Subject: [manet] Call for Posters and Demos: WiNTECH 2006, in conjunction with ACM MobiCom

From: Maneesh Varshney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:58:49 -0700

[Our apologies if you have received multiple copies of this CFP].

CALL FOR POSTERS AND DEMOS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The First International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds, 
Experimental evaluation and CHaracterization (WiNTECH 2006)
in conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2006
September 29, 2006
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

http://chenyen.cs.ucla.edu/events/wintech06/ 
*** Poster and Demo Abstract Submission Deadline: July 10, 2006 ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

OVERVIEW AND SCOPE
--------------------------------------

In recent years, some wireless technologies (e.g., WiFi, sensor 
networks) have matured to the point of finding wide acceptance in the 
real-world and leading to many new and interesting applications. At the 
same time, several new networking and radio technologies (e.g., dynamic 
spectrum access, UWB) are emerging to address the performance 
limitations of existing technologies and make wireless networking more 
ubiquitous. Realistic evaluation of such diverse set of technologies and 
their mutual interactions will play a major role in identifying the key 
performance bottlenecks, thus shape future advances in wireless 
technology. With this in mind, this workshop intends to bring together 
researchers working in the broad area of experimental wireless 
networking. This workshop will serve as a forum to share new 
ideas/experiences in all experimental aspects of wireless networks and 
systems, and facilitate discussions of key unresolved challenges in this 
area.

WiNTECH 2006 is soliciting proposals for research demonstrations of 
novel wireless testbed capabilities and measurement results. The session 
is intended to present the advances in tesbed and wireless 
characterizations and to foster discussions on future directions for 
wireless network evaluations. Demonstrations of works published earlier 
are also welcome.

WiNTECH 2006 is also seeking proposals for posters describing novel work 
in wireless network testbeds, measurements and characterizations. The 
posters may describe work in progress and offers an excellent 
opportunity for feedback and discussions on early research. Topics of 
interest include, but are not limited to:

* Design and evaluation of wireless testbeds, prototypes and platforms
* Experiences/lessons from recent testbed design efforts
* Hybrid experimentation approaches combining use of multiple evaluation 
methodologies
* Integration of diverse and distributed testbed infrastructures
* Testbed management issues and monitoring support
* Wireless testbed case studies
* Experimental evaluation of applications and protocols (at different 
layers), and the impact of cross-layer interactions
* Large-scale and heterogeneous wireless network evaluations
* Approaches for real-world evaluation of mobile networks
* Evaluation environments for sensor and satellite networks
* Techniques for improving reproducibility of real-world testing
* Implementation approaches to ease transition between various 
evaluation methodologies as well as to improve testbed accessibility
* New measurement methodologies and infrastructures
* Measurement and characterization (modeling) of various real-world 
aspects such as usage patterns, traffic, mobility and channel 
characteristics
* Interference and spectrum usage measurements
* Validation of existing simulation models, and results across different 
testbeds/evaluation methodologies
* Software tools in support of measurements, trace/data collection and 
management

For submission instructions please refer the workshop website. All 
submissions will be reviewed by the technical program committee and will 
be judged by their technical merit and relevance to workshop. The 
extended abstract of the accepted posters and demos will be published in 
the workshop proceedings and will be available at the ACM digital library.

IMPORTANT DATES
--------------------------------
Submission deadline: July 10, 2006
Author notification: August 1, 2006
Camera ready papers: August 11, 2006
Workshop date: September 29, 2006

FURTHER INFORMATION
----------------------------------------
Please visit the WiNTECH 2006 workshop website:
http://chenyen.cs.ucla.edu/events/wintech06/
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet