Subject: [manet] CALL FOR PAPERS - ACM SANET 2007 - Deadline : 14 May

From: Nathalie MITTON <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:14:51 +0200

======================================================================
			   CALL FOR PAPERS

			      SANET 2007
	     First ACM Workshop on Sensor Actor Networks
		  http://www.lifl.fr/POPS/SANET2007

		   Montreal, Canada, Sept. 10, 2007

	Organized and run in conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2007
		http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2007/
======================================================================

Purpose

    The advent of nano-technology and advances in communications has
    made it technologically feasible and economically viable to develop
    low-power devices that integrate general-purpose computing with
    multi-purpose sensing and wireless communications capabilities. It
    is expected that sensor networks will have a significant impact on
    a wide array of applications ranging from military, to scientific,
    to industrial, to health-care, to domestic, to environmental,
    establishing ubiquitous wireless sensor networks that will pervade
    society redefining the way in which we live and work.

    Recently, in an attempt to integrate sensor networks in the fabric
    of human activities it has been recognized that it would be
    beneficial to augment sensor networks by either actuators or
    actors. Actuators are simple devices programmed to take immediate,
    one-shot, action in response to sensory input. Actors are more
    sophisticated entities that, in addition to actuating can provide a
    meaningful, long-term, interaction with the environment. This
    long-term interaction presupposes intelligent coordination with
    both the sensory data but also with anticipated changes in the
    environment. The resulting augmented version of sensor networks is
    commonly referred to as Sensor Actor Networks (SANET).

    SANET 2007 has for stated goal to be a high-profile workshop that
    brings together state-of-the-art contributions on the design,
    specification, and implementation of architectures and protocols
    for current and future applications of SANETs.

Topics of Interest

    Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

       * Autonomous sensor networks
       * Emergent behavior in SANET
       * Modeling and simulation of SANET
       * Autonomic and self-organizing coordination and communication
       * Sensor-actor and actor-actor coordination
       * Energy-efficient and real-time communication protocols
       * Distributed control in sensor-actor networks
       * Communication protocols for swarms of mobile actors
       * Biologically inspired communication
       * Ecological systems
       * Architectures and topology control
       * Localization in SANET
       * Probabilistic integration in SANET
       * SANET control and management
       * SANET security and robustness
       * SANET architectural and operational models
       * Applications and prototypes

Paper Submission

    Submit a full paper of about 8 pages (ACM single-space,
    double-column format), including figures and references, using 10
    font size, and number each page. Accepted papers will be published
    by published by ACM Press and distributed at the workshop; copies
    of the Proceedings will also be available for sale from ACM after
    the workshop. Papers must be submitted electronically through the
    EDAS system

Important Dates

    Manuscript Submission: May 14, 2007, 11:59 GMT
    Acceptance Notification: June 18, 2007
    Final Manuscript Due: July 13, 2007

Program Co-Chairs

    Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Swittzerland
    Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University, USA
    David Simplot-Ryl, University of Lille, INRIA, France

Program Committee

    see web site.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet