Subject: [manet] #40 (aodvv2): AckReq vs RREP_ACK

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:39:32 -0000

#40: AckReq vs RREP_ACK

 In Section 13.5., the AODVv2 Draft briefly describes a mechanism called
 RREP_ACK, which seems to serve a similar purpose as the AckReqs described
 in section 5.2.
 While RFC 3561, which is referenced in section 13.5., explains that a
 RREP-ACK is sent when a packet with the 'A' bit set is received, the
 AODVv2 does not describe how a RREP_ACK is triggered.
 Additionally, the draft does not specify how a RREP_ACK should be handled.
 If the feature of a RREP_ACK is really needed, a more thorough explanation
 should be added. Otherwise, removing it could be a step towards de-
 cluttering the draft.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lotte.steenbrink@fu-     |      Owner:  draft-ietf-manet-
  berlin.de                          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2                   |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/40>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>