Subject: [manet] I-D Action:draft-ietf-manet-dlep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP)
	Author(s)       : S. Ratliff, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-00.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2010-11-22

When routing devices rely on modems to effect communications over 
wireless links, they need timely and accurate knowledge of the 
characteristics of the link (speed, state, etc.) in order to make 
forwarding decisions. In mobile or other environments where these 
characteristics change frequently, manual configurations or the  
inference of state through routing or transport protocols does not 
allow the router to make the best decisions. A bidirectional, event-
driven communication channel between the router and the modem is 
necessary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.