Subject: [manet] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-smf-06

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:47:25 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-smf-06.txt has been successfuly submitted by Joseph Macker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-manet-smf
Revision:	 06
Title:		 Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
Creation_date:	 2007-11-17
WG ID:		 manet
Number_of_pages: 47

Abstract:
This document describes a Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
mechanism that provides basic IP multicast forwarding suitable for
wireless mesh and mobile ad hoc network (MANET) use.  SMF specifies
techniques for multicast duplicate packet detection (DPD) to assist
the forwarding process.  SMF also specifies DPD maintenance and
checking operations consistent with both IPv4 and IPv6.  SMF takes
advantage of reduced relay sets for efficient MANET multicast
forwarding within a mesh topology and the document describes protocol
interaction with a number of approaches.  Candidate algorithms for
selecting reduced relay sets and related discussion is provided in
the Appendices.  Basic issues relating to the operation of multicast
MANET border routers are discussed but ongoing work remains in this
area beyond the scope of this document.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet