Subject: [manet] CFP: First International Workshop on Wireless Mesh and Ad Hoc Networks (WiMAN'07)

From: "Jun LUO \(UWaterloo\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:03:57 -0500

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message.]

**************************************************************
        C A L L    F O R   P A P E R S

The First International Workshop on Wireless Mesh and Ad Hoc Networks

(WiMAN 2007) http://www.cs.iusb.edu/~liqzhang/WiMAN2007/index.htm

in conjunction with ICCCN 2007

Turtle Bay Resort, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
August 16, 2007

* General Information

The First International Workshop on Wireless Mesh and Ad Hoc Networks
(WiMAN 2007) will be held in conjunction with the 16th International
Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2007), in
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. All papers presented in WiMAN 2007 will be published
in the workshop proceeding by IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Digital
Library, or Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science.

Distinguished papers will be invited to extend to full version for a
special issue of Elsevier's Computer Communications Journal (ComCom) on
Wireless Mesh Networks.

* Scope and Topics

Recently, wireless mesh networking is attracting significant interest from
academia, industry, and standard organizations. With several favorable
characteristics, such as dynamic self-organization, self-configuration,
self-healing, easy maintenance, high scalability and reliable services,
wireless mesh networks have been advocated as a cost-effective approach to
support high-speed last mile connectivity and ubiquitous broadband access in
the context of home networking, enterprise networking, or community
networking. Despite recent advances, and the technical accumulations from
more than a decade's research effort in mobile ad hoc networks, many
research issues remain in all protocol layers of wireless mesh networks. For
example, the introducing of mixed (infrastructure and ad hoc) architecture,
multi-radio, multi-channel, and multi-antenna, have brought new challenges
in the design of physical, MAC, and routing protocols. New application
scenarios, such as all-wireless office, are urging researchers to address
enhanced QoS support and various security issues in the design of different
protocol layers for wireless mesh networks.

This workshop aims to bring together the technologies and researchers who
share interest in the area of wireless mesh and ad hoc networks.  The main
purpose is to promote discussions of research and relevant activities in the
design of architectures, protocols, algorithms, services, and applications
for wireless networks.  It also aims at increasing the synergy between
academic and industry professionals working in this area. We plan to seek
papers that address theoretical, experimental, and work in-progress at the
all layers of wireless mesh and ad hoc networks, from application layer to
the physical layer.

Topics covered by the workshop will include, but are not limited to, the
following:

    a.. Multi-radio and  multi-channel wireless mesh networking
    b.. Wireless LAN, PAN, MAN and WAN
    c.. Multi-hop wireless communications and ad hoc networking
    d.. MAC protocols (IEEE 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.20, and beyond)
    e.. Routing, scheduling, and channel assignment protocols
    f.. Implications of smart antennas on MAC and routing protocols
    g.. Quality of Services provisioning
    h.. Multimedia communications over mesh and ad hoc networks
    i.. Network deployment, localization, and synchronization
    j.. Topology construction and maintenance
    k.. Methods and tools for mesh and  ad hoc networks simulation
    l.. Modeling and performance evaluations
    m.. Physical layer techniques
    n.. Cross layer optimizations
    o.. Power-aware and energy-efficient protocols and algorithms
    p.. Self-organization, self-configuration network architectures
    q.. Intelligent system techniques for mesh and ad hoc networks
    r.. Security-related issues in mesh and ad hoc networks
    s.. Testbed, prototype, and practical systems
    t.. Novel applications of mesh and ad hoc networks
    u.. Wireless sensor networks and RFID

* Important Dates

  Paper submission due:   March 23, 2007

  Acceptance notification:  May 11, 2007

  Camera-ready due:  June 1, 2007

  Workshop: August 16, 2007

* Submissions and Publications

Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research, not
currently under review somewhere else, are solicited. Submissions should
include an abstract, key words, the e-mail address of the corresponding
author. The length of the papers should be limited up to 6 pages in standard
IEEE camera-ready format (double-column, 10-pt font). Papers should be
submitted electronically in PDF format (or postscript) by sending it as an
e-mail attachment to Liqiang Zhang ([email-masked]) or Dakai Zhu
([email-masked]). Submission of a paper should be regarded as an
undertaking that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors
will register and attend the workshop to present the work.

All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be provided to the
authors.  All accepted papers will be published in workshop proceeding by
IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Digital Library, or Springer's Lecture
Notes in Computer Science.

Distinguished papers will be invited to extend to full version for a
special issue of Elsevier's Computer Communications Journal (ComCom) on
Wireless Mesh Networks. The special issue will be published in early 2008.

* Technical Program

        To Be Announced

* Invited Speakers

        To Be Announced

* Organizing Committees

  Workshop Program Co-Chairs

    Liqiang Zhang, Indiana University South Bend, USA ([email-masked])

    Dakai Zhu, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA ([email-masked])

  Publicity Chair

          Jun Luo, University of Waterloo, Canada
([email-masked])

  Technical Program Committee

            Malik Audeh, Tropos Networks, USA

            Edoardo S. Biagioni, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA

            Raffaele Bruno, IIT-CNR, Italy

            Surendar Chandra, University of Notre Dame, USA

            Guihai Chen, Nanjing University, China

            Christian Hartmann, Technical University of Munich, Germany

            Anders Host-Madsen, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA

            Holger Karl, University of Paderborn, Germany

            Daeyoung Kim, Information and Communications University, Korea

            Sandeep Kulkarni, Michigan State University, USA

            Hyunjeong hannah Lee, Intel Research, USA

            Guoqing Li, Intel Research, USA

            Hock Beng Lim, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

            Wei Lou, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hongkong

            Jun Luo, University of Waterloo, Canada

            Frank Reichenbach, University of Rostock, Germany

            Paolo Santi, IIT-CNR, Italy

            Kaoru Sezaki, University of Tokyo, Japan

            Weisong Shi, Wayne State University, USA

            Pavan Sikka, CSIRO, Australia

            Ali Tosun, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA

            Zhijun Wang, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hongkong

            Yuan Xue, Vanderbilt University, USA

            Stephen Yang, National Central University, Taiwan

  Advisory Committee

             Hossein Hakimzadeh, Indiana University South Bend, USA

             Sharon Hu, University of Notre Dame, USA

             Yingbo Hua, University of California Riverside, USA

             Sitharama Iyengar, Louisiana State University, USA

             Bahar Sadeghi, Intel Research, USA

             Loren Schwiebert, Wayne State University, USA

             Wei Zhao, Texas A&M University, USA

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet