Subject: [manet] CFP - IST-AWSN'07 - Submission Date: 10 April 2007

From: "Mieso Denko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:10:03 -0400

*** Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP ***

The 2nd International Workshop on Intelligent Systems Techniques for Ad hoc and Wireless Sensor Networks (IST-AWSN'07)
28 August - 1 September, 2007
http://cs.acadiau.ca/~eshakshu/IST-WSN-2007.htm

in conjunction with The Fifth International Symposium on Parallel and
Distributed Processing and Applications
28 August - 1 September, 2007
http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~ispa07/

Important Workshop Dates:
Paper Submission: 10 April 2007
Author Notification: 10 May 2007
Camera-ready Due: 10 June 2007

Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada.

Description:

Recent developments of low-cost, low-power, multifunctional wireless
sensors have enabled the fast growth of Wireless Sensor Network (WSN)
applications, which include security, military, agriculture, automation,
environmental and habitat monitoring. WSNs consist of numerous small
inexpensive battery powered sensors; each sensor has the capability to
process and store the sensor data. A combination of the dense deployment
of numerous smart sensors, AI techniques, and intelligent agents can
provide continuous real-time monitoring that is precise, accurate,
reliable, and inexpensive.

This workshop aims to bring together researchers and practitioners
working on different aspects of ad-hoc and wireless sensor networks and
software agent technology in an effort to highlight the state-of-the-art
and discuss the challenges and opportunities to explore new research
directions. We strongly welcome submissions that include results which
advance the state of the art relating to the theme of the workshop.

The main topics to be addressed include (but not limited to):

- Adaptive agents in AWSN
- Agent security and trust in AWSNs
- Agent-based architectures for AWSNs
- Agents design issues dealing with reliability, efficiency, and fault
tolerance
- Database management systems for AWSNs
- Distributed management systems for AWSNs
- Intelligent data fusion and aggregation
- Intelligent query and data dissemination
- Intelligent systems for AWSNs
- Learning agents in AWSN
- Mobile agents in AWSNs
- Monitoring agents in AWSN
- Peer-to-Peer systems for AWSNs
- Power management and energy-efficient protocols
- Routing protocols for AWSNs
- Safe transmissions of data in AWSNs
- Self-organization of AWSNs
- Smart energy-efficient routing protocols

Publication

Only original papers will be considered that have neither been published
nor submitted for publication elsewhere, including web publication. All
submissions will be handled electronically. The length of the paper is
limited to 15 pages. All papers will be reviewed by at least two
independent reviewers.

Accepted papers will be published in Springer's Lecture Notes in
Computer Science workshops proceedings. Submission of a paper should be
regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least
one of the authors will register and attend the conference to present
the work.

Authors of high quality papers presented in the workshop will be invited
to submit extended version of their papers for publication in an
international journal. Last year, selected papers were extended and
accepted for publication in a special issue in the Journal of
Information Fusion, Elsevier Science.

Workshop Organizers:
Elhadi Shakshuki, Acadia University
Darcy Benoit, Acadia University
Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet