Subject: [manet] SecureComm 2006 - Call for Participation

From: Cristina Nita-Rotaru <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:11:35 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleague,

 Please find attached the call for participation, including a detailed
 technical program, for the Second International Conference on
 Security and Privacy for Communication Networks (SecureComm 2006) to
 be held in Baltimore, MD from Aug. 28 to Sept. 1, 2006.

 More information is available on the website: www.securecomm.org

 We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message. Please
 feel free to distribute this to colleagues who might be interested.

Best Regards,

SecureComm 2006 Organizing  Committee

*******************************************************************

                        CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                     Including Technical  Program

                           SecureComm 2006

      Second International Conference on Security and Privacy for
                        Communication Networks

                 Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore Hotel
              Baltimore, MD, USA, Aug. 28 - Sep. 1, 2006

                    URL: http://www.securecomm.org

                           CO-SPONSORED BY:
             IEEE Communications Society (www.comsoc.org)
                    CreateNet (www.create-net.it)

                    In Cooperation with ACM SIGSAC

                Early Registration Ends August 1, 2006
****************************************************************

The scope of Securecomm 2006 has been broadened since the inaugural
2005 event. Topics of interest encompass research advances in ALL
areas of secure communications and networking.

Securecomm aims to bring together security and privacy experts in
academia, industry and government as well as practitioners, standards
developers and policy makers.  Securecomm also serves as a venue for
learning about state-of-the-art in security and privacy
research. Presentations reporting on cutting-edge research results are
supplemented by panels on controversial issues and invited talks on
timely and important topics.

For information regarding the conference, please visit
http://www.securecomm.org or contact one of the Chairs below.

*******************************************************************

                          TECHNICAL PROGRAM

TUESDAY, August 29:

08:30 - 09:00   Introduction and Welcome

09:00 - 10:00   Keynote Talk, Dr. Charles Palmer, IBM;
                Title: "An(other) Inconvenient Truth"

10.15 - 12:00   Session 1: INTRUSION DETECTION and DoS

    * A Flexible Approach to Intrusion Alert Anonymization and Correlation
          Dingbang Xu, Peng Ning

    * An Intelligent Infrastructure Strategy to Improving the
      Performance and Detection Capability of Intrusion Detection
      Systems
            Emmanuel Hooper

    * Framework for Identifying Compromised Nodes in Sensor Networks
          Qing Zhang, Ting Yu, Peng Ning

   * Denial of Service Attacks and Defenses in Decentralized Trust
Management
          Ninghui Li, Jiangtao Li, XiaoFeng Wang, Ting Yu

01:30 - 03:15   Session 2: WORMS and VIRUSES

    * An Architecture for an Email Worm Prevention System
          Mohamed Taibah, Ehab Al-Shaer

    * Distributed Stealthy Coordination Mechanism for Worm Synchronization
          Gaurav Kataria, Gaurav Anand, Rudolph Araujo, Ramayya Krishnan,
          Adrian Perrig

    * Effective Detection of Active Worms with Varying Scan Rate
          Wei Yu, Xun Wang, Dong Xuan, David Lee

    * On Mobile Viruses Exploiting Messaging and Bluetooth Services
         Abhijit Bose, Kang G. Shin

03:30 - 05:15   Session 3: AD HOC NETWORKS:

    * Discount Anonymous On Demand Routing for Mobile Ad hoc Networks
          Liu Yang, Markus Jakobsson, Susanne Wetzel

    * In-Band Wormholes and Countermeasures in OLSR Networks
          Peter Kruus, Dan Sterne, Richard Gopaul, Michael Heyman, Brian
          Rivera, Peter Budulas, Brian Luu, Tommy Johnson, Natalie Ivanic,
          Geoff Lawler

   * Detecting the Sybil Attack in Ad hoc Networks
          Clay Shields, Chris Piro, Brian N. Levine

    * Enhancing Benign User Cooperation in the Presence of Malicious
      Adversaries in Ad Hoc Networks
            George Theodorakopoulos, John Baras

07:00 - 09:00:   Demo and Poster Session:

DEMOS:

Mobipot, Takehiro Takahashi

Policy Machine Demonstration, David Ferraiolo

Bootstrapping for MIPv6, Vishnu Ram

Electromagnetic Signatures of WLAN Cards: Identification of Cards in
the Presence of an Interferer, Kate Remley and Bob Johnk

PSELS: Practical Secure Email Lists Services, Himanshu Khurana, Jin
Heo and Meenal Pant

Pvault: A Client Server System Providing Mobile Access to Personal Data,
Ravi Chandra Jammalamadaka, Sharad Mehrotra, Nalini Venkatasubramanian

POSTERS:

Collaborative Location Certification for Sensor Networks, Sol Lederer

Physical Layer Information Assurance Enhancement Using Phased Arrays, Joe
Carey

Enhancing Privacy Preservation of Anonymous Location Sampling
Techniques in Traffic Monitoring Systems, Baik Hoh, Marco Gruteser

Security in Mobile Ad hoc Networks, G.V.S.Raju

A Centralized Group Rekeying Scheme for Secure Group Communication in
Wireless Sensor Networks, Yong Wang and Byrav Ramamurthy

---------------- DAY 2 ---------------------

WEDNESDAY, August 30:

09:00 - 10:00:  Invited Talk, Mr. Brian Snow, Title: "We Need Assurance"

10.15 - 12:00   Session 4: APPLIED CRYPTO + CODING

    * An Identity-based Ring Signature Scheme with Enhanced Privacy
          Chandana Gamage, Ben Gras, Andrew Tanenbaum, Bruno Crispo

    * Implementation and Performance Evaluation of EAP-TLS-KS
          Jared Cordasco, Ulrike Meyer, and Susanne Wetzel

    * Provably Secure Ubiquitous Systems: Universally Composable RFID
      Authentication Protocols
          Mike Burmester, Tri van Le, Breno de Medeiros

    * Packet coding for strong anonymity in ad hoc networks
          Imad Aad, Claude Castelluccia, Jean-Pierre Hubaux

01:30 - 03:15   Session 5: MALICIOUS TRAFFIC

    * Protecting Against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attacks
      Using Distributed Filtering
            Jonathan Trostle

    * A Double Horizon Defense Design for Robust Regulation of
      Malicious Traffic
            Ying Xu, Roch Guerin

    * TOPO: A Topology-aware Single Packet Attack Traceback Scheme
          Linfeng Zhang, Yong Guan

    * On filtering of DDoS attacks based on source address prefixes
          Cristian Estan, Gary Pack, Jaeyoung Yoon, Eli Collins

03:30 - 05:15   Session 6: Network Security I:

    * Preventing Cross Site Request Forgery Attacks
          Nenad Jovanovic, Christopher Kruegel, Engin Kirda
   * DaTA -- Data Transparent Authentication without Communication
Overhead
          Songqing Chen, Shiping Chen, Xinyuan Wang, Sushil Jajodia

    * Attacking Mobile Phones by Exploiting Emerging Vulnerabilities
      in Cellular Data Services
          Hao Chen, Denys Ma, Radmilo Racic

    * MOBIWORP: Mitigation of the Wormhole Attack in Mobile Multihop
      Wireless Networks
          Issa Khalil, Saurabh Bagchi, Ness Shroff

06:30 - 08:00   Conference Reception

---------------- DAY 3 ---------------------

THURSDAY, August 31:

08:30 - 10:00   PANEL

TITLE: Achieving Practical Private Information Retrieval

CHAIR: Radu Sion (SUNY, Stony Brook)

PANELISTS: Aggelos Kiayias (Univ. of Connecticut), Giovanni Di
           Crescenzo (Telcordia), William Gasarch (Univ. of Maryland) and
Moti
           Yung (RSA, Inc. and Columbia Univ.)

10:15 - 12:00   Session 7:  Network Security II:

    * Leveraging IPsec for Mandatory Access Control Across Systems
          Trent Jaeger, Dave King, Kevin Butler, Serge Hallyn, Joy
          Latten, Xiaolan Zhang

    * Enabling Confidentiality in Content-Based Publish/Subscribe
      Infrastructures
            Costin Raiciu, David Rosenblum

    * Non-Invasive Methods for Host Certification
           Patrick Traynor, Michael Chien, Scott Weaver, Boniface
           Hicks, Patrick McDaniel
   * Secure Real-time User Preference Collection for Broadcast Scheduling
          Xuhua Ding, Baihua Zheng, Shuhong Wang

01:00 - 02:45   Session 8: SENSOR and CELLULAR NETWORKS:

    * Message Dropping Attacks in Overlay Networks: Attack Detection
      and Attacker Identification
            Liang Xie, Sencun Zhu

    * How to Design Connected Sensor Networks that are Provably Secure
          Roberto Di Pietro, Luigi Mancini, Alessandro Mei, Jaikumar
          Radhakrishnan, Alessandro Panconesi

    * Distributed Authentication of Program Integrity Verification in
      Wireless Sensor Networks
          Katharine Chang, Kang G. Shin

    * Towards More Efficient Distance Bounding Protocols for Use in
      Sensor Networks
          Catherine Meadows, Paul Syverson, LiWu Chang

END OF CONFERENCE

Workshops will be held on Monday, August 28 and September 1 (Friday)

*******************************************************************

                   CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs
-----------------

Mukesh Singhal, University of Kentucky, [email-masked]
John Baras, University of Maryland, College Park, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs
---------------------------

Steve Kent, BBN, [email-masked]
Gene Tsudik, UC Irvine,  [email-masked]
Workshops Chair
---------------

G. Manimaran, Iowa State University, [email-masked]

Panels Co-Chairs
----------------

Bruno Crispo, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands, [email-masked]
Avishai Wool, Technion, Israel, [email-masked]

Research Demos/Exhibits Chair
-----------------------------

Tom Karygiannis, NIST, [email-masked]

Sponsorships Chair
------------------

Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, [email-masked]

Publicity Co-Chairs
-------------------

Peng Liu, Penn State University, [email-masked]
Cristina Nita-Rotaru, Purdue University, [email-masked]

Publication Chair
-----------------

Farooq Anjum, Telcordia Technologies, [email-masked]

Steering Committee:
-------------------

 Imrich Chlamtac (Chair), Create-Net
 Krishna M. Sivalingam (Co-Chair), University of Maryland, Baltimore
County
 Gene Tsudik, University of California, Irvine
 Brian Bigalke,  (Staff Liaison, IEEE Communications Society)
                 TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
                   ---------------------------

 N. Asokan              Nokia Research
 Giuseppe Ateniese      Johns Hopkins University
 Tuomas Aura            Microsoft Research
 Dirk Balfanz           PARC
 Bharat Bhargava        Purdue
 Matt Bishop            University of California, Davis
 Levente Buttyan        Budapest University of Technology
 Srdjan Capkun          Technical University of Denmark
 Claude Castelluccia    Inria Rhone-Alpes
 Tom Chen               Southern Methodist University
 Bruno Crispo           Vrije Universitet
 Breno de Medeiros      University of Central Florida
 Robert Deng            Singapore Management University
 Xuhua Ding             Singapore Management University
 Glenn Durfee           PARC
 Bao Feng               Institute for Infocomm Research
 Dieter Gollmann        Technical University of Hamburg-Harb
 Richard Han            University of Colorado at Boulder
 Tom Karygiannis        NIST
 Yongdae Kim            University of Minnessota
 Christopher Kruegel    Technical University of Vienna
 Kwok-Yan Lam           Tsinghua University
 Brian LaMacchia        Microsoft
 Carl Landwehr          University of Maryland
 Wenke Lee              Georgia Tech
 Albert Levi            Sabanci University,
 Ninghui Li             Purdue
 Peng Liu               Pennsylvania State University
 Luigi Mancini          Unversity of Rome - La Sapienza
 Fabio Massacci         University of Trento
 Ludovic Me'            Supelec
 Pietro Michiardi       Eurecom Institute
 Refik Molva            Eurecom Institute
 Mats Naslund           Ericsson Research
 Pekka Nikander         Ericsson Nomadiclab
 Cristina Nita-Rotaru   Purdue
 Radha Poovendran       University of Washington
 Byrav Ramamurthy       University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Michael Roe            Microsoft Research
 Sanjeev Setia          George Mason University
 Cliff Wang             Army Research Laboratory
 Helen Wang             Microsoft Research
 Ron Watro              BBN
 Dirk Westhoff          NEC Research
 Susanne Wetzel         Stevens Institute of Technology
 Avishai Wool           Tel Aviv University
 Shouhuai Xu            University of Texas, San Antonio
 Xiaowei Yang           University of California, Irvine
 Bulent Yener           Rensselauer Polytechnic Institute
 Jeong Hyun Yi          Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
 Jianying Zhou          Institute for Infocomm Research
 Alf Zugenmaier         DoCoMo Labs

************************************************************************

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet