Subject: [manet] 2007 International Workshop on Cooperative Wireless Communications and Networking (CoNET-07)

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:35:18 +0200

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]
*****************************************************************
 
2007 International Workshop on Cooperative Wireless Communications and
Networking (CoNET-07)
 
Jeju-Island, Korea, December 6-8, 2007
in conjunction with FGCN 2007
http://home.simula.no/~yanzhang/CoNET07/
 
Submission Deadline: 15 July 2007
 
Distinguished papers accepted and presented in CoNET-07, will be invited to
contribute in the book Cooperative Wireless Communications, Auerbach
Publications, Taylor&Francis Group
 
*****************************************************************
 
General Information:
====================
CoNET'07 will be held in conjunction with the 2007 International Conference
on Future Generation Communication and Networking (FGCN 2007) on December
6-8, 2007, in Lotte Hotel, Jeju Island, Korea,
http://www.sersc.org/FGCN2007/. All accepted papers in CoNET'07 will be
included in the conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society
and in the IEEE Xplore database, and will be indexed by EI. 
 
Distinguished papers accepted and presented in CoNET-07, will be invited to
contribute in the book Cooperative Wireless Communications, Auerbach
Publications, Taylor&Francis Group.

Scope and Topics:
=================
Cooperative wireless communications and networking is emerging as a
promising technology to enhance system performance by sharing resources
among wireless nodes. With cooperation at all layers of the protocol stack,
the wireless network can achieve higher throughput, higher system
reliability, higher energy efficiency, lower bit-error rate, and smaller
packet loss rate. A variety of research in recent years have actively
focused on design, simulation, modeling, and applying cooperative
communications in wireless ad hoc, mesh, and sensor networks,
etc.International standards organizations have been initialized various
activities to apply cooperation mechanisms in the wireless LAN, PAN and
MAN.For instance, the IEEE 802.16j working group is actively calling for
contributions for relay metropolitan networks.
 
The idea of cooperative wireless communications and networking can be
tracked back to the work of the theoretic properties of relay channels. By
sharing antennas in a multi-user environment, single-antenna wireless
devices enable a virtual multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) system that
allows them to achieve transmit diversity, and hence obtain advantages of
MIMO with reduced size, cost, and complexity of the hardware/software. Upon
cooperation at physical, MAC, network, and application layer, various
cooperative signaling methods are widely explored and many new mechanisms
are under development with respects to routing, medium access, location
management, scheduling, energy management, and so on.
 
This workshop intends to bring together researchers, engineers, and students
to present new results, describe work in progress, and explore relationships
among their diverse approaches.
 
Topics covered by the workshop will include, but are not limited to, the
following:
 
. Cooperative diversity
. Virtual MIMO
. Channel capacity
. Cooperative channel coding
. Cognitive radio networks
. Cooperating services
. Grid Computing
. Middleware
. Performance analysis, simulation and experiment . Services, applications
and systems . Testbed, prototype, practical system and case studies .
Resource management . Mobility management . Energy management . Security
management . Cross-layer cooperation and optimization . Cooperative and
distributed relaying . Relay networking . Regenerative cooperative systems .
Protocols for relay and multi-hop channels . Distributed relay-assignment
algorithm . Routing, packet forwarding, multicast . Cooperative scheduling .
Cooperative MAC protocol . Power control . Network Coding . Security
architecture and mechanisms . QoS provisioning . Topology control .
Synchronization . Cooperative schemes in Wireless PAN, LAN, MAN .
Cooperative schemes in  B3G, 4G  System . Cooperation in ad hoc networks .
Cooperation in wireless mesh networks . Cooperation in wireless sensor
networks . peer-to-peer networks . Cooperative schemes in IEEE 802.x
families, e.g. 802.11, 802.15, 802.16, 802.20

Important Dates:
=================
Submission due: 15 July 2007
Acceptance notification: 31 August 2007
Camera-ready due: 10 September 2007
Workshop: 6-8 December 2007

Submissions and Publications:
=============================
Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research, not
currently under review somewhere else, are solicited. Submissions should
include abstract, key words, the e-mail address of the corresponding author.
The length of the papers should be limited up to 8 pages, including tables,
references and figures. The papers should follow the standard IEEE
camera-ready format. Only PDF format is acceptable. Submission of a paper
should be regarded as an undertaking that, should the paper be accepted, at
least one of the authors will register and attend the workshop to present
the work.
 
All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be provided to the
authors.  All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings
published by IEEE Computer Society and in the IEEE Xplore database, and will
be indexed by EI. Distinguished papers accepted and presented in CoNET'07,
will be invited to contribute in the book Cooperative Wireless
Communications, Auerbach Publications, Taylor&Francis Group.

Workshop Committee:
==================
Steering Co-Chairs:
 
Jong Hyuk Park, Hanwha S&C Co., Ltd., Korea 
Laurence T. Yang, St Francis Xavier University, Canada 
Hsiao-Hwa Chen, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
 
International Advisory Committee:
 
Noureddine Boudriga, University of Carthage, Tunisia 
Masayuki Fujise, NiCT Asia Research Center, Thailand 
Taihoon Kim, SERSC, Korea 
Pentti Leppänen, University of Oulu, Finland 
Jianhua Ma, Hosei University, Japan 
Youju Mao, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China 
Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Canada 
Nandana Rajatheva, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand 
A.B. Sharma, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland 
 
General Co-Chairs:
 
Yan Zhang, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway 
Mieso Denko, University of Guelph, Canada 
Chenyang Yang, Beihang University, China 
Wonjun Lee, Korea University, Korea
 
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Ming-Tuo Zhou, NICT Singapore
Jun Zheng, University of Ottawa, Canada
Tolis Papathanassiou, Intel Corporation, USA
 
Publicity Co-Chairs:
Tao Jiang, University of Michigan, USA
Yifan Chen, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore 
Supeng Leng, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
 
Web Management Chair:
Jie Xiang. Simula Research Laboratory, Norway

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet