Subject: [manet] About TCP Westwood

From: Venkataramana Badarla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:07:03 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I am testing the performance of TCP-Westwood over ad hoc wireless 
networks. When I compared the results of Westwood with those of TCP 
Newreno, surprisingly Westwood shows poorer performance that Newreno.

My question is that, are there any studies done on the performance of 
TCP-Westwood over multi-hop wireless networks. If so, kindly give me the 
links.

Also, the Westwood code obtained from the authors at
"http://www.cs.ucla.edu/NRL/hpi/tcpw/" is giving errors at sometime. The 
error is that the bandwidth estimation of Westwood becomes -ve.

So is there any correct version of Westwood available?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards
Venkataramana

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet