Subject: [manet] CFP: CRAWDAD Wireless Measurement Workshop at MobiCom

From: Jihwang Yeo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:08:53 -0400 (EDT)

[Apologies if you receive this message more than once due to
cross-posting]

                       CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                       CRAWDAD Workshop 2006
       Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth
                  In Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE
             http://crawdad.cs.dartmouth.edu/workshop2006
                   September 25th, 1:30pm-6:00pm

            Co-located with MobiCom in Los Angeles, CA, USA

CRAWDAD is the Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At
Dartmouth, an NSF-funded effort to build an archive with the capacity
to store wireless trace data and tools from many contributing
locations, and with the staff to develop better tools for collecting,
sanitizing, and analyzing this data. CRAWDAD supports the research
community by providing real data about wireless network usage,
including traffic and mobility patterns. The CRAWDAD project is
working with the community to ensure that the archive meets community
needs. One of our key efforts is to hold an annual, informal workshop
at Mobicom to share CRAWDAD news and to encourage the community to
help guide the CRAWDAD project. We are planning an interactive,
collaborative program.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who collects, or uses, traces of wireless-network activity in
their research or product development. This includes people interested
in measuring or analyzing wireless-network traffic, wireless-device
mobility, or who build models or simulators of wireless networks.

TENTATIVE PROGRAM:
- Welcome and CRAWDAD introduction, by David Kotz and Tristan
   Henderson
- CRAWDAD web site and demo by Jihwang Yeo
- Invited talk by CRAWDAD user, Songwu Lu (UCLA)
- Invited talk by CRAWDAD data contributor, James Scott (Intel
   Research Cambridge)
- Refreshments: ample munchies and beverages
- Invited talk on educational uses of CRAWDAD by Mark Hansen (UCLA) 
- Break-out group discussion on the future of CRAWDAD

REGISTRATION: FREE
But please pre-register at the MobiCom 2006 site so that we can order
enough food.
http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2006/registration.html

For more information, please contact [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet