Subject: [manet] CFPs- 2nd ACM Workshop on Performance Monitoring, Measurement, and Evaluation of Heterogeneous Wireless and Wired Networks

From: "Mohamed Ould-Khaoua" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 06:11:44 +0100

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFPs]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS                          

2nd ACM International Workshop on Performance Monitoring, Measurement,
and Evaluation of Heterogeneous Wireless and Wired Networks- PM2HW2N'07
 
http://www.i3a.uclm.es/pm2hw2n07/

To be held in conjunction with 
10th ACM/IEEE International Symposium on  Modeling, Analysis and Simulation 
of Wireless and Mobile Systems - MSWiM'07
http://www.cs.unibo.it/projects/mswim2007/

October 22 - 26, 2007
Chania, Crete Island, Greece

SCOPE:
Wireless networks, including ad hoc, sensor, along with ubiquitous, have
witnessed over the past few years their fastest growth period and have
become increasingly complex. Nonetheless, their performance evaluation
and analysis have been conducted mostly through software simulations
(e.g. using ns-2 or OPNET tools). Very recently, some research efforts
have been directed towards measuring real-world commercial and
experimental networks; constructing models based on real-world data and
using prototypes to more realistically and comprehensively evaluate the
suggested solutions and more specifically validate the assumptions and
the conclusions reached via the simulation approach.

The monitoring, measurements, and evaluation of heterogeneous wired and
wireless mobile networks poses a new set of unique challenges due to the
unique inherent properties of these systems and due to the
characteristics of the wireless transmission medium.

The aim of this workshop, whose 1st edition was held in 2006 in
Torremolinos (Spain), is to bring together scientists, engineers, and
practitioners to share and exchange their experiences, discuss
challenges, and report state-of-the-art and in-progress research on all
aspects of performance measurements, monitoring, and evaluation of
heterogeneous wired and wireless mobile networks, including, wireless ad
hoc, sensor, and ubiquitous networks.

A detailed list on the workshop topics can be found at the PM2HW2N'07;s
site: http://www.i3a.uclm.es/pm2hw2n07/

ORGANIZATION:
 
Program Chair
Blanca CAMINERO, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Albacete, Spain
Contact: blanca at dsi.uclm.es

Program Vice-Chair
Richard PAZZI, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Contact: rwerner at site.uottawa.ca

TECHNICAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
(in progress) 

N. Abu-Ghazaleh, SUNY-Binghamton (USA)
K. Al-Begain, University of Glamorgan (UK)
I. Awan, University of Bradford (UK)
A. Bermudez, University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
R. Beyah, GSU (USA)
J.C. Cano, Technical University of Valencia (Spain)
C. Carrion, University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
M. Colajanni, University of Modena (Italy)
P. Cuenca, University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
G. Dodero, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (Italy)
E. Fleury, INSA de Lyon (France)
X. Jin,University of Bradford (UK)
E. Karatza, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece)
G. Min, University of Bradford (UK)
M. Naimi, University of Cergy-Pontoise (France)
S. Nikoletseas, Computer Technology Institute (Greece)
T. Olivares, University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
L. Orozco-Barbosa, University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
A. Passarella, CNR-IIT Pisa (Italy)
M. Perez-Malumbres, Miguel Hernandez University (Spain)
F. Quiles, University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
P. Ruiz, University of Murcia (Spain)
J. A. Sanchez-Laguna, University of Murcia (Spain)
C. Skianis, NCSR Demokritos (Greece)
S. Tilak, San Diego Supercomputing Center/UCSD (USA)
A. Zomaya, University of Sydney (Australia)

PAPER SUBMISSION:
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original unpublished
research and recent developments in the topics related to the workshop.
The length of the papers should not exceed 10 single-spaced pages,
formatted using the ACM style. LaTex2e and MS Word templates can be
found at http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html.

All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be provided to
the authors. Accepted papers will appear in the workshop proceedings,
published by ACM. At least one author of accepted papers is expected to
attend the workshop to present its contribution.

Paper submission must be done electronically through the OpenConf system
at http://investigacion.uclm.es/pm2hw2n07/.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Submission Deadline:   11 June 2007
Author Notification:    1 July 2007
Camera ready:   TBA
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet