Subject: [manet] Ubisys 2006 Call for Papers

From: Kan Cai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:14:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'd appreciate it if you could distribute this call for papers to
anyone who may be interested.

Thanks,
Mike Blackstock

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          CALL FOR PAPERS

   System Support for Ubiquitous Computing Workshop (UbiSys 2006)
at the Eighth Annual Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2006)

                        Orange County, California
                         September 17-21, 2006

                   http://www.magic.ubc.ca/ubisys/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

UbiSys 2006 is an opportunity to bring together researchers and
practitioners developing systems for ubiquitous computing environments
to meet and exchange ideas. It will provide opportunities to present
recent findings, and to discuss ongoing research in the field to
foster greater collaboration and cooperation.  The main goal of this
workshop is to address issues related to ubiquitous application
deployment. One objective is to discuss issues that differentiate
ubicomp systems from traditional systems, and are common to both, such
as the use of service oriented architectures and emerging
standards. Another is to continue to make progress toward deriving a
common set of abstractions to enable application developers to more
easily utilize system resources in an environment. Finally, since the
evaluation of ubiquitous systems is not well understood, we also hope
to advance the techniques and benchmarks used to effectively evaluate
ubiquitous computing systems.

Topics:
-------

The workshop focuses on presenting state of the art and emerging
research, as well as experience reports, in the following topics:

* Abstractions and models toward interoperability and portability.

* Use of new and emerging middleware and software engineering approaches.

* Experiences of deployed ubicomp systems infrastructure.

* Techniques and benchmarks for the effective evaluation of ubicomp
systems

Submission Guidelines:
----------------------

This workshop will consist of a mix of paper presentations and a panel
discussion. Submissions can take two forms: a 4 to 6 page 'full paper'
submission for possible inclusion as presentations in one of three
paper sessions OR a 1-2 page position paper (page limit is guideline only).
A selection of the bestposition papers will be chosen for oral presentation
at a panelsession. All papers should be in the Springer Verlag LNCS
format. These papers must cover one of the topics listed above.

All workshop attendees must submit and have accepted either a full or
position paper.

Both types of submissions will be reviewed blindly and selected based
on their originality, merit, and relevance to the workshop. All
accepted papers must be presented during the workshop. Note that
authors of submissions not accepted because of time constraints may be
invited to present a poster during the lunch session. Please visit
http://www.magic.ubc.ca/ubisys/ or email [email-masked] if you
have any questions.

Important Dates:
----------------

Paper submission .......... June 16, 2006
Acceptance notifications .. July 24, 2006
Camera-ready version ...... August 25, 2006
Workshop date ............. September 18, 2006

Program Committee:
------------------

* Jalal Al-Muhtadi, King Saudi U.

* Christian Becker, U. Stuttgart

* Michael Blackstock, UBC

* Roy Campbell, UIUC

* Charles "Buck" Krasic, UBC

* Rodger Lea, UBC

* Alan Messer, Samsung

* Nitya Narasimhan, Motorola

* Paddy Nixon, UCD

* Umar Saif, LUMS, Pakistan

* Sotirios Terzis, Strathclyde

-- 
Mike Blackstock
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~michael

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet