Subject: [manet] SecureComm 2006 Call for Posters/Demos

From: "T. Karygiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 09:06:01 -0400

*******************************************************************

	   CALL FOR POSTER/DEMOS and CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                            SecureComm 2006

       Second IEEE Communications Society/CreateNet International
        Conference on Security and Privacy for Communication Networks

	      Baltimore, MD, USA, Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

                     URL: http://www.securecomm.org

                            CO-SPONSORED BY:
              IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
                     CreateNet (www.create-net.it)

		    In Cooperation with ACM SIGSAC

		Early Registration Ends August 1, 2006
*******************************************************************

The scope of Securecomm 2006 has been broadened since the inaugural
2005 event. Topics of interest encompass research advances in ALL
areas of secure communications and networking. Topics in other areas
(e.g., formal methods, database security, secure OS/software,
theoretical cryptography, e-commerce) will be considered only if a
clear connection to privacy and/or security in
communication/networking is demonstrated.

Securecomm aims to bring together security and privacy experts in
academia, industry and government as well as practitioners, standards
developers and policy makers.  Securecomm also serves as a venue for
learning about state-of-the-art in security and privacy
research. Presentations reporting on cutting-edge research results are
supplemented by panels on controversial issues and invited talks on
timely and important topics.

Areas of interest include, but ARE NOT limited to, the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

* Security & Privacy in Wired, Wireless, Mobile, Hybrid, Sensor, Ad Hoc
    networks
* Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DoS Countermeasures
* Firewalls, Routers, Filters and Malware detectors
* Public Key Infrastructures and Other Security Architectures
* Secure Web Communication
* Communication Privacy and Anonymity
* Secure/Private E-commerce
* Secure Routing, Naming/Addressing, Network Management
* Security & Privacy in Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, e.g., RFIDs

PAPERS: Regular Technical Paper submissions are closed.

POSTERS/DEMOS:
Securecomm 2006 will include poster/demonstration sessions that shall
provide a forum to present and discuss: works in progress, industry
demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, research
testbeds and demonstrations, recent research/implementation results,
upcoming research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches
in the fields of communications and network security and privacy.

Proposals for posters/demo presentations are solicited.  Proposals
will be reviewed and selection will be made based on the perceived
value to the research community and interest level for the conference
attendees. Proposals should not exceed 3 pages and should include: a
description of the poster/demo, the focus area, technologies involved,
specific equipment to be used (for demos), demo layout and space
required. Please submit proposals to the Research Demos Chair by
June 15, 2006 by email to: [email-masked].

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

POSTER/DEMO Submissions due:	June 15, 2006
NOTIFICATION date:		July 6, 2006
Author Registration Deadline:	August 1, 2006
Conference Dates:		 Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

For information regarding the conference, please visit
http://www.securecomm.org or contact one of the Chairs below.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet