Subject: RE: [manet] custom statistic in opnet

From: "Mullen, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:38:55 -0600

Hi,

Just a quick note.  If you have a technical question specific to OPNET,
you may want to try the new forum for OPNET users in the University
program.  Got to the main OPNET page ( http://www.opnet.com/ ), then
click on support/user forums.  The University Program User Forum is
brand new.  It is also the only OPNET user forum that is available to
users who do not have maintenance agreements.

You do, however, need to have a username and password.

John P. Mullen, Ph.D.
(505) 646-2958
[email-masked]
 
-----Original Message-----
From: manet user [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 2:21 PM
To: Andrea Robba; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [manet] custom statistic in opnet

You can get help on custom statistic in Modeler tutorial as well as
OPNET support website's FAQ.

Below is the the excerpt from the FAQ:
There are basically four steps to creating statistics within process
models. (Note order does not matter):

1. Declare a new variable of type Stathandle in the State Variable block
of your custom process model.

2. Register the Stathandle using the kernel procedure op_stat_reg ().
This is usually done in an initialization state of the process model.

3. Write to the statistic using the Kernel Procedure op_stat_write ()
and the registered Stathandle. The op_stat_write () and op_stat_reg ()
kernel procedures are explained in the documentation "Simulation Kernel
-> Statistic Package"

4. Declare the statistic either in the Global or Local Statistic block
in the process editor under the "Interfaces" menu. Fill in the
information for each statistic you wish to create. This will then allow
you to choose the statistic later in the Project Editor.
Note that the column "Stat Name" must match the string passed into the
op_stat_reg () kp as that is how they are matched up during the
simulation. With modern product releases, you can also use the "Group"
field to position related statistics together for ease of use. Please
refer to the online documentation (Editor Reference Menu -> Process
Editor -> Pr. 4 Interfaces Menu Operations) for more details on creating
statistics.

Note that this will only make the statistic appear as a "Module
Statistic" in the Project Editor. In other words, when you right-click
on an individual node and select "Choose Individual Statistics", you
will see the new statistic under the "Module Statistics"
portion of the tree.

To make the statistic appear as a Node Statistic, do the following: In
the node model, Go to "Interfaces > Node Statistics". Click on "Orig.
Name" and choose the module statistic you created. You may then change
its name or group as it will appear in the Project editor.

Examples of creating statistics are also available in the Modeler
tutorials. 

--- Andrea Robba <[email-masked]> wrote:

> hi!
> 
> I need to add a custom statistics to a custom protocol based on 
> original ADOV model of OPNET MODELER 11.0 .
> 
> Any suggsetion ?
> 
> Best Regards,
> 
> Andrea Robba
> 
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
> 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet