Subject: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-chakeres-manet-iana-01.txt

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:50:12 -0700

I've revised the IANA document. I have broken it down to the bare
minimum and I believe we need these items ASAP.

I would also like to use this opportunity to revive discussion about a
scoped multicast address for MANET. In the SMF document is an address
called "All MANET Nodes". In the previous revision of the draft, I
mentioned two possible scoped multicast addresses All MANET Nodes and
All MANET Routers.

I personally belive a scoped multicast address for All MANET Routers
would be useful in MANET & Autoconf. If you agree, please chime in.
Otherwise, I will drop the subject until it becomes an issue.

Ian Chakeres

FYI: A new MANET architecture document (ARCH-01) will be coming out
soon, get ready.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Sep 24, 2006 12:50 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chakeres-manet-iana-01.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : MANET IANA Needs
        Author(s)       : I. Chakeres
        Filename        : draft-chakeres-manet-iana-01.txt
        Pages           : 6
        Date            : 2006-9-24

This document enumerates IANA assignments for immediate use in MANET
   routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chakeres-manet-iana-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-chakeres-manet-iana-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chakeres-manet-iana-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet