Subject: [manet] comments for draft-clausen-lln-loadng-07.txt

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 13:02:16 +0100

To: Authors of the work LOADng,

I start review the doc, got to page 9 so far it is interesting,

4> Generate control traffic based on network events only: when a new
route is required, or when an active route is detected broken.
Specifically, this protocol does not require periodic signaling.

Not sure what is *event* why not needed signaling. I may understand
the meaning, but I think the event is not defined, so it seems
general. Recommend to define it,

12.4> RREQs, whether initially generated or forwarded, are sent to all
   neighbor LOADng Routers through all interfaces in the Local Interface
   Set.

I think it not should send to ALL intf but only intrf with similar
metric type, please reply for discussion,

Regards
AB
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Note: If this message not replied by any author within a month,
it will be sent to the AD to get a response from the authors.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

---

From: Jiazi Yi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 13:52:58 +0100

Hi AB, 

please check inline:

> general. Recommend to define it,

The "events" are defined clearly: when a new
route is required, or when an active route is detected broken.

It's *periodic* signaling that is not required, i.e. like HELLO and TC messages used on OLSR. 

> metric type, please reply for discussion,

LOADng supports different metric types in the network. In fact, for LOADng, it can run in a heterogeneous environments with different interfaces (i.e. possible different metric types are sued). So it's important that different metric types are supported. Limiting the RREQ/RREP transmission to the metric types, might result in disconnections in the network. 
LOADng provides a "fallback" to HOP_COUNT metric if an interface gets a message with the metric type that it doesn't understand. 

best

Jiazi

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet