Subject: [manet] I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-smf-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simplified Multicast Forwarding for MANET
	Author(s)       : J. Macker, S. Team
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-smf-06.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2007-11-17

This document describes a Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)
mechanism that provides basic IP multicast forwarding suitable for
wireless mesh and mobile ad hoc network (MANET) use.  SMF specifies
techniques for multicast duplicate packet detection (DPD) to assist
the forwarding process.  SMF also specifies DPD maintenance and
checking operations consistent with both IPv4 and IPv6.  SMF takes
advantage of reduced relay sets for efficient MANET multicast
forwarding within a mesh topology and the document describes protocol
interaction with a number of approaches.  Candidate algorithms for
selecting reduced relay sets and related discussion is provided in
the Appendices.  Basic issues relating to the operation of multicast
MANET border routers are discussed but ongoing work remains in this
area beyond the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-manet-smf-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-smf-06.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet