Subject: [manet] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-iana-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MANET IANA Needs
	Author(s)	: I. Chakeres
	Filename	: draft-ietf-manet-iana-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2007-4-16
	
This document enumerates IANA assignments for immediate use in MANET.
   Specifically, a UDP port, two link-local multicast group addresses
   (IPv4 & IPv6), and two site-local multicast group addresses (IPv4 &
   IPv6).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-iana-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-manet-iana-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-iana-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:53:34 +0200

In the MANET WG the following multicast addresses are described by 
respective solution drafts:

NHDP, OLSRv2: ALL-MANET-NEIGHBORS
SMF: ALL_IPv6_MANET_ROUTERS
DYMO: LL_ALL_MANET_ROUTER

The "MANET IANA Needs" draft requests the following:
             "LL MANET Routers"
             "MANET Routers"

There are of course differences at least between the ASCII names for 
these addresses, if not between the semantics too.  Are there plans to 
modify NHDP, OLSR, SMF and DYMO to textually just use the two addresses 
of this "MANET IANA Needs" draft?

For example, is the OLSRv2 "ALL-MANET-NEIGHBORS" multicast address 
semantically completely equivalent to "LL MANET Routers"?  If yes then 
it's a significant step forward in accepting a common subnet model.

Alex

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

---

From: "Joe Macker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:24:05 -0400

Yes, Ian's intention with the IANA ID was to promote convergence to this
naming,etc.  Most other revisions have occurred in parallel to this date. 

In the SMF case of ALL_IPv6_MANET_ROUTERS (it was marked TBD with the
anticipation of some common approach) it is consistent with the site-scope
multicast request in the IANA draft.  In the next revision it will reflect
that.  

SMF is EXP targeted but should be consistent.  I assume other authors will
follow suit with related common link-local references unless there is
further debate over this issue.

-Joe

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Alexandru Petrescu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 1:54 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: [manet] Re: multicast addresses in the MANET solution 
>drafts (was:I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-manet-iana-01.txt)
>
>In the MANET WG the following multicast addresses are 
>described by respective solution drafts:
>
>There are of course differences at least between the ASCII 
>names for these addresses, if not between the semantics too.  
>Are there plans to modify NHDP, OLSR, SMF and DYMO to 
>textually just use the two addresses of this "MANET IANA Needs" draft?
>
>For example, is the OLSRv2 "ALL-MANET-NEIGHBORS" multicast 
>address semantically completely equivalent to "LL MANET 
>Routers"?  If yes then it's a significant step forward in 
>accepting a common subnet model.
>
>Alex
>
>
>
>> You can also visit 
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
>> logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get 
>> draft-ietf-manet-iana-01.txt".
>> 
>> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or 
>> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>>

---

From: "ghada" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:25:08 +0900

Dear all,
    Can any one advice me, about the best simulator I can use  for wireless 
sensor network protocols and security.

Thanks in advance.

---

From: "Kalvinder Singh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 23:39:52 +1000

There are a few. Depends on the OS, you are using, the platforms, the
number of nodes, etc. If you are using TinyOS, I would suggest you
start with TOSSIM.

I have also used ATEMU, and did some work with NS-2. However, it
depends on what you are trying to measure. But the best one to use
first would still have to be TOSSIM.

Cheers,
Kal.