Subject: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 23:45:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Packet Sequence Number based directional airtime metric for OLSRv2
        Authors         : Henning Rogge
                          Emmanuel Baccelli
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-04-21

Abstract:
   This document specifies an directional airtime link metric for usage
   in OLSRv2.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Henning Rogge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:48:14 +0200

>         Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-dat-metric-05.txt

Hi,

I posted a last revision of the DAT metric draft based on a review I
got from Fabian Nack.

The change is small, I renamed two variables to make their usage more
clear and fixed a mixup between two variable names in the metric
update.

I think DAT should be ready for last call...

Henning Rogge

---

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:56:34 +0200

Hi Henning,

Thanks for the update, I think also that it can go for last call, I will
try to review in the coming days, but short comments below.

1-I think the draft calls this metric as DAT metric, as you mention in the
draft in other sections, so we can mention this in the title or in Abstract
or in introduction.

2-suggest to add to the Abstract:

The DAT metric document describes a new routing metric for
OLSRv2. It takes both the loss rate and the link speed into
account to provide additional information of the links within the MANET.

3- The applicability statement is excellent, however, my only comment is
that it mentions the word 'metric' (meaning this specification metric) but
could we clarify it in this section as DAT metric, or just say the metric
specification.

Best Regards,

AB

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Henning Rogge <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>