Subject: [manet] DAIS 2007 - Call for Participation

From: Ricky Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:06:16 +1000

---------------------------------------------------------------------
                     Call for Participation
                   
                           DAIS 2007
                   
                7th IFIP International Conference on
          Distributed Applications and Interoperable Systems
                   
                    "Towards Sustainability"
                   
                 Paphos, Cyprus 6 - 8 June 2007
                   
---------------------------------------------------------------------
             Early Registration Deadline: May 5, 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------
               http://www.discotec07.cs.ucy.ac.cy/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The 7th IFIP International Conference on Distributed Applications
and Interoperable Systems (DAIS) is part of the federated conferences
DisCoTec (Distributed Computing Techniques), together with the 9th
International Conference on Coordination Models and Languages
(COORDINATION) and the 9th IFIP International Conference on Formal
Methods for Open Object-based Distributed Systems (FMOODS).
It will be organised by the Department of Computer Science of
the University of Cyprus.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Distributed applications and interoperable systems have become an
integral part of everyday living, part of the socio-economic ecosystem
of our human environment. With such interdependence between society and
software, distributed software applications must be sustainable and
adaptable in the long term, despite the changes in our environment.

* What do we understand by sustainability in distributed applications
  and interoperable systems?

* How do we ensure our distributed applications can make local
  adaptation to specific circumstances of their deployment?

* How do we make our interoperable systems evolvable in the face of
  widespread change in their environment?

* How do we integrate distributed software within the wider fabric of
  computing within our modern world?

* How can distributed applications and interoperable systems capitalise
  and exploit future trends and the changing user demographic?

The DAIS conference series addresses all aspects of distributed
applications and interoperable systems: design, implementation,
operation and maintenance.

DAIS'07 is the 7th event in this successful international conference
series, commencing in 1997. It will be a forum for researchers, vendors
and users to come together to review, discuss and learn about the future
of distributed applications and interoperable systems. DAIS is now an
annual event.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ADVANCE PROGRAM
---------------------------------------------------------------------

WEDNESDAY June 6th
------------------
9:30 - 10:30 INVITED SPEAKER FMOODS
              Mariangiola Dezani-Ciancaglini
              Asynchronous Session Types and Progress for Object
Oriented Languages
Break

11:00 - 12:30 SESSION 1:    CONTEXT-AWARENESS I

     The Context-Dependent Role Model
     Jorge Vallejos, Peter Ebraert, Brecht Desmet, Tom Van Cutsem,
     Stijn Mostinckx, Pascal Costanza

     Integrating Facts and Beliefs to Model and Reason about Context
     Waltenegus Dargie, Thomas Springer

     Situation Specification and Realization in Rule-Based
         Context-Aware Applications
     Patricia Dockhorn Costa, Joao Paulo A. Almeida, Luis Ferreira
     Pires, Marten van Sinderen

Lunch

14:30 - 15:30 SESSION 2: DISTRIBUTED APPLICATIONS I

         Observability and Controllability of Wireless Software Components
     Fabien Romeo, Franck Barbier, and Jean-Michel Bruel

     Service level agreement management in federated virtual
         organizations
     Tuomas Nurmela, Lea Kutvonen

Break

16:00 - 17:30 SESSION 3:  ADAPTATION I

     Construction and Execution of Adaptable Applications using an
     Aspect-Oriented and Model Driven Approach
     Sten A. Lundesgaard, Arnor Solberg, Jon Oldevik, Robert France,
     Jan Oyvind Aagedal, Frank Eliassen

     Component Adaptation in Contemporary Execution Environments
     Susan Eisenbach, Chris Sadler, Dominic Wong

     Managing Distributed Adaptation of Mobile Applications
     Mourad Alia, Svein Hallsteinsen, Nearchos Paspallis, Frank
     Eliassen

THURSDAY June 7th
-----------------
9:30 - 10:30 SESSION 4: PEER-TO-PEER

     DOLCLAN  Middleware Support for Peer-to-Peer Distributed Shared
     Objects
     Jakob E. Bardram, Martin Mogensen

     Peer-to-Peer based QoS Registry Architecture for Web Services
     Fei Li, Fangchun Yang, Kai Shuang, Sen Su

Break

11:00 - 12:30 SESSION 5:  MOBILITY I

     Migration in CORBA Component Model
     Jacek Cala

     A Serialisation Based Approach for Processes Strong Mobility
     Soumaya Marzouk, Maher Ben Jemaa, Mohamed Jmaiel

     Parallel State Transfer in Object Replication Systems
     Rudiger Kapitza, Thomas Zeman, Franz J. Hauck, Hans P. Reiser

Lunch

14:30 - 15:30 SESSION 6: DISTRIBUTED APPLICATIONS II

     MARS: An Agent-based Recommender System for the Semantic Web
     Salvatore Garruzzo, Domenico Rosaci, Giuseppe M.L. Sarne

     An HTML Fragments Based Approach for Portlet Interoperability
     Jingyu Song, Jun Wei, Shuchao Wan

Break

16:00 - 17:30 SESSION 7: CONTEXT-AWARENESS II

     Scalable Processing of Context Information with COSMOS
     Denis Conan, Romain Rouvoy, Lionel Seinturier

     Experiences from Developing a Distributed Context Management
     System for Enabling Adaptivity
     Nearchos Paspallis, Avraam Chimaris, George A. Papadopoulos

     Towards Context-Aware Web Applications
     Po-Hao Chang, Gul Agha

FRIDAY June 8th
--------------
9:30 - 10:30 INVITED SPEAKER COORDINATION
              Rachid Guerraoui
              Sommersby: The Return of the Transaction
Break

11:00 - 12:30 SESSION 8: ADAPTATION II

     A Flexible Architecture for Enforcing and Composing Policies in a
     Service-Oriented Environment
     Tom Goovaerts, Bart De Win, Wouter Joosen

     Managing concern interactions in middleware
     Frans Sanen, Eddy Truyen, Wouter Joosen

     An Improved Genetic Algorithm for Web Services Selection
     Sen Su, Chengwen Zhang, Junliang Chen

Lunch

14:30 - 16:00  SESSION 9 : MOBILITY II

     A UML Profile for Modeling Mobile Information Systems
     Vegard Dehlen, Jan Oyvind Aagedal

     A Planning Method for Component Placement in Smart Item
     Environments using Heuristic Search
     Jurgen Anke, Bernhard Wolf, Gregor Hackenbroich, Klaus Kabitzsch

     A Generic Infrastructure for Decentralised Dynamic Loading of
     Platform-Specific Code
     Rudiger Kapitza, Holger Schmidt, Udo Bartlang, Franz J. Hauck

---------------------------------------------------------------------
VENUE AND LOCATION INFORMATION
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The DisCoTec 2007 conference will be held at the Paphos Amathus Hotel, in
Paphos, Cyprus. More information about the venue, including travel
information, can be found at the following web page:
http://www.discotec07.cs.ucy.ac.cy/location.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------
REGISTRATION FEES
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The early registration deadline is May 5, 2007. All prices quoted are
in Euro.

Early Delegate's Registration Fees: 480
Early Student Registration Fees: 350
Early Paper Presenters Fees: 480
Workshop Registration Fees: 150

Late Delegate's Registration Fees: 550
Late Student Registration Fees: 400
Late Paper Presenters Fees: 550
Workshop Registration Fees: 170

---------------------------------------------------------------------
REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit http://www.cyprusconferences.org/discotec/registration.html,
then download and complete the registration form. Registrations will be
accepted by fax, mail or e-mail.

--
Ricky Robinson, Ph.D.
Researcher
Queensland Laboratory
 
NICTA <http://www.nicta.com.au/>
PO Box 10161
Brisbane QLD 4000
Australia
Tel. +61 7 3000 0514
Fax. +61 7 3000 0480
 
The imagination driving Australia's ICT future.
 
To receive the latest NICTA information register at
http://nicta.com.au/registration.cfm 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet