Subject: [manet] Routing in ns2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:57:36 +0430

Dear All,
Hi,
I added a routing protocol in the ns2, but I have an error that could not
overcome it.
when a packet received in a node (and the node is the destination of the packet)
I must send it to upper layer.
I do it same as other protocols by calling recv function of PortClassifier ( I
also initialize it in command function of the Agent).
but the packet never goes to the upper layer and return back to the recv
function of my agent.

please help me.

Regards,
--Reza

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Francisco J. Ros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:14:03 +0200

Hi,

Assuming that you're talking about a wireless routing protocol... The data 
packet directly goes to the upper layer agent without passing through the 
routing agent. I guess that the PortClassifier object which usually comes 
within ns2 ad hoc routing agents was used in the past, but afterwards the 
architecture changed and it's become useless.

If you need to process application packets from the routing agent, you can 
enable the promiscuous mode. In this way, you'll receive every packet which 
is heard by the node, including those packets you're interested in.

Anyway, this question is better suited for the 'ns-users' mailing list.

Regards,
fran

On Sunday 11 June 2006 08:27, [email-masked] wrote:
> when a packet received in a node (and the node is the destination of the
> packet) I must send it to upper layer.
> I do it same as other protocols by calling recv function of PortClassifier
> ( I also initialize it in command function of the Agent).

______________________________________________ 
LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. 
Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. 
http://es.voice.yahoo.com