Subject: [manet] Personalized Networks'07: Deadline Extended

From: Martin Jacobsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:43:19 +0200

Please accept our apologies if you received multiple copies
of this call for papers

                  CALL FOR PAPERS EXTENDED

============================================================ 

   Second International Workshop on Personalized Networks
                    http://pernets.org/

              To be held in conjunction with:
   The 4th Annual International Conference on Mobile and
Ubiquitous Systems: Networks and Services (MOBIQUITOUS 2007)
     August 10, 2007 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

============================================================

Important Dates

Paper Submission Deadline:     April 7, 2007 (EXTENDED on Request)
Notification of Acceptance:    May 21, 2007
Camera-Ready Submissions:      June 10, 2007

(Accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings and the IEEE Digital Library)

=============================================================

Purpose of this workshop

The ubiquitous nature of wireless networks has spawned many interesting
applications that were unimagined hitherto. It has also brought many
challenges for the communication and networking community to address. On
one hand we see present day mobile devices are capable of providing many
services that required several devices before. For example, most cell
phones nowadays provide high speed data access, still and video cameras,
PDA functionality, etc. These advances in device sophistication and
service offerings, including wireless hotspots, have made a difference
in the way we communicate. With increased user mobility and user's
desire to always be connected, we have seen a growing interest in
Personal Area Networks (PANs) and Body Area Networks (BANs). These
networks can be tuned and applied meaningfully for individual users and
their requirements. On the other hand the Internet has changed our way
of interacting dramatically. These two major communication areas are
having an in-depth influence on the way we communicate; it is worth
considering them 'together' as the future communication vehicle.

(Please visit http://pernets.org/ for more information and submission
instructions)

Scope of the submission

We seek original contributions which are aimed at finding solutions to
the problems that are outlined above towards realization of a
Personalized Network. We have identified the following major topics
under which we try to categorize the submissions. However, we will
consider any other original, interesting, and imaginative ideas and
thoughts towards meeting this goal of a Personalized Network.

* The architectural framework of personalized networks
* Context awareness and support
* Resource, service and context discovery
* Self-organization and adaptation
* Addressing and routing
* Interworking between PANs, ad hoc networks, etc, and
   infrastructure-based heterogeneous networks
* Mobility of personalized networks
* Security, privacy and accounting
* Zero configuration methods and other enablers for ease-of-use
* Dependability
* Context-aware and application-driven communication substrates
* Interactions between persons through their networks, federations of 
   such networks
* Handling of QoS across heterogeneous and dynamically changing link 
   layers
* New QoS concepts in personalized networks
* Mapping of functional requirements to physical devices and resources
* Modeling and simulation of personalized networks
* P2P paradigm in personalized networks
* Innovative applications or prototypes and demonstrations of such 
   person centric applications are equally valued

Why should you participate in this workshop?

Personalized Networks is a concrete vision of the future networks, yet
very current, in the field of communications. It attracts researchers
from both wired and wireless domains. This workshop is an ideal platform
to share a vision of where we are heading, interact, and strongly
advocate an exciting new avenue for researchers and practitioners in the
field of communication. Further, the final program will consist of
carefully selected - with at least three peer reviews - and high quality
submissions with a large emphasis on new ideas rather than incremental
contributions to the field. Submissions of shorter versions of full
papers that can be submitted to other conferences/journal in the near
future are discouraged.

General Chairperson

Ignas Niemegeers, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands

Program Co-Chairpersons

Sonia Heemstra de Groot, University of Twente, Netherlands
Sai Shankar, Qualcomm, San Diego, USA
Magda El Zarki, University of California, Irvine, USA

Publicity Chairperson

Paolo Bellavista, Università degli Studi di Bologna, Italy

Technical Program Committee

Paolo Bellavista, Università degli Studi di Bologna, Italy
Milind M Buddhikot, Bell Laboratories, New Jersey, USA
Chun-Ting Chou, Philips Research, New York, USA
Carlos Cordeiro, Philips Research, New York, USA
Piet Demeester, University of Ghent, Belgium
Sudhir Dixit, Nokia, Boston, USA
Minaxi Gupta, Indiana University, USA
Carmelita Görg, University of Bremen, Germany
K. V. S. Hari, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Frank den Hartog, TNO, Netherlands
Sonia Heemstra de Groot, TI-WMC, Netherlands
Geert Heijenk, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Ramin Hekmat, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
James Irvine, Strathclyde University, Scotland
H. S. Jamadagni, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Ernö Kovacs, NEC Europe, Heidelberg, Germany
Anup Kumar, University of Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Joy Kuri, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Guy Leduc, Universite de Liege, Belgium
Anthony Lo, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Ingrid Moerman, University of Ghent, Belgium
Luis Muñoz, University of Cantabria, Spain
Ignas Niemegeers, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Giovanni Pau, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Jorge Pereira, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium
Neeli Prasad, University of Aalborg, Denmark
Ramjee Prasad, University of Aalborg, Denmark
Tarek Saadawi, City University of New York, USA
Paolo Santi, CNR Institute for Informatics and Telematics, Italy
Amardeo Sarma, NEC Network Laboratories, Germany
Sai Shankar, Qualcomm, San Diego, USA
Sirin Tekinay, New Jersey Institute of Technology, New Jersey, USA
Magda El Zarki, University of California, Irvine, USA
Djamal Zeglache, INT, Paris, France

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet