Subject: [manet] traffic models for ad hoc networks

From: "Stephane Batassi Imoma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 16:03:41 +0200

Dear Mr

my name is Stéphane Batassi, I'm student in Information and Communication
Technology at the university of Bremen (Germany). As part of my thesis, I'm
doing some researches on Wireless Ad hoc Networks. The purpose is to improve
the communication efficiency (QoS, Throughput, delay) by using several
paths. I've designed some algorithms that should be implemented and
simulated in an environment closed to reality.

However, for simulation purposes i need to know the kinds of applications
supported in MANET (FTP, mail, Video conference, HTTP, etc..) especially
their characteristics (in terms of number of packets, sizes range,
distribution of these flows, bandwidth, etc...).

I wonder to know if you can provide me with some traffic models for ad hoc
networks or if you have some survey on traffic engineering in MANET that I
can use as reference.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Stéphane Batassi
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet