Subject: [manet] Postdoc position

From: Marc Mosko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:47:51 PDT

The Computing Science Laboratory (CSL) at the Palo Alto Research Center 
(PARC) invites
applications for a full-time postdoctoral research or visiting scholar 
position
in the areas of ad hoc wireless networking  and Internet architecture 
starting in the fall
of 2007. The candidate should have adequate research experience 
demonstrated through
publications in international conferences and journals and 
implementations of working prototypes.
Good verbal and written skills in English are essential.
 
The candidate is expected to carry out research in at least one of the 
following areas
in wireless ad hoc networks or Internet technology. The projects 
include: (a) Content-centric
networking, which aims at developing a new architecture for the Internet 
focusing on content
rather than connectivity of networks or hosts; (b) robust 
internetworking in disrupted environments,
which is developing novel protocols and techniques for content 
dissemination in
wireless networks subject to  disruption; (c) multi-radio, 
spectrum-agile networks, which aims
at developing algorithms and protocols for ad hoc networks of nodes 
endowed with multiple
spectrum agile radios; and (d) multimedia dissemination in all-wireless  
networks,
which aims at developing architectures and protocols for one-to-one and 
many-to-many
communication using voice, video and data in WiFi compatible ad hoc 
networks.

Preferably, a candidate should be able to implement research ideas in 
functioning prototypes in
an appropriate programming language.   For networking projects, a 
familiarity with Qualnet
or ns2 and Linux kernel programming is a plus. 

The positions  are available immediately for one year and are extensible 
to multiple years
based on performance.

If you are interested please send your CV, links to selected 
publications, and the names of three
references to Dr. Marc Mosko (mmosko at parc dot com).

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet