Subject: [manet] Protocol Action: 'Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:49:19 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)'
  (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-15.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp/

Technical Summary

This document describes a 1-hop and symmetric 2-hop neighborhood
discovery protocol (NHDP) for mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs).

Working Group Summary

This document contains information that was originally in OLSRv2. It
was pulled out and generalized, since it can be used in conjunction
with several of the MANET WG protocols - specifically OLSRv2, SMF,
and DYMO.

Document Quality

Several interoperable implementations of NHDP exist, and many are
publicly available. Note: that these implementations are often
bundled with OLSRv2 implementations, as NHDP is a major component of
OLSRv2.

Personnel:

Ian Chakeres ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.

Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]> is the Responsible Area Director