Subject: [manet] GOBS 2007, Deadline extended February 10 || The International Workshop on GRID over Optical Burst Switching Networks || Athens, June 19-25, 2007 ||

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:21:53 -0500 (EST)

Invitation,

Please consider to contribute to GOBS 2007 and forward the Call for
Submissions for GOBS 2007 to the appropriate groups.

================

CALL FOR PAPERS

The International Workshop on GRID over Optical Burst Switching
Networks, GOBS 2007 June 19-25, 2007, Athens, Greece
see: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/GOBS.html

In conjunction with the conference ICNS 2007 [The International
Conference on Networking and Services]
http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/ICNS07.html

Important deadline:

Submission deadline	February 10, 2007

Local and global scheduling and heavy resource sharing are main features
carried by Grid networks. Grids offer a uniform interface to a
distributed collection of heterogeneous computational, storage and
network resources.
Most current operational Grids are dedicated to a limited set of
computationally and/or data intensive scientific problems.

Optical burst switching enables these features while offering the
necessary network flexibility demanded by future Grid applications.
Currently ongoing research and achievements refers to high performance
and computability in Grid networks. However, the communication and
computation mechanisms for Grid applications require further
development, deployment and validation.

The International Workshop on Grid over Optical Burst Switching
Networks, GOBS 2007, brings together practitioners and researchers for
discussion and work on the emerging aspects pertaining to advanced
techniques, platforms, paradigms, theories, and techniques for designing
and deployment of Grid over optical burst switching networks.

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST (but not limited to):

Terabit burst switching
Burst assembly for IP DiffServ over optical burst switching networks
Optical network infrastructure for Grid Synchronous stream optical burst
switching Optical burst switching based GRID architecture Reliable
optical burst switching for next-generation Grid networks Throughput for
Grid optical burst switching Grid networks.
Resiliency paths over the optical Grid networks Consumer oriented Grids
using optical burst switching Protocols for optical burst switched Grid
networks Hybrid optical switching for data-intensive media Grid Anycast
routing in optical burst switched Grid networks Optical burst switching
for IP-over-WDM/DWDM Customizable Grid-to-optical network Ultra high
capacity optical networks Hybrid optical burst/circuit switched for
Grid-enabled optical networks

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE AUTHORS

The GOBS 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press, posted on IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and indexed with major
indexes.

Regular papers

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. All
received papers will be acknowledged via the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page.

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference's CD collection, together with the regular papers.
Please send your presentations to [email-masked] or [email-masked]

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. Please send your proposals to
[email-masked]

Panel proposals

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies. Please send your proposals to
[email-masked].

For questions and comments, please contact  [email-masked]

=====================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet