Subject: [manet] ICCCN '2006 Call for Participation in ONE MONTH.

From: Xi Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 11:30:25 -0500 (CDT)

*Sorry for receiving multiple copies*

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

Attached below please find a very exciting program of ICCCN-06 to be held
in Washington DC, Oct. 9-11, 2006. We cordially invite you to join us. For
more information about the technical program, visit the conference website
at:

http://sa1.sice.umkc.edu/icccn06/

Hope to see you all there. If you have any questions, please feel free to
contact Professor E.K. Park ([email-masked]) or me ([email-masked])

With my best regards, 

	Xi Zhang

=========================================================================
Xi Zhang                            Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. & Comput. Engin.     Phone: 979-458-1416 
Texas A&M University                Fax:   979-845-2630 
333N WERC Building                  Email: [email-masked] 
College Station, Texas 77843, USA   URL http://dropzone.tamu.edu/~xizhang
=========================================================================

_______________________________

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to cordially invite you to join us at the ICCCN 2006
to be held in Arlington, Virginia USA (at the Sheraton Hotel Crystal
City, near Washington DC) on October 9 - 11, 2006. The event will
provide you with the latest results on research, development and 
application of computer communications and networks !

We are looking forward to welcoming you in DC USA!!

ICCCN 2006 General Chair, Program Chairs & Publicity Chair
 Yuanyuan Yang, Wu Feng, katie Guo, and Nasir Ghani

---------- Highlights of the  ICCCN 2006  Conference -------------
  
               ICCCN 2006 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

              FIFTEENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
              COMPUTER COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKS
                       October 9-11, 2006
                    Arlington, Virginia USA

                  Sheraton Crytal City Hotel

       Conference Website: http://sa1.sice.umkc.edu/icccn06/

 Sponsors: Technical Co-Sponsorship by IEEE ComSoc/TCCC (Technical
      Committee on Computer Communications) and Nokia(pending)

    ICCCN is a major international conference for the presentation
    of original and fundamental advances in the field of Computer
    Communications and Networks. It also serves to foster
    communication among researchers and practitioners working in
    a wide variety of scientific areas with a common interest in
    improving Computer Communications and Networks.

    The primary focus of the conference is on new and original
    research results in the areas of design, implementation and
    applications of Computer Communications and Networks.

------------------------------------------------------------------

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:

   Three keynote speakers (one per day):

  ----------------------------------------------------------------
   Monday, Oct. 9, 2006:
 
   Keynote I: ^Challenges and Opportunities of Computer and
                      Communication Systems Research^
               Prof. Wei Zhao, National Science Foundation
                               and Texas A&M University

  ----------------------------------------------------------------
   Tuesday, Oct. 10, 2006:
 
   Keynote II: ^How to Assign Symmetric Keys in a Network of
                             Small Computers^
                Prof. Mohamed Gouda, The University of Texas
                                     at Austin

  ----------------------------------------------------------------

   Wednesday Oct. 11, 2006:

   Keynote III: ^Technology Directions in Enterprise
                          Communications^
                 Dr. Ravi Sethi, President, Avaya Labs

------------------------------------------------------------------

PANEL SESSION: October 9, 2006 Monday 15:30 ^ 17:00:

Title:  When Optical Networking Meets Grid Computing?

Moderator:  Wu-chun Feng, Virginia Tech

Panelists: - Mark K. Gardner, Virginia Tech;

           - Gigi Karmous-Edwards, MCNC;

           - Jerry Sobieski, Mid-Atlantic Crossroads & U. Maryland;
 
           - Malathi Veeraraghavan, U. Virginia

Panel Abstract:

High-speed optical networking infrastructures such as National 
LambdaRail promise to revolutionize the way that we approach grid 
computing. With optical-fiber speeds doubling every 9 months and 
computing speeds doubling only every 18-24 months over the past 
few decades, we have finally reached a crossroads where network 
speeds have outstripped the ability of processors to keep up. Thus, 
we may be entering a new world where the central architectural 
element in grid computing is the optical network, not the end-host 
computer(s). The goal of this panel is to discuss whether such a 
new world is emerging, and if so, what the research challenges 
will be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ICCCN06 TECHNICAL PROGRAM:

There are 22 technical sessions! Research papers cover a large 
setof topics such as Wireless Networking, Denial of Service, 
Network Architecture, Broadcast in Sensor & Ad-Hoc Networks, 
Internet Services, Sensor & Wireless MAC Protocols, Optical 
Networking, Clustering & Localization Algorithms, High-Speed 
Networking, Multipath & Cooperative Routing, Sensor & Ad-hoc 
Networks, TCP, Robust Wireless Networking,QoS in Mobile 
Networking, Trust & Security, Distributed Hash Tables, Overlay 
Networking, Security & Dependability, etc.

As part of this exciting technical/research program, ICCCN2006
includes 3 (Best Paper Candidate) sessions of presentations of 
top 9 papers selected by Program Committee and one of these 
papers will be selected to receive the "Best Paper Award" to 
be announced at the conference banquet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

WEBSITE and REGISTRATION:

The deadline for early registration is SEPTEMBER 9, 2006. Please
visit the web site (http://sa1.sice.umkc.edu/icccn06/) for the
registration form and up-to-date information on ICCCN06!!

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet