Subject: [manet] RFC 7181 on The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol Version 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:28:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7181

        Title:      The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol
                    Version 2 
        Author:     T. Clausen, C. Dearlove,
                    P. Jacquet, U. Herberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      115
        Characters: 253538
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7181.txt

This specification describes version 2 of the Optimized Link State
Routing Protocol (OLSRv2) for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs).

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: James Nguyen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 15:31:24 -0400

Congratulations to OLSRv2 (and OLSRv2-related) authors!

This is the first time I have seen many RFCs in one day!  :)  Hope many
more are coming.  :)

James

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:28 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>

-- 
James Nguyen
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Christopher Dearlove <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 21:15:09 +0100

Not as many, but there are some others, with MT-OLSRv2 leading.

--  
Christopher Dearlove
[email-masked] (iPhone)
[email-masked] (home)

> On 10 Apr 2014, at 20:31, James Nguyen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> This is the first time I have seen many RFCs in one day!  :)  Hope many more are coming.  :)
> 
> James
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 08:27:37 +0200

>         Title:      The Optimized Link State Routing Protocol

Congratulation to everyone involved in this flood of new RFCs. :)

Henning Rogge

-- 
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE
Kommunikationssysteme (KOM)
Fraunhofer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-961,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:[email-masked] http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:41:16 +0100

Congratulation to MANET WG and the authors.

 The best thing I like in the flood mentioned, is that they make it easier
to remember the RFC numbers. Furthermore, it's great that OLSRv2 (even
OLSR a nice number 3626), I like also how it was chosen 7187 and 7188 for
related work. (in some places people pay money/effort for getting nice
numbers and I also would like to thank who considered that in our
IETF standard :-)

Thanks to all,

Abdussalam