Subject: [manet] #32 (aodvv2): Multicast transmission

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 21:24:58 -0000

#32: Multicast transmission

 (Thomas Clausen)

 Section 5.4:

 {{{
                 In order to reduce multicast overhead, retransmitting
                 multicast packets in MANETs SHOULD be done according to
                 methods specified in [RFC6621]
 }}}

 What happens if that "SHOULD" is not done? Does it break interoperability?
 Also, RFC6621 is not std.track, so this is a downref that requires special
 handling. I note that SHOULD is a fairly strong normative statement, but
 the RFC6621 is cited as an informational reference. This does not appear
 appropriate.

 And finally, RFC6621 specifies a number of different algorithms and modes
 of operation, some of which require additional signalling.  For
 interoperable implementations to result, this is insufficient.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-manet-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2       |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG    |   Keywords:
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/32>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>