Subject: [manet] UBICOMM 2007 || Call for Papers || November 4-9, 2007 - Papeete, French Polynesia (Tahiti)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:09:33 -0400 (EDT)

======================

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing, Systems,
Services, and Technologies
UBICOMM 2007
November 4-9, 2007 - Papeete, French Polynesia (Tahiti)

Site: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/UBICOMM07.html

Call: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/CfPUBICOMM07.html

Important deadlines:

Submission deadline              May 15, 2007

Notification of acceptance       June 16, 2007

Registration/camera ready      July 1, 2007

The rapid advances in ubiquitous technologies make fruition of more than
35 years of research in distributed computing systems, and more than two
decades of mobile computing. The ubiquity vision is becoming a reality.
Hardware and software components evolved to deliver functionality under
failure-prone environments with limited resources. The advent of web
services and the progress on wearable devices, ambient components,
user-generated content, mobile communications, and new business models
generated new applications and services. The conference makes a bridge
between issues with software and hardware challenges through mobile
communications.

The goal of the International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous Computing,
Systems, Services, and Technologies, UBICOMM 2007, is to bring together
researchers from the academia and practitioners from the industry in
order to address fundamentals of ubiquitous systems and the new
applications related to them. The conference will provide a forum where
researchers shall be able to present recent research results and new
research problems and directions related to them. The conference seeks
contributions presenting novel research in all aspects of ubiquitous
techniques and technologies applied to advanced mobile applications.

Topics of interest (but not limited to):

Fundamentals

*	Semantics of ubiquity
*	Ubiquitous knowledge
*	Control of ubiquitous data
*	Profiling ubiquitous environments

Mobility

*	Ubiquitous computing
*	Ubiquitous networks
*	Mobile computing
*	Mobile services
*	Mobile commerce
*	Embedded systems

Web Services

*	Web 2.0
*	Semantic web
*	Web services
*	Ontology

Ubiquitous devices and networks

*	Networks and technology convergence
*	Mobile service and service convergence
*	RFID
*	Mobile devices
*	Wearable devices

Ubiquitous mobile services

*	Frameworks, architectures, and languages for ubiquitous services

*	SLA/QoS in ubiquitous services
*	Ontology based services
*	Protocols and interaction mechanisms for ubiquitous services
*	Mobile services and service convergence
*	Measurement, control, and management of ubiquitous services
*	Design and development of ubiquitous services

Ubiquitous software

*	Ambient components
*	Software for spontaneous interoperation
*	Dependability guarantees
*	Security
*	Fault-tolerance

User and applications

*	Ubiquitous user-generated content (weblogs, wikis, etc.)
*	Evaluation of user models for ubiquitous environments
*	On-line analytical techniques
*	Ubiquitous e-Development (business, science, health, etc.)

INSTRUCTION FOR THE AUTHORS

The UBICOMM 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press and on-line via IEEE XPlore Digital Library. IEEE will index the
papers with major indexes.

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. All
received papers will be acknowledged via the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page
<http://www.iaria.org/instructions.html#format> .

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference's CD collection, together with the regular papers.
Please send your presentations to [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. Please send your proposals to
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Panel proposals:

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies.

For more information, [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Workshop proposals

We welcome workshop proposals on issues complementary to the topics of
this conference. Your requests should be forwarded to [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet