Subject: [manet] INTER-PERF: Call for Participation

From: "EJ Collins, Mathematics" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:01:30 +0100

(Apologies for cross-posting)
------------------------------------------------------------------

**                 ** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION **                 **

------------------------------------------------------------------

                 ********   INTER-PERF   *********
                 *** http://www.inter-perf.org  ***
                Workshop on Interdisciplinary Systems
           Approach in Performance Evaluation and Design
               of Computer & Communication Systems
                   Pisa, Italy, October 14, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------------

                  Co-located with VALUETOOLS 2006
                    http://www.valuetools.org
                First International Conference on
          Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools

                   In technical cooperation with:
                          Create-Net/ICST
                       IEEE Computer Society

                             Sponsors
                 *** Microsoft Research, INRIA ***
-------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES

Early registration deadline:     September 11, 2006

INTER-PERF workshop:             October 14, 2006

VALUETOOLS conference sessions:   October 11-13, 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------

KEYNOTE TALKS

** Laurent Massoulie (Thomson Research Paris, France):
  Stability of decentralized control mechanisms: from congestion
  control to peer-to-peer broadcasting

** Stavros Toumpis (University of Cyprus, Cyprus):
  Optimal design and operation of massively dense wireless networks
 (or how to solve 21th century problems using 19th mathematics)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

TECHNICAL PROGRAM

** Two invited talks
** Six regular research papers

Please check: http://www.inter-perf.org/techprog.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE

The area of communication networks has become increasingly diverse
over the past decade, driven by an increasingly wide range of
application scenarios including ad-hoc networks, mobile networks,
sensor networks, and peer to peer networks. Issues of particular 
interest relate to networks that are large scale in terms computing
elements and users, or closely coupled to the spatial environment
of their deployment.

At an appropriate level of abstraction, the operational principles
of such systems may exhibit great similarity with systems found in 
other sciences, and this naturally suggests using models and
techniques that are standard in other scientific areas such as
biological systems, economics, epidemiology, physics and the social
sciences.

Inter-Perf aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from
the many scientific disciplines where such issues of scalability,
self-organization and robustness arise. In particular, it seeks
contributions which derive insights and techniques from these areas
that can be used either to evaluate the performance of existing
communication systems or to inspire the design of new ones.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Co-chairs:
Sean Collins            (University of Bristol, UK)
Milan Vojnovic          (Microsoft Research, UK)

Committee members:
Sem Borst               (Bell Labs, USA & CWI, Netherlands)
Mark Burgess            (Oslo College, Norway)
Hana El-Samad           (University of California San Francisco, USA)
Ayalvadi Ganesh         (Microsoft Research, UK)
Ramesh Johari           (Stanford University, USA)
George Kesidis          (Pennsylvania State University, USA)
Jean-Yves Le Boudec     (EPFL, Switzerland)
Armand M. Makowski      (University of Maryland, USA)
Peter Marbach           (University of Toronto, CA)
Jose Fernando Mendes    (University of Aveiro, Portugal)
David Nicol             (University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, USA)
Devavrat Shah           (MIT, USA)
Anil Somayaji           (Carleton University, CA)
Leandros Tassiulas      (University of Thessaly, Greece)
Patrick Thiran          (EPFL, Switzerland)
Don Towsley             (University of Massachusetts at Amherst, USA)
Gustavo de Veciana      (University of Texas at Austin, USA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

REGISTRATION

You may register for the Inter-Perf workshop at the main VALUETOOLS
registration web page:
https://icst.org/registration/reg_valuetools_2006.php

Reduced registration fees are available for students and members of
the following institutions: IEEE, ACM, INRIA, CNR, University of
Pisa and CREATE-NET.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr E J Collins                 |  Telephone:   +44 (0)117 928 7977
Department of Mathematics      |  Fax:         +44 (0)117 928 7999
University of Bristol          |  email:    [email-masked]
University Walk,               |
Bristol BS8 1TW, U.K.          |  http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/~maejc
---------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet