Subject: [manet] WiNTECH Workshop with ACM MobiCom 2006 -- Call for Participation

From: "Mahesh Marina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:59:29 -0700

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies of this message.

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

WiNTECH 2006

The First ACM International Workshop on Wireless Network Testbeds,
Experimental evaluation and CHaracterization in conjunction with ACM MobiCom
2006

Los Angeles, CA, USA

September 29, 2006

http://chenyen.cs.ucla.edu/events/wintech06/  

Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

WiNTECH 2006 workshop program will feature a keynote by Dr. David Goodman
from NSF, 11 regular paper presentations, and a poster/demo session (with 9
posters and 10 demos). Tentative program is attached below. For additional
details, please visit the workshop website:
http://chenyen.cs.ucla.edu/events/wintech06/  

Early registration deadline is Sun, Sep 3, 2006. To register for the
workshop, please visit:
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2006/registration.html  

TENTATIVE PROGRAM

Fri, September 29, 2006

7:30 AM Breakfast/On-site Registration

8:30 AM Welcome

8:45 AM Keynote 

"Twenty-First Century Networking: Beyond Bits and Packets"

David Goodman (Polytechnic University and National Science Foundation)

9: 15 AM Session 1: Testbeds

A Software Architecture for Physical Layer Wireless Network Emulation

Glenn Judd and Peter Steenkiste (Carnegie Mellon University, US) 

An Integrated Approach to the Development of Wireless Network Protocols

David Lapsely and Marcos Bergamo (BBN Technologies,

US)

Adaptive Wireless Network Testbed for Cognitive Radio Technology

Kentaro Ishizu, Yoshia Saito, Zhou Lan and Masahiro Kuroda (National
Institute of Information and Communications Technology, JP) 

10:40 AM Coffee Break

11:00 AM Session 2: Experimental Evaluation Studies

Experimental Evaluation and Characterization of the Magnets Wireless
Backbone

Roger Karrer (Technical University Berlin, DE); Istvan Matyasovszki
(University of Limerick, IE); Alessio Botta (CINI, Consorzio
Interuniversitario per l'Informatica, IT); Antonio Pescape' (University of
Naples, IT) 

COMPASS: A Probabilistic Indoor Positioning System Based on 802.11 and
Digital Compasses

Thomas King, Stephan Kopf, Thomas Haenselmann, Christian Lubberger and
Wolfgang Effelsberg (University of Mannheim, DE) 

Optimal CWmin Selection for Achieving Proportional Fairness in Multi-Rate
802.11e WLANs: Test-bed Implementation and Evaluation

Vasilios Siris (Institute of Computer Science, FORTH / University of Crete,
GR); George Stamatakis (University of Crete, GR) 

Collision Avoidance in Multi-Reader RFID Networks

Shweta Jain and Samir Das (SUNY at Stony Brook, US)

12:45 AM Lunch

2:00 PM Session 3: Characterization Studies

Characterizing Multi-Way Interference In Wireless Mesh Networks

Saumitra Das, Dimitris Koutsonikolas, Y. Charlie Hu and Dimitrios Peroulis
(Purdue University, US) 

Implications of Link Range and (In)Stability on Sensor Network Architecture

Kameswari Chebrolu, Bhaskaran Raman, Naveen Madabhushi, Dattatraya Gokhale,
Phani Valiveti and Dheeraj Jain (Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur,
IN); 

Multipath profile discrimination in TOA-based WLAN ranging with link layer
frames

Marc Ciurana, Francisco Barcelo and Sebastiano Cugno (Technical University
of Catalonia, ES) 

An Empirical Analysis of Heterogeneity in IEEE 802.11 MAC Protocol
Implementations and its Implications

Gopinath Nagabhushan (AirTight Networks, IN); Pravin Bhagwat (ReefEdge, US);
K. Gopinath (IISc, IN) 

3:40 PM Coffee Break

4:00 PM Poster & Demo Session - 9 posters and 10 demonstrations (For
details, please visit:
http://chenyen.cs.ucla.edu/events/wintech06/program.html)

5:30 PM Closing

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet