Subject: [manet] RFC 5498 on IANA Allocations for Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5498

        Title:      IANA Allocations for Mobile Ad 
                    Hoc Network (MANET) Protocols 
        Author:     I. Chakeres
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8399
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-iana-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5498.txt

This document enumerates several common IANA allocations for use by
Mobile Ad hoc NETwork (MANET) protocols.  The following well-known
numbers are required: a UDP port number, an IP protocol number, and a
link-local multicast group address.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute