Subject: [manet] [Errata Verified] RFC5444 (4178)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 10:56:48 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5444,
"Generalized Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Packet/Message Format". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5444&eid=4178

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Ronald in 't Velt <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-11-13
Verified by: Adrian Farrel (IESG)

Section: 6.5.1

Original Text
-------------
When an Address Block TLV Type is registered, then a new registry for
type extensions of that type must be created.  A document that
defines a Message TLV Type MUST also specify the mechanism by which
its type extensions are allocated, from among those in [BCP26].

Corrected Text
--------------
When an Address Block TLV Type is registered, then a new registry for
type extensions of that type must be created.  A document that
defines an Address Block TLV Type MUST also specify the mechanism by
which its type extensions are allocated, from among those in [BCP26].

Notes
-----
'Message TLV Type' should read 'Address Block TLV Type'. This is likely a 'Copy-Paste' error from section 6.4.1, which stipulates a similar requirement for Message TLV Type Extension Registry creation.

--------------------------------------
RFC5444 (draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Generalized Mobile Ad Hoc Network (MANET) Packet/Message Format
Publication Date    : February 2009
Author(s)           : T. Clausen, C. Dearlove, J. Dean, C. Adjih
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG