Subject: [manet] SEMAPRO 2007 || Call for Papers || November 4-9, 2007 - Papeete, French Polynesia (Tahiti)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

Invitation:

Please consider to contribute and distribute to the appropriate groups
the following

======== ========

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing
SEMAPRO 2007
November 4-9, 2007 - Papeete, French Polynesia (Tahiti)

Site: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/SEMAPRO07.html
Call: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2007/CfPSEMAPRO07.html

Important deadlines:
Submission deadline              May 15, 2007
Notification of acceptance       June 16, 2007
Registration/camera ready      July 1, 2007
This inaugural International Conference on Advances in Semantic
Processing, SEMAPRO 2007, deal with the complexity of understanding and
processing information. Semantic processing considers contextual
dependencies and adds to the individually acquired knowledge emergent
properties and understanding. Hardware and software support and
platforms were developed for semantically enhanced information retrieval
and interpretation.

The goal of the conference is to bring together researchers from the
academia and practitioners from the industry in order to address
fundamentals of semantic processing. The conference will provide a forum
where researchers shall be able to present recent research results and
new research problems and directions related to them. The conference
seeks contributions presenting novel research in all aspects of
techniques and technologies for semantic processing, as well as
exploring special applications and services using these mechanisms.

Topics of special interest (but not limited to):

*	Fundamental of semantic processing (storing, computing,
representation, communications, etc.)
*	Semantic-driven system design
*	Syntactic and semantic processing models
*	Semantic networking and routing
*	Hardware and software support for semantic processing
*	Microprocessors for semantic processing
*	Multi-model semantic systems
*	Semantic annotation of multimedia supports
*	Semantic multimedia information retrieval
*	Natural language semantic processing
*	Context-based semantic processing
*	Content-based semantic processing
*	Performance in semantic processing
*	Information security in semantic processing
*	Applications, services and systems based on semantic processing
*	Speech, text and picture recognition
*	Semantic email workflow and content
*	Semantic blogs and wikis
*	Semantic email addressing
*	Semantic web and digital libraries
*	Semantic processing for biomedical knowledge
*	Semantic processing in e-Health
*	Semantic-driven tutoring systems
*	Semantic processing platforms
*	Lessons learnt

INSTRUCTION FOR THE AUTHORS

The SEMAPRO 2007 Proceedings will be published by IEEE Computer Society
Press and on-line via IEEE XPlore Digital Library. IEEE will index the
papers with major indexes.

Only .pdf or .doc files will be accepted for paper submission. All
received papers will be acknowledged via the EDAS system.

Final author manuscripts will be 8.5" x 11" (two columns IEEE format),
not exceeding 6 pages; max 4 extra pages allowed at additional cost. The
formatting instructions can be found on the Instructions page
<http://www.iaria.org/instructions.html#format> .

Once you receive the notification of paper acceptance, you will be
provided by the IEEE CS Press an online author kit with all the steps an
author needs to follow to submit the final version. The author kits URL
will be included in the letter of acceptance.

Technical marketing/business/positioning presentations

The conference initiates a series of business, technical marketing, and
positioning presentations on the same topics. Speakers must submit a
10-12 slide deck presentations with substantial notes accompanying the
slides, in the .ppt format (.pdf-ed). The slide deck will be published
in the conference's CD collection, together with the regular papers.
Please send your presentations to [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

Tutorials

Tutorials provide overviews of current high interest topics. Proposals
can be for half or full day tutorials. Please send your proposals to
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Panel proposals:

The organizers encourage scientists and industry leaders to organize
dedicated panels dealing with controversial and challenging topics and
paradigms. Panel moderators are asked to identify their guests and
manage that their appropriate talk supports timely reach our deadlines.
Moderators must specifically submit an official proposal, indicating
their background, panelist names, their affiliation, the topic of the
panel, as well as short biographies.

For more information, [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Workshop proposals

We welcome workshop proposals on issues complementary to the topics of
this conference. Your requests should be forwarded to [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> .

==================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet