Subject: [manet] #35 (aodvv2): A constant is constant

From: "manet issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 21:34:35 -0000

#35: A constant is constant

 (Thomas Clausen)
 Section 14.2 "Protocol Constants" contains a semantically null
 sentence AODVv2 protocol constants typically do not require changes

 A constant is constant, therefore it doesn't change. Even for very
 loose definitions of constant.  With that being said, the interesting
 part here is actually not that bit...but rather, what happens *if*
 these are not set to the values that are indicated? Or, if different
 implementations use different values for these? The same holds for
 14.2, btw: is a network able to operate with different routers setting
 different values? Will it break? Degrade gracefully? Just work?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-manet-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:
Component:  aodvv2       |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG    |   Keywords:
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/manet/trac/ticket/35>
manet <http://tools.ietf.org/manet/>