Subject: [manet] Multi Org and Targ in RteMsg (was Re: Notifications from the IETF tools Issue Tracker)

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:08:02 +0100

Hi Henning,

LOADng uses 5444 but does not have multiple originators only targets,
I may misunderstood if so please correct me. However, we may use
similar format of LOADng in AODVv2, but we just need to go through the
AODVv2 function advantages. In AODVv2 there is possibility to have
multiple Org, and Targ addresses within the same message do you have
another way to do that.

I suggested one way in another thread, but may have a long size
message, not sure but like to see AODVv2 authors opinion. Hope to know
LoADng authors opinion also,

AB

On 1/23/13, Henning Rogge <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 01/23/2013 12:04 AM, Abdussalam Baryun wrote:
>> Hi Ulrich,
>>
>> I think you may see that it is a bad idea but that is the only choice
>> I see that RFC5444 serves reactive.
>
> The specification of LOADng proves that you are wrong. It is NOT the
> only choice.
>
> Henning Rogge
>
> --
> Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
> Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
> Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
> Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
> Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
> mailto:[email-masked] http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de
>
>

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:45:11 +0100

For AODV it is nice performance to protocol to have more than one
org-targ path in one 5444 message, and also for DSR as well, however,
I want also in DSRv2 to have order in the path addresses within one
5444 message,

AB

On 1/23/13, Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

---

From: Teco Boot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:50:28 +0100

> I want also in DSRv2 to have order in the path addresses within one

As clearly spelled out now, this needs a creative implementation of 5444.
Could be new type of AddrBlk, or some ordering TLV. Or whatever.

Why not posting an early draft, instead of repeating yourself here?

Teco

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:59:13 +0100

Hi Teco,

Yes I want to submit the I-D of DSRv2 but it needs to be adjusted,
some issues need more ideas. I seem to have some difficulty with 5444,

Regarding the ordering TLVs, yes I will add to make router find the
path without need for the addresses or AddBlks to be in order.

AB