Subject: [manet] #15: Reactive Design Approach

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:11:25 -0000

#15: Reactive Design Approach

 There is a problem that reactive work better in some application
 scenarios and proactive work better in other application scenarios,
 but both are important for MANETs in general. However, there are some
 application scenarios where the hybrid routing is the best choice for
 the MANET. Another problem is that generated routing information are
 different in reactive and proactive, so it will be reasonable that
 there may be different best formatting, which needs an answer/discuss.

  The design approach to start with the messaging format before the
 completion of designing both proactive and reactive separate standards
 can't be the right approach for designing general purpose protocols. That
 may be a good approach for manet hybrid routing that includes both
 reactive and proactive routing functions. However, there is no prove that
 similar message formatting will give better performance for two separate
 protocols for different scenarios.

  I suggest the WG reactive protocol modified without thinking of a hybrid
 or proactive routing, but just the reactive. Also I suggest we don't think
 about gateway issues as leave it in separate draft.

-- 
----------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Abdussalam Baryun
     Type:  enhancement                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                       |  Milestone:
Component:  dymo                        |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document          |   Keywords:  Design Approach
----------------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/15>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>