Subject: [manet] [CFP] Call for Book Chapter on Cooperative Wireless Communications

From: "Yan ZHANG" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:08:35 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this emails]

CALL FOR BOOK CHAPTER

Title: Cooperative Wireless Communications

(to be published by Auerbach Publications, Taylor&Francis Group
http://www.crcpress.com/)

http://home.simula.no/~yanzhang/CooperativeWCCFP.html

Introduction
============
Cooperative mechanisms are becoming increasingly important in wireless
communications and networks to substantially enhance system performance with
respect to much less power consumption, higher system capacity, smaller
packet loss rate and higher network resilience.

The concept cooperation can be applied in a variety of wireless systems and
networks. The idea of cooperation can be traced back to the information
theory investigation on relay channel in cellular network. Recently, the
standard IEEE 802.16 WiMAX for future Broadband Wireless Access (BWA)
established the 802.16j Relay Task Group to incorporate the cooperative
relaying mechanism. In addition, the strategy of cooperation is believed to
be even more suitable and have wider applications in mobile ad hoc networks,
wireless mesh networks and sensor networks. The concept cooperation is
widely applicable in addressing a number of different issues. From the
system point of view, since Mobile Station (MS) has limitations in single
antenna, power, cost and hardware, it is infeasible to use MIMO technology
in MS. The cooperative communication explores the benefits of multi-user
environment by creating a virtual MIMO system. For the protocol issues, the
idea of cooperation can be found in designing and implementing routing, MAC,
location management, resource allocation, scheduling, energy management, and
packet forwarding. The objective of this book is going to systematically
introduce and discuss various cooperative strategies in wireless
communications and networks. This book provides readers with a comprehensive
technical, practical, and deploying guidance in general on the cooperative
strategies in wireless communications as well as the latest IEEE standard
specifications. The subject will be explored with various key challenges and
cooperative solutions in 3G, B3G, 4G, WiMAX, ad hoc networks, mesh networks,
and sensor networks.

Recommended Topics(not limited to)
==================================
Cooperative diversity
Virtual MIMO
Channel capacity
Cooperative channel coding
Cooperative mechanisms in cognitive radio networks (e.g. Spectrum sensing,
spectrum sharing) Performance analysis, simulation and experiment
Services, applications and systems
Testbed, prototype, practical system and case studies
Resource management
Mobility management
Energy management
Cross-layer cooperation and optimization
Cooperative and distributed relaying
Routing, packet forwarding, multicast
Cooperative MAC protocol
Power control
Network Coding
Security architecture and mechanisms
QoS provisioning
Topology control
Cooperative schemes in Wireless PAN, LAN, MAN
Copperative schemes in  B3G, 4G  System
Cooperative schemes in wireless ad hoc, mesh and sensor networks
peer-to-peer networks
Cooperative schemes in IEEE 802.x families, e.g. 802.11, 802.15, 802.16,
802.20

Important Dates
================
*       Submission of chapter proposal: 30, June 2007 (You are invited to
submit a 1-2 pages proposal discribing the topic of your chapter. The
proposal should include the chapter organization, number of pages of the
final manuscript and contact authors. )
*       Notification of proposal acceptance: 30, July 2007
*       Full chapter submission: 30, Oct. 2007
*       Review report received: 30, Dec. 2007
*       Final version submission: 28, Feb. 2007

Manuscript Submission
=====================
Set as double-spaced
Estimated, each chapter should has about 35 pages with double-space format.

***Note***: each lead chapter author will get a free copy of the book.

Contact
=======
Please make correspondence and paper submissions to:

Dr. Yan ZHANG
Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
Email: [email-masked]

Dr. Hsiao-Hwa Chen  
National Sun Yat-Sen University, Taiwan
Email: [email-masked]

Dr. Mohsen Guizani
Western Michigan University, USA
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet