Subject: [manet] Final CFP for ACM SenSys 2006

From: Wei Ye <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:13:15 -0800

Our Apologies if you have received multiple copies of the CFP.

The deadline to register your paper for ACM SenSys 2006 is this 
Thursday (March 30). To register and submit your paper, please 
visit the following link.

http://ilense.isi.edu/sensys2006/

Wei Ye and Cormac J. Sreenan
SenSys'06 Publicity Co-Chairs
---------

ACM SenSys 2006: Call for Papers

The 4th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems

November 1-3, 2006

Boulder, Colorado, USA

http://sensys.acm.org/2006/

Sponsored by ACM SIGCOMM, SIGMOBILE, SIGARCH, SIGOPS, SIGMETRICS and  
SIGBED; with support from NSF.

The 4th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys)  
is a highly selective, single-track forum for the presentation of  
research results on systems issues in the area of embedded, networked  
sensors. Distributed systems based on networked sensors and actuators  
with embedded computation capabilities allow for an instrumentation  
of the physical world at an unprecedented scale and density, thus  
enabling a new generation of monitoring and control applications.  
This conference provides an ideal venue to address the research  
challenges facing the design, deployment, use, and fundamental limits  
of these systems. Sensor networks require contributions from many  
fields, from wireless communication and networking, embedded systems  
and hardware, distributed systems, data management, and applications,  
so we welcome cross-disciplinary work.

We seek technical papers describing original, previously unpublished  
research results. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,  
new research results in the following areas for sensor networks:

-Sensor network architecture and protocols
-Distributed coordination algorithms such as localization, time  
synchronization, clustering, and topology control
-Failure resilience and fault isolation
-Energy management
-Operating systems
-Data, information, and signal processing
-Data storage and management
-Distributed actuation and control
-Programming methodology
-Security and privacy
-Sensor network planning, provisioning, calibration and deployment
-Operational experience and testbeds
-Experimental methodology, including measurement, simulation, and   
emulation infrastructure
-Analysis of real-world systems and fundamental limits
-Applications
-Sensor networks in unusual environments
-Integration with back-end systems such as web-based information
systems, process control, and enterprise software

Important dates:

Paper Registration and Abstract: March 30, 2006, midnight US Eastern  
Time
Paper Submission Deadline: April 6, 2006, midnight US Eastern Time
Notification of Paper Acceptance: June 29, 2006
Camera Ready Paper Copy: August 22, 2006

All deadlines are firm; we will not honor extensions. Papers must be  
original, unpublished work not under consideration elsewhere. For  
submission details, see the conference web site. Selected papers from  
the conference will be forwarded to the ACM Transactions on Sensor  
Networks for possible publication. For the first time SenSys 2006  
will present a best paper/presentation award.

Demos:

Demonstrations showing innovative research and applications are  
solicited. SenSys is very interested in demonstrations of technology,  
platforms, and applications of wireless sensor networks. Abstracts of  
accepted demos will be published in the SenSys conference  
proceedings. Submissions from both industries and universities are  
encouraged. For the first time SenSys 2006 will present a best demo  
award for the best student demo. For submission details, see the  
conference web site. A call for demos with submission dates, etc.,  
will be posted at a later point.

Posters:

Posters showing exiting early work on sensor networks are solicited.   
Areas of interest are the same as those listed in the technical call  
for papers. While the poster need not describe completed work, it  
should report on research for which at least preliminary results are  
available. We especially encourage submissions by students (that is,  
for which a student is the first author on the poster). For  
submission details, see the conference web site. A call for posters  
with submission dates, etc.,
will be posted at a later point.

Committees:

General Chair: Andrew T. Campbell, Dartmouth College

Program Co-Chairs: Philippe Bonnet, DIKU; John Heidemann, USC/ISI

Program Committee Members:
Anish Arora, Ohio State
Tucker Balch, GaTech
Jan Beutel, ETHZ
Nirupama Bulusu, Portland State U.
Erdal Cayirci, Istambul
David Culler, UCB
Deepak Ganesan, UMass
Phillip Gibbons, Intel Research
Leonid Guibas, Stanford
Sanjay Jha, UNSW
Akos Ledeczi, Vanderbilt
Phil Levis, Stanford
Sam Madden, MIT
Shivakant Mishra, U. Colorado
Joe Paradiso, MIT
Greg Pottie, UCLA
Andreas Savvides, Yale
Sergio Servetto, Cornell
Yoshito Tobe, Tokyo Denki U.
Feng Zhao, Microsoft Research

Local Arrangements Chair: Rick Han, U. Colorado

Poster Co-Chairs: Henry Tirri, Nokia; Robert Szewczyk, Moteiv

Demo Co-Chairs: Chieh Yih Wan, Intel; Jie Liu, Microsoft

Publicity Co-Chairs: Wei Ye, USC/ISI; Cormac J. Sreenan, Cork

Publications Chair: Sam Madden, MIT

Web Chair: Mark Hansen, UCLA

Registration Chair: Akos Ledeczi, Vanderbilt U.

Finance Chair: Tarek Abdelzaher, UIUC

Sponsorships Chair: Injong Rhee, NCSU

Travel Awards: Haiyun Luo, UIUC

Steering Committee:
Anish Arora, Ohio State
Victor Bahl, Microsoft
Hari Balakrishnan, MIT
David Culler, Berkeley
Deborah Estrin, UCLA
Ramesh Govindan, USC
Craig Partridge, BBN
Jason Redi, BBN
Mani Srivastava, UCLA
John Stankovic, U. Virgina
Feng Zhao, Microsoft Research
Taieb Znati, U. Pittsburgh

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet