Subject: [manet] #12: INVALID_PREFIX_LENGTH -- is it useful?

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:56:18 -0000

#12: INVALID_PREFIX_LENGTH -- is it useful?

 In AODVv2, all routes have known prefix lengths, which
 can be the same as the length of the IP address family of the route's
 destination (in which case, they are known as "host routes").  Only
 when there is no route, is it possible for a destination to have an
 unknown prefix length.  In that case, the RERR message has only a
 single destination address in its !AddrBlk, and since the !PrefixLength
 is unknown, it is simply not included.

 Since there are not any cases where INVALID_PREFIX_LENGTH has to
 be assigned, it should be deleted from the specification.  For all
 destinations that do not have explicitly known subnet prefixes, the
 !PrefixLength must be reported to be the length of IP addresses for
 the relevant address family (i.e., 4 for IPv4 or 16 for IPv6).

-- 
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Charlie Perkins
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  trivial                |  Milestone:
Component:  dymo                   |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |   Keywords:  INVALID_PREFIX_LENGTH
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/12>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>