Subject: Re: [manet] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-01

From: "Cole, Robert G Dr CIV USA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:48:33 -0500

We updated the Report-MIB for discussion in Prague.  The architecture of the Sampled and the History Reports were changed to allow for simpler and more efficient report retrieval over bandwidth limited or disruption tolerant environments.  Added Notifications Group in the process.

Thanks,
Bob

----- Original Message -----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: Cole, Robert G Dr CIV USA
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thu Feb 17 11:35:48 2011
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-01 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-manet-report-mib-01.txt has been successfully submitted by Robert Cole and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-manet-report-mib
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Definition of Managed Objects for Performance Reporting
Creation_date:	 2011-02-17
WG ID:		 manet
Number_of_pages: 74

Abstract:
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes objects for configuring autonomous report
generation on any device that supports MIBs containing counter and
gauge objects for performance monitoring.  This allows a management
station to instruct a device to build off-line reports to be
collected asynchronously by the management station.  Further, this
REPORT-MIB can be configured in a proxy configuration where the
report generation is performed on a device in close network proximity
to the device containing the referenced counter objects.  Hence, this
capability allows network operators to reduce the SNMP polling
traffic burden on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Disruption Tolerant Networks
which is typical of SNMP performance management applications.  This
capability also improves the accuracy of the performance reports by
minimizing the delay variation between the reporting agent (this MIB)
and the data monitor (the MIB containing the monitored counter
objects).

The IETF Secretariat.