Subject: [manet] ICCCN 2007: Call for Workshops Proposals

From: Mario Di Francesco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:28:17 +0100

[Apologies for possible multiple copies]

----------- CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS ---------------------

16th IEEE International Conference on
Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2007)

http://sa1.sice.umkc.edu/icccn2007/Workshop.htm

Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, August 13-16, 2007

Approved workshops:

Workshop on Wireless Mesh and Ad Hoc Networks 2007 (WiMAN)
(http://www.cs.iusb.edu/~liqzhang/WiMAN2007/index.htm)

Workshop on Multimedia Analysis and Processing 2007 (IMAP)
(http://www.ece.northwestern.edu/~haohong/imap2007/committee.html)

Workshop on Performance Modeling and Evaluation in Computer and
Telecommunication Networks 2007
(http://nets-www.lboro.ac.uk/pmect07/)

-------------------------------------------------------------

The 16th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and 
Networks (ICCCN 2007) will be held at Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, from August 
13 to 16, 2007. Five to eight workshops will be held in conjunction with 
ICCCN 2007. The workshops aim to explore special topics and provide 
international forums for scientists, engineers, and computer users to 
exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results on 
hot and broad topics on computer communications and networks. Workshops 
for presenting papers from industrial companies and papers on 
implementations of systems and services are also very welcome. Running a 
workshop in association with ICCCN is of high visibility, since it is a 
major IEEE international event in the field.  This is the first time in 
its 16 years history to embrace workshops. The proceedings of the 
workshops program will be published either by IEEE Communications 
Society and IEEE Digital Library or by Springer's Lecture Notes in 
Computer Science.

Topics covered by the ICCCN 2007 workshops will include, but are not 
limited to:

- Mobile and Ad Hoc Networks
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Quality of Service in Computer Networks and Systems
- Security in Computer Networks and Systems
- Multimedia Communications and Systems
- Power-aware Pervasive Computing
- Ubiquitous and Intelligent Services
- Distributed and Mobile Computing
- Scalable Internet Architectures and Services
- Grid and P2P Computing

Submission Guidelines and Publication:

In general, a workshop takes one day with 10 to 15 accepted papers and 
presentations.  Special arrangement is possible if a workshop program 
goes beyond it, e.g., half-day workshop. Please send a workshop proposal 
by JANUARY 30, 2007, to

Prof. Xiaobo Zhou             	cc to: Prof. Giuseppe Anastasi
ICCCN-2007 Workshops Chair	ICCCN-2007 Workshops Co-Chair
E-mail: [email-masked]		Email:  [email-masked]

Please note that the proposals will be reviewed in FCFS manner and we 
will try to make the decision and send the notification back as soon 
after they are received. For each approved workshop, at least one 
organizer must commit to attending and running the workshop. Please do 
not hesitate to send emails to the workshops chair if you have any 
questions.

The workshop proposal should include following information:

1. Title of the workshop
2. Workshop organizer(s): name, affiliation, address, phone and fax 
numbers, e-mail, with the indication of the main contact person
3. Description of the workshop, content and dates
4. Expected number of papers to be submitted with marketing approaches
5. Draft Call for paper of the workshop
6. Tentative list of program committee members
7. Short bio of the main workshop organizers

Each workshop will start to distribute a call for paper after receiving 
the approval notification. Papers submitted to each workshop should be 
original, and, be peer reviewed by the program committee and external 
reviewers of the workshop (if available). An accepted paper must be 
registered and presented at the conference venue and must be limited to 
6 pages (with an allowance of up to two extra pages at additional cost) 
in standard IEEE camera-ready format (double-column, 10-pt font). Any 
update will be posted on the ICCCN-07 Web site.  Please contact the 
Program Co-Chairs with any questions.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet