Subject: [manet] Intermediate DYMO Node and MANEMO Mobile Router

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:52:44 +0200

I think section 5.3.3 of DYMO draft (Intermediate Node RREP Creation) is
a potential tool for accommodating a MANEMO MR-LFN combination.

Whereas generally DYMO assumes the destination IP address of an
application be on a node that runs DYMO, a MANEMO MR-LFN network does
not assume LFN runs DYMO nor anything else related to mobility.

However, DYMO specifies that an intermediary node could reply to a RREQ
that traverses it, and this intermediary node could be the MANEMO Mobile
Router responding to a RREP on behalf of LFN.  But contrary to the DYMO
spec text:

> The Intermediate Node SHOULD also issue a gratuitous RREP to the RREQ
>  TargetNode, so that the RREQ TargetNode receives routing information
>  on how to reach the RREQ OrigNode.

The Intermediate Node that is a MANEMO Mobile Router should _not_ send a
gratuitous RREP to RREQ's Target Node, because that address is either
its own (MR's) address or LFN's address, and LFN doesn't understand DYMO.

Thoughts?

Alex

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet