Subject: [manet] CFP - IEEE MASS-GHS’07: Int. Workshop on Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems for Global and Homeland Security

From: Raffaele Bruno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:02:04 +0200

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
First International Workshop on Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems for  
Global and Homeland Security (MASS-GHS’07)
http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~holder/mass-ghs07

Pisa, Italy – October 12, 2007

In conjunction with the 4th IEEE Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and  
Sensor Systems (MASS’07)
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

THEME AND SCOPE

The development, deployment and coordination of mobile ad hoc and  
sensor systems (MASS)  has been studied for a number of years, and  
much of this research is beginning to transition into real solutions  
for a variety of domains. One domain that is ripe for MASS research  
and development is global and homeland security. Much of the security  
mission involves the monitoring of various environments (e.g., ports,  
borders, mass transit hubs, financial centers, power grids, the  
Internet) and the prediction and detection of threats to these  
environments. MASS represent a general solution to maintaining  
security in these environments.

In this workshop we seek to bring together researchers and  
practitioners representing the state-of-the-art in MASS research and  
technology targeted toward the global and homeland security domain.  
Specific topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the  
following. All papers must have a clear, stated, and ideally tested  
application to global and homeland security.

·       Development of novel sensors and sensor systems for threat  
detection
·       Efficient and effective deployment of mobile devices and sensors
·       Heterogeneous systems for surveillance and threat detection
·       Novel architectures for use of MASS in Global and Homeland  
security
·       Secure and fault tolerant coordination and communication
·       Information fusion  for prediction and detection of threats
·       Integration and registration of data from multiple sources
·       Effective decision-making  in dynamic environments
·       Testing and evaluation of MASS for security
·       Simulation and modeling of MASS, environments, and scenarios
·       Simulation and modeling of threats and environments relevant  
to sensor response
·       Simulation and modeling of temporal threat events relevant to  
sensor response
·       Prototype models of secure environments
·       Secure smart environments
·       Disaster mitigation and emergency response

PAPER SUBMISSIONS

Papers are limited to eight (8) pages and must be formatted according  
to the main conference’s formatting requirements and submitted via  
the EDAS paper management system (see workshop website for details).  
Accepted papers will be published by IEEE in the MASS’07 conference  
proceedings. At least one author of each accepted paper must register  
for the conference at the full conference rate. Pending approval of a  
special issue of the Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal, authors  
of high-quality papers presented at the workshop will be invited to  
submit extended versions for this special issue.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission due: 			May 15, 2007
Acceptance Notification: 	July 15, 2007
Final Manuscript due: 	August 10, 2007
Workshop: 				October 12, 2007

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS

Larry Holder, Washington State Univ., USA      ([email-masked])
Mohan Kumar, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, USA ([email-masked])
Raffaele Bruno, Institute for Informatics and Telematics, Italy  
([email-masked])

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

  Cesare Alippi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Giuseppe Anastasi, Univ. of Pisa, Italy
Paolo Bellavista, Univ. of Bologna, Italy
Sajal Das, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, USA
Silvia Giordano, Univ. of Applied Science, Switzerland
Ajay Gupta, Western Michigan Univ., USA
Jadwiga Indulska, Queensland Unversity, Australia
William Kaiser, Univ. of California Los Angeles, USA
Yonghe Liu, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, USA
Murali Medidi, Washington State Univ., USA
Sirisha Medidi, Washington State Univ., USA
Scott Midkiff, Virginia Tech, USA
Vinayak Naik, Univ. of California Los Angeles, USA
Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion Univ., USA
Leslie Owens, Booz Allen Hamilton, USA
Marimuthu Palaniswami, Univ. of Melbourne, Australia
Adrian Pearce, Univ. of Melbourne, Australia
Marius Portmann, Univ. of Queensland, Australia
Mohammad Rahimi, Univ. of California Los Angeles, USA
Mallikarjun Shankar, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
Behrooz Shirazi, Washington State Univ., USA
Mukesh Singhal, Univ. of Kentucky, USA

---------------------------------------------------------
Raffaele Bruno, Ph.D., Researcher
Pervasive Computing & Networking Lab. (PerLab)

IIT Institute - Italian National Research Council (CNR)
Via G. Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, ITALY
Tel.: +39 050 315 3078 (direct)
Fax.: +39 050 315 2593 (institute)
Email: [email-masked]
Website: bruno1.iit.cnr.it/~bruno/

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 19:43:41 +0200

> Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this

Rafaelle, please refrain from further posting Call for Papers on the
MANET WG mailing list.  Only WG product related events (eg INTEROPS) are
considered relevant.  If you have a doubt please ask the Chairs before
posting a Call for Papers.

Thanks,

Alex

> Sensor Systems (MASS’07) http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass2007/ 
>  and development is global and homeland security. Much of the
> security mission involves the monitoring of various environments
> (e.g., ports, borders, mass transit hubs, financial centers, power
> grids, the Internet) and the prediction and detection of threats to
> these environments. MASS represent a general solution to maintaining
> detection ·       Efficient and effective deployment of mobile
> devices and sensors ·       Heterogeneous systems for surveillance
> and threat detection ·       Novel architectures for use of MASS in
> Global and Homeland security ·       Secure and fault tolerant
> coordination and communication ·       Information fusion  for
> prediction and detection of threats ·       Integration and
> registration of data from multiple sources ·       Effective
> decision-making  in dynamic environments ·       Testing and
> evaluation of MASS for security ·       Simulation and modeling of
> MASS, environments, and scenarios ·       Simulation and modeling of
> threats and environments relevant to sensor response ·
> Simulation and modeling of temporal threat events relevant to sensor
> response ·       Prototype models of secure environments ·
> Secure smart environments ·       Disaster mitigation and emergency
> response
> 
> 
> PAPER SUBMISSIONS
> 
>  proceedings. At least one author of each accepted paper must
> register for the conference at the full conference rate. Pending
> approval of a special issue of the Pervasive and Mobile Computing
> Journal, authors of high-quality papers presented at the workshop
> will be invited to submit extended versions for this special issue.
> 
> IMPORTANT DATES
> 
> Submission due:                         May 15, 2007 Acceptance
> Notification:        July 15, 2007 Final Manuscript due:   August 10,
> 2007 Workshop:                               October 12, 2007
> 
> 
> WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS
> 
> Larry Holder, Washington State Univ., USA      ([email-masked]) Mohan
> Kumar, Univ. of Texas at Arlington, USA ([email-masked]) Raffaele
> Bruno, Institute for Informatics and Telematics, Italy 
> Cesare Alippi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy Giuseppe Anastasi, Univ.
> of Pisa, Italy Paolo Bellavista, Univ. of Bologna, Italy Sajal Das,
> Univ. of Texas at Arlington, USA Silvia Giordano, Univ. of Applied
> Science, Switzerland Ajay Gupta, Western Michigan Univ., USA Jadwiga
> Indulska, Queensland Unversity, Australia William Kaiser, Univ. of
> California Los Angeles, USA Yonghe Liu, Univ. of Texas at Arlington,
> USA Murali Medidi, Washington State Univ., USA Sirisha Medidi,
> Washington State Univ., USA Scott Midkiff, Virginia Tech, USA Vinayak
> Naik, Univ. of California Los Angeles, USA Stephan Olariu, Old
> Dominion Univ., USA Leslie Owens, Booz Allen Hamilton, USA Marimuthu
> Palaniswami, Univ. of Melbourne, Australia Adrian Pearce, Univ. of
> Melbourne, Australia Marius Portmann, Univ. of Queensland, Australia 
> Mohammad Rahimi, Univ. of California Los Angeles, USA Mallikarjun
> Shankar, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA Behrooz Shirazi,
> Washington State Univ., USA Mukesh Singhal, Univ. of Kentucky, USA
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------- Raffaele
> Bruno, Ph.D., Researcher Pervasive Computing & Networking Lab.
> (PerLab)
> 
> IIT Institute - Italian National Research Council (CNR) Via G.
> Moruzzi 1, 56124 Pisa, ITALY Tel.: +39 050 315 3078 (direct) Fax.:
> +39 050 315 2593 (institute) Email: [email-masked] 
> _______________________________________________ manet mailing list 
> [email-masked] https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
> 

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________