Subject: [manet] RFC 7186 on Security Threats for the Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7186

        Title:      Security Threats for the Neighborhood 
                    Discovery Protocol (NHDP) 
        Author:     J. Yi,
                    U. Herberg,
                    T. Clausen
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 45763
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7186.txt

This document analyzes common security threats of the Neighborhood
Discovery Protocol (NHDP) and describes their potential impacts on
Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) routing protocols using NHDP.  This
document is not intended to propose solutions to the threats
described.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC