Subject: [manet] Looking for an RA-OLSR normative reference

From: "Bruce M. Simpson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:18:01 +0100

Hello,

I am one of the XORP developers: http://www.xorp.org/

I am currently performing initial requirements analysis for an 
RFC-compliant implementation of the OLSRv1 routing protocol as part of 
the XORP router architecture.

I have noted that the 802.11s TG are investigating the use of OLSR as a 
link-state protocol for MP-to-MP forwarding in 802.11s ESS Mesh 
networks, as 'RA-OLSR', and would like to investigate the feasibility of 
making the XORP implementation capable of performing RA-OLSR routing 
functions at a later date; focusing on IPv4/IPv6 unicast forwarding 
initially, with route redistribution capabilities between MANET domains 
and existing 'Big-I' Internet routing domains (BGP, IS-IS).

Whilst I can see some of the comments in the 802.11s ratification 
process on the IEEE web sites, I have not yet found anything resembling 
a draft specification for how RA-OLSR is transmitted on the wire, or how 
it is derived from the existing specification of OLSR.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Kind regards
BMS

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet