Subject: [manet] CFPs: International Workshop on Intermittently Connected Mobile Ad hoc Networks

From: "Dr. Hongyi Wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 09:29:54 -0500 (CDT)

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

CALL FOR PAPERS

International Workshop on Intermittently Connected Mobile Ad hoc Networks
in conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2007, White Plains, NY March 19-23, 2007.
http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~wu/ICMAN/

For close to quarter of a century, mobile communication has experienced an
explosive growth, especially in the last decade or so. In particular, one
area of mobile communication networks, the ad hoc networks, has attracted
significant attention due to its challenging research problems. The ad hoc
networks technology has spun off new research areas, such as mesh-based
mobile networks and sensor networks. What characterizes nearly all of
those mobile technologies is that during the exchange of information
between the source and destination terminals, there exists a set of links
which constitutes an end-to-end path over which the information can be
exchanged. However, in some application scenarios, the connectivity
between the mobile terminals does not always allow for creation of such a
path. This could be due to very sparse network conditions (low node
density) or due to unstable connectivity conditions (interference, fading,
etc). Thus, in such scenarios, it would be often difficult, or even
impossible, to form a well-connected mesh network for transmitting data
through established end-to-end connections. In fact, even if there
temporarily exists a path in the network for some portion of the
communication, it is likely that the terminals will only be intermittently
connected due to mobility. A simple example is that in a WLAN environment,
mobile users may be connected to an AP for a while before moving out of
its coverage, and then getting connected to a different AP. More examples
are found in environments without access to infrastructure at all.

In this workshop we aim to explore novel research issues related to
intermittently connected mobile ad hoc networks (ICMAN), which encompasses
the scope of delay or disruption tolerant networks (or DTN),  and bringing
together state-of-the-art contributions in this emerging area.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

- New architecture design
- Novel transport and routing protocols
- Reliability and fault tolerance
- Energy, processing power and storage requirement
- Mobility modeling and mobility management
- Localization and node synchronization
- Security,  privacy and incentives for co-operation
- Resource allocation and QoS support
- Performance analysis and evaluation
- Delay-tolerant applications
- Testbed implementation and experimental results

Important Dates:

- Submission deadline:   Sept. 29, 2006
- Notification of acceptance: Nov. 22, 2006
- Camera-ready papers due:  Dec. 22, 2006
- Workshop date: March 19-23, 2007

Submission Instructions :

Papers are solicited in the IEEE proceedings format with up to eight (8)
pages. Blinded submissions in PDF format must be sent to
[email-masked] no later than September 29, 2006. Please include the
authors' names and affiliations in the email body only. You will receive a
confirmation within 24 hours. All submissions must be original prior
unpublished work and not under review elsewhere. All papers will be
reviewed blindly and selected based on their originality, merit, and
relevance to the workshop. Accepted papers must be presented at the
workshop, and will appear in the IEEE PerCom workshop proceedings. Please
email [email-masked] if you have any questions.

General Chair
-Zygmunt J. Haas, Cornell University

Program Co-Chairs
- Jon Crowcroft, University of Cambridge
- Chunming Qiao, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Hongyi Wu, University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Program Committee (To be updated)
- Mostafa Ammar, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Augustin Chaintreau, Thomson, France
- Mooi Choo Chuah, Lehigh University, USA
- Marco Conti, Institute for Informatics and Telematics, Italy
- Timur Friedman, Universit Pierre et Marie Curie, France
- Mario Gerla, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- Dipak Ghosal, University of California, Davis, USA
- Srinivasan Keshav, University of Waterloo, CA
- Minkyong Kim, Dartmouth College, USA
- Brian Levine, UMass Amherst, USA
- Cecilia Mascolo, University College of London, UK
- Hung Ngo, SUNY Buffalo, USA
- Kaustubh S. Phanse, Lule? University of Technology, Sweden
- Konstantinos Psounis, University of Southern California, USA
- James Scott, Intel Research Cambridge, UK
- Kun Tan, Microsoft Research Asia, China
- Zhensheng Zhang, San Diego Research Center, USA

--Hongyi
========================================================================
Dr. Hongyi Wu,  Assistant Professor
The Center for Advanced Computer Studies (CACS)
University of Louisiana (UL) at Lafayette
P.O. Box 44330, Lafayette, LA 70504-4330, U.S.A.
Tel: 337-482-5779, Fax: 337-482-5791
E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.cacs.louisiana.edu/~wu
========================================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet