Subject: [manet] Scope of Ad-hoc Protocols (MANETS) in Smart Grid Netwoks

From: Hasan Farooq <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:56:44 +0800

Dear MANET Fellows,

I wanted to ask what is the scope and possibility of using Ad-hoc routing
protocols (e.g. AODV, OLSR etc) for smart mart metering communication
network. Having worked on this (simulation and implementation), I see
numerous possibilities and application of MANET routing protocols in ad-hoc
implementation of smart metering nodes. I just want to know the point of
view of other MANET WG fellows.

-- 
Thanks and Regards,
**
*Hasan Farooq*
Department of CIS
Universiti Teknologi Petronas
Malaysia
H/P:+60 10 2900535

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 13:15:51 +0000

Dear Hasan,

My point of view, there are good results of using RPL, AODVv2 and OLSRv2
for that network. In the past I argued that IETF documents related to OLSR
or AODV should mention use cases or applicabilities but seems not much
details the group given/discussed in those documents. You may start a new
draft related to your question and analyse the use cases for AODV and OLSR
in that network. That effort will open more discussions.

Salam
AB

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Hasan Farooq <[email-masked]>wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>
>