Subject: [manet] wondering about the broadcasting and flooding

From: "Daniel luu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:34:17 -0400

Hey Folks:

Is there someone who can tell me the differenence of broadcasting and
flooding?
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Huazhi (Hank) Gong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:13:06 -0700 (PDT)

For wireless communication, broadcast is the characteristic of wireless share
media. Every mobile node's transmission per packet is broadcasting to all
the neighbors with its radio range.

Flooding is kind of routing protocol, it means whenever any mobile node want
to send a packet to the destination, it send the packets to all neighbors
and the neighbors send their neighbors and so on. Finally, this packet will
reach the destination.
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/wondering-about-the-broadcasting-and-flooding-tf1859079.html#a5078170
Sent from the IETF - manet forum at Nabble.com.