Subject: [manet] On privacy addressing in MANETs

From: Longjiang Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:15:36 +0800 (CST)

Dear all,

I found that current research efforts related to
privacy mainly focus on IPv6 and mobile IPv6.  For example, RFC 3041
has provided Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
in IPv6. Privacy addressing makes it  more difficult for eavesdroppers
and other information  collectors to identify when different addresses
used in different  transactions actually correspond to the same node.
In addition, several IETF drafts, currently active,  try  to  improve 
privacy  for  mobile IPv6 by adding encryption option or using
ephemeral identifiers.  

However, most existing
autoconfiguration efforts designed for MANETs does not concern privacy
at all, though RFC 3041, I guess, may also be extended to MANETs for
improving privacy.  Recently, I got some inexperienced ideas to enhance
privacy for some existing autoconfiguration methods, but I am not sure
whether it is really important to support privacy addressing in mobile
ad hoc networks? 

Is anyone interested in this topic? What are the most important factors for privacy issues in MANETs?

Best Regards,
Longjiang Li

___________________________________________________________ 
抢注雅虎免费邮箱-3.5G容量，20M附件！ 
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet