Subject: [manet] [IEEE MASS 2007]: Call for Demos

From: "Andrea Passarella" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 21:05:47 +0200 (CEST)

[ Apologies for possible duplicates]
--------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR DEMOS

Fourth International Conference on
Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems
IEEE MASS 2007
http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass07

Sponsored by IEEE, IEEE Computer Society

Oct. 8-11 Pisa, Italy

Real experimentation has proven to be a fundamental methodology
to evaluate mobile ad hoc and sensor systems. Furthermore, early
prototyping is an outstanding way to understand real user
requirements and help adoption of wireless ad hoc technologies
by the mass market. In this view, IEEE MASS solicits
demonstrations of mobile ad hoc and sensor systems showing
real-systems prototypes at work, thus stimulating discussions
among the attendees. Demonstrations from both academia and
industry are welcome at most.

********************* HIGHLIGHTS *******************************
*
* - Authors of all accepted demos will be invited to provide a
*   SHORT DEMO PAPER (3 pages) describing the demo features.
*   Short demo papers will be included in the MASS proceedings.
*
* - MASS 2007 will grant a "Best Demo Award" based upon both the
*   technical and innovation contribution.
*
****************************************************************

Demo proposals must be limited to 3 pages (IEEE conference
template, font size no less than 10pt), describing the demo
research framework, and what will be shown during the MASS demo
session. The proposal must also include all the technical
requirements for the demo. Demo proposals must be submitted as a
SINGLE PDF FILE via e-mail to the demo chairs
([email-masked]). For more information, please refer to
the demo section of the IEEE MASS 2007 official web site
(http://cnd.iit.cnr.it/mass07).

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Provisioning of wireless QoS in terms of bandwidth and delay
  assurance
* Routing protocols (unicast, multicast, broadcast, geocast)
  and metrics
* Data transport in wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
* Power-aware and energy-efficient design
* Topology construction and coverage maintenance
* Cross layer design and optimization
* Incentives and game theoretic approaches in
  wireless ad-hoc networks
* Localization and synchronization in wireless sensor networks
* Data gathering, fusion, and dissemination in
  wireless sensor networks
* Operating system and middleware support
* Mesh networking
* Delay tolerant networks and opportunistic networking
* Handoff, mobility management and seamless internetworking
* Peer-to-peer, overlay, and content distribution
  wireless ad hoc networks
* Reliability, security, and trustworthiness issues in
  ad hoc and sensor networks

Important Dates:

Submission deadline:            July 2, 2007
Acceptance notification:        July 16, 2007
Camera-ready deadline:          August 1, 2007
Conference date:                October 8-11, 2007

Andrea Passarella and Gergely Zaruba
IEEE MASS 2007 Demo Chairs

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet