Subject: [manet] Cognitive Radio: Algorithms & System Design by Physical Communication Journal (ELSEVIER)

From: "Honggang Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:42:04 +0800

(We apologize in advance if you received multiple copies of the following
CFP!)

Dear all colleagues,

A special issue on "Cognitive Radio: Algorithms & System Design" is under
process by the ELSEVIER Physical Communication Journal. Please kindly find
the Call For Papers (CFP) as attached here. 

PHYCOM: 

Physical Communication Journal (ELSEVIER)

Special issue on:

Cognitive Radio: Algorithms & System Design

Cognitive radio is an emerging technology in wireless access, aimed at
vastly improving the way radio spectrum is utilized. The basic idea is that
an "unlicensed" secondary user can be permitted to use licensed spectrum,
provided that it does not interfere with any primary users. The motivation
for cognitive radio stems from various measurements of spectrum utilization,
which generally show that spectrum is under-utilized. This means that there
are many "holes" in the radio spectrum that could be exploited. The research
challenges in this area include devising methods for efficient spectrum
pooling, interference management and dynamic resource allocation to achieve
spectral efficiency without causing harmful degradation to the primary
system. 

The aim of this issue is to bring together theoretical research
contributions and practical applications presenting new techniques, concepts
or analyses focusing on cognitive radio algorithms and system design.
Original papers on related subjects will be considered, among them spectrum
pooling, collaborative communication, system protocols design,
implementation and architectures for enabling technologies on cognitive
radio, and dynamic spectrum access based communication systems.

Topics of interest:

.         Wireless Spectrum Auctions

.         Dynamic Spectrum Management

*	Interference Management
*	Spectrum Pooling
*	Blind Sensing Techniques
*	Co-existence of Heterogeneous Systems

.         Distributed Channel Selection and Resource Allocation Algorithms

.         Cross Layer Design for Cognitive Radio

.         Cooperative Communications in the Context of Cognitive Radio  

*	Measurements and Channel Modeling for Flexible Bandwidth Systems 

.         Cognitive and Flexible Radio Architectures and Implementations

.         Ultra-wideband Cognitive Radio

Authors are requested to submit their manuscripts to
http://ees.elsevier.com/phycom and to follow manuscript preparation
guidelines, in the complete Guide for Authors, at

http://www.elsevier.com/locate/phycom according to the following timetable:

Manuscript Submission: September 30, 2008

First Round of Reviews: November 15, 2008

Acceptance Notification: December 15, 2008

Final Manuscript Due: December 31, 2008

Publication: January 2009

Guest Editors:

Aawatif HAYAR

EURECOM, France

[email-masked] 

Heather ZHENG

Univ. of California
Santa Barbara, USA
[email-masked]

Dana PORRAT

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Honggang ZHANG
Zhejiang University, China 
[email-masked]
Sai Shankar Nandagopalan 
Broadcom Corp.
[email-masked] 

 

Thanks in advance,

Honggang Zhang

=====================================================

Honggang ZHANG, Professor, Ph.D.

Department of Information Science & Electronic Engineering 

Zhejiang University 

Zheda Road 38, Hangzhou 310027, CHINA

Tel: +86-571-87952022       Fax: +86-571-87952022

Email: [email-masked]

=====================================================

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet