, BBN, [email-masked]
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine,  [email-masked]

Workshops Chair
---------------
G. Manimaran, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Panels Co-Chairs
----------------
Bruno Crispo, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands, [email-masked]
Avishai Wool, Technion, Israel, [email-masked]

Research Demos/Exhibits Chair
-----------------------------
Tom Karygiannis, NIST, [email-masked]

Sponsorships Chair
------------------
Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, [email-masked]

Publicity Co-Chairs
-------------------
Peng Liu, Penn State University, [email-masked]
Cristina Nita-Rotaru, Purdue University, [email-masked]

Publication Chair
-----------------
Farooq Anjum, Telcordia Technologies, [email-masked]

Steering Committee:
-------------------
 Imrich Chlamtac (Chair), Create-Net
 Krishna M. Sivalingam (Co-Chair), University of Maryland, Baltimore County
 Gene Tsudik, University of California, Irvine
 Brian Bigalke,  (Staff Liaison, IEEE Communications Society)

     TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
     -------------------------------------------
 N. Asokan         Nokia Research
 Giuseppe Ateniese Johns Hopkins University
 Tuomas Aura  Microsoft Research
 Dirk Balfanz  PARC
 Bharat Bhargava Purdue
 Matt Bishop  University of California, Davis
 Levente Buttyan Budapest University of Technology
 Srdjan Capkun  Technical University of Denmark
 Claude Castelluccia Inria Rhone-Alpes
 Tom Chen  Southern Methodist University
 Bruno Crispo  Vrije Universitet
 Breno de Medeiros University of Central Florida
 Robert Deng  Singapore Management University
 Xuhua Ding  Singapore Management University
 Glenn Durfee  PARC
 Bao Feng  Institute for Infocomm Research
 Dieter Gollmann Technical University of Hamburg-Harb
 Richard Han            University of Colorado at Boulder
 Tom Karygiannis NIST
 Yongdae Kim  University of Minnessota
 Christopher Kruegel Technical University of Vienna
 Kwok-Yan Lam  Tsinghua University
 Brian LaMacchia Microsoft
 Carl Landwehr  University of Maryland
 Wenke Lee  Georgia Tech
 Albert Levi  Sabanci University,
 Ninghui Li  Purdue
 Peng Liu  Pennsylvania State University
 Luigi Mancini  Unversity of Rome - La Sapienza
 Fabio Massacci  University of Trento
 Ludovic Me'  Supelec
 Pietro Michiardi Eurecom Institute
 Refik Molva  Eurecom Institute
 Mats Naslund  Ericsson Research
 Pekka Nikander  Ericsson Nomadiclab
 Cristina Nita-Rotaru Purdue
 Radha Poovendran University of Washington
 Byrav Ramamurthy University of Nebraska-Lincoln
 Michael Roe  Microsoft Research
 Sanjeev Setia  George Mason University
 Cliff Wang  Army Research Laboratory
 Helen Wang  Microsoft Research
 Ron Watro  BBN
 Dirk Westhoff  NEC Research
 Susanne Wetzel  Stevens Institute of Technology
 Avishai Wool  Tel Aviv University
 Shouhuai Xu  University of Texas, San Antonio
 Xiaowei Yang  University of California, Irvine
 Bulent Yener   Rensselauer Polytechnic Institute
 Jeong Hyun Yi          Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
 Jianying Zhou  Institute for Infocomm Research
 Alf Zugenmaier  DoCoMo Labs

************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet