Subject: [manet] Fw: Special Session on Wireless Sensor Networks (IEEE CCNC 2007)

From: "Jinglun Shi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:24:13 +0800

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

**********************************************************************
********                       CCNC 2007                      ********
******                                                          ******
****           Special Session on Wireless Sensor Networks        ****
**      IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference      **
*                                                                    *
*                         Las Vegas, Nevada, USA                     *
*                           January 11-13, 2007                      *
*                                                                    *
*                    http://www.ieee-ccnc.org/2007/                  *
*                                                                    *
*                           CALL FOR PAPERS                          *
**********************************************************************

Scope of Special Session on Wireless Sensor Networks:
=====================================================

Wireless sensor networks (WSN) have experienced an explosive growth during the last few years. Aggregating sensor nodes into sophisticated sensing, computational and communication infrastructures to form wireless sensor networks will have a significant impact on a wide array of applications ranging from military, to scientific, to industrial, to health-care, to domestic. The new technologies, such as data aggregation, routing algorithms, and solutions for wireless sensor networks with Internet, and energy-efficient schemes, are needed and integrated together for the development of wireless sensor networks.

The goal of this session is to provide a cross-disciplinary forum for researchers in both academia and industry addressing the rich space of WSN system design issues to interact and exchange recent results. Topics include but are not limited to the following:

  a.. Solutions for wireless sensor networks with Internet 
  b.. Routing Algorithm for mobile Ad hoc Networks with sensor nodes 
  c.. Communication protocols for WSNs, e.g. MAC and routing, addressing schemes 
  d.. Distributed Sensor and Actor Network Tasking and Self Organization 
  e.. Data compression, association, aggregation 
  f.. Distributed Sensor Networks - Networking Caching Issues 
  g.. Hardware for WSNs and its impact on communication protocols 
  h.. Operating systems and middleware for WSNs 
  i.. Distributed classification and data fusion 

Important Dates:
================

Paper submission deadline  :          September 10, 2006
Notification of acceptance :          September 30, 2006
Camera-ready version due   :            October 10, 2006

Session Co-Organizers:
======================

  Jinglun Shi           Sun Yat-Sen University
                       ([email-masked])

  Shunzheng Yu          Sun Yat-Sen University
                       ([email-masked])
                       
  Dezhi Han             Sun Yat-Sen University
                        ([email-masked])

Submission Instructions:
========================

Prospective authors are  invited to submit regular technical papers or 
position papers.  The later should  present novel  technologies  at an 
early stage of development or share future vision. All the submissions 
should  describe  original,   previously  unpublished  research,   not 
currently under review by any other conference or journal. Manuscripts 
should not exceed 5 pages in double-column IEEE format.  Please submit 
the paper through EDAS and send a notice to [email-masked].

1. Log on to http://edas.info and click on "submit paper" button.
2. Look  for  CCNC'07  in  the  conference  list  and  click   on  the 
   corresponding  "submit paper"  button.  You  will be brought to the 
   CCNC'07  paper  submission  page  titled "Register a paper for 2007 
   IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference".
3. On  the  paper  submission  page,  you  will find a list of tracks. 
   Choose  "CCNC'07  -  Special  Sessions  Track"  and  click  on  the 
   corresponding "submit paper" button.
4. Select "SS03. Wireless Sensor Networks" from Track pull down at the 
   bottom of the submission form.
5. Fill in the submission form.
6. Click on the "Submit" button.
7. Upload your paper.
8. Send an email notification to [email-masked].

All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed with the same standard
as the  regular  technical  session  papers.  The papers will be judged 
with respect to their relevance, novelty, significance, correctness and 
readability. The  accepted  papers  will  appear  at the IEEE CCNC 2007 
conference proceedings. At  least  one  of the authors of each accepted 
special session paper must be physically present at the special session 
and present the paper. Please note also the NEW IEEE/COMSOC POLICY: all 
accepted CCNC 2007 technical paper presenters must register at the FULL 
registration rate.  For  authors  presenting  multiple papers, one FULL 
registration  is  valid  for up to three papers. Several Student Travel 
Grants  will  be  made  available for the CCNC'07. There will also be a 
Best Paper Award and a Best Student Paper Award.

_______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet