Subject: [manet] RFC 7185 on Link Metrics for the Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Routing Protocol OLSRv2 - Rationale

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:29:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7185

        Title:      Link Metrics for the Mobile Ad Hoc 
                    Network (MANET) Routing Protocol 
                    OLSRv2 - Rationale 
        Author:     C. Dearlove,
                    T. Clausen,
                    P. Jacquet
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 59906
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-metrics-rationale-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7185.txt

The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol version 2 (OLSRv2) includes
the ability to assign metrics to links and to use those metrics to
allow routing by other than minimum hop count routes.  This document
provides a historic record of the rationale for, and design
considerations behind, how link metrics were included in OLSRv2.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC