Subject: [manet] CFP: International Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks (IEEE Sponsorship)

From: Fethi Filali <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:19:32 +0100

Apologies for multiple postings.

************************************************************************
         International Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks

       http://www.notere-conf.org/notere2007_en/WWSN-workshop.html

In conjunction with NOTERE 2007 (New Technologies of Distributed Systems)
                     http://www.notere-conf.org/

                     Marrakesh, Morocco, 4-8 June, 2007

Technical Sponsorship by IEEE.

************************************************************************

Important dates
===============

     - Submission:                   January 19, 2007
     - Notification to authors:      February 16, 2007
     - Final version due:            March 30, 2007
     - Date of the Workshop:         June 4th, 2007

Scope and Topics
=================

Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) is a new technology that has been made 
possible with the phenomenal development of several areas, such as 
wireless technologies, telecommunications, embedded microprocessors, 
miniaturization and micro electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) sensors. 
WSNs have a great success, mainly for the relatively low cost of their 
deployment and the many promising applications, such as smart houses, 
medicine, forest surveillance, meteorology, and control of hostile and 
dangerous zones.

WSNs interest more and more researchers and industrialists, because of 
the several challenging problems that arise. For example, WSNs have 
frequent topology change, and sensors have very limited resources (e.g., 
energy, computation, memory and bandwidth) and they may be faced to the 
risk of damage (e.g., in a forest fire). A particularly interesting 
challenging problem is Quality of Service (QoS) for WSNs, where the aim 
is to provide “better” services than just “best effort” services.

The aim of this workshop is to provide a space to share experiences, 
ideas and to discuss solutions among researchers, post graduated 
students and professionals both from academia and industry. Original 
contributions as well as papers relating instructive experiences in WSN 
are solicited. All areas related to WSNs are welcome, for example: 
protocols, applications and prototypes, software, QoS management, 
hardware, information processing, and security. Here is a non-exhaustive 
list of topics of interest:

- Protocols:
     - MAC, routing, transport, and cross layer protocols
         - Mobility support
         - Gateways to other networks, e.g., the Internet
         - Protocol design considerations
         - Performance evaluation

- Applications and prototypes:
         - Real-Life applications
         - Potential novel applications
         - Application requirements
         - Application evaluation
         - Debugging and testing of prototypes

- Software:
         - Operating systems
         - Concepts and software tools for programming and interfacing 
sensors and WSNs
         - High level programming abstraction
         - Simulation tools
         - Middleware technology
         - Distributed Database systems
         - In-network query processing

- QoS management
         - QoS fundamentals
         - QoS definition, architecture and mechanisms
         - QoS support in WSN
         - QoS support in heterogeneous WSN
         - Traffic and congestion control
         - QoS metrics

- Hardware:
         - Battery technology
         - Transceiver and antenna design
         - Sensor technology (e.g., ZigBee)
         - Miniaturization

- Information processing:
         - Compression
         - Association
         - Data fusion (aggregation)

- Security:
         - Cryptographic protocols
         - Encryption
         - Authentication
         - Integrity control
         - Key Management techniques
         - Study of attack strategies, attack modeling
         - Novel Distributed security architecture under resource 
constraints

Paper Submissions
=================

Authors are invited to submit original contributions written in French 
or English in IEEE two-column formats using an electronic PDF or MS-Word 
formats. The paper length should not exceed 6 pages.
Submissions should be sent attached by email  to the workshop chair at: 
  [email-masked]
Every paper should mention on its first page the title, authors’ names 
and affiliation, an abstract and a list of keywords.
For more information on the NOTERE’2007 and the Workshops please consult 
the web site: http://www.notere-conf.org

-- 
+-----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Fethi FILALI                      http://www.eurecom.fr/~filali |
| Assistant Professor               [email-masked]       |
| Mobile Communications Department  Phone : +33 4 93 00 81 34     |
| Institut Eurécom - www.eurecom.fr Fax   : +33 4 93 00 82 00     |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------+

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet