Subject: [manet] Protocol Action: 'Integrity Protection for Control Messages in NHDP and OLSRv2' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:25:13 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Integrity Protection for Control Messages in NHDP and OLSRv2'
  (draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-olsrv2-sec/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies integrity and replay protection for the MANET
   Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) and the Optimized Link State
   Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2).  This protection is achieved by
   using an HMAC-SHA-256 Integrity Check Value (ICV) TLV and a timestamp
   TLV based on POSIX time.

   The mechanism in this specification can also be used for other
   protocols that use the generalized packet/message format described in
   RFC 5444.

   This document updates RFC 6130 and the OLSRv2 spec (RFC xxxx) by
   mandating the implementation of this integrity and replay protection in 
   NHDP and OLSRv2.

Working Group Summary

   Working group consensus behind the document is observed as strong. 
   There are numerous authors and contributors that feel this document is
   ready to proceed. 

Document Quality

   The document has received careful review. There are several
   implementations of the document.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Joseph Macker ([email-masked])
   The responsible AD is Adrian Farrel ([email-masked])

RFC Editor Note

   RFC Editor note: Please replace "xxxx" throughout this document with
   the RFC number assigned to [OLSRv2], and remove any associated 
   notes.