Subject: [manet] RFC 5497 on Representing Multi-Value Time in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:47:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5497

        Title:      Representing Multi-Value Time in Mobile 
                    Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) 
        Author:     T. Clausen, C. Dearlove
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30653
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-timetlv-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5497.txt

This document describes a general and flexible TLV (type-length-value
structure) for representing time-values, such as an interval or a
duration, using the generalized Mobile Ad hoc NETwork (MANET) packet/
message format.  It defines two Message TLVs and two Address Block
TLVs for representing validity and interval times for MANET routing
protocols.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute