Subject: [manet] Special Issue of IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine: CFP.

From: Xi Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:10:23 -0500 (CDT)

*Sorry for receiving multiple copies*

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

We would like to cordially invite you to submit your original research
work to the Special Issue on "Next Generation CDMA vs. OFDMA for 4G
Wireless Applications" of IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine. See
http://www.comsoc.org/dl/pcm/cfpwireless06071.htm

The due date of this special issue is within just about one week.

The detailed information and submission instructions are as follows.

Thank you very much!

__________________________

Call for Papers for Special Issue on 

"Next Generation CDMA vs. OFDMA for 4G Wireless Applications" 

IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine 

The great success of the Internet and wireless communications has opened a
new vista for future all-IP wireless applications, driven by increasing
demand for packet data services in worldwide 2.5G and 3G networks. It has
been envisioned that the future wireless systems will be operating based
mainly on burst data services carrying multimedia contents, including
voice, data, image and video. The needs to support high-speed burst-type
traffic in wireless channels have already posed a great challenge to the
current air-link technologies based on CDMA. There have been a lot of
debates on the air-link technologies most suitable for the 4G wireless. It
has been suggested from the research that the traditional CDMA
technologies (used in IS-95, CDMA2000, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, etc.) are suited
only for slow-speed continuous-transmission applications such as voice,
but not suitable for high-speed all-IP wireless. Therefore, some new
multiple access technology, such as orthogonal frequency division multiple
access (OFDMA), has been proposed to replace CDMA as a prime air-link
design for 4G wireless. However, the OFDMA also suffers its own technical
limitations, such as sensitivity to peak-to-average-power-ratio (PAPR),
nonlinear channels and so forth, which will be the detrimental factors to
its successful applications in 4G wireless. On the other hand, CDMA
technology with its many unique features still has a great potential for
further technological evolution. In this special issue, various important
issues pertaining to next generation CDMA and OFDMA technologies will be 
addressed and compared. The objective of this special issue is to 
accelerate technological evolution of air-link architecture for 4G 
wireless communications. 

Subjects:

The papers in this Special Issue will focus on state-of-the-art research
in various physical-layer aspects of next generation CDMA and OFDMA  
technologies for 4G wireless. We solicit papers covering a variety of
topics that include (the submissions irrelevant to 4G wireless will not be
considered): 

o Innovative CDMA technologies 
o All-IP CDMA/OFDMA wireless air-interface 
o M-ary CDMA 
o Comparison of CDMA and OFDMA 
o Orthogonal sequences design 
o Multi-carrier CDMA 
o OFDMA architecture 
o Complementary coded CDMA 
o CDMA/OFDMA Link adaptation and adaptive modem/equalization ST-coded and
  MIMO CDMA/OFDMA systems 
o Pilot-added CDMA/OFDMA signaling design 
o CDMA/OFDMA synchronization control 
o CDMA/OFDMA air-interface standardization 

Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written in a style
comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article. However,
papers presenting original contributions will also be considered, as long
as the presentation is accessible and the paper length is kept within the
appropriate limits. Articles should not exceed 4500 words. Figures and
tables should be limited to a combined total of six. For manuscript 
submission, authors should follow the IEEE Wireless Communications 
Magazine manuscript format described in the "Information for Authors" at
http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/pcm/sub_guidelines.html. Prospective authors
should submit the all-in-one PDF version of their complete manuscripts
(which should be compressed if the file size exceeds 1 MB) via email to
the lead Guest Editor (Hsiao-Hwa Chen) by October 1, 2006. The important
dates for this special issue are given as follows: 

Important Dates:

Manuscript Submission Due:      October 1, 2006
Acceptance Notification:     February 1, 2007
Final Manuscript Due:     April 1, 2007
Publication:     June 2007 

Guest Editors:

The contact information of the Guest Editors for this Special Issue is
given as follows: 

Hsiao-Hwa Chen,
Institute of Communications Engineering
National Sun Yat-Sen University
Taiwan
[email-masked] 

Xi Zhang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Texas A&M University
USA
[email-masked] 

Wen Xu
BenQ Mobile (formerly Siemens Mobile Phones)
Munich
Germany 
[email-masked] 
__________________________

=========================================================================
Xi Zhang                            Assistant Professor
Dept. of Elec. & Comput. Engin.     Phone: 979-458-1416 
Texas A&M University                Fax:   979-845-2630 
333N WERC Building                  Email: [email-masked] 
College Station, Texas 77843, USA   URL http://dropzone.tamu.edu/~xizhang
=========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet