Subject: [manet] #39 (aodvv2): Route.Broken flag redundant

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 15:39:45 -0000

#39: Route.Broken flag redundant

 Section 5.1. mandates that a route table entry contains a Route.Broken
 flag, which should indicate whether a route is broken. Additionally, it
 mandates that the route's state be stored. One of the possible states a
 route can assume is Broken, which makes the dedicated Route.Broken flag
 redundant.
 Whenever a route breaks, two fields instead of one have to be updated (and
 2 have to be read if a route is to be checked for brokenness etc), without
 any additional benefit, which seems like unnecessary overhead to me.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lotte.steenbrink@fu-     |      Owner:  draft-ietf-manet-
  berlin.de                          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                   |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/39>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:26:20 -0700

Hello Lotte and all,

This is a good point.  The terminology of a "broken flag" seems to be a 
holdover
from a long time ago, and would indicate that the route table entry is in a
"broken" state.  I'll eliminate the "broken flag" terminology.

Regards,
Charlie P.

-- 
Regards,
Charlie P.