Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-dymo-25.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:42:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Dynamic MANET On-demand (AODVv2) Routing
	Author(s)       : Charles E. Perkins
                          Ian D Chakeres
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dymo-25.txt
	Pages           : 58
	Date            : 2013-01-03

Abstract:
   The Dynamic MANET On-demand (AODVv2) routing protocol is intended for
   use by mobile routers in wireless, multihop networks.  AODVv2
   determines unicast routes among AODVv2 routers within the network in
   an on-demand fashion, offering on-demand convergence in dynamic
   topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dymo

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dymo-25

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dymo-25

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:56:35 -0800

Hello folks,

The new revision reflects the comments and changes from messages on the
list since the last IETF meeting.  I did rework the approach to 
suppression of
useless RREQ multicast messages, because it turns out to be a lot easier to
describe the operation in terms of incoming multicast messages instead of
in terms of the outgoing messages that are triggered by the incoming
multicast.  Moreover, I restricted the description to only deal with RREQ
multicast messages.  The same thing works for other flooded messages,
but I don't think that's needed in the base part of the specification.

I have been taking as many measures as I can find to improve readability.
I also clarified various mandates, and there were some protocol actions that
were specified as both SHOULD and MUST, for instance.  I think I have fixed
most of those.

Other than that, there were some residual effects of having alternate 
metrics
which needed attention, and various small corrections and clarifications.

During proofreading, I identified some minor issues which I will put 
into the
issue tracker tomorrow.

Regards,
Charlie P.

On 1/3/2013 4:42 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 04:09:41 +0100

Thanks. Reviewed the ID and I think it is excellent,

14.3> delete repeated word *options*.

15.4> amend word *draft* to document.

Regards
AB

---

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 05:54:24 +0000

Thanks Charlie, just a quick messiah e(will send more comments) to acknowledge the great work, really much better shape.

Thanks.

JP.

On Jan 4, 2013, at 1:56 AM, Charles E. Perkins wrote:

> list since the last IETF meeting.  I did rework the approach to suppression of
> Other than that, there were some residual effects of having alternate metrics
> During proofreading, I identified some minor issues which I will put into the
> issue tracker tomorrow.
> 
> Regards,
> Charlie P.
> 
> 
>