Subject: [manet] CFP LOCAN 2006: 2nd Int. Workshop on Localized Communication and Topology Control for Ad Hoc Networks

From: "Pedro M. Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 17:14:36 +0200

Our apologies for duplicate postings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  CALL FOR PAPERS - LOCAN 2006
        2nd International Workshop on Localized Communication
              and Topology Protocols for Ad hoc Networks

          in conjunction with MASS-2006 (www.ieee-mass.org)
               Vancouver, Canada, October 9 - 12, 2006

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBJECT AND SCOPE
-----------------
This workshop covers comprehensively the algorithmic issues in the hot
area of ad hoc and sensor networking. The design of data communication
techniques in multi-hop ad hoc networks has challenges at all layers
of communication. This workshop concentrates on the network layer
problems like data communication (routing, QoS-routing, geocasting,
multicasting, broadcasting, etc.)  and topology control (neighbor
discovery, power adjustment, neighbor elimination, etc.).

Additionally, sensor networks are currently recognized as one of the
priority research areas by NSF. The area of sensor networking is
gaining momentum within the research community. This workshop will
address ongoing research on this field, including problems such as:
physical properties, sensor training, security through intelligent
node cooperation, medium access, sensor area coverage with random and
deterministic placement, object location, sensor position
determination, energy efficient broadcasting and activity scheduling,
routing, connectivity, data dissemination and gathering, sensor
centric quality of routing, temporal message ordering, path exposure,
tree reconfiguration, topology construction, and transport layer.

The main paradigm shift is to apply localized (or greedy) schemes as
opposed to existing protocols requiring global information. Localized
algorithms are distributed algorithms where simple local node
behaviour achieves a desired global objective. Localized protocols
provide scalable solutions, that is, solutions for wireless networks
with an arbitrary number of nodes, which is the main goal of this
plan. Sensor and rooftop/mesh networks, for instance, have hundreds or
thousands of nodes.

The main objective of the workshop is to present state of the art
research results on data communication and topology control in rapidly
growing area of ad hoc and sensor networks, with emphasizes on
localized techniques.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Medium access control
* Analytical, mobility and validation models for ad hoc networks
* Hybrid networks and wireless Internet
* Security in ad hoc networks
* Data management issues, query processing, and data delivery
* Routing, broadcasting and multicasting in ad hoc networks
* Energy-efficient protocols for ad hoc networks
* Quality of service in medium access control and routing
* Topology construction and maintenance in ad hoc networks
* Neighborhood discovery and mobility management

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------
Manuscript Submission: June 19, 2006
Acceptance Notification: July 19, 2006
Final Manuscript Due: August 10, 2006

PAPER SUBMISSION
----------------
Papers must not exceed 10 single-spaced and two-column pages using at
least 10 point size type on 8.5 x 11 inches pages. See style files,
author guidelines and instructions at the conference website. Accepted
papers will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press, as
proceedings of the MASS2006 workshops. Please submit papers via email
to both program co-chairs ([email-masked], [email-masked]).

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS
-----------------
David Simplot-Ryl, University of Lille, France
Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
-----------------
Pedro M. Ruiz, University of Murcia, Spain
Fei Dai, North Dakota State University, USA

Program Committee
-----------------
Michel Barbeau, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
Raffaele Bruno, IIT-CNR, Italy
Ian Chakeres, Boing Inc., USA
Misha Dohler, France Telecom R&D, France
Stefan Dulman, University of Twente, Netherlands
Jie Gao, State University of New York, USA
J. J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz, USA
Silvia Giordano, University of Applied Science, SUPSI, Switzerland
Antonio F. Gomez-Skarmeta, University of Murcia, Spain
Isabelle Guerin Lassous, INRIA Rhone Alpes, France
Mattias Handy, Univ. Rostock, Germany
Thomas Kunz, Carleton University, Canada
Miguel A. Labrador, Univ. South Florida, USA
Pietro Manzoni, Univ. Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
Luis Orozco, Univ. Castilla La Mancha, Spain
Josep Paradells, Technical University of Catalonia (UPC), Spain
S. S. Ravi, State University of New York at Albany, USA
Isabelle Simplot-Ryl, University of Lille, France

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
----------------------
Additional information about the workshop will be continuously
updated at the LOCAN 2006 website.

                http://ants.dif.um.es/locan2006/

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedro M. Ruiz, Ph.D.                    E-mail: [email-masked]
Fac. Informatica, Univ. of Murcia       Phone:  +34968364335
Campus de Espinardo s/n                 Fax:    +34968364151
E-30100, Espinardo, Murcia              www: ants.dif.um.es/~pedrom/
SPAIN
---------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet