Subject: [manet] CFP: Third IEEE PerCom Workshop on Pervasive Wireless Networking (PWN07)

From: "Mieso Denko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:26:35 -0400

Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.
-----------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS
Third IEEE PerCom Workshop on Pervasive Wireless Networking (PWN07)
( http://www.eecs.orst.edu/~benl/PWN07)

in conjunction with Fifth IEEE International Conference on
Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2007, http://www.percom.org)

White Plains, New York
March 19-23, 2007

WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES
Wireless connectivity, mobility support, location awareness, and
integration of wireless networks to the Internet are key research
challenges in pervasive computing and communications.  With the
advent of inexpensive wireless solutions such as WiFi, Bluetooth,
and ZigBee, a number of challenges arise when these protocols are
applied to wireless PAN, home networking, and wireless LANs.
This workshop seeks papers describing significant research
contributions to the theory, practice, and evaluation of wireless
networks for pervasive computing.  Exploitation of emerging
wireless technologies such as transmit power and rate control,
spectral agility, adaptive carrier sensing, cooperative
communication as well as application of existing technologies to
new applications such as wireless mesh networks and sensor
networks are especially welcomed. Technical papers describing
original, previously unpublished research, not currently under
review by another conference or journal, are solicited. Workshop
topics include (but not limited to):

Media access techniques and protocols
Mobility and location management
Power management and energy aware protocols
Adaptive transmit and rate control
Spectral agility and cooperative communication
Mobile ad hoc and wireless mesh networks
Distributed wireless sensor networks
Integration and internetworking of wired and wireless networks
Self-configuration and distributed algorithms
Quality-of-service issues
Network architectures and testbeds
Measurement studies
Modelling and performance evaluation

SUBMISSION
Authors are requested to submit original papers of no more than
5 pages (standard IEEE proceedings two-column format), including
figures, tables, and references in PDF format that include
contact information of all the authors to Prof. Ben Lee
([email-masked]). If you have any questions regarding the
submission process, please send e-mail to [email-masked].
Note that each accepted paper has to have one author registered
as a full (non-student) technical session attendee. The papers
from this workshop will be published in the proceedings of the
Fifth IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and
Communications by IEEE Press.

IMPORTANT DATES
September 29, 2006: Paper due
November 22, 2006: Acceptance notification
December 22, 2006: Final camera ready paper due

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS
Ben Lee, Oregon State Univ. [email-masked]
Chansu Yu, Cleveland State Univ. [email-masked]

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Martin Mauve (Univ. Dusseldorf, Germany)
Dongman Lee (ICU, Korea)
Mikhail Nesterenko (Kent State Univ.)
Teruo Higashino (Osaka Univ., Japan)
Laura Marie Feeney (SICS, Sweden)
Mieso Denko (Univ. of Guelph, Canada)
Michael McGuire (Univ. of Victoria, Canada)
Seung-Woo Seo (Seoul National Univ., Korea)
Marcelo Amorim (CNRS, France)
Xiaoyan Hong (Univ. of Alabama)
Myungchul Kim (ICU, Korea)
Benyuan Liu (Univ. of Mass., Lowell)
Tracy Camp (Colorado School of Mines)
John A. Stine (MITRE Corp.)
Takahiro Hara (Osaka Univ., Japan )
Heeyong Youn (Sungkyunkwan Univ., Korea)

PUBLICITY CHAIR
Mieso Denko, Univ. of Guelph, Canada [email-masked] 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet