Subject: [manet] Protocol Action: 'Integrity Check Value and Timestamp TLV Definitions for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-manet-rfc6622-bis-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 05:57:52 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Integrity Check Value and Timestamp TLV Definitions for Mobile Ad Hoc
   Networks (MANETs)'
  (draft-ietf-manet-rfc6622-bis-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Stewart Bryant.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-rfc6622-bis/

Technical Summary

   This document revises, extends and replaces RFC 6622.  It describes
   general and flexible TLVs for representing cryptographic Integrity
   Check Values (ICVs) and timestamps, using the generalized Mobile Ad
   Hoc Network (MANET) packet/message format defined in RFC 5444.  It
   defines two Packet TLVs, two Message TLVs, and two Address Block TLVs
   for affixing ICVs and timestamps to a packet, a message, and one or
   more addresses, respectively.

Working Group Summary

   Working group consensus behind the document is solid. 
   There is strong consensus within a set of members in the
   working group that this revision is needed. 

Document Quality

   The document has received careful review. There are 
   several implementations of the document.

   The document was updated after IETF last call.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd is Joseph Macker ([email-masked])
   The responsible AD is Adrian Farrel

IANA Note

  In addition to the IANA actions noted in this document, IANA is
  requested to replace references to RFC 6622 from within the
  registries with a reference to this document when it is published
  as an RFC.