Subject: [manet] WCAN 07 - 3rd Workshop on Cryptography for Ad-hocNetworks (satellite workshop of ICALP 07)

From: "Giovanni Di Crescenzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:55:59 -0400

(apologies if you receive multiple postings for this)

CALL FOR PAPERS: WCAN '07 (3rd Workshop on Cryptography for Ad hoc Networks)

A Satellite Workshop of the 34th International Colloquium on Automata,
Languages and Programming (ICALP 2007)

Workshop Date: July 8th, 2007 

Submission Date: July 23rd, 2007

Location: Wroclaw, Poland

Web page: http://www.argreenhouse.com/society/wcan07/wcan07page.html

Submission Instructions: go to 

https://wcan2007.research.telcordia.com/myreview/index.php?authorsInstructio
ns=1

 and follow the simple instructions in there

Contact: wcan07chair AT research DOT telcordia DOT com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

Workshop Theme and Motivations:

Wireless ad hoc networks are today receiving much attention for military,
commercial 

and civilian applications, thus becoming a challenging area in security
research. 

The security research community has mainly focused on securing routing and
is only 

recently widening its scope of analysis. The cryptography research community
has mainly 

focused on abstract models of networks like the Internet; however,
cryptographic protocols 

for the Internet face serious challenges to be adapted to the ad-hoc,
partial-connectivity, 

mobile, resource-constrained and infrastructureless nature of ad-hoc
networks. 

The aim of this workshop is to help bridging this gap, towards a more
comprehensive 

investigation of security and cryptographic tools, analysis and modeling
methodologies 

over ad hoc networks, by bringing together the cryptography, network
security, 

and wireless networking communities. 

We seek submissions containing original research on all aspects of
cryptology that 

are motivated by their applicability to ad hoc networks, including wireless,
cellular, 

sensor, mesh, peer-to-peer, vehicular and RFID-based networks. Short surveys
of related 

sub-areas are also encouraged. The following is a non-exhaustive list of
topics that are 

of interest to this workshop, when clearly motivated by and clearly focusing
on ad hoc networks 

(cryptology papers not focusing on or not describing applications to ad hoc
networks 

do not fit in the workshop interest area): 

Modeling of cryptographic tasks 

Solutions to cryptographic tasks under party mobility 

Solutions to cryptographic tasks under resource constraints 

Secure routing 

Bootstrapping of security associations 

Distributed public-key infrastructures 

Key-agreement, key-management and key-(pre)distribution 

Entity authentication 

Trust establishment 

Privacy-enhancing technologies 

Threshold cryptography 

Identity-Based cryptography 

Policy-based cryptography 

Secure multi-party protocols 

Security in distributed algorithms and protocols 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Giovanni Di Crescenzo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:45:36 -0400

Submission Date: April 23rd, 2007

Secure routing 

Entity authentication 

Trust establishment 

Threshold cryptography