Subject: [manet] WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS AND MOBILE COMPUTING

From: Khaldoun Al Agha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:02:21 +0200

WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS AND MOBILE COMPUTING

Special Issue Announcement

Guest Editors
CHRISTOPHE GUETTIER, USAGEM SA, France, [email-masked]
YI SHANG, University of Missour-Columbia, USA, [email-masked]
HONGCHI SHI, University of Missour-Columbia, USA, [email-masked]
YING ZHANG, Palo Alto Research Center, USA, [email-masked]
Distributed Systems of Sensors and Actuators

Sensor and actuator systems are rapidly evolving towards a physically 
heterogeneous and distributed but functionally integrated environment 
consisting of both wired and wireless components. Furthermore, 
battery-powered networked devices are becoming increasingly more common 
and mobile ad-hoc and wireless sensor networks are receiving 
considerable attention. The issue of distributed systems of sensors and 
actuators poses many challenges and calls for systems solutions that are 
efficient, robust, scalable, and easily deployable.

This special issue seeks original contributions in the design, analysis 
and experimental evaluation of distributed systems of sensors and 
actuators, particularly the ones connected through wireless networks. 
Papers on practical as well as on theoretical topics and problems are 
invited. Suggested topics include (but are not limited to):

System resource management for sensor/actuator systems
Real-time learning for sensor/actuator systems
Self-healing, self-organized systems
Architecture/middleware for sensor/actuator networks
Distributed constraint-based/QoS routing in sensor networks
Efficient multicast and convergecast for query processing
Distributed localization and tracking
Distributed task/resource allocation
Novel applications of large-scale actuated sensors
Theoretical foundations of large-scale sensor/actuator networks

The guest editors encourage the authors to submit their manuscripts as 
an email attachment to one of the guest editors, or to provide a URL 
with a PDF or postscript version of their manuscript. Detailed 
instructions to authors can be found in:
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jabout/76507157/ForAuthors.html

Submission Deadline: Oct 1, 2006
Notification of acceptance: Jan 1, 2007
Camera-ready papers: March 1, 2007
Publication: second half of 2007

Schedule:
Submission Deadline: Oct 1, 2006
Notification of acceptance: Jan 1, 2007
Camera-ready papers: March 1, 2007
Publication: second half of 2007

Wiley

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet