Subject: [manet] Call for papers Euro-Par 2007 - Topic on Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing

From: "Prof. Eric Fleury CITI/ARES" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:55:14 +0100

********************************************************************

**                         CALL FOR PAPERS                        **
               SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 26, 2007

            Topic 14:   Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing

                           EURO-PAR 2007
                    August 28 - August 31, 2007
                           Rennes, France

             Web site: http://europar2007.irisa.fr/

********************************************************************

                       TOPIC 14 - DESCRIPTION

The tremendous advances in wireless networks, mobile computing, sensor
networks  along with the rapid  growth of small, portable and powerful
computing devices   offers opportunities for  pervasive computing  and
communications.  This topic  will  deal with cutting-edge research  in
various aspects related to the theory  or practice of mobile computing
or wireless and     mobile   networking,  including     architectures,
algorithms,  networks,    protocols,     modeling   and   performance,
applications,   services, and data management.     The aim is to bring
together computer scientists and engineers from academics and industry
working in these exciting and emerging area of pervasive computing and
communications to share their ideas and results with their peers.
Specific topics include, but are not limited to:

  * Architectures, infrastructures &  protocols to cope with
    pervasive computing & mobile communication
  * Mobile ad hoc, sensor/actuators networks & RFIDs technologies
  * Security, privacy, and fault-tolerance of mobile/wireless systems
  * Hybrids systems, integration and interworking of wired and
    wireless networks, mesh networks
  * Positioning, tracking, location-aware services and applications
  * Context aware computing, applications and services for mobile
    users
  * Ressource management, interference management, mobility
    management and data management
  * Modeling, measurment, metrology  and simulation aspects of mobile
    networks  and ubiquitous computing
  * Experiences in the implementation of parallel computing algorithms
    in mobile/sensor nodes
  * Grid support for mobile and ubiquitous computing
  * Fundamental aspects of mobile computing and wireless networking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    TOPIC 14 - PROGRAM COMMITTEE

** Global Chair
Prof. Nuno Preguica
CITI / DI-FCT
Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
http://asc.di.fct.unl.pt/~nmp <http://asc.di.fct.unl.pt/%7Enmp>

** Local Chair
Prof. Dr. Eric Fleury
CITI / INRIA ARES
INSA de Lyon, France
http://perso.citi.insa-lyon.fr/efleury/ 
<http://perso.citi.insa-lyon.fr/efleury/>

** Vice Chair
Holger Karl
Uni Paderborn
Germany

** Vice Chair
Gerd Kortuem
Computing Department - Infolab21
Lancaster University
Lancaster, UK

============================================================================
========================

******************************************************************

                                CALL FOR PAPERS

                                     Euro-Par 2007
                The 13th International Euro-Par Conference
        European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing

                                        August  28-31, 2007

                                    IRISA, Rennes, France
                                  http://europar2007.irisa.fr
                                    [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>

                    SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 26, 2007

In conjunction with the First CoreGRID European Network of Excellence
Symposium

********************************************************************

Euro-Par is an annual series of international conferences dedicated to the
promotion and advancement
of all aspects of parallel and distributed computing.   Euro-Par focuses
on all aspects of hardware, software,
algorithms and applications in this field. The objective of Euro-Par is to
provide a forum within which to promote the development of parallel and
distributed computing both as an industrial technique and an academic
discipline, extending the frontier of both the state of the art and the
state of the practice.

The conference is organized along to the following topics:

Topic 1. Support tools and environments
Topic 2. Performance prediction and evaluation
Topic 3. Scheduling and load-balancing
Topic 4. Compilers for High performance
Topic 5. Parallel and distributed databases
Topic 6. Grid and cluster computing
Topic 7. Peer to peer computing: algorithms, applications, protocols
Topic 8. Distributed systems and algorithms
Topic 9. Parallel and distributed programming
Topic 10. Parallel numerical algorithms
Topic 11. Distributed and high performance multimedia
Topic 12. Theory and algorithms for parallel computation
Topic 13. High performance networks
Topic 14. Mobile and ubiquitous computing

Full details on the topics, including topic description and chairs, are
available on the Euro-Par 2007 website.
The conference will feature tutorials and invited talks. Co-located
workshops are also planned.

In addition, this year, for the first time, Euro-Par will be held in
conjunction with the First  European network of Excellence CoreGRID
Symposium, thus acknowledging the increasing importance of Grid computing in
the Euro-Par community.

Venue
----------
The city of Rennes is located on the Western part of France, at the heart of
the Brittany Region.  Brittany enjoys a very rich cultural heritage.  Of
world-wide reputation is the Mont Saint-Michel and the corsair city of
Saint-Malo, both located 1-hour drive north from Rennes. Rennes is very well
connected with Paris with the high-speed TGV, Rennes also runs an
international airport located close to the city centre with direct
connections to most French cities, and optimized flight connection with most
European cities through Paris.

IRISA (Institut de Recherche en Informatique et Systèmes
Aléatoires) is joint research laboratory, between INRIA and CNRS among
others, one of the largest  lab in Computer Science in France.  IRISA is
also well-known for its strong involvement in high-performance computing,
distributed  systems and parallel machines and codes. Together with
Grenoble, it was the location for the first parallel machines installed in
France.

Important Dates:
----------------
January 26, 2007: Full papers due
May 4,      2007: Notification of acceptance
May 26,     2007: Camera-ready full papers and author registration due

Full papers:
-----------

We invite authors to submit full papers (10 pages, Springer LNCS style),
offering original contributions regarding the theory and practice of
parallel and distributed computing. Full submission guidelines are available
on the conference website.
Only contributions not submitted elsewhere for publication will be
considered. Authors must submit their papers to the specific topic they
judge most appropriate.  Authors may specify a secondary topic, if
applicable. Details on topics, including descriptions and chairs, are
available on the conference website.

Paper submission will be performed electronically via the conference Web
site in PDF format. Papers accepted for publication must also be supplied in
source form (LaTeX or Word).
All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings,
published   by  Springer in the LNCS series. Authors of accepted papers
will be
requested to sign a Springer copyright form.

Call for additional Conference Workshop:
-----------------------------------------------
Following last year's issue in Dresden, Euro-Par 2007 will feature a series
of satellite workshops on Tuesday, August 18, afternoon, just between the
CoreGRID Symposium and the conference's main sessions.

Proposals for workshops covering a specific theme and lasting between half a
day and a day are encouraged and solicited until April 2, 2006.
Contact has been taken with Springer to publish a special workshop volume in
the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series
- "Proceedings of the International Euro-Par Workshops 2007" after the
conference.
The principal coordinator of each workshop will appear as editor of the
workshop volume.
Please contact the Workshop Chair for additional details and proposals.

Conference  Co-Chairs:
------------------

Anne-Marie Kermarrec, IRISA/INRIA, Rennes, France Luc Bougé, IRISA/ENS
Cachan, Rennes, France Thierry Priol, IRISA/INRIA, Rennes France

-- 
Eric FLEURY
PROF. AT INSA of LYON
Co-HEAD OF CITI LAB & Co-Leader of ARES INRIA PROJECT
TEL: +33 472 436 421  FAX: +33 472 436 227
WEB: http://ares.insa-lyon.fr/~efleury/

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet